Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Overzealous mods FTW  (Read 2529 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Overzealous mods FTW
« on: November 29, 2012, 06:25:34 AM »

Got muted for saying I didn't know how to pronounce someones name, and then other people made fun of him. Calm down SL mods. I like how the follow up post to me saying I didn't known how to pronounce his name was "Bocchiere also wasn't mocking Sakasge's name, he really just didn't know how to pronounce it. >>" If you wanna mute me for stuff other people do go right ahead, just don't count it against me next time I kill a mod in rp.

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
Re: Overzealous mods FTW
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 02:11:24 PM »

Somehow, I believe there is more to the story...also, considering your history with mods in general, you aren't exactly favored for a lot of things you do/say publically.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2012, 08:08:23 PM »

Go look in the mission hq, there's the story. And no douh, I know this, if people are gonna keep a closer eye on me to see when I can be banned then fine, but doing it because of things other people said is a little much, even for the mods here.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 06:28:40 AM »

Somehow, I believe there is more to the story...also, considering your history with mods in general, you aren't exactly favored for a lot of things you do/say publically.

Actually there is...I'm going to lock this up until then.

EDIT: Sorry for the hold-up and here's what I have to say about this before anyone gets ahead of themselves.

No one was being overzealous as you say, the matter was that an urgent request was answered presumably by Tracey and was handled accordingly.
The other players in involved were also warned, I believe from what I saw in the Mission HQ.
A word of advice, tripping the filter also counts as breaking this little rule that gets overlooked.  [Read Line 2] ;)

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 09:52:03 PM by Camel »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2012, 11:47:17 PM »

This is what I am asking, what bad behavior? I don't see me tripping the filter anywhere in the mission hq. Obviously we cannot go back in time and unmute me regardless but I don't want this to count as a "strike" as it were. I mentioned I did not know how to pronounce a man's name, OTHER people took it upon themselves to make fun of him, in, honestly, the most light hearted possible way. I believe he was called a swedish meatball. I also mentioned him noting that Americans are apparently less linguistically able. Then I said I was not mocking his name. Can you just tell me what it was that was deserving of a mute?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 12:27:45 AM »

This is what I am asking, what bad behavior? I don't see me tripping the filter anywhere in the mission hq. Obviously we cannot go back in time and unmute me regardless but I don't want this to count as a "strike" as it were. I mentioned I did not know how to pronounce a man's name, OTHER people took it upon themselves to make fun of him, in, honestly, the most light hearted possible way. I believe he was called a swedish meatball. I also mentioned him noting that Americans are apparently less linguistically able. Then I said I was not mocking his name. Can you just tell me what it was that was deserving of a mute?

In all honestly since I wasn't there during the incident I can't say if the punishment was indeed called-for but I will say that the other player that was actually offended by this was a Staff Member.
So actions were taken by Tracey in the most logically way possible which was a mute...
Also you do have a tendency to get on the wrong side with Staff which could actually made matters worse. :\

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 01:21:31 AM »

I don't know what I possibly could have said, if you could ask whoever it is to explain it to me that would be appreciated.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 10:20:30 AM »

I gotta say two things.

1] I am tired of you intimating that your disciplinary actions stem from mods who are against you due to some RP vendetta.

2] since when is it acceptable behavior, respecting staff and such, to start a thread about a mute?

I feel this topic shows a lack of respect for mods and site rules in general on both counts. This is a private matter and should have been kept as such rather than taken for an opportunity to harp and rail and make accusations against people who are WAY TOO tolerant to begin with. You ought to be glad you haven't been kicked off site a long long time ago and be minding your P's and Q's as you have been repeatedly reprimanded to do.

Since you have made this public, however...

there you go!

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 07:09:38 PM »

I ain't even mad.

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 09:48:56 PM »

Should you be? :P

Uchiha Sasuke

• Site Staff (Moderator)
  • "Let this thunder, herald your end."'
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 09:53:43 PM »

Should you be? :P

Trying to defend something in the spam thread of all places.
You guys are silly :)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 11:37:10 PM »

I assumed if I posted it anywhere else it would be removed for being out of place. It was a question, and Kay, I have to make it public, because if I inquire to a mod about anything they won't respond to the message. Not that I now or ever will care about your opinion.

http://www.quickmeme.com/meme/3s4ssi/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 12:13:54 AM by bocchiere »

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2012, 12:23:42 AM »

I assumed if I posted it anywhere else it would be removed for being out of place. It was a question, and Kay, I have to make it public, because if I inquire to a mod about anything they won't respond to the message. Not that I now or ever will care about your opinion.

That. Besides the fact of deleting his thread rather than moving: He's got a point (spilled my milk from the meme -- not gonna cry about the milk, though). Considering Bocc's rep, you really think a mod - when he was banned by something even he can't have explained - would tell him why he was?

/CheckBox + /DeleteSelected.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2012, 12:30:21 AM »

That. Besides the fact of deleting his thread rather than moving: He's got a point (spilled my milk from the meme -- not gonna cry about the milk, though). Considering Bocc's rep, you really think a mod - when he was banned by something even he can't have explained - would tell him why he was?

/CheckBox + /DeleteSelected.

Man, you're my favorite Raifudo.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »

Editing some stuffs since Bocchie-kins quoted me:

Banned -> *Muted
Making the point that he has a point except for the fact that they'd move his thread rather than delete it(!).

I was making myself a sammich since I don't have an intimate partner for that -- well, one besides my right hand -- while I typed that.

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 20 queries.