Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Author Topic: Official rules of Edo Tensei  (Read 72920 times)

Tsuyo

• View Profile
Re: Official rules of Edo Tensei
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2013, 05:11:21 AM »

Well, I agree that it should be able to be used, and can easily be countered (Clones, seals, and the various weaknesses of edo in general). It's a jutsu just like any other. Out of curiosity, was this biju rule placed before or after the ratio rule?
Lol I'm hungry.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 02, 2013, 05:16:07 AM »

Well, I agree that it should be able to be used, and can easily be countered (Clones, seals, and the various weaknesses of edo in general). It's a jutsu just like any other. Out of curiosity, was this biju rule placed before or after the ratio rule?

Clarify.
The one about the Edo Tensei hosting bijuus or the one about not allowing them in official Jinchuuriki fights?

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 02, 2013, 07:51:04 AM »

official jinchuuriki fights.
Lol I'm hungry.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2013, 10:50:11 PM »

So that leaves one rule left in debate; Edo Tenseis are not allowed in biju fights. I think it should be treated like any other fight and we can at least use one, like any other situation. We don't block other op jutsu from fights? Thoughts?

Let's say this if a Jinchuuriki agrees to the usage of the 1:1 user/ET ratio then it really should be treated like any other fight.
I just don't really want to see it abused like Bocchiere used it when he attacked other villages.
The ratio should still apply, since it's indeed fair as "Summons" count towards this ratio.
I don't know if this was mention but Edo Tensei can't host bijuus and that's pretty much it.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2013, 11:43:01 PM »

Edo Tensei, just like other over-powered ninpou, should be allowed to be used in bijuu battles.
As I said before, using the technique should just have a huge chakra cost. It's as simple as that.

But if you guys are really focused on limiting this ninpou, I'm not against only using one Edo summoning per bijuu challenge. How does that sound? 

@Trev: No one taught me. I simply introduced the ninpou officially via rp when I was affiliated with Edo Jigoku, the organization.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 11:43:37 PM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 03, 2013, 12:28:57 AM »

In reply to Tsuyo, I think around the same time, you'll have to go back pages to find out. People just wanted Edo to be used in open RP and not biju fights.

I'm fine with giving up some chakra for a summon and only using one for a biju fight, seems fair.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2013, 12:43:25 AM »

That's fair to me as well. The one per biju fight suggestion, as well as having to give up a lot of chakra to summon out a zombie.
Lol I'm hungry.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 03, 2013, 01:25:15 AM »

As for Chakra cost, 10% of your chakra pool should suffice to summon one Edo Summoning.
Now, I'm actually willing to debuff this ninpou even more...

- How about if halve of the chakra the Edo summoning uses for Ninjutsu, gets reduced out of the summoner's chakra pool? The only advantage to Edo Tensei would be the variety of ninjutsu that would be available to you.

- Outside bijuu battles, the limit of Edo summonings per battle should be 3, just like it was originally shown during the first battle of Orochimaru vs. The Second Hokage. Also, only 2 Edo summonings can be at play at the same time. If any of those Edo summonings are restricted by fuinjutsu or are dismissed by the user, one more can be summoned.

This is how I was originally going to debuff Edo Tensei, but I didn't have the time to do that because of health issues. Fortunately, I'm doing better now, and I wish to know what you guys think of my ideas? Is it too much? Too little? Too perfect? Do tell.

« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 01:33:18 AM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 03, 2013, 01:47:34 AM »

10% per zombie seems fair to me, but taking away chakra to use Edo moves from the summoner seems like too much. Plus people are just going to find loophole and get more tai based zombies instead.

As for a limit, I think we already have a good and fair system that people seem to like. Maintain a 1v1 ratio rule, with a max of six. So if you say took on a village, and summoned six, that's 60% of your chakra right there. Never mind furthering reducing your chakra by paying for their moves.

If anything, for a different nerf, have putting Edos on the field put a strain on the user. This would make people use it more like the manga, and have their zombies fight for them while they watch, instead of summoning the zombies and having yourself join in on the onslaught.

Obviously the strain would be moderate at best.

Thoughts? 

Edit: In retrospect, that seems harder to implement, perhaps just add the 10% rule to the list we have and be done with this.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 04:38:11 AM by Trev »

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2013, 09:22:23 AM »

- How about if halve of the chakra the Edo summoning uses for Ninjutsu, gets reduced out of the summoner's chakra pool? The only advantage to Edo Tensei would be the variety of ninjutsu that would be available to you.
If anything, for a different nerf, have putting Edos on the field put a strain on the user. This would make people use it more like the manga, and have their zombies fight for them while they watch, instead of summoning the zombies and having yourself join in on the onslaught.

I don't like either of these ideas just for the fact that neither tend to make much sense to me in my head. Edo is a trump for a reason, and what happens if one summons the max of Six Zombies? If you half your chakra pool for Jutsu and such, six times, after summoning six zombies.... Or even one zombie. You are at 90% after summoning, then you have to half that for jutsu uses and such? That takes you done to 45% right there, stopping you from logically having any more zombies than one or two.
As for the physical strain, although I understand the fact of trying to add some sort of drawback, in a Bijuu fight, or any fight, stepping back and letting a zombie would be meaningless since the fact of the jutsu, more or less, is to give the edge to the summoner in the end.

Regardless, that's just my two cents on that...

I'd also like to ask this;
What about in your own village? For example; If I have four zombies that are dressed like ANBU for my village that simply 'prowl' and such like any other ANBU, is there a rule against that? Already summoned, and just acting like any other Shinobi, obviously them being on auto... Is there anything against this? Or is this allowed?

Edit: In retrospect, that seems harder to implement, perhaps just add the 10% rule to the list we have and be done with this.
^ That.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2013, 04:15:48 AM »

- Outside bijuu battles, the limit of Edo summonings per battle should be 3, just like it was originally shown during the first battle of Orochimaru vs. The Second Hokage. Also, only 2 Edo summonings can be at play at the same time. If any of those Edo summonings are restricted by fuinjutsu or are dismissed by the user, one more can be summoned.

I have no problem with this since raising the limit to six is waaay to much and can be abused.
Also I have no problem with cutting the chakra costs from a quarter to ten percent of your current chakra pools.
If you're using Edo Tensei 's forces for NPC guards, well it *won't* count towards the limit unless they become engage with another user then the 1:1 ratio will apply. (User/ET | ET/ET | ETC)

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2013, 09:49:33 PM »

I don't think the limit for six is that bad, as that means your fighting six or more people. Usually for this scenario to play out, your in a village fight or just got jumped by a group of people. But that's my opinion.

If you're using Edo Tensei 's forces for NPC guards, well it *won't* count towards the limit unless they become engage with another user then the 1:1 ratio will apply. (User/ET | ET/ET | ETC)

^ Yep, outside of battle you can have as many Edos out as you want. But as soon as a fight begins, the ratio rule kicks in.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 06, 2013, 02:35:54 AM »

Forgive me if I overstep my boundaries with this statement, but I find it questionable that those who are responsible for coming up with Edo Tensei rules are...the sole users of Edo Tensei.  No matter how much someone tries to be unbiased on the issue, if you are a user, there will always be a level of subconscious favoritism towards your own "trump".   Trust me, it's human nature.  It's natural for everybody.

Also, it takes 50% of your chakra to create a single shadow clone.  A single Shadow Clone.  Based on that measurement it seems silly for Edo Tensei to only take 10%.  Just thought I'd point that out.

Oh, and guess I'll also add that having a super high chakra cost for "summoning" your Edo Tensei summons really isn't a weakness due to the high number of work-arounds it has.  As Shinro would know, on TNF we call those kinds of weaknesses, "Fake Weaknesses".  I already count 3 completely valid work-arounds to this chakra cost requirements that anyone can do to make the "high chakra cost" requirement null.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 02:41:26 AM by Zojin »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #253 on: June 06, 2013, 04:30:30 AM »

Realistically a single shadow clone would cost more. When you summon an Edo in battle that is literally all you are doing, performing a Kuchiyose to bring the zombie to you. The ritual to create it would have been done before hand, just saying.

There really isn't any direct weakness to Edo Tensei in combat. The only weakness the jutsu has is the prep work, you need to kill someone or get the DNA of someone who has been killed, and get a living body to sacrifice to summon them back.  Unless we want to make up things that don't exist canonically there really isn't a way to limit the jutsu. It seems there is already a limit on the zombies, no? 6 of them? And the 1:1 ratio makes it so you can only summon as many as people you are fighting.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 06, 2013, 04:39:53 AM »

Forgive me if I overstep my boundaries with this statement, but I find it questionable that those who are responsible for coming up with Edo Tensei rules are...the sole users of Edo Tensei.  No matter how much someone tries to be unbiased on the issue, if you are a user, there will always be a level of subconscious favoritism towards your own "trump".   Trust me, it's human nature.  It's natural for everybody.

I think you misunderstand the meaning behind favoritism, if we were picking favorites around here then wouldn't we not be nerfing this kinjutsu?
The problem is I don't want another Bocchiere and I'm sure no one wants that.
I want be stern yet fair when it comes to addressing this.

Also, it takes 50% of your chakra to create a single shadow clone.  A single Shadow Clone.  Based on that measurement it seems silly for Edo Tensei to only take 10%.  Just thought I'd point that out.

I missed this information.
Let's see here; "The user's chakra is evenly distributed among every clone, giving each clone an equal fraction of the user's overall power"
So it's somewhat correct, If I make a single clone...well fifty-percentage of my chakras get distributed into it.
However when it comes to making three of them, well you must divide twenty-five percent.
Either way I see where you're coming with this because I wanted some input from someone other then users of Edo Tensei or those associated with it.
I thank you for this.

Oh, and guess I'll also add that having a super high chakra cost for "summoning" your Edo Tensei summons really isn't a weakness due to the high number of work-arounds it has.  As Shinro would know, on TNF we call those kinds of weaknesses, "Fake Weaknesses".  I already count 3 completely valid work-arounds to this chakra cost requirements that anyone can do to make the "high chakra cost" requirement null.

So here's my stance, I rather go with a quarter-percentage of chakra costs rather then ten-percentage or better yet how about you give me a percentage to work with, Purple.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 29

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 17 queries.