Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: Challenging for canon items  (Read 37520 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Challenging for canon items
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2012, 01:58:43 AM »

Also, what happens if you challenge someone to sign a contract and they refuse? I suggest your name just be automatically added to it. Also, can I challenge for the right to summon if not own the Gedo Mazo? >>

Is the contract necessarily a canon item? Is it for a canon summon?

I took it to mean anyone could challenge to sign any contract.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2012, 02:06:38 AM »

I assume you can die in these challenges, like bijuu fights, right?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2012, 02:09:12 AM »

Also, what happens if you challenge someone to sign a contract and they refuse? I suggest your name just be automatically added to it. Also, can I challenge for the right to summon if not own the Gedo Mazo? >>

Is the contract necessarily a canon item? Is it for a canon summon?

I took it to mean anyone could challenge to sign any contract.

Wasn't the prospect of contract-signing-privileges challenges turned down?

I assume you can die in these challenges, like bijuu fights, right?

As for canon item challenges themselves, I'd say yes.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2012, 02:13:37 AM »

Also, since this is a thing that happened to me, if someone has a challenger for an item, they can't just give the item away to not have to fight the person, they can give the item TO the person challenging them, but they can't just chuck it off a cliff.

Lightning

• "My arrows shall pierce the heavens themselves!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2012, 02:19:52 AM »

Alright, even though it seems likely no one cares because I'm sayin' it:

I personally feel that custom items should be worth challenging someone for a la the Bjuu, it's exactly as everyone's been saying. The people tend to go inactive or just hide it away like cowards.

However, custom items, just shouldn't be touched. I just don't think it's fair to take an item someone may have spent hours working on and/or fitting into the Naruto-verse, plus, we'll have that one OP character that preys on people with custom items, and grow insanely powerful.

JUTSU/ETC

Both canon and custom should not be challengeable. I had someone once beg me and then get very upset because I refused to teach him Mind's Eye of the Kagura IC.

Besides, this means that more powerful players can wail on the weaker and inexperienced ones, or the old an inactive ones to learn more powerful techniques if they can. It takes the originality out of SL. We don't need 50 people running around spamming Hiraishin or using the most powerful summon etc. etc.

Final Verdict:

It should only work that way for Bjuu and Canon Items, I can understand that it's great you guys can challenge one another. But it's the same thing as having a zone record of say, 50-2-0 and those 50 wins being against Acads.

The weak will prey on the strong and that's not fair. Bocchiere, the most OP character will end up with everything. That's not fair.

Besides, isn't this what claims were meant to be made for?
"The mind shall vanquish the sword!"

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2012, 02:23:39 AM »

Canon Items - Sure.

Fanon Content & (Canon) Jutsu's - Not a chance.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 02:24:10 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2012, 02:25:07 AM »

Canon Items - Sure.

Fanon Content & (Canon) Jutsu's - Not a chance.

That never was going to be a thing, though I like the logic of the strongest person winning and that not being fair.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2012, 03:52:24 AM »

1. Challenge for canon items such as swords or tools?  Yes, I believe those should pose the risk of being "taken" by the victor of a challenge.  We can already challenge people for Bijuu and actual body parts (eyes, heart, etc), so what makes inanimate objects any different?

2. Challenge for jutsu?  No, that doesn't make sense since you don't magically learn jutsu from a dead sensei.  Of course, you always have the option of beating someone bloody and forcing them somehow to teach the intended jutsu to you out of fear.

3. Challenge for the Mazo?  This argument can go either way since there's evidence for both sides.  I personally say no to this though, since the Mazo is classified as a personal summon.  Even if the agressor manages to steal a contract scroll from the former owner, it doesn't mean that the summoning species will agree to serve.  A pact between a summoner and the summoned is created from a mutual agreement.  This is why Naruto had to prove himself to the Toads and request to be taken under their wing.  He couldn't start out with their full obedience.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2012, 03:56:21 AM »

1. Challenge for canon items such as swords or tools?  Yes, I believe those should pose the risk of being "taken" by the victor of a challenge.  We can already challenge people for Bijuu and actual body parts (eyes, heart, etc), so what makes inanimate objects any different?

2. Challenge for jutsu?  No, that doesn't make sense since you don't magically learn jutsu from a dead sensei.  Of course, you always have the option of beating someone bloody and forcing them somehow to teach the intended jutsu to you out of fear.

3. Challenge for the Mazo?  This argument can go either way since there's evidence for both sides.  I personally say no to this though, since the Mazo is classified as a personal summon.  Even if the agressor manages to steal a contract scroll from the former owner, it doesn't mean that the summoning species will agree to serve.  A pact between a summoner and the summoned is created from a mutual agreement.  This is why Naruto had to prove himself to the Toads and request to be taken under their wing.  He couldn't start out with their full obedience.

As I said, summoning, can I challenge for the right to summon the Mazo, like we said we are gonna do with other contracts.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2012, 04:02:48 AM »

As I said, summoning, can I challenge for the right to summon the Mazo, like we said we are gonna do with other contracts.

I wouldn't say challenge per se, since that user needs to have you signing some sort of a contract then pass on the knowledge he/she knows about the Gedo Mazo onto you.
You have to engage them in RP then earn it respectively or somehow gain access to the Rinnegan and vice versa.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2012, 04:09:06 AM »

When and where was that decided upon?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2012, 04:49:18 AM »

Earlier in the topic >_>

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2012, 05:04:57 AM »

Earlier in the topic >_>

Are you perhaps referring to this(?):

Edit:
Additionally:
If you're saying I can't deny a sword challenge(which you have no say over anyway) then you can't deny anyone a challenge for jutsu. What's the difference after all? Might as well throw in that everyone can challenge for Kage positions and Summon contract holders, and even ruler of the free world.

If you want a SSM sword, join SSM and maybe I'll give you one. The End.

Because none of those things are canon items. >>;

Argument being that because they (contracts) aren't canon items, they cannot be challenged for.

Just saving face here.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 06:28:18 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2012, 06:28:17 AM »

Just a reminder, that the summoning contract/signing challenge thing is only for canon summons. We also have to remember that in a situation in which the contract holder is killed, then the challenger wins nothing. Just like how biju matches are dealt with if the jinchuriki is killed.

And let's not forget that people are limited to summoning a single certain type of animal/species summon by default. Special personalized things/tools like the Mazo, Animal Path summons, Rashomon, and the Nidaime Mizukage's giant clam are different.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2012, 12:15:10 PM »

It's literally a page ago Yumei >> and why would the Clam be different? It's an animal. This is getting silly. People have already told me in the Edo Tensei topic that we are making rules that don't have to make sense in Naruto. In that case I really don't think the strongest thing you could possibly summon should be exempt from a challenge.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 17 queries.