Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Private Messages Suggestion  (Read 2380 times)

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
Private Messages Suggestion
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:30:55 PM »

I've only been here for less then a year so I have no clue if this has ever been brought up but it came to my mind when pming someone.
Would it be possible to add features to the pms like per say right now when posting though minor features as in we need to use ` and something for such.

What I'm getting at is perhaps we can incorporate actual videos and pictures through pms without the bother of going to the other site. As youtube has its own embedded code though which could work with such.
The code could be `vid? or if only one letter is allowed after the ` any non used characters could be used.

As for pictures I'm guessing it would be quite simple as links for pictures can display the direct picture.
If more then one character is allowed then `img or `pic if not any non used characters will suit it.

If the other two are not available I have a last idea for suck as the simplicity of adding a hyperlink to accommodate both. And since H or h isn't used for anything the code could be `h or `H and following right after it would be the link. I think this could work very well as the video and pictures I can see having some struggle with coding or errors might pop up but I really like the hyperlink idea.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 10:31:20 PM by Takeo »

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
Re: Private Messages Suggestion
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:21:02 AM »

I hate to sound mean, but, is it really that hard to copy & paste?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 01:45:19 AM »

Personally I think that copy & paste is no big hassle, but one thing I think would be awesome to have in pms is the option to talk to more then one person at at time in in a conversation. I have no idea how hard that would be to implant or if it even possible but I think it would be pretty cool to be able to talk to more then one person in a pm sort of like a c-box you can invite others to join into or something.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 03:06:53 AM »

Personally I think that copy & paste is no big hassle, but one thing I think would be awesome to have in pms is the option to talk to more then one person at at time in in a conversation. I have no idea how hard that would be to implant or if it even possible but I think it would be pretty cool to be able to talk to more then one person in a pm sort of like a c-box you can invite others to join into or something.

+1

Additionally, embedded videos and such, while it sounds cool, Neji might not implement it for the external sites reasoning, though if that applies to PMs or not is questionable. I've been guilty of course of sending external links in PMs, but would find it cool if such an imbedding exist.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 03:15:21 AM »

If this happens, I swear that I'll be sending people Dongcopter Pirate vids. >>

But anyways, you guys should just do what I do: Highlight the urls, right click, and click on "go to url". It opens another tab right up to the page specified.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2012, 03:01:07 PM »

I hate to sound mean, but, is it really that hard to copy & paste?

Ney its not the matter if it was 'hard' just a hyperlink feature would work pretty well. Though I already had the thoughts Eric brought up with the ruling of no advertisement of another RP site so I wouldn't exactly know the regulations of such but something new would be cool be it the hyperlinks or what Kirk suggested as a chat box.

I just think it would be nice to just have everything incorporated into the PM box, though that is just my thought.

Styx

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 10:55:43 PM »

I think the chat box would be a nice feather to add instead of everyone having to go to the same location for a group chat which is kind of a drag, especially if you're in a different towns.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »

Well, SL is not per se a "communication centre" ... so PMs should be really either RP or normal talk... putting in meta-content is not that sensible IMHO.
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 15 queries.