Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Author Topic: How PvPs are counted in the Hall of Fame  (Read 1768 times)

atomkai

• View Profile
How PvPs are counted in the Hall of Fame
« on: May 05, 2013, 05:16:36 PM »

Currently, in the Hall of Fame, Player Fights is listed as ALL PvPs initiated by the respective player.

-= Issue =-

My issue with this is that there is no incentive for actually winning. The way it is currently presented, a player could win 5,000 and lose 5,000 but you would still be ranked with 10,000 "player fights".  This does not seem to represent the intention of the "Hall of Fame" very well.

-= Proposed Changes =-

I submit one of the following changes:

-= Additional Column(s) =-

Player Fights would stays as is, but would add the following column(s):

"PvP Wins" (only successful PvPs)
and/or
"PvP Ratio" <- PvP ratio is ( wins / (wins + losses) ), example from above 5,000 / (5,000 + 5,000) = .5 or 50% success rate

-= Replacement =-
Replace the ranking with either or both of the columns above.  If it were to be replaced, I would like to see it something like this:

Warrior Ranking Link: "PvP Success" (if changed at all from "Player Fights"

Listing once above link selected:

Rank ----- Name ----- PvP wins*  ----- PvP Success Percentage ----- Overall Player Fights ----- In PvP Range?

* This would be the field/column on which the descending sort is applied.

-= Reason for this Request =-

Currently, there is little incentive for sitters to choose their battles carefully.  People can attack whoever / whenever and they are rewarded with an increase in the Hall of Fame. Fighting a lot isn't HoF worthy in my opinion. Winning a lot is a much better measure.

« Last Edit: May 07, 2013, 07:56:00 PM by atomkai »

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: How PvPs are counted in the Hall of Fame
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2013, 06:13:36 PM »

I second this notion, though I'm sure the sitters still have a far better PvP record than I do by far...
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2013, 07:56:45 PM »

Another issue:

Currently, the column that lists ALL player fights (successful or otherwise) is labeled as "Player Kills" - which is inaccurate.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2013, 09:32:35 PM »

Hm.

I have a problem with win/loss when there is no reset at all.... we *could* make seasons.

And have something for the guy/gal who comes out top.
Cheapest be it DP + a title.

If it goes on endless, the ratio will be always something influenced by i.e. Halloween Event or whatnot... =(
Never judge a cow by its udder.

atomkai

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2013, 07:26:27 PM »

Possible to have both seasonal AND lifetime?

Lifetime would continue to be counted as currently done, EXCEPT Ninja Hall of Fame would change the "Player Fights" link to PvP Wins - AND then the column labeled "Player Kills" would actually reflect successful "Player Kills", and not ALL PvPs regardless of success (as it currently does).

Seasonal would actually be quite fun, and could be put in the N:HoF like the Crimson Leaf winner.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 19 queries.