Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Standard RP based guideline for SL  (Read 16872 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Standard RP based guideline for SL
« Reply #60 on: May 27, 2013, 01:30:47 AM »

Forbidden techniques= Kinjutsu

Secret/Hidden techniques = Hiden/Hijutsu

So what about Izangi and Izanami? Lumped into KG becuase it requires the sharingan?

And to clarify, Fuinjutsu-medical ninjutsu- juinjutsu that are apart of Clan techniques are separate from the category of those three being only one chosen?

Bleh... Rephrase. If things from other categories are present in the Hiden or KG, do they still count against the limits?

More importantly, choosing just one out of the aforementioned three still seems too limiting.

And sage mode + Rinnegan can't happen becuase of the in-game reset limit on it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 27, 2013, 01:36:22 AM »

Forbidden techniques= Kinjutsu

Secret/Hidden techniques = Hiden/Hijutsu

So what about Izangi and Izanami? Lumped into KG becuase it requires the sharingan?

And to clarify, Fuinjutsu-medical ninjutsu- juinjutsu that are apart of Clan techniques are separate from the category of those three being only one chosen?

Bleh... Rephrase. If things from other categories are present in the Hiden or KG, do they still count against the limits?

More importantly, choosing just one out of the aforementioned three still seems too limiting.

And sage mode + Rinnegan can't happen becuase of the in-game reset limit on it.

Any techniques relating to Dojutsu follow the already established rules.

Fuinjutsu, juinjutsu may both be used since they might intertwine in some cases.

Things such as medical, if it is part of a hidden is allowed.

Basically; You have a medical hidden then you can still use it and claim Fuinjutsu.

Yes, sage + rinnegan is not able to happen.

Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 27, 2013, 01:39:36 AM »

So what is considered a "signature" technique?

How is it to be judged about chakra effeciency by control or quantity? We going to start stating a number on our chakra and all of the jutsu that we use now?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 27, 2013, 01:42:13 AM »

So what is considered a "signature" technique?

How is it to be judged about chakra effeciency by control or quantity? We going to start stating a number on our chakra and all of the jutsu that we use now?

Signature = jutsu that you use often. Like Katon: Fireball.

That's at the will of the user, obviously use common sense and limit yourself. We can't really put a 'limit' on it, but we want players to not claim the same chakra level as a bijuu.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #64 on: May 27, 2013, 01:46:23 AM »

The point of this in my opinion is not to stop people from finding loop holes, but to REGULATE rp. As it is right now just to even 'hit' someone is nearly impossible and zone fights go on for weeks because each party member has become a fucking tank. Example; I have kaguya, Senju, Haku, Uchiha, Rinnegan, I'm an edo tensie with 15 elements from Jiongu and the only way to kill me is by cutting off my head because I'm a Jashinist also. No attack on anyone specific, but honestly. That right there is ridiculous.

Point being, as stated, is to set up a basic guideline that won't STOP all OP or loopholes, but to at least REGULATE rp.

If the person is a good zone fighter they are going to be able to be hard to hit even without KG. Kage has maxed out KG and as much custom canon stuff of a silly degree as Yumei, he is literally claiming to be Izanagi reborn. But if this current decision goes through he is losing the bijuu fight we are in, and I think that will have been 4-5 rounds of posting. He made a mistake and I capitalized on it, it did not matter that he had Susano'o Sage Mode .

I did not do this with a double Kirin Bijuu bomb either. I used the Animal Realm once and then some exploding clay, I could have achieved the same result with a bird summon of the normal variety and explosive tags. If there is a double Edo Tensei 15 elements monster I am going to have someone attack him and then slam a seal on him from behind, even the immortal god type players go down when you shut their chakra off.

If people have gone through the effort to get Jiongu and murder people for the hearts and find Edo Tensei and resurrect a zombie then they should be able to do it. These things take effort. They don't just happen. You make it sound like these people are just claiming these powers from no where when there is always something that goes into obtaining them.

Personally, I think if we are going to do anything we should keep the KG as it is and limit the amount of S level Kinjutsu and such someone can have. Anyone can fully reset, not everyone can get Jashinism, Hiraishin, Jiongu, and Edo Tensei. I think we should just limit those to one or two, Edo Tensei and Jashin, or Hiraishin and Jiongu, not all of those plus everything else. It seems like that would be a large help to things while still letting the people who have spent a solid year leveling keep their KG.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 27, 2013, 01:49:06 AM »

That's the same 'will' that is being used now, and look how that is turning out. You might as well either remove the rule or modify it to actually make a valid account of things. Left up to me, the Uchiha would be the ones outnumbered as all of the minor clans of Konoha would have enough techniques to literally go around all of these rules.

Don't beleive me? Check the Nara arsenal. I got a fuinjutsu, juinjutsu, jujutsu, ninjutsu galore, genjutsu (tentatively), concealment jutsu... I've stretched my shadows in ways Shikimaru would have never imagined.

By definition, yes, signature is technique that you use often, but how can that be limited? A technique used the most will obviously take first place, and will be second to none in their arsenal. For example, I use shadow imitation shuriken and its varients like they are the most powerful techniques in my arsenal.

And regarding Rakudo, Imma reference Kayenta when I point out that newer, weaker players are getting 'swept under the rug'. It takes years just to learn how to RP to the level some of the people on this site both claim and seriously show.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #66 on: May 27, 2013, 01:51:53 AM »

That's the same 'will' that is being used now, and look how that is turning out. You might as well either remove the rule or modify it to actually make a valid account of things. Left up to me, the Uchiha would be the ones outnumbered as all of the minor clans of Konoha would have enough techniques to literally go around all of these rules.

Don't beleive me? Check the Nara arsenal. I got a fuinjutsu, juinjutsu, jujutsu, ninjutsu galore, genjutsu (tentatively), concealment jutsu... I've stretched my shadows in ways Shikimaru would have never imagined.

By definition, yes, signature is technique that you use often, but how can that be limited? A technique used the most will obviously take first place, and will be second to none in their arsenal. For example, I use shadow imitation shuriken and its varients like they are the most powerful techniques in my arsenal.

And regarding Rakudo, Imma reference Kayenta when I point out that newer, weaker players are getting 'swept under the rug'. It takes years just to learn how to RP to the level some of the people on this site both claim and seriously show.

Shadow said these rules would still allow one to do Sharingan Rinnegan and implant Wood Style, so I don't see how removing the 8 Gates or Kaguya from that character is giving anyone a fighting chance.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 27, 2013, 01:57:41 AM »

Taking a break from the forum. If you want to ask me directly on SL, Shadowx.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 27, 2013, 02:06:08 AM »

Honestly Rakudo, I'm not too "for" the plan myself, but I'm trying to see if it could be worked out. The new guys are in bad shape becuase they can't get into it. When you need resets to win, and it takes 80 long Oro kills to get that first one, and DP has become monetarily useless as far as trading goes, then quite frankly, the new guy wouldn't last a few days without some mentoring or a will of bronze.

And I know when I first showed up that mentoring was one of the last things I found till I joined a clan. But then again, most clans are very redudant and useless now becuase of the main villages (among other technics in the RP) and the prevelance of Uchiha-Rinnegan blood in the realm.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 27, 2013, 02:23:45 AM »

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2013, 02:28:17 AM »

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2013, 02:34:24 AM »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2013, 02:53:05 AM »

On topic as hell.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2013, 09:15:52 PM »

Accept for that one kid in Suna who was being rude and inadvertently got his head chopped off by Kay's katana before I Could stop it. >.>

>before I Could stop it.
<______<;

Uhm...you pm'd me and said it was IC and I was like yeah...it wasn't until Neala was dead did I understand what you meant was 'I am gonna kill you, defend yourself.'

OH RIGHT, I did do that.
Lol silly me, forgetting the details of what was probably my best assassination. :3

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2013, 11:07:41 PM »

The RP of SL is like the endless conflict between the sexes — it will never be in balance. But then again, I don't RP anymore so meh.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 01:32:57 AM by Megumi Yuki »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 20 queries.