Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Yumei's Rinnegan Rules  (Read 16247 times)

cmage

• View Profile
Re: Yumei's Rinnegan Rules
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2012, 06:51:55 PM »

Why not just ban EMS, that's the root of the problem...

Edit: Someone is about to kill off an alt just so they can get EMS/Rinnegan >>

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 07:26:06 PM by cmage »
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2012, 08:05:13 PM »

Just as well ban immortality and infinite chakra too.

No one but you should be immortal, otherwise who will stomp village wide rp to death when someone auto hits the ground?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2012, 08:05:46 PM »

Why not just ban EMS, that's the root of the problem...

Edit: Someone is about to kill off an alt just so they can get EMS/Rinnegan >>

Attacking Konoha for a reason, I'm tired of Yumei shenanigans.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2012, 11:03:22 PM »

Claiming Uchiha and Senju DNA has been allowed before the latest chapter and it will not be voided now just because people don't like it. I agree that one should have the reborns, but claiming the DNA shouldn't be voided.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2012, 01:30:40 AM »

I don't whole-heartily agree with the rules being implemented without the community's consent...I mean it was without a moment's notice after the manga's revelation.
We should've at least had an opportunity to discuss it via the village sub-boards.
Also I am against *some* rules within that page that will certainly benefit others (multichars) in the long run.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:37:36 AM by Camel »

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2012, 10:58:23 AM »

I have to agree with Camel on this and put in some additional thoughts.

I didn't care for the 'rules' not being discussed at all.

and in addition to Rakudo we also have Luka who's many Rinny resets will be trash canned.

that is a ton of work for nothing and I can tell you...were it me? You ALL could try to void what I had spent 80 DK per reset to obtain and I would just tell you to back off.

This is just  another aspect of KG from the game mechanics being incorporated into RP. How many KGs can one person have? How legit is it to be dipping into 4 at once? and how do you make it fair to restrict what is earned in the forest when it comes to RP. IS IT EVEN RIGHT TO DO SO?

I could sit here all day and argue for or against either side. I don't know what the answer is.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2012, 02:04:42 PM »

I second the infinite chakra portion, but "immortality" isn't true immortality unless we're talking Edo Tensei.

People are not gonna like it. But Rinnegan is a very high powered technique. We can propose this to the community, obviously, since they/we are the ones who are ultimately going to have to work either towards it or away from it.

However, we know already what most of them will say. They will object, as we have seen from the fraction here. So here's my question.

Why keep any of the established power rules of shinobilegends? Aside from ones designed for zone fighting, obviously, if people are going to get worked up having to work even harder for the most powerful set of eyes in naruto-verse history, then why shouldn't I get worked up that I can't use Sage Mode until after I reset three times? And Scorch release till after I reset in Mokuton a few times? Or even Hachimon with those two resets?

"It's not the same." As for the scale of work, maybe not. But the idea that we don't want to work through the game to get those RP powers is the same concept. Why bother having those KG limits implemented at all? Because a higher amount of the community would benefit from the non-reborn guys not being able to claim what they (the people who've been here resetting longer) have worked years for. And I understand that with a very dear heart.

But, ultimately, as Cmage pointed out, EMS is a big issue too, but considering what rinnegan gives you (access to all elements, theoretically even KG ones since you have mastery of all elements needed to use it and the Six Paths of Pain) are we truly mad for wanting a bit of a limit on how many people are running around with it? It's the same idea when it was said that KG should be backed by in-game resets.

To wrap this up, I just want to conclude on this note: no, I don't have lots of resets, in fact, I would say I have got some nerve for making my statements, but the truth of the matter is that when it comes down to it, the philosophy to limit certain things can't just be centered around convenience. If we're going to limit most other major powers and abilities of the realm with the KG scaling, then Rinnegan in particular should be no exception with the new suggestions.

*As an added note, if you have all the Rinnegan resets, you are already either mostly or a 1/3 of the way there to completing the Rinnegan. Those resets are not entirely wasted in the process.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 02:10:03 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2012, 03:06:32 PM »

My opinion on the matter is simple. We can't ignore people that have poured sweat and time into reborning into Rinnegan and also those who have reborning rinnegan and chose hyuga instead of uchiha without knowing this revelation would come to light. What i suggest is this, those who don't have Uchiha and EMS with Senju etc, etc should still retain their rinnegans but on a nerfed basis. For example, if one had rinnegan and chose hyuuga or anything else that doesn't grant one the True Rinnegan would fall under that category. Example would be preta path, for those who don't have the true rinnegan it wouldn't absorb 100% of chakra based attacks but would only at best absorb 50% and take the rest of the attack as damage. Thoughts?
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2012, 08:31:21 PM »

My opinion on the matter is simple. We can't ignore people that have poured sweat and time into reborning into Rinnegan and also those who have reborning rinnegan and chose hyuga instead of uchiha without knowing this revelation would come to light. What i suggest is this, those who don't have Uchiha and EMS with Senju etc, etc should still retain their rinnegans but on a nerfed basis. For example, if one had rinnegan and chose hyuuga or anything else that doesn't grant one the True Rinnegan would fall under that category. Example would be preta path, for those who don't have the true rinnegan it wouldn't absorb 100% of chakra based attacks but would only at best absorb 50% and take the rest of the attack as damage. Thoughts?

I feel that nerfing it at all is just a cop out. If we can't ignore people who have poured sweat and time into reborning and chose hyuuga or hyouton instead, then why should their ability to use the Rinnegan be dumbed down at all when people who now have the chance to arrange their resets properly from here on out will NOT be having their Rinnegan inhibited? 

Hard work should be rewarded no matter when it was completed. IF the rinnegan is to be dumbed down then it should be for everyone, not just those who are getting screwed by the manga revelations.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2012, 09:04:35 PM »

EMS? How many people have killed a sibling in RP, one who wasn't an alt to steal their eyes? Not nearly as many as claim having it. What I suggest is that the use of pirated KG that you don't have the resets to back up to be banned. That gets rid of the problem of rinnegan floating around everywhere. Secondly, that someone without Uchiha and Senju DNA can use the Rinnegan abilities, but not Paths. Keep in mind that it just needs the DNA, not the respective resets.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2012, 10:01:43 PM »

I really don't see this coming to any agreement as there are those who are for the Uchiha/Rinne/Senju combo in resets to fully rp with Rinnegan then there are the others. And I will use Luka as a fine example as he does RP/Zone and I myself have a Hyuuga account so I know how stress full it is compared to all of you who are pro Uchiha/Rinne/Senju to level such an account. The fact that he leveled GM Hyuuga and is nearly completed on Rinnegan just to not be able to use it is stupid.

I for one had my character receive implants but will be following the Uchiha/Rinne/Senju yet still retain implants just to keep the whiners to shut up. Though I really don't see anything wrong with someone having 6 resets into the rinnegan and rping their character to have had those via transplant from an npc as now their hard earned resets can't be put into use and I for one know not many people have the leisure of lets say I or maybe others to have more then 1 or 2 accounts to fool around with so when restricting something like that is put into effect if I were to be one of those I am right behind Kay and will tell them to back off.

Madara very well stated EMS + Senju genes = True way to unlock Rinnegan. Nagato never unlocked it he received in which the rules are stating one cannot be a Nagato like character? And I mean for those with Rinnegan resets not the little schmucks that go around asking the Pinoy members or those who don't rp to gain a doujutsu without any resets.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2012, 10:12:28 PM »

I'm a big fan of having the Rinnegan require far more prerequisites than it already has.  As it was stated in this thread earlier, by obtaining access to the 1st path as a reset, this gives a person far more (and way more powerful) abilities than any other initiate KG.  To summarize quickly, just the first path allows the user to utilize: every jutsu element,  Bansho Ten'in, Shinra Tensei, Chibaku Tensei, AND a "grand" Shinra Tensei.  Keep in mind that the "grand" ST was able to obliterate 80%+ of Konoha in one move.  The Chibaku Tensei can easily do the same taking into account that this gravitational ball apparently was enough to hinder Naruto's 8-tails form.  That's pretty darn powerful.  I won't even go into the higher paths for the sake of time since the rinnegan only gets more and more powerful from there as abilities are added on via other paths.

Now on the other hand, what can an initiate sharingan do?  It allows the character to access up to a three tomoe sharingan as well as some random katon jutsu.  That's it.  Mangekyo is still locked, and even then, elite OP techniques like Izanagi/mi & perfected Susanoo are voided anyways.  1st reset in toad sage? Nothing is different RP-wise unless you like to summon a few toads.  Initiate Byakugan? The typical "x-ray" abilities of the hyuuga and the hyuugan poking techniques.  1st stage of the Kaguya/Gates?  These are power/speed boosters but still definitely not something that can take down an entire village in one go.

See where I'm going with this?  Just in comparison to everything else, the rinnegan is the most straight-forward powerful KG in the system.  And because of that, I believe that there should be a heavy set of requirements in order to use this OP KG.  Despite all of this, I do agree with Kay and Zen that nobody's hard work should be left high and dry.  If someone put in the work to get the resets for a rinnegan and byakugan thinking that they can continue to use both, they shouldn't be barred from using all rinnegan abilities just because they chose to be a hyuugan or have already reset into hyouton in the past.  That's not fair.  Someone who has a Master Byakugan put in just as much -if not more- work as someone who as a Master Sharingan reset.  The idea of nerfing "none true" rinnegan works in theory, but how would you calculate out what exactly is a 50% decrease of the Asura path?  What's 50% of the Animal Path?  Calculations like that are a bit too subjective for a wildly freeform site such as this one.

Taking all of this into consideration, I propose this simple idea:

Users are able to access the abilities of the rinnegan after completing 8-reset total of the following:
- reset x4 in either Uchiha/Hyuuga
- reset x4 in either Hyouton/Mokuton

Only after those 8 resets will the user have the option of pursuing the 6-path and unlocking each path's ability one by one as people are already doing.

I know this proposition isn't following Kishimoto's recipe (Uchiha+Senju) for the Rinnegan to a T, but at the same time, this site is already taking cannon KG way beyond what I'm sure Kishi intended due to our ability to stack them.  Rather than sticking to the manga like it's the bible and placing 30% of the SL community at a disadvantage, I say we deviate slightly from Kishi's manga (when absolutely necessary) to create a ruling that gives equal opportunity to 100%.

Using this way, everyone is happy.  Hyuugans/Hyouton users are not forever excluded from obtaining the 6-paths so their hard work isn't forgotten, and the people who agree that there should be more reset requirements for the rinnegan also get what they want.  Yes, this will most likely be annoying to the user who has an account that only has for example two resets in the paths and nothing else.  But should full access of the rinnegan really be given to someone who only has two resets total?

As for pirated eyes, I still say that the person who steals someone's activated rinnegan eyes (who had already completed the x8 reset requirement) are still unable to use them unless they are at least x4 reset in either hyouton/mokuton.  This can be linked to the fact that apparently Nagato was able to use the rinnegan despite not having uchiha genetics implanted in him.

TL;DR
- Rinnegan is OP and should require more prerequisites
- It's not fair to ban already reset Hyuuga/Hyouton users from using the path's full potential
- Instead of requirements being specifically Uchiha (x4)+ Senju (x4), the prerequisites can any combination of Hyuuga/Uchiha + Moku/Hyou as long as there there is a total of 8 resets of this combination.
- Pirated rinnegan can only be stolen from someone who had already unlocked the rinnegan via 8 resets, and can only be used if the new obtainer's account is at least at a level 4 elemental KG.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2012, 10:30:12 PM »

Zojin's suggestion seems like a fair deal. 4x Dojutsu reset and 4x Elemental KG resets. Available for everyone, with enough hard work to keep the Rinnegan a rare deal. This has my vote, but if people aren't going to give this a try, then I'll just fall back onto the Uchiha/Senju/Rinnegan vote. >>;

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2012, 10:34:12 PM »

Taking all of this into consideration, I propose this simple idea:

Users are able to access the abilities of the rinnegan after completing 8-reset total of the following:
- reset x4 in either Uchiha/Hyuuga
- reset x4 in either Hyouton/Mokuton.

As a player who as 1 in Hyouton and already have 6 resets in Rinnegan and 4 into Sharingan I can accept those requirement

Though I propose adding "reset x6 into Rinnegan" making a total of 14 Resets makes it reduce the number of Rinnegans out there. But I am for the first proposal as well.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2012, 10:44:48 PM »

Though I propose adding "reset x6 into Rinnegan" making a total of 14 Resets makes it reduce the number of Rinnegans out there. But I am for the first proposal as well.

As am I.

on the other note, take this offensive or not.
the 4 resets in senju is just plain stupid.

That is saying that if you only have one reset you don't posses Senju blood? No.
In my own perspective the minimal is 11 resets
Divided into
-4 in Uchiha
-6 in Rinnegan
-1 in Mokuton

I'm not looking to start an off branch 'argument' though that is how I view it.

Sure now we can add along
-4 in Uchiha/Hyuuga (some RP history has to be amended for the Rinnegan to even come up to the equation)
-6 in Rinnegan
-1 in Mokuton/Hyouton (4 Resets in Mokuton and Mokuton only should be restricted to the ability to control and summon the Mazo and that is all)
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 11:01:28 PM by Takeo »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.