Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Village Barriers  (Read 13348 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Village Barriers
« Reply #30 on: December 26, 2012, 12:37:29 AM »

As far as I know, the only ones with OP barriers just so happen to visit these forums... Not a coincidence I"m sure.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 26, 2012, 03:36:46 AM »

Generalization: All fanon barriers are removed, yes?
Believe so.

Sounds good to me.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2012, 02:45:50 PM »

Actually no. The barriers being up or down will be dependant on the current reigning kage. Saying "fanon" barriers being removed doesn't change the fact that there are OP canon barriers.
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 26, 2012, 08:19:41 PM »

Actually no. The barriers being up or down will be dependant on the current reigning kage. Saying "fanon" barriers being removed doesn't change the fact that there are OP canon barriers.

Not when they can all be bypassed by a Mangekyo user with Kamui there aren't.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 29, 2012, 08:07:44 PM »

the village defense system is the responsibility of the Kage of that village to put into place and will have to be taken care of on a village to village basis.

again, making rules that other people HAVE to abide by is a bit high handed, guys.

And yes, Suna never put one up. We fight old school style when we fight at all.

so...if Iwa  and Konoha wish to take their barriers down or adjust them to this sensing sort mentioned, then sure. go right on and do it. But don't expect Kiri and Kumo to jump on the band wagon and make that choice for them.

I like the old style defense systems best. Traps and the sort. But that is just me.

Actually Suna's defense is saying that they do not have to acknowledge my attacks if they do not feel like it. Since I am the only person who attacks villages and has the potential to inflict lasting damage this is of course the perfect defense. Obviously this harms my rp, since I am attempting to be a villian, but since I'm me, and not anyone else, this is allowed.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2013, 07:10:57 PM »

the village defense system is the responsibility of the Kage of that village to put into place and will have to be taken care of on a village to village basis.

again, making rules that other people HAVE to abide by is a bit high handed, guys.

so...if Iwa  and Konoha wish to take their barriers down or adjust them to this sensing sort mentioned, then sure. go right on and do it. But don't expect Kiri and Kumo to jump on the band wagon and make that choice for them.

I like the old style defense systems best. Traps and the sort. But that is just me.

I was not trying to govern anyone's rp or to tell anyone what to do all I said is that the barriers are OP on many levels and this topic was made for all the villages to discuss the said topic. If we could all agree to take them down I think that would be wonderful if not then in my opinion it is a shame as they really do hinder rp... villages are meant to be attacked this is a Shinobi World. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want your village to participate in an event like an attack. I am not saying I enjoy watching my village get attacked but the rp during such is quite enjoyable indeed and in the end we are here to rp.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 05:52:58 PM »

I was not trying to govern anyone's rp or to tell anyone what to do all I said is that the barriers are OP on many levels and this topic was made for all the villages to discuss the said topic. If we could all agree to take them down I think that would be wonderful if not then in my opinion it is a shame as they really do hinder rp... villages are meant to be attacked this is a Shinobi World. I just don't understand why you wouldn't want your village to participate in an event like an attack. I am not saying I enjoy watching my village get attacked but the rp during such is quite enjoyable indeed and in the end we are here to rp.

My decision stands. I'll lower the chakra affecting barrier (which i can raise at will anyway) But the detection barrier and one that prevents space time jutsu remains. Kumo law. If people want to attack none of Kumo's barriers or defenses should affect the rp of an attack so i see no reason to do away with them.
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2013, 05:23:53 AM »

Hm... This sounds familiar... Oh yeah.

That's why the OP barriers were put up in the first place! To keep dem pesky peoples away and funnel 'em to Suna, since they were/are too honorable to put up highly effective repellant barriers (jk).

Seriously though, I think Kay wrapped up why the barriers were originally put up. Considering how many villains there are in SL who wanna attack villages, I'd say the misery of Suna was not for nothing. Nice job taking some for the team.  :P

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2013, 11:40:20 PM »

I attacked Suna probably 8-10 times since I've been rping here for several years >> and as you wanted me to do the last time I was going to attack I messaged to schedule it with Raijin, for when you guys would be free to do it, you had some festival you wanted to do so I said fine, it can be later. This is on every village wiki page.

"If you role-play within the village, you are subjected to the posts of others attempting to interact with you. If their post is fair and fit, and you fail to 'protect' yourself, or 'evade' the other player's attempt by your next post, they have the opportunity to legitimately auto-hit you, just like in the zone fights."

That certainly seems to me that if I make a legitimate post interacting with the village than it should have to respond. If you think I am attacking too much then we could make a rule for it, I can only attack once every 2 months or something. This though

"And Bocc...that your RP is inhibited is your own fault. Suna decided not to RP with you because of your repeated actions"

Ok, so you won't let me attack because I kept attacking? All of the order of the black rose stuff was before my time, I have no idea what went on then. If you want to limit the times I can attack that is fine, but you are starting to mess with other people in an effort to spite me. I came to Oto to rp with trev and said so and you voided your rp with him, wasting hours of his time.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2013, 06:26:56 AM »

Kay I am fully aware of the war era of Suna and why the gate rules were established. Hell you should know that I upheld those rules in Konoha probably more then any other Leaf Shinobi ever has. I am the one who single handily defended my village from attack so often in the past when there were no comrades around willing to lend a hand.
I just find the barriers not that appealing and one should always have the right to ignore rp to an extent like many are doing towards Bocc these days.... no offence Bocc that is just a fact buddy.
In the end I guess it doesn't really matter if these barriers stick around or not as there will always be attacks to a degree. I suppose I perhaps dwell in the past to much when I was on every night doing what I swore to do over eight years ago. I just like the idea of defenders defending is all, not barriers that kill or trap in an instant.... simply no sport in it.
Like I said I didn't start this to tell anyone what to do but yet announce my opinion which is what these forums are far from my understanding, aside from the trolling.  In the end I think this should be locked as it seems the topic has reached its peak.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2013, 06:51:12 PM »

That's alright, I understand, the weak villages like Suna and Kiri are getting desperate, that's ok. I can always challenge for bijuu and thats all I really want to get at this point anyway.

cmage

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2013, 08:59:33 AM »

Oooo more insults, that really motivates people to RP with you
Sandaime Mizukage Rakudo
Title: Kage
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Born as Master of the Hyuuga Ichizoku
Born as Lee of the Lotus
Born as the Sage of One Path
Orochimaru Kills: 50
master of the exploding donuts and the cattleprod

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2013, 05:37:50 PM »

Well at this point why bother?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 07, 2013, 02:36:09 AM »

Hey, I offered you a chance to work with me on your little endeavors (Capture all the bijuus,World domination, etc) but that character controlling perk of yours if a little out of hand and the insults usually come with it.
If you just learn to play nice with others then maybe, just maybe...everything would've worked out differently.
It's a wonder that I haven't locked this but I haven't said my input as of yet...

My thought on barriers?
It's entirely up to the Kage if they want to enforce them or not, personally during my reign..I never used any sort of OP barriers to defend the village from invaders except the sensory-types, which I used to monitor those within the village's perimeters.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 07, 2013, 06:19:48 PM »

Hey, I offered you a chance to work with me on your little endeavors (Capture all the bijuus,World domination, etc) but that character controlling perk of yours if a little out of hand and the insults usually come with it.
If you just learn to play nice with others then maybe, just maybe...everything would've worked out differently.
It's a wonder that I haven't locked this but I haven't said my input as of yet...

My thought on barriers?
It's entirely up to the Kage if they want to enforce them or not, personally during my reign..I never used any sort of OP barriers to defend the village from invaders except the sensory-types, which I used to monitor those within the village's perimeters.

Yes you offered to work with me, after the fight where you were black mailing me with a ban because I beat you, after your ridiculous attempt to break the Edo Tensei control that in short seemed to be that a zombie could use a genjutsu release on itself to break the control. Zenaku told me I had the NPC rights to your character after that debacle, but once you wanted it back you started trying to get me to let you rp as your zombie. For some reason I didn't trust you and declined. Shocker.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 17 queries.