Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 72922 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2012, 07:12:46 AM »

I am of several minds concerning this topic.

1] Why should you, Bocc or anyone, abide by the rules set up when you had no say in their creation?

What game do you play where you get to make up the rules? If I become a bijuu host I am bound to the rules they come with regardless of if I had anything to do in their creation or not. If I play football I am also bound by the rules of the game and I certainly am not the creator of that game either.

However, if problems arise rules can certainly be modified as we have seen the game of football change over the YEARS. On SL we have a unique problem.  It has to deal with Claimed Techniques. Since ownership was in the hands of others, regardless of how you came into its use, you must abide by the rules that are set up for it. And if the legit owners, rather than one who gains through battle, do not agree to such changes that you wish to make, then that is the end of it. Rather than try to bend everything to your own liking why not just deal with the hand you are dealt?

2] Zombies can only be your own alts.

[Rule #4 from  SL.]
4. Yet: You are not allowed to make a multiaccount just to get yourself more donation points, gold, buffs (marriage), etc. To put it short, you should not do so to benefit one character through the other. If you do, punishment includes cancellation of credited donation points and a ban from the server.

To me this would also include RP rewards. Very rarely do I ever RP with one of my own alts. First it is no fun and I interpreted rule #4 to mean I should not do so. For may I not as a Konoha nin let my Suna nin in the gates so that I can attack Konoha? I call that cheating.

For this reason I also have to point out to Bocc that just because an account is your alt, it does not automatically mean that you had access to its DNA. Most of my alts do not even know each other in RP.

I believe that this rule about the zombies having to be Alts should be changed. I think that first of all we should get back to the Killing off of other people's characters to begin with. I want it banned. Unless the person agrees that they will fight to the death, with the understanding that they will then be turned into a zombie and are subject to having to RP as one belonging to another character. I believe that killing the character of another person is the WORST type of CHARACTER CONTROL there is. And it is an easy thing to kawarimi yourself out of battle and exit. If this escape from certain death is taken, then the character should not be allowed to enter the battle or go for help or effect it in any way afterwards until after the fighting is over and the issue at hand has been settled. Then the character should be allowed to return and deal with the consequences such as being branded a coward, or having to live in a hostile regime as an outlaw or other type of scenarios.

I believe that if Edo Tensei cannot be used upon other characters to create zombies that it should be banned from resurrecting folks as a boon as well.

Additionally. If I can only make alts my zombie then I am limited to my own leveling ability in creating a zombie with only those powers. It seems that my lesser accounts would only be leveled for the purpose of creating a zombie and the lengthy period to which  I can level it to the right power level before I can even make one. Who wants a chuunin no reset Zombie when I can kill Cmage and gain all those cool things for my personal use? Yes yes...the infinite chakra pool of a chuunin would be cool BUT! I object to the infinite chakra pool in the first place even if it is canon. :P The dang gone Zombie is God mod enough already without that too!

3] Claimed Canon Jutsu [does not contradict point 1 as this is about game mechanic earned KGs and not specific claimed canon jutus]

This is a huge issue. Things that are taught in the academy or are able to be copied in battle of course are not the issue. Who dares to claim Kage Bunshin and prevent others from using it? But the Six Path Techniques? This is a game reset KG. I do not see how someone who works to gain the resets for a KG should then be denied their powers just because someone levels faster than they do and calls it first.

What does makes sense though is everyone having to create their own jutsu and crafting their own KG techniques. Similarities would not be an issue then if each were discovered independently and crafted by each individual user. Does anyone recall when this was the case with the Sharingan Techniques? But perhaps that is just too unwieldy.

But then maybe it is not? You are a reset character! That demands a higher level of RP and creativity anyway. Is it so wrong to expect this extra mile out of you the player?

4] Refusing to abide by the rules just because it is not changed to suit your specific needs?

I think that is a RP voiding offense.

Finally:

I believe that people should talk about stuff without making insulting remarks and slurs toward others as a means of making their case. That does not prove anything but that you can be insulting and that the person you are insulting, if what you say just happens to be true, is human. And who cares? It is one thing to RP your character as a jerk. It is quite another to BE a jerk and treat people in this game rudely or slander their names. I fully support banning for such offenses. I certainly do not enjoy being the object of scorn any more than I enjoy witnessing the same thing happening to others. It is a huge buzz kill all the way around.

And Bocc, that was not directed at you. I have a member in my own clan who is becoming a problematic troll. I do not come here to be 'mother' and discipline folk. I come here to play and have fun. This sort of behavior is not fun. And if a person believes it is, they should leave and go someplace where that type of game is appreciated; it has long since outlived its amusement factor on SL and the forum.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 08:33:15 AM by KayentaMoenkopi »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2012, 10:57:39 PM »

One thing I will mention is the problem I have with following Pete's rules. He bull shits me constantly. He told me it was Kamui's jutsu, his claim is void, Kamui I'm not saying you're lying about it now, I'm sure it isn't. Kamui however did have "holder of the Edo Tensei scroll" in his bio while we fought. When things started to go south for Kamui it seems that it was decided that Pete all of a sudden had the scroll and was the creator again. The flip flopping to screw me over is nonsense. Pete has Edo Tensei and so do I, we should both make rules but neither of us should be in charge of the other.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2012, 04:40:18 AM »

I normally wouldn't post on a topic like this, but, for one thing, it's clear that there are shenanigans going on.

Edo Tensei is that bish that won't shut up. You beat and beat, but it never gets quiet. The shotgun option stands of killing it, but there will be people to protest and get you arrested... Metaphor aside, I have reason to believe that if you attained the technique legitly, you should have a say in how it is run if the technique is canon. If it was custom, whole different ballpark that this left fielder doesn't wanna run to.

I'm not agreeing with all of Bocc's parts, but it seems fair that there should be some flexibility on a canon technique of all things! Hiraishin actually hasn't changed much from its canon counterpart, despite its potential for abuse, except for the fact that alot more people have it. Fair game, hardly anyone touched that. But Edo Tensei is on a whole different level; it's more than just auto-warping faster than I can shadow possess at the gates of Konoha (reference to my "fight" with Tomi at the gates for those who were slightly entertained by it). It's bringing back the super dead ninjas of the past to wreck havoc!

Funny though how not too many ninja die nowadays, but that's beside the point. (Imma kick myself later for saying this) There shouldn't be a single "founder" who makes all the rules on a canon technique!
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2012, 05:23:18 AM »

Found a fun loop hole, I summoned my Edo Tensei forces to attack Iwa. Now I'm just never going to unsummon, there for I never have to pay a chakra cost for them again.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2012, 01:19:13 AM »

I thought it cost 25% of your chakra to maintain a single one? Meaning, you know, so long they're up, you're only at a fraction of your chakra the whole time.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2012, 12:50:59 AM »

I thought it cost 25% of your chakra to maintain a single one? Meaning, you know, so long they're up, you're only at a fraction of your chakra the whole time.

Except that makes no sense and aren't how jutsu work. >> I've just decided that if we get right down to it Pete's claim is void. Kamui was claiming to be the creator into out fight and when he started going down hill suddenly Pete had it, anything rp-wise done during the fight would have been voided so I question whether Pete has Edo Tensei in any form, now less as emperor of it.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2012, 01:23:58 AM »

If we get right down to it, everything we've used that's not canon is void. Your last post is void; so is mine.

25% to maintain a single body is how the rule went -- since Pete made the rules and you abode by them (at some point), take it up to him.

If it costs 25% chakra per, then you only maintain 25% of your own chakra.

If anything, cheer up because you might be able to pull off some crazy chakra-cap raise since you can push your limits somehow. Like, a kage-bunshin training or whatever.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2012, 01:31:15 AM »

I never followed Pete's rules >> My only comment before this portion was mentioning some of the extra stupid ones and then it was locked when I got back. Pete told me I had to follow them and I told him he is gonna call me a god modder regardless so why bother?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2012, 04:58:30 AM »

This must be what artistic inspiration feels like because I just thought of the biggest loop hole in these rules. :D

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2012, 03:00:45 PM »

Locking this up a bit.

I feel revisions, changes, and the likely are in favor in order to comply with the community and rules.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2012, 03:02:26 PM by Inuzuka Taraka »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 06, 2012, 11:23:57 PM »

So, it's simple. Do you think Edo Tensei should be voided from SL? If so, then vote yes and then post that you voted yes. If no, then vote no and then vote that you voted no.

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 07, 2012, 01:20:55 AM »

I voted yes, and I'll explain why.

Edo Tensei was more of a plot relevance than a legit thing in the series. Yes, it exists. Yes, it can be used. But in the manga/anime, the only reason this jutsu even existed was to draw out the war on Akatsuki, which was down to a mere Tobi/Madara, Sasuke and his silly group, Zetsu, Kisame and that's it. So to cover this, Kabuto was given Edo Tensei to use as a means to draw out the inevitable demise of the group and make the series longer - It's shonen, that's what they do.

But outside that and any slaps to the face incoming by possible changes to this story coming post-shinobi war, which I haven't read yet.

Edo Tensei ruins the game for RP. In an era where people don't care about the game itself, and in roleplay are mostly too self-consumed in gaining the best of the best jutsus possible without giving themselves a logical weakness at heart (Sasuke's arrogance and youth, Neji's blind spot, etc. etc.), having something that brings the dead back to life, at their prime and in service to you, being all but immortal, where does that leave new roleplayers?

Yes, the generation before will be stronger than the generation coming starting out. That's a given, You can't be an academy student at a young age, and expect to defeat the Hokage one versus one, but there's where growing takes place. Shinobi Legends won't exist forever and discouraging anyone new that comes by with people walking around with six or so of SL's best of the best before, at their prime, immortal, being able to destroy a village without giving a single care as to the drastic impact it'll have on the roleplay itself? That's just going to run off anyone new that -could- be joining SL, leaving us with people that are, for lack of better ways to describe it, getting older. Eventually they'll have to quit SL, and move on to life in general. And then we're left with... well. Nothing. The new generation didn't want to put up with edo tensei hogging the show eternally and the old just got old.

The game itself aside and focusing on roleplay at hand, well I'll be honest. When Edo Tensei are involved, I care significantly less about the summoner and master and more about them. The Edo Tensei is better than the owner is, in everything but hierarchy of being summoned. There's no character build or legacy growing from X summoning Y who defeats Z because he's a immortal zombie at his prime. It just means 'Hey. Don't mess with X, he has Y.', or 'He's pretty pathetic on his own, but Y...'.

I just don't see why we have to use Edo Tensei. When someone quits the game, let it rest. When someone dies, fine, if you can find a way to revive them that sounds at least somewhat logical, and possible for -your- character to do, roleplay it out. But don't sit here and say 'Hey.'

'Got five or six Edo Tensei'

'Going to go destroy Iwagakure, Kumogakure, Konohagakure...' etc. etc.

May as well have a shinobi legends where everyone worships Jashin if Edo Tensei is going to continue to play a role in it.

... Doesn't help that Edo Tensei causes drama everywhere it goes either, y'know?
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:24:27 AM by Reimu Hakurei »

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 07, 2012, 01:55:47 AM »

I voted no and I'll tell you why, since Edo Tensei is clearly a canon jutsu...if the community can come together as a whole to void even canon jutsu then I don't see why we can't do the same to canon or custom kekkei genkai/tota/jutsu.
If you want me to name a few examples that are way more OP then Edo Tensei, I would more then happy to provide them.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 01:56:41 AM by Camel »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 07, 2012, 02:06:35 AM »

Thank you both for doing as I asked instead of just voting. Alts can't really be used this way. Any who, people do void custom KG, KT, and jutsu. Usually when someone goes against an opponent with an OP custom jutsu they discuss it and it's either toned or voided/gotten rid of. Canon on the other hand isn't as simple as that since, well, it's canon. When it comes to Canon jutsu usually things like this have to happen or the majority of SL has to agree on it which is why Madara's reverse thing was voided because the majority of SL agreed it was way too OP. Also, if you fell that any other canon jutsu is OP then list it here or create your own poll.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 07, 2012, 02:20:28 AM »

I voted yes.

Originally, I was going to vote no (contrary to common belief), in spite of its 'infinite chakra-possessing' and general 'more-(metaphorically)-immortal-than-Jashinism-immortality immortality' traits (although, only in regards to open roleplay, not necessarily bijuu battles or the sort where obviously the challenged would be placed at an obvious disadvantage), however, the fact that generally, it can be taught to technically anybody (as Bocc did with Trev) makes constructing an immortal army capable of utilizing jutsu's indiscriminately nothing more than child's play, put bluntly.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 29

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 17 queries.