Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Totsuka Sword  (Read 7177 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Totsuka Sword
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2013, 12:16:52 AM »

I'm claiming to just have the sword sealed away, this topic is about me being able unseal and use it.  There is just one of these swords, it was OP when Itachi first used it but has fallen off hard compared to the new techniques and such that came out since then. Though I already have a back up plan for me being able to use it. Or have it be used anyway.

Also Sasuke has used his Susano'o since getting EMS, he used it against Kabuto, it did not have the Yata Mirror or the Totsuka Sword. It certainly is possible knowing Kishi but I would be surprised if he got them, since then he could just seal Madara and the 10 tails himself.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 12:23:20 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 12:40:32 PM »

I'm claiming to just have the sword sealed away, this topic is about me being able unseal and use it.  There is just one of these swords, it was OP when Itachi first used it but has fallen off hard compared to the new techniques and such that came out since then. Though I already have a back up plan for me being able to use it. Or have it be used anyway.

Also Sasuke has used his Susano'o since getting EMS, he used it against Kabuto, it did not have the Yata Mirror or the Totsuka Sword. It certainly is possible knowing Kishi but I would be surprised if he got them, since then he could just seal Madara and the 10 tails himself.

Fallen off hard compared to the new techniques? What? The Sword of Totsuka is one of the most overpowered accessory in the Narutoverse. Itachi defeated and sealed off both Orochimaru and Nagato away in the gourd like it was nothing. As awesome as it is, there is no other weapon that is more OP than the Totsuka sword.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2013, 11:51:53 PM by Megumi Yuki »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 03:41:16 PM »

Then you obviously don't rp on SL. The only thing it can do is seal people it stabs and no one here is going to allow themselves to get stabbed by it.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 07, 2013, 10:25:52 PM »

Then you obviously don't rp on SL. The only thing it can do is seal people it stabs and no one here is going to allow themselves to get stabbed by it.

People will be unlikely to let themselves get stabbed by it BECAUSE it's OP.  Their reaction to it's strength does not make it less OP.  You have the cause and effect backwards.

And just because other things are ALSO overpowered does not mean that this isn't.  It's safe to say that the loyalty to the strength of items/techniques in the manga and not revamping them (like people are doing with the edo tensei now) is what's causing the large amount of things that are just too strong.

Now, you can't deny that the Totsuka sword IS one of those OP items.  And making it EASIER to access in the manner you described just makes it worse than it currently is.  Really, we should be making it weaker and/or harder to use to reduce it's power (as we should with a great number of canon techniques on SL, but hey...take them as they pop up I suppose).

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 07, 2013, 11:49:54 PM »

Kinda quoting myself here cause I'm egotistical and shizz. But you can deny for him to use such things.

Say he wants to fight you in rp with it, you can say no, go away. He has to 'go away'

If he wants to use it in a bijuu fight and he holds the bijuu then this is where it becomes a problem. I believe in host rules meaning; if the host wants it, you have to abide by it. Of course outlandish things do not pass.,

People on SL have the thrive to be the most OP on the site. Which I don't care one bit for. However if someone wants to face you and has just one kg. Don't be a llama and make the rp to death and use the OP weapon against him.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 04:47:15 AM by Camel »
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2013, 12:09:20 AM »

Losing the need for Susano'o and making the sword NOT 100 feet long is in fact making it weaker. I cannot safely stab someone from the other side of the zone with it. I am fighting Hazama right now, and he has Edo Tensei, if I win I will find some way to get Edo Tensei out of it and then I will just revive Kage. So I'm either going to have the katana sized Totsuka Sword in my hands or the traditional giant one with an Edo Tensei with max resets, no skin off my nose at this point. Honestly though I could get the Human Realm and claim to channel it through a sword and get the same effect of what I am requesting here.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2013, 12:11:07 AM »

Then do the last thing you listed and be happy?

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2013, 12:15:28 AM »

Then do the last thing you listed and be happy?

I could, is the point, it's just seems to me that denying this is pointless. It's like shutting someone down for wanting their Amaterasu to be blue.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2013, 12:18:54 AM »

Good point, go and claim it. They can complain all they want. Yumei claims creation of all things. Go and get your Totsuka Sword. It's cannon. It's shown to be only on Itachi's Susanoo. I say yes.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2013, 05:03:43 AM »

Losing the need for Susano'o and making the sword NOT 100 feet long is in fact making it weaker. I cannot safely stab someone from the other side of the zone with it. I am fighting Hazama right now, and he has Edo Tensei, if I win I will find some way to get Edo Tensei out of it and then I will just revive Kage. So I'm either going to have the katana sized Totsuka Sword in my hands or the traditional giant one with an Edo Tensei with max resets, no skin off my nose at this point. Honestly though I could get the Human Realm and claim to channel it through a sword and get the same effect of what I am requesting here.
Since when was I ever dead?

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2013, 05:15:27 AM »

Well in that bijuu fight we had that you are pretending was OOC I killed you. I mean if you want I could come to Ame and kill you a second time.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2013, 05:18:08 AM »

Well in that bijuu fight we had that you are pretending was OOC I killed you. I mean if you want I could come to Ame and kill you a second time.

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.11907026.4950/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2013, 05:20:04 AM »

http://ih1.redbubble.net/image.11907026.4950/flat,550x550,075,f.jpg

That's exactly right.  :cool:

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 08, 2013, 09:40:13 PM »

Aren't all Bijuu fights treated to be OOC like general spars and zoning, unless agreed upon by both parties that it's IC? And you can try.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 08, 2013, 10:17:32 PM »

Iz getting off topic, I think if you want to have a conversation about Bijuu fights being IC or OOC you should just start a new thread.  Or this one will just get closed by a passing mod mid-conversation.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.