Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: Yumei's Rinnegan Rules  (Read 16721 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Yumei's Rinnegan Rules
« Reply #45 on: October 23, 2012, 04:14:43 PM »

It's becoming more widely accepted that 4x Doujutsu resets are required. I would also like to suggest that we go along with 4x Elemental KG resets would be required as well for awakening the Rinnegan. Like we discussed before, it's supposedly a very rare doujtsu, and a powerful one too.

But that thing about the EMS being needed anymore or not does bring up a few issues. Should it be required for Uchihas or not? I personally think it should.

And in regards to pirating, here are a few guidelines I thought of when it comes to that.
1. The user's body must have great vitality in order to use it without collapsing very quickly. Ex. Uzumaki, Senju and Yuki traits. (We can count Yuki as being derived from the Senju bloodline.)
2. The Rinnegan cannot regress into it's original eye or use the techniques which they granted. In simple terms, only Rinnegan abilities can be used from the eyes. (We didn't really see Nagato using Susanoo at all, so that should be enough to back it up.)
3. Two Rinnegan eyes would be required in order to use it in all it's glory and power. A single Rinnegan eye will only grant the user the full abilities of the Outer Path, and a heavily-draining use of the other paths. (Obito didn't really use the other paths, since it was stated that they would be heavily taxing on his chakra.)

These guidelines should also be implemented for NPC-pirating.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 23, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »

We certainly don't know the full mechanics thus far of what the Sharingan/Senju affect on the Rinnegan. For instance, we do not know if the Senju's abilities are needed because they revitalize the eye and allows the person to always keep it activated (as far as we know it cannot be deactivated manually). That said, Hyuuga/Hyouton users get a buff by being able to replicate the effects AND use their own abilities still.

*Of course this is just me playing the Devil's Advocate to stress any certain situations that could arise.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 04:34:44 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 23, 2012, 06:34:39 PM »

In my opinion, Rinnegan shouldn't even be added to the Kekkei Genkai system in the first place. The only reason it got added was because people constantly begged Oliver (Neji) on adding it to the Kekkei Genkai system here in the Forums. I guess he had enough about hearing people's constant begging and added the Rinnegan to the Kekkei Genkai system, it was a horrible mistake on adding it to the system as now everyone are seeking even more and more power than wisdom. It takes away all of your character's natural strength and only adds more firepower. It's like spamming the Kamehameha wave every two episodes of Dragon Ball Z instead of using their fists or experience of being an veteran in the battlefield. It's also like adding more nuclear weapons to the military forces; It's enough to bankrupt an entire country.

It shouldn't have been added to the Kekkei Genkai system neither because we hadn't gotten any further details about the Rinnegan and it's secrets. It was just Madara's mere theory that you can not gain the Rinnegan unless you have the DNA of the Uchiha and Senju, it was not an official clarification. We have to wait until tomorrow or next week or some time to let Kishimoto fully explain the Rinnegan.

In other words, I disagree with everyone's, including Yuumei's statement of how to officially awaken the Rinnegan. I hold myself commit to my words and I will so as and on forward until we got a more detailed explaination to this issue.

Until then (In my opinion), every Rinnegan users Rinnegan abilities and eye in general, are locked. And if not, then as I said before, they are mere pirated copies.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 06:52:39 PM by Seiya Hatake »

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2012, 08:59:57 PM »

As we can't do anything about what's already been put into the game regardless of how some feel about it let's get back to the topic at hand.

I actually like Luka's idea a great deal. It will allow people to work for something so powerful. In my opinion, with all the buffs and abilities that the rinnegan allows for a person to gain full access to all that power via RP i would think they'd need no less than max reborns.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:00:21 PM by Zenaku »
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 23, 2012, 09:03:35 PM »

In my opinion, Rinnegan shouldn't even be added to the Kekkei Genkai system in the first place. The only reason it got added was because people constantly begged Oliver (Neji) on adding it to the Kekkei Genkai system here in the Forums. I guess he had enough about hearing people's constant begging and added the Rinnegan to the Kekkei Genkai system, it was a horrible mistake on adding it to the system as now everyone are seeking even more and more power than wisdom. It takes away all of your character's natural strength and only adds more firepower. It's like spamming the Kamehameha wave every two episodes of Dragon Ball Z instead of using their fists or experience of being an veteran in the battlefield. It's also like adding more nuclear weapons to the military forces; It's enough to bankrupt an entire country.

It shouldn't have been added to the Kekkei Genkai system neither because we hadn't gotten any further details about the Rinnegan and it's secrets. It was just Madara's mere theory that you can not gain the Rinnegan unless you have the DNA of the Uchiha and Senju, it was not an official clarification. We have to wait until tomorrow or next week or some time to let Kishimoto fully explain the Rinnegan.

In other words, I disagree with everyone's, including Yuumei's statement of how to officially awaken the Rinnegan. I hold myself commit to my words and I will so as and on forward until we got a more detailed explaination to this issue.

Until then (In my opinion), every Rinnegan users Rinnegan abilities and eye in general, are locked. And if not, then as I said before, they are mere pirated copies.

Just because you don't think the Rinnegan should be allowed changes nothing. It was implanted into the SL system and thus is usable on SL. It is not fair in the least way to punish people who have worked to achieve something, because you think it is not what should be done. The Rinnegan should be allowed at SL in this terms in my thoughts: -To those who have reset in Rinnegan (inclucdein: Rinnegan by itself, Rinnegan + Byakugan, Ice, 8-Gates, Bone) as a pirated eye they achieved from a NPC, -By those who maxed the x4 Uchiha resets, 1x Mokuton, 1xRinnegan, and whom have obtained the EMS plus came close to death (Note it never said grow old just close to death) as the Rinnegan being developed from the EMS - And by those who steal a Rinnegan that was developed from the EMS rp wise and have it/them implanted.

I am aware more info may come from teh Manga about the Rinnegan, then again it may not (you never know, jsut saying), but for now this is in my opinion what we have to go off of and is a good system I think. I mean for any Sharigan user that doesn't bust their rump to gain EMS and almost die rp wise they would have to use a Pirated Rinnegan and loss one Sharigan eye (Obito) thus lossing Sussano'o and as Madara said two Sharigan>One Sharingan. Also you would need a legit EMS, meaning you 'killed' someone with MS and voided your old eyes.

Edit: Sorry Zen I was typign when you posted.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2012, 09:04:31 PM by UettoSenju »

DragonLordEx

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2012, 11:55:01 PM »

Well, many have different opinions, but as it has been said by many, SL is not the Naruto manga/anime.

THAT however doesn't mean that we can go around doing whatever we want. It does not increase the number of our choices, but rather decreases it, because this is Kishimoto's world nonetheless.

Naruto is an ongoing manga that hasn't been finished, and we learn new things each and every day. So, obviously, we can't claim everything we see the moment we see it, because something may come up and completely change what we thought was 'official' just a bit before.

And, in the end, there are some things that simply can't work here, and therefore must be abandoned. That is a fact, and anyone may take it as they may.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 12:10:07 AM by DragonLordEx »

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 24, 2012, 12:53:42 AM »

If you gentlemen and ladies may, allow me to be the temporary mediator of this thread since I might be able to help keep this debate in a linear fashion.  I already see two different debates about to happen at once >>;.  I would like to make sure everyone is on the same page regarding all of these agreements/disagreements.

So far since the beginning of the thread there has been clear concern over many topics, though none as much as the concern about rinnegan baring hyuugans/hyouton users.  The current consensus at this point seems to be:

• Byakugan resets as well as hyouton resets shall be considered equivalent to sharingan resets and mokuton resets to achieve the rinnegan.
    (Uchiha or Hyuuga + Hyouton or Mokuton = Rinnegan)

This is to prevent people who have already chosen their resets from being banned from obtaining full fledged 6-paths.  For the full post regarding the reasoning behind this, refer to [here].  Of course, the exact number of resets in each KG is still up for debate as well as issues about the EMS, but we'll cover that next.

*For people who read this thread please state whether or not you agree with the ruling bolded above by simply stating "I Agree" or "I Disagree".  If you chose to disagree with possible ruling above, please state why you disagree with it, and suggest some sort of compromise.*

Once a consensus is made regarding this specific matter, we'll move onto the next rather pressing topic.

Topic for debate:
UP NEXT ----> 1. How many resets total should be needed to claim Rinnegan?
2. What about pirated Rinnegan?  What's the reset requirement for that?
3. Where does the EMS fall into all of this?  Should it be a requirement as well?

1. Six reborns total for the minimum. Four in Uchiha, at least one in Rinnegan, and at least one -- unless people are allowed to claim Senju DNA like they always have -- Mokuton reborn.

2. I personally think that pirating/stealing any eyes should be voided, but that majority of SL doesn't share my opinion. So, pirated/stolen Rinnegan depend on the account that it was stolen from. If the account has met the above requirements then the Rinnegan may be stolen and used.

3. Yes. However, as I stated above, not if it's stolen. The person who steals the Rinnegan does not need to have any reborns whatsoever. But, they, like Nagato and Obito, will not be able to revert it back to its EMS or three tomoe form.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 24, 2012, 02:25:24 AM »

So as I am now could I use a pirated Rinnegan like I was before?

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 24, 2012, 03:40:49 AM »

As we can't do anything about what's already been put into the game regardless of how some feel about it let's get back to the topic at hand.

I actually like Luka's idea a great deal. It will allow people to work for something so powerful. In my opinion, with all the buffs and abilities that the rinnegan allows for a person to gain full access to all that power via RP i would think they'd need no less than max reborns.
That's something I could vote in for.

You would probably need a/four elemental KG resets, and both eye sockets filled with Rinnegan eyes.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 24, 2012, 03:45:27 AM »

Neither of those things make sense though. >>

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 24, 2012, 05:06:47 AM »

I'd say no. It's not just the person you get something from but the person stealing that needs to be taken into account. A person using a pirated KG should have a set of minimum requirements to be able to use it in RP.

This keeps people from stealing high level KG from either alts or friends who don't RP, etc. It's also a canon concept. Orochimaru knew Sage Mode. I'm sure most would agree that Orochimaru was a powerful ninja, but he said that he couldn't use Sage Mode in battle because his current body simply couldn't handle the strain.  In simple terms, he was in possession of a power that he wasn't able to use because of physical stamina. Danzo makes another good example of having power you can't efficiently use. Perhaps this should be another topic, but it couldn't hurt to have a system in place for what types of KG can be pirated and what the requirements for it are.

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 24, 2012, 05:51:00 AM »

Luka's idea works adding up the reborn count a minimum of 14 will be needed that is close to the 16 reborn limit currently. And how many people are at 14 reborns?

Also let's not penalize someone who legitimately RP a EMS and think of a bonus they can have over others.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 07:07:49 AM by Ratatosk »

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2012, 10:25:07 PM »

No If I having 5 resets into rinnegan am being denied the fact that I claimed my character to have pirated eyes prior to the manga release have to reset into the damned uchiha just to make every person on sl happy I will 100% oppose a pirated Rinnegan eye without back up. Whoever the hell he was that person with a Z did not reset into senju so that Rinnegan is not usable at all.

Though since the pirated eye is coming up I would like for there to be an official list of who actually has rp Rinnegan because no offense to Razvan but I skimmed over the Konoha rp and he is able to use his Rinnegan I'm calling BS on that.

As for official rinnegan users (voiding the whole aging process Madara had to experience >__>):
Tsuyo
Kirk
Gaiaku
I'll give it to Luka
and Xia's Akihiro account.

So far those are the only accounts I see as having actual Rinnegan regardless of you people wanting it to be completely voided out.

Razvan

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2012, 12:08:13 AM »

I am just using it for that fight since we didn't really get at any understanding on how someone should awaken the Rinnegan  (atm i am just going for what the manga said,EMS + Senju DNA) and after that fight i will continue leveling and hopefully something that everyone accepts will be set up.

Tho if we continue the way it is,the Rinnegan will only be usable by people with a high number of resets,which could solve the problem of over-usage(tho i kinda disagree that Rinnegan is overused) and we will either have more Sage Mode users or people who don't want to level anymore and are stuck with an unusable Rinnegan reset.

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 04:06:39 AM »

You know at the end of this discussion I'm probably just going to keep my claim over having a "pirated" Rinnegan; simply because I have the resets and in my bio it states that I stole it from someone claiming to be a descendant of Rikudou Sennin. I'm somewhat content with the fact that I'm going to lose all my paths that I'm working oh so hard for, but if I get to keep basic ability that will suffice.

As a side note, I'm going to state that I doubt we as a collective body will be able to come up with rules for Rinnegan that everyone will be okay with simply because it was implemented in SL far before we knew you needed Sharingan and Senju DNA. It would be unfair to take away player's Rinnegans simply because they chose the "wrong" Doujutsu almost what 3 or 4 years ago? Likewise, through underhanded methods I'm sure atleast 40% of the "old" Rinnegan users will get it back eventually.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 20 queries.