Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Standard RP based guideline for SL  (Read 16347 times)

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
Re: Standard RP based guideline for SL
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2013, 10:15:50 PM »

The point of this in my opinion is not to stop people from finding loop holes, but to REGULATE rp. As it is right now just to even 'hit' someone is nearly impossible and zone fights go on for weeks because each party member has become a fucking tank. Example; I have kaguya, Senju, Haku, Uchiha, Rinnegan, I'm an edo tensie with 15 elements from Jiongu and the only way to kill me is by cutting off my head because I'm a Jashinist also. No attack on anyone specific, but honestly. That right there is ridiculous.

Point being, as stated, is to set up a basic guideline that won't STOP all OP or loopholes, but to at least REGULATE rp.

While obviously I'm not going to support the "I have kaguya, Senju, Haku, Uchiha, Rinnegan, I'm an edo tensie with 15 elements from Jiongu and the only way to kill me is by cutting off my head because I'm a Jashinist also." type folks, I personally put the freedom of my own RP above all else. A wise man said "The right to swing my fist ends where the other man's nose begins.", so that's usually what I live by to promote "fairness". I do what I want and you do what you want, as long as we aren't impeding on each other's freedom to do what the other is doing.
The problem with this philosophy is when this is applied to combat, what I said pretty much falls apart right away. Because of that, I support the nerfing. /twocents

Ok let's get rid of jutsu entirely then, you can only fight with swords or hand to hand combat. Alright well if I have a 15 foot buster sword that is going to let me smack around anyone with a smaller sword fairly easily.

Only proper response to this.
If someone is better at RP than their opponent, then it doesn't matter if the latter has 10,000 swords. How does that saying go? A master with a stone can beat a student with a sword?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:17:42 PM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2013, 10:26:32 PM »

I have no problem with everything so far but their is still some issues that need to be addressed; like the usage of one-handed seals to perform Ninjutsu.
Everyone is guilty of doing it, including myself but I recall that only Yuki-clan members and those of Hokage-level could only master techniques to such an extent that they require less handseals then their original performance.

A prime example is the infamous Nijutsu; Suiton: Suiryūdan no Jutsu which requires about fourty-four hand seals.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2013, 10:42:26 PM »

Yeah I feel as though there's still a lot that's been left out by Shadow's initial post.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 10:44:13 PM by Sabumaru »

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2013, 10:45:49 PM »

Yeah I feel as though there's still a lot that's been left out by Shadow's initial post.

Reason I posted it on the forums, to solidify it.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 11:02:08 PM »

I don't know if anyone is going to care what I have to say, but here it is. Limiting things is a wonderful idea, since there seems to have been a rash of profiles popping up with "Master of: Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning, Metal, Magnetism, Sound, Poison, Explosion and Wood releases, IN ADDITION to the twenty things they stole from other people. No rhyme or reason to it. More importantly, no balance.  So yes, regulate, but to set down an iron clad set of rules, I disagree with.

The whole purpose of RP is to be an expression of creativity. I think people lose sight of that. Me, I've got maxxed KG and that's seven years of work but I'd be happy with just two. Can't really do that because everyone and their mother can blow up the moon and as much fun RP is, losing isn't fun. That's why I haven't had a serious fight in years, too much effort to take it seriously.
Another thing I see a lot of is people stating opinions like their facts. 'I don't like that therefore it's godmod.'

Having a rule of thumb seems like a good idea but high up people also need to have some tolerance to allow for individuality.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2013, 11:08:52 PM »

I don't know if anyone is going to care what I have to say, but here it is. Limiting things is a wonderful idea, since there seems to have been a rash of profiles popping up with "Master of: Earth, Fire, Wind, Water, Lightning, Metal, Magnetism, Sound, Poison, Explosion and Wood releases, IN ADDITION to the twenty things they stole from other people. No rhyme or reason to it. More importantly, no balance.  So yes, regulate, but to set down an iron clad set of rules, I disagree with.

The whole purpose of RP is to be an expression of creativity. I think people lose sight of that. Me, I've got maxxed KG and that's seven years of work but I'd be happy with just two. Can't really do that because everyone and their mother can blow up the moon and as much fun RP is, losing isn't fun. That's why I haven't had a serious fight in years, too much effort to take it seriously.
Another thing I see a lot of is people stating opinions like their facts. 'I don't like that therefore it's godmod.'

Having a rule of thumb seems like a good idea but high up people also need to have some tolerance to allow for individuality.

Sparring works though, doesn't it? That's the whole issue nowadays. People run around killing each other for no reason. If you do it like that what's the purpose of RP? After awhile they'll get sick of dying and quit.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2013, 11:14:30 PM »

Perhaps rules for character death need to be implemented as well.  I know a great many people avoid the 'mainstream' RP because anyone can just step in and kill them (see the Iwagakure incident where Naela was killed rather randomly, though the RP was revoked it represents what I'm trying to say quite nicely)

I think character death should be an optional thing in most cases, the problem here is that the default setting is "ON" in all circumstances unless stated otherwise.  And I believe that it would be a friendlier more welcoming environment if the default setting for character death was "Off".

That is to say, character death fights can still happen but it would have to be agreed upon beforehand that those are the stakes at hand.  This is basically just to prevent people from getting into a village, shaking someones hand, and ripping their soul out 'just because' (Rinnegan required for this specific scenario).

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2013, 11:17:29 PM »

Perhaps rules for character death need to be implemented as well.  I know a great many people avoid the 'mainstream' RP because anyone can just step in and kill them (see the Iwagakure incident where Naela was killed rather randomly, though the RP was revoked it represents what I'm trying to say quite nicely)

I think character death should be an optional thing in most cases, the problem here is that the default setting is "ON" in all circumstances unless stated otherwise.  And I believe that it would be a friendlier more welcoming environment if the default setting for character death was "Off".

That is to say, character death fights can still happen but it would have to be agreed upon beforehand that those are the stakes at hand.  This is basically just to prevent people from getting into a village, shaking someones hand, and ripping their soul out 'just because' (Rinnegan required for this specific scenario).

Uhm....clarifying here for you.

All zone fights are agreed on death or just spar. That's normal.
You can NO LONGER enter a village whenever you want.
Ripping out someone's soul by handshaking is Godmod, so no.

You can not attack someone randomly without stating beforehand that they are attacking you via PM.

Anything outside of those lines are revoked/void.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2013, 11:34:23 PM »

You can not attack someone randomly without stating beforehand that they are attacking you via PM.

Err, this was exactly how I killed Neala with Yo.
That RP was voided because the information about her character was incorrect.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2013, 11:39:56 PM »

Shadow is correct, can't kill anyone without their permission anymore. If the person knows the rules it gets voided. Also can't attack a village without prior notice, so the village may remove those that don't want to fight (Or die) I recall when Bocc attacked Oto once and killed a member who was unaware that is was to the death. It was voided as he did not have the Oto members permission and the Oto member left from the rp to watch.

Basically, can't kill someone without informing them that the fight it to the death.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2013, 11:45:18 PM »

Another thing I want to address is this so-called Teacher-Student rule.
I wasn't aware it applied to every single technique that certain character knows, but I am aware that it applies to users of Hiraishin.

Unofficially people go by these rules when only a certain amount of the community agreed to it and I want to clarify just because six or seven people agree to this doesn't necessarily make it set in stone.

I want to change the limit from teaching one user to two at the most.
This will apply to a variety of techniques in that character's arsenal which will include; (Ninjustu, taijutsu, Genjutsu, Kinjutsu, etc.)
You can and only teach two certain techniques to two different users at any given time and other then that's it.

Any thoughts on this subject?

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 26, 2013, 11:47:02 PM »

Teacher-Student rule only applies to hiraishin and Edo Tensei. Long standing rule on hiraishin and a few people said it on Edo Tensei and nobody said no (Though nobody can now, cause it's locked)
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 26, 2013, 11:51:17 PM »

Another thing I want to address is this so-called Teacher-Student rule.
I wasn't aware it applied to every single technique that certain character knows, but I am aware that it applies to users of Hiraishin.

Unofficially people go by these rules when only a certain amount of the community agreed to it and I want to clarify just because six or seven people agree to this doesn't necessarily make it set in stone.

I want to change the limit from teaching one user to two at the most.
This will apply to a variety of techniques in that character's arsenal which will include; (Ninjustu, taijutsu, Genjutsu, Kinjutsu, etc.)
You can and only teach two certain techniques to two different users at any given time and other then that's it.

Any thoughts on this subject?

That rule only applies to those of 'special' power. Like you and Trev said, Hiraishin and Edo. Any other tech does not need a special 'gaining' so to say.

Camel

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 26, 2013, 11:56:47 PM »

However this rule is unofficial.
I never agreed to it nor as any other users of Edo Tensei besides Trev.

It only applied to Hiraishin so far until it was brought up recently to me.

I want to bring this rule on everything and I mean everything including other Kinjustus.
Why should I have to follow these unofficial rules when their is many users of the Flight Technique or the Mayfly?
I just feel it's biased against people who earned these techniques but we turn our head the other way around when we see users using powers of a Zetsu clone.  :roll:

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2013, 12:02:09 AM »

However this rule is unofficial.
I never agreed to it nor as any other users of Edo Tensei besides Trev.

It only applied to Hiraishin so far until it was brought up recently to me.

I want to bring this rule on everything and I mean everything including other Kinjustus.
Why should I have to follow these unofficial rules when their is many users of the Flight Technique or the Mayfly?
I just feel it's biased against people who earned these techniques but we turn our head the other way around when we see users using powers of a Zetsu clone.  :roll:

Well that would be hard to do. Truthfully, whoever has the tech can do whatever the hell they want with it unless it's in a scroll and has been agreed upon by the users to implement rules that void the teaching of it. i.e. Hirashin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 21 queries.