Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Standard RP based guideline for SL  (Read 16375 times)

Trev

• View Profile
Re: Standard RP based guideline for SL
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2013, 12:03:20 AM »

Bocc did as well, which at the time us two were pretty much at as you were dead and Pete was mia. If you disagree, unlock the thread and bring it up, I have no idea why it was locked in the first place and many rules regarding it were left unorganized.

You could try to get that rule across, seems fair considering Edo and Hiraishin are getting picked on, when the others pose equally terrifying powers. But then it becomes a issue of applying it to every single powerful move.

But, that conversation should be saved for the Edo thread, no? So, unlock it  ;)
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:10:33 AM by Trev »
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2013, 12:07:00 AM »

So now you want to lock every powerful tech from the general public?
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2013, 12:15:24 AM »

I never said I wanted to limit everyone from gaining such a technique, mind you that you need read between the lines. ;)
I said I wanted to raise the limit from a teacher teaching one user to two.

That way more users would have a fair chance of learning a certain technique they had their eyes on.
I still want this rule to apply to users of kinjutsus such as; Joingu, Jashism, etc.
This will exclude those of Kekkei Tota unless it's address in such a manner concerning that subject; example, Dust Release user with multiple KGs.

However I will not unlock the Edo Tensei thread, there was too much spam and off-topic discussion there that I couldn't prevent.
I did find this interesting comment from Bocchiere while I was looking at it.

Quote from: Bocchiere
Simple, he absorbed my mind, there for he assimilated the teacher position in the Edo Tensei. Though since it is no longer me with the jutsu I doubt people will mind as much. Fun fact, according to Dark there never was a teacher-student rule for Hiraishin, it was just strongly suggested. So Edo Tensei's is based off nothing.

So these rules are based off of nothing, including Edo Tensei's which needs to be fixed pretty soon by either Pete or me.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2013, 12:19:47 AM »

I never said I wanted to limit everyone from gaining such a technique, mind you that you need read between the lines. ;)
I said I wanted to raise the limit from a teacher teaching one user to two.

That way more users would have a fair chance of learning a certain technique they had their eyes on.
I still want this rule to apply to users of kinjutsus such as; Joingu, Jashism, etc.
This will exclude those of Kekkei Tota unless it's address in such a manner concerning that subject; example, Dust Release user with multiple KGs.

However I will not unlock the Edo Tensei thread, there was too much spam and off-topic discussion there that I couldn't prevent.
I did find this interesting comment from Bocchiere while I was looking at it.

Quote from: Bocchiere
Simple, he absorbed my mind, there for he assimilated the teacher position in the Edo Tensei. Though since it is no longer me with the jutsu I doubt people will mind as much. Fun fact, according to Dark there never was a teacher-student rule for Hiraishin, it was just strongly suggested. So Edo Tensei's is based off nothing.

So these rules are based off of nothing, including Edo Tensei's which needs to be fixed pretty soon by either Pete or me.

I think one student is enough. The whole point of the rule is to LIMIT the people learning it. If you want it then challenge them for it, however, a lot of people will disagree. I think we need a rule which, if you claim a tech, you HAVE TO rp to keep it. Much like a bijuu.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 27, 2013, 12:21:29 AM »

Actually that is not based off nothing, hiraishin is brought up in another topic and I believe it has something to do with a seal.

Also, fixed by you or Pete? Let us not forget why other people dictating rules about Edo Tensei came about. It was slightly more fair than just one or two people doing it (You or Pete) and the old rules that were in place had more loopholes and silly rules than the current set.

I say unlock the thread and do some serious moderation and have a zero policy for spam.

I think it is silly for only one person to decide it, and as you said you thought it silly that six or seven people did, never mind one.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 27, 2013, 12:22:21 AM »

Canon techniques, from what I recall, were all completely free to use, the exceptions being some of the more abusable ones. I"m sure we can all think of some abusable techniques other than hiraishin that are entirely canon.

As stated before by various people, 'regulating' RP is not exactly going to be something that can be done with the flip of a finger. As another stated, the 'veterans', or even the people who have all of the in-game stuff, are not going to be very pleased with these limitations, much less actually follow them. We can separate the RP again, those wanting to follow the rules RP on the forum, the rest on the actual Sl site. Sooner or later, you'll see which ones survive and which one doesn't.

And there is no need to start lashing out at people with strongely opposing opinions. That's part of how we got into this mess in the first place. And I am intrigued by the removal of the bijuu from RP.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 27, 2013, 12:25:50 AM »

Actually that is not based off nothing, hiraishin is brought up in another topic and I believe it has something to do with a seal.

Also, fixed by you or Pete? Let us not forget why other people dictating rules about Edo Tensei came about. It was slightly more fair than just one or two people doing it (You or Pete) and the old rules that were in place had more loopholes and silly rules than the current set.

I say unlock the thread and do some serious moderation and have a zero policy for spam.

I think it is silly for only one person to decide it, and as you said you thought it silly that six or seven people did, never mind one.

So how about just making a 2nd Edo thread and start new, also I don't agree with just Pete and Kamui. ANYONE who has it is allowed to put in their input. Just because you may be the leader of the tech or what not doesn't mean that the other lesser users are not allowed to put forth rules on it.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2013, 12:26:37 AM »

Quote from: Shadow
I think one student is enough. The whole point of the rule is to LIMIT the people learning it. If you want it then challenge them for it, however, a lot of people will disagree. I think we need a rule which, if you claim a tech, you HAVE TO rp to keep it. Much like a bijuu.

But you failed to see that this isn't a Bijuu-related situation.
A Jinchuuriki in a hell of alot more powerful then a user of Edo Tensei or Hiraishin, given enough time that they trained themselves with their beasts.
Raising the limit to only Two would be more reasonable since this will prevent users from trading certain things for certain techniques.
I do however agree that a user must RP a scenario to claim a technique they have their eye on and must have permission from that user as well.

I am going to unlock and sticky that thread soon enough.
I will not tolerate any foolishness from our community so spam wisely.  :oops:

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2013, 12:28:19 AM »

So now we implement rules on techniques dictating how they are passed around and/or used by players?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:28:54 AM by Otokage ♪ Shadow »

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2013, 12:32:07 AM »

Well Shadow, you cannot make people defend for something (the biju are barely able to be challenged for) this was in another thread and shot down. I think this thread needs more of a focus, which you as originater need to find, cause this topic is jumping around for the original guideline, to teaching rules, biju, etc. Good luck!

Also, thanks Kamui for the extra eye on moderation. I hate when spam takes over a thread. I'll likely move to the Edo thread, so feel free to move some of your points there.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2013, 12:34:22 AM »

Quote from: Shadow
So now we implement rules on techniques dictating how they are passed around and/or used by players?

Isn't that what you're trying to do at this moment?  :oops:
Limiting everyone including the veterans who earned their stuffs.

I'm trying to sound mean or anything but when RP rules are being implemented unofficially, you'll have some users that don't agree to just everything.
Councils and rules just never work out for the community whatsoever since when you limit a player who rightfully earn their traits, you'll expect negative backlash.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2013, 12:35:19 AM »

Well, good luck with your rules and whatnot.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 12:38:32 AM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2013, 12:35:30 AM »

Well Shadow, you cannot make people defend for something (the biju are barely able to be challenged for) this was in another thread and shot down. I think this thread needs more of a focus, which you as originater need to find, cause this topic is jumping around for the original guideline, to teaching rules, biju, etc. Good luck!

Also, thanks Kamui for the extra eye on moderation. I hate when spam takes over a thread. I'll likely move to the Edo thread, so feel free to move some of your points there.

I don't like to dictate free thought much as, what just happened is it brought another issue up that is now being fixed. ^_^ Now that it's settled however, yes back to topic of the combat rp guideline.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2013, 12:40:05 AM »

Might as well lock this thread, seeing as its true purpose has been fleshed out.  :roll:
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2013, 12:41:45 AM »

Might as well lock this thread, seeing as its true purpose has been fleshed out.  :roll:

And now back on topic.

Right now what I really want to see is all those who are FOR this start implementing it on SL in their character.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 19 queries.