Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Author Topic: Challenging for canon items  (Read 37660 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Challenging for canon items
« Reply #165 on: December 25, 2012, 10:22:41 PM »

Bump. Also wanted to bring up my opinion on certain canon items.

The Treasured Tools of the Sage of Six Paths were a set of tools that were gathered and kept by Kumogakure in the series, due to their uniqueness. And the swords of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist also have unique properties and are kept/guarded/wielded by the small group of Kirigakure. Now stay with me on this, but what if possession of an item is not within the wielder's, but rather, were granted by the village itself to be used by certain users whom knew how to wield them efficiently? (Short summary: Item is a possesion of the village, only certain nin are allowed to use them.)

Would one have to battle the Kage of the village or have a small skirmish with the village itself?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: December 25, 2012, 11:40:50 PM »

Would one have to battle the Kage of the village or have a small skirmish with the village itself?

Whoever directly holds it. In the case of a village-owned item, the village itself would need to be battled into submission; alternatively locate the item and swipe it.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: December 26, 2012, 02:50:23 PM »

Whoever directly holds it. In the case of a village-owned item, the village itself would need to be battled into submission; alternatively locate the item and swipe it.

Nah i think the individual holding it would do. Think about it, if someone has a SSM sword for example. If someone killed the swordsman and took the sword while they were away from the village then the sword would be just gone
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: December 26, 2012, 05:15:43 PM »

Nah i think the individual holding it would do. Think about it, if someone has a SSM sword for example. If someone killed the swordsman and took the sword while they were away from the village then the sword would be just gone

This. However, in case of inactivity it goes back to the village just like a Bijuu would.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: December 26, 2012, 06:11:47 PM »

If I get your meaning, what you're intended to mean as 'village-owned' would be things such as a bijuu awaiting to be sealed into a new host, or a 'scroll of secrets' for the village's defenses or something to that sort. Something that is stashed within the village and pertaining to it, in which  case, the attacker might as well do a RP fight against the village itself to obtain.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: December 26, 2012, 08:20:31 PM »

If I get your meaning, what you're intended to mean as 'village-owned' would be things such as a bijuu awaiting to be sealed into a new host, or a 'scroll of secrets' for the village's defenses or something to that sort. Something that is stashed within the village and pertaining to it, in which  case, the attacker might as well do a RP fight against the village itself to obtain.

Exactly

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: December 28, 2012, 02:31:09 AM »

Exactly

That's fine with me. I mean, right now, it's fight the kage for the bijuu if no host was chosen -- I'd rather that not be changed. The scroll to the village defenses or whatever I'll gladly accept.

1) Bocchiere goes around posting the link to this place in random places. So, their choice to look or not. Not like this place is hidden somewrhere in the far corners of the undernet.

2) Well, not like we can properly define "god-modding" anymore, y'know?

3) Again, "clean" is a subjective notion. Like you, people prefer a type of RP. One more straightforward because it's guided in some sort. Like I've said plenty times before: you can RP as you wish. People can RP as they wish. In whatever form they want. However, the moment someone's personal RP is winding with something that's canon-based/claimed, then they step into different territory.

In a sense, you can search whatever fetish you have here in California; the moment you go to North Korea, you're not even allowed to check an e-mail outside of the one given to you. Kind of the same thing; a boundary. You keep saying "leave people alone" and that "people don't like all these rules." Well, some people do. Some people want these rules. If you want no part in them, okay. Skedaddle (as you have so many times already). You don't want to abide by the rules we're setting for OURSELVES (the people who want them), then don't. We're not forcing you to.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:39:42 AM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #172 on: December 28, 2012, 04:16:03 AM »

But Raifudo rules some how create anarchy! D: Though it kinda does defeat the point of the rules if people who don't want to follow them can choose not to. Very few people are gonna want to field challenges for their items so it kinda makes it pointless. People will just continue to hoard their stuff.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:17:53 AM by bocchiere »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: December 28, 2012, 05:29:33 AM »

So I guess we're going to have some competition here... Warfare is taking on a new sort. 

"You don't wanna abide? I'll claim your item. Da faq I can't do that. Don't like it? Go screw yourself. Well that's just fine, I didn't wanna RP with the likes of you anyways..."

On the flip side:

"I don't like these rules, I have a right to RP as I please. Who put you in charge? You can't claim my item, I claimed it first! You know what, I don't need the headache; I can make my own village, my own clan, and gather my own people to RP with. Easier to live with my laxness than your regulations, bastard..."

So yeah... Let's go ahead and draw these lines so we can start ignoring each other more effectively.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: December 28, 2012, 06:06:09 AM »

But Raifudo rules some how create anarchy! D: Though it kinda does defeat the point of the rules if people who don't want to follow them can choose not to. Very few people are gonna want to field challenges for their items so it kinda makes it pointless. People will just continue to hoard their stuff.

So I guess we're going to have some competition here... Warfare is taking on a new sort. 

"You don't wanna abide? I'll claim your item. Da faq I can't do that. Don't like it? Go screw yourself. Well that's just fine, I didn't wanna RP with the likes of you anyways..."

On the flip side:

"I don't like these rules, I have a right to RP as I please. Who put you in charge? You can't claim my item, I claimed it first! You know what, I don't need the headache; I can make my own village, my own clan, and gather my own people to RP with. Easier to live with my laxness than your regulations, bastard..."

So yeah... Let's go ahead and draw these lines so we can start ignoring each other more effectively.

Well, I mean, let's be frank here: If you have no desire to take part in an RP that's more guide-lined, etc., you should not bother yourself with keeping up with them or even trying to fight the claims they make. It doesn't concern you.

It's like trying to fight the banning of marijuana in a state you don't live in. It doesn't matter. Doesn't affect you. It exists, but it's not - in any way - influenced your life style choices.

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: December 28, 2012, 09:04:56 AM »

I'm still on these forums, Bocchiere. Please don't say things that mock me for what I said before, or use said things to ridicule others that agreed with me. We had a deal.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:03:39 PM by Reimu Hakurei »

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: December 28, 2012, 02:08:48 PM »

Too many rules.
I suggest you guys get off the forum and go RP on SL and stop trying to regulate everyone's world.

1] rules made without a majority of the SL population being informed of them, having a say and voting them in or out is wrong. I will not abide by the ruling of such a forum.

2] If you are to RP then you should just abide by the general no god modding issues and stop trying to minimize the random nature of RP adventure.

3] I feel it would be better if you worried about keeping your own RP clean and just leave everyone else alone.

This is the best comment in this thread so far.

As I have been RolePlaying since 1999, I would like to ask; Why are people coming up with various of regulations and rules other people have to strictly follow against their own will? People can't just waddle around and tell them what to do or what kind of rule they have to necessarily follow according to you or someone else. I can understand a Forum RolePlay because people can RolePlay with each other privately, but not a game slash RolePlaying site where there's absolutely NO authority of what you have to do in a RP.

If some of you guys aren't aware of this, RolePlay is a hobby not something you have to turn into an organization and ruin it for others just because they can't follow your rules correctly. RolePlay is a hobby and quite often, an escape from reality so you can relax, have fun, make friends with others and clear your mind for the majority of us.

I don't care how strong your character is, canon items or not, God modder or not, but I think you guys are going overboard with this. I mean, come on, don't you see? Over 50 percent of the RolePlayers on Shinobi Legends have stopped RolePlaying because they can't handle the rules and regulations being established everyday or every week. I actually have sympathy for the Acads, Genins and so on forward because they can't even RolePlay in peace.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:20:13 PM by Seiya Namikaze »

Reimu Hakurei

• "Neko Miko Reimu, aishiteru~."
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: December 28, 2012, 04:22:45 PM »

I suppose I could ask something now that bothers me, after reading Kayenta's post.

We are free to roleplay as we wish; we do not have to obey your rules, as you say Raifudo. However you also say if we claim a canon item, then we have no choice but to obey your rules. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

But the way I see that, it tells me 'You are free to roleplay as I wish'.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: December 28, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »

You know, how about we just stick to this: If you want a canon item, seek out the person and fight them. Even if it means to attack a village in the process. That should spark some activity here and there. As for Missing-Nin, well they're pretty much regarded as rogues and criminals if they're unaligned to any village.

What are your thoughts on this?

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: December 28, 2012, 05:37:51 PM »

I suppose I could ask something now that bothers me, after reading Kayenta's post.

We are free to roleplay as we wish; we do not have to obey your rules, as you say Raifudo. However you also say if we claim a canon item, then we have no choice but to obey your rules. If I'm wrong, feel free to correct me.

But the way I see that, it tells me 'You are free to roleplay as I wish'.

Pretty much, yeah. Considering someone of your caliber of imagination is very skilled in using custom things in replacement for their resets (I.E. your sharingan is "Heightened Reflexes" or something of the sort). I don't see why you'd go about trying to claim something like the Gedo or a bijuu.

I mean, the basis - to me - is simple: build an atmosphere both parties can live in by appealing to both parties. The way to do so? Rules and regulations for one party to follow in a more strict and guide-lined (yes, guide-lined is there again and I'll explain why shortly) manner, and another atmosphere where I dare not tread as to not affect what has been established by others before.

Now as far as "guide lined", I keep saying it and with proper reason; it's a principle. A fundamental establishing for a system that can justify one's behavior or reasoning. You have one too, I suppose. Those yours is more on the basis of "Use your wildest imaginations and make them a reality for you. Enjoy everything you can make of your ideas and put them to use." Mine is more of a... "if you want something, fight and earn it."

It's probably my Spanish blood that gives me that infamously stubborn and arrogant attitude that so many people hate as much as others love.

Back to "guideline." A guideline is a statement used to determine a state of action. Kayenta, please forgive me for using you on this one, but I figure using you, you can help me clarify much more since you're here -- Demon Child TanarriNayeli. Now, we've had many people attack and regulate Bocchiere's inability to die for being a Jashin, that much is certain. Even though the show showed that's how the worshiping worked, we still had issues with it. Now, TN (I'm going to abbreviate her name for the sake of imminent carpal tunnel) is on the same boat in some cases.

> Half Demon, half human.
> Vampire
> "She is older than the rock among which she sits"; I'm assuming she's ancient.
> "she has been dead many times, and learned the secrets of the grave"; I'm guessing she can rebirth herself.
> "Demon flame" I don't know what that is, so could you do me the favor of clarifying it, please? That way I can either drop it or use it.

The difference between TN and Bo? Bo loves to claim many things. It's his hobby. He's like the assassin bug (for those of you who love learning like I do: http://us.gizmodo.com/5908188/unbelievable-assassin-bug-wears-its-victims-corpses-as-armor). Once he beats someone, he takes something of them to better himself even more, which is understandable.

My point: Here we have two separate individuals from two separate atmospheres. TN, from a more lenient structure that proposes using your imagination more and also advocating the use of custom things, and Bo, from a more strict area of the site that has set boundaries and rules for the things he has on him.

Now, Kay, you've also said you didn't want to RP with Bo (really, not many people do, so no one blames you at all); but why is that? Is it because of his claim-fest of things? Is it because he's an assassin bug? That after he beats someone for their things, he proudly boasts about his victory? I recall you have many issues with the things he's done, though in his defense (with your principles), he's free to do just that. He's free to go about and make those claims (and even more) because no one should be regulating him or preventing him from RP.

You want historical references? M'kay. I can do that: Segregation. I'm doing it right now to please both parties, you're doing it to protect yourself from his attitude.

I am not fighting Bocc for anything or EVER going to rp with him knowingly.

Segregation!

"The action or state of setting someone or something apart from other people or things or being set apart."

Would you accept him if he toned down all that he claimed? Would you accept him if he stopped fighting people and following your principle of wanting to better himself and get stronger? If we REGULATE him and GUIDE him into a more appealing individual?

Though, this catches my eye:

~No auto hitting
~No attacks on an entry post
~No auto exiting
~No endless supply of actions during your turn
~No Character controlling
~No metagaming

Nowhere there does it say "no endless amounts of claims", "no claiming immortality", "no claiming something else someone else has without permission", or anything of the sort. So, in all fairness, Bo is in the right. And on the basis of your own mentality, you have no reason not to RP with him besides his attitude (which stems from the things he has and how much we're trying to regulate them).

Now, as far as being the "elite group" you say we are, how are we so? You keep saying it, but I don't understand (sorry!) what makes us that. Because we make regulations for an RP we prefer? I mean, I don't even RP anymore. I haven't in months. That was one day that I did, when I finally acted out my "release", and then something ruined it -- I don't remember what it was. Before that, it was more months that went by. I haven't zoned in ages and people know this of me. So, am I elite because I'm helping people make decisions on an RP that doesn't even influence me? I gain no benefit from doing so. I'm happily content not RP'ing. I lurk around like one of those alley kittens that likes to cause mischief.

(Though, I am much more cuter.)

God, I'm so annoying. I should be a lawyer.

You know, how about we just stick to this: If you want a canon item, seek out the person and fight them. Even if it means to attack a village in the process. That should spark some activity here and there. As for Missing-Nin, well they're pretty much regarded as rogues and criminals if they're unaligned to any village.

What are your thoughts on this?

It's what we do now, sir.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 05:38:39 PM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14

Page created in 0.093 seconds with 21 queries.