Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Slight change to bijuu rules  (Read 7346 times)

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
Slight change to bijuu rules
« on: December 11, 2012, 09:11:52 PM »

Based on events and even the past i want to put it to a vote to make one change to the bijuu rules. This will probably change either the grace period or the chance to challenge rule. However i think jinchuuriki should only be allowed to challenged by the same person a max of 2 times within a three or six month period. There's no reason why someone would have to keep fighting the same person over and over again because they challenged, failed and tries to challenge again right away.

Thoughts?
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

cmage

• View Profile
Re: Slight change to bijuu rules
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 09:17:55 PM »

I agree with this notion; I think it's safe to say that there are people who will pester Jinchuuriki into fighting them over and over. I'm not saying that Jinchuuriki should have the right to refuse a challenge, but that they should only have to fight specific person two or three times in any given period. Between Zenaku's proposal of three or six months, I'm leaning towards the six month period simply because twice in three months is one challenge per person every 6 weeks if evenly spaced out, but if you add two more challengers that's one challenge every other week for your bijuu.
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 09:40:34 PM »

I haven't been in a bijuu fight in a very long time; someone refresh me how often people actually decide to fight against a host?

I don't mind the change of challenge; only thing is, we'd need a place where we can post proof of the challenger and the name, etc.

Also, that raises up the question of: What if they change personas? Still same person, different account -- or different name, same account.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 10:49:43 PM »

I haven't been in a bijuu fight in a very long time; someone refresh me how often people actually decide to fight against a host?

I don't mind the change of challenge; only thing is, we'd need a place where we can post proof of the challenger and the name, etc.

Also, that raises up the question of: What if they change personas? Still same person, different account -- or different name, same account.

That's what i'm getting at. If you have knowledge or reasonable reason to believe that it's the same person on a different account the same rule should apply. I'm just saying. Currently the situation is i believe after another two week grace period they can challenge again. That needs to go
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2012, 01:33:48 AM »

Tired of Luka, Zenny?

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2012, 05:40:38 AM »

I agree also to extend the current '2 weeks' before the same person can challenge...over...and over...and over...you get the point.

We can use the forum to keep track, therefore if someone does an account change just to challenge and are suspected, you have the rest of the community (That actually read the forum) to give their opinion if they also have cause to believe the same.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2012, 08:12:50 AM »

Well, I have a forum of my own that I was going to open up to be a field for bijuu battles back when I had my Kyuubi.

It kept records of fighters, etc.

Chika

• Come on bro, she was at my house last night.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2012, 12:22:46 PM »

Mind providing the link for all those interested?

Should Bijū holders have to also be active in this forum to upkeep a healthy system for it all?

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2012, 09:00:30 PM »

Seems fine with me. However, I also have a question. Should a Jinchuriki be challenged can they simply tell the challenger to come find them in RP? So, if they were in a village, the challenger would have to attack the village? Yumei brought this up and it seems like a good idea since attacks on villages almost always increase activity.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2012, 09:26:47 PM »

Seems fine with me. However, I also have a question. Should a Jinchuriki be challenged can they simply tell the challenger to come find them in RP? So, if they were in a village, the challenger would have to attack the village? Yumei brought this up and it seems like a good idea since attacks on villages almost always increase activity.

Tell this to Suna, please. Though I disagree because then we have the same problem we are making the canon item rule for, a person can Kamui theselves into a pocket dimension and deny all challenges, I disagree with that.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 10:05:57 PM »

Tell this to Suna, please. Though I disagree because then we have the same problem we are making the canon item rule for, a person can Kamui theselves into a pocket dimension and deny all challenges, I disagree with that.

There could always be rules governing how long one may be absent from their resident village. For example, they may be permitted to be absent 3/7 or 4/7 days a week, pocket dimensions generally counting as external locations, to give enough time for 'hunters' to invade their home village. When a village is attacked in this manner, then no jinchuuriki's currently inside of the village may depart it, and are forced to remain until the invasion has been quelled (because the battle could easily span over a week or more depending on participant-activity); of course, their direct participation (they must still post every once in a while in public) isn't mandatory, they don't need to confront the invader(s), however they are restricted from abandoning the village in order to flee them (half-most the time the jinchuuriki's identity is entirely ambiguous). If the targeted jinchuuriki is absent from the village, the village can still be attacked in this fashion (raze it to the ground in the meantime; have (some) mercy/consideration though if they're absent due to external(-SL) problems), and when they return, will be restricted from departing it.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2012, 11:06:13 PM »

There could always be rules governing how long one may be absent from their resident village. For example, they may be permitted to be absent 3/7 or 4/7 days a week, pocket dimensions generally counting as external locations, to give enough time for 'hunters' to invade their home village. When a village is attacked in this manner, then no jinchuuriki's currently inside of the village may depart it, and are forced to remain until the invasion has been quelled (because the battle could easily span over a week or more depending on participant-activity); of course, their direct participation (they must still post every once in a while in public) isn't mandatory, they don't need to confront the invader(s), however they are restricted from abandoning the village in order to flee them (half-most the time the jinchuuriki's identity is entirely ambiguous). If the targeted jinchuuriki is absent from the village, the village can still be attacked in this fashion (raze it to the ground in the meantime; have (some) mercy/consideration though if they're absent due to external(-SL) problems), and when they return, will be restricted from departing it.

I'm confused as to what this would solve. We are trying to guilt trip the jinchuriki into rping by making them watch as their village is destroyed? And what about missing nin like I formerly was? Maybe this would be a big deal for Iwa or Kumo, since me and Zen are THE big force of the village but who would care otherwise? You, for instance. Gaiaku gets the 2 tails, I attack, everyone else and all your alts fights and Gaiaiku never posts. You're not really losing much and there is no chance of actually getting the bijuu.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 11:22:31 PM »

I'm confused as to what this would solve. We are trying to guilt trip the jinchuriki into rping by making them watch as their village is destroyed? And what about missing nin like I formerly was? Maybe this would be a big deal for Iwa or Kumo, since me and Zen are THE big force of the village but who would care otherwise? You, for instance. Gaiaku gets the 2 tails, I attack, everyone else and all your alts fights and Gaiaiku never posts. You're not really losing much and there is no chance of actually getting the bijuu.

That's the point. Just look at what the Akatsuki had to go through in the series when they tried to get the Nine-Tails. It makes more sense then just OOC challenging someone and then making it IC when the battle is over. Not only that, but it, as I said, increases activity.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 11:31:46 PM »

I'm confused as to what this would solve. We are trying to guilt trip the jinchuriki into rping by making them watch as their village is destroyed?

Live the Pain Invasion-experience.

And what about missing nin like I formerly was?

Those without an active affiliation with a village would then need to roam about the continent; such as the zones themselves or village outskirts. A limit on this provided flexibility would need to be both devised and imposed, however.

Gaiaku gets the 2 tails, I attack, everyone else and all your alts fights and Gaiaiku never posts. You're not really losing much and there is no chance of actually getting the bijuu.

What Nathan mentioned. While you're hunting for jinchuuriki, why not simply raze down the village they reside within in the meantime, and smoke them out of the hole they've decided to hibernate within? Believing that it's the standard of all villages for jinchuuriki to be used as mere weapons as the trump attacking/defending force in all invasions, is merely naive.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 11:32:26 PM by Angra Mainyu »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2012, 12:45:58 AM »

Like I said, it's a thing, I could even work, I don't support it though. Though, the idea this is going to increase rp seems faulty. Who besides me is going to attack Konoha or Kumo and actually commit to it, really. Only a handful of people challenge for bijuu now with the current system and that number is only gonna drop if you have to murder all their friends too, in my opinion.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 22 queries.