Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Totsuka Sword  (Read 7178 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Totsuka Sword
« on: June 03, 2013, 10:30:13 PM »

Does anyone have an issue with me using the Totsuka Sword myself? I was just going to say it is an actual gourd that you could hold in your hand and the liquid inside flows out to a blade the size of a katana. Seals you when stabbed, cut's through most things, all in all is the same weapon but smaller.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
Re: Totsuka Sword
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:19:23 PM »

I say just keep it the way it's used in the show, it's general abilities certainly warrant the (slightly) more difficult process of unlocking susanoo (which costs a substantial amount of chakra) and then using it that way.

Using it in your own hands would make it far easier to abuse.  Also we're not sure if it's at all possible to wield the blade in your own hands or not.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 01:36:27 AM »

I was actually going to claim to be able to use the Sword of Totsuka myself at one point like you. However, it was a matter of it being the default weapon of all Susanoo variants now. So what would be the point, right? It has not shown to be able to be used by a human, but come on. It's the brother of the sword of Kusanagi, thus wieldable by a person.

Still main point here --> Used by all those who have Susanoo, so if you claim to be able to use it outside of susanoo so will they.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 04:06:18 AM »

I say just keep it the way it's used in the show, it's general abilities certainly warrant the (slightly) more difficult process of unlocking susanoo (which costs a substantial amount of chakra) and then using it that way.

Using it in your own hands would make it far easier to abuse.  Also we're not sure if it's at all possible to wield the blade in your own hands or not.

I intend to agree with this right here.
Of course we saw on the latest chapters that the Blaze Release's Sword of Kagutsuchi can be wielded in such a way by chakra manipulation and the Mangekyou Sharingan, however since the Sword of Totsuka is generally a Susano'o item it should be treated as such.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 05:17:45 AM »

Ok Shadow was very very wrong >> but I don't see how shrinking the sword makes it easier to abuse. Would having it be 50 feet long not be cheaper?

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2013, 05:47:27 AM »

How was I wrong? >>
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2013, 05:58:11 AM »

How was I wrong? >>

Only Itachi has the Totsuka Sword. you said literally everyone with Susano'o has it which isn't true. They have chakra swords but it is not the Totsuka Blade.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2013, 06:49:45 AM »

It's not JUST the shrinking of the blade that makes it easier to abuse.  It's the fact that you do not have to form a complete enough susanoo to wield the item.  This requires a substantial amount of chakra to do and justifies the power of the sword (sealing anything it cuts, without question.  Also in my opinion, too OP as it's essentially a one hit win but that's not the topic here) a bit more.

Just having it on your character like a normal sword is even MORE powerful because, although it is smaller (though who says it couldn't be larger?  We have no idea if it weighs anything or whatever) it has become easier to put into the playing field.  It's 'cost' has been lowered drastically from consuming a large amount of chakra to simply pulling it out of your pocket.

It's a weapon with enormous power, if anything it should have a similar cost to use as the sage of six path weapons (if we're talking about balance, and not strict loyalty to the manga) if you ask me.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2013, 07:08:19 AM »

It does not seal anything it cuts, it seals anything it pierces. Itachi cut the heads off Oro's 8 Branches form and those were not sealed. You have to stab it through them and keep it there for a person to be sealed. Also I'm telling you I'm going to use it just the size of a katana. >> It would just be dumb for me not to be able to use this weapon because I am a Hyuuga.

The regular Kusanagi can cut through "anything" be levitated about and extend forever. Samehada is alive, acts as a sensor, can move on it's own, cuts through jutsu, restores your chakra, and can heal grievous wounds, you can even fuse with it if you own it long enough. I would argue Samehada is much more OP than the Totsuka Sword, and the Kusanagi is just as strong, if not more due to the incredible range of attack you can achieve with it.

In short, I'd have a very sharp sword that seals away people I impale with it... that's all. It does not seem like a big deal to me.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 07:12:45 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2013, 07:18:53 AM »

I intend to agree with this right here.
Of course we saw on the latest chapters that the Blaze Release's Sword of Kagutsuchi can be wielded in such a way by chakra manipulation and the Mangekyou Sharingan, however since the Sword of Totsuka is generally a Susano'o item it should be treated as such.

Yeah what these two said.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2013, 08:09:51 AM »

It's not JUST the shrinking of the blade that makes it easier to abuse.  It's the fact that you do not have to form a complete enough susanoo to wield the item.  This requires a substantial amount of chakra to do and justifies the power of the sword (sealing anything it cuts, without question.  Also in my opinion, too OP as it's essentially a one hit win but that's not the topic here) a bit more.

Just having it on your character like a normal sword is even MORE powerful because, although it is smaller (though who says it couldn't be larger?  We have no idea if it weighs anything or whatever) it has become easier to put into the playing field.  It's 'cost' has been lowered drastically from consuming a large amount of chakra to simply pulling it out of your pocket.

It's a weapon with enormous power, if anything it should have a similar cost to use as the sage of six path weapons (if we're talking about balance, and not strict loyalty to the manga) if you ask me.

In other words as Itachi did so in the manga and anime, you'll need Susano'o's final form (Not Perfect) to manifest it and use it.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2013, 09:52:46 AM »

So... What about the Yata Mirror if the Totsuka blade should be treated as a Susanoo item?

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2013, 03:48:34 PM »

I like how no one responded to the part where I gave examples of how the other weapons are much more OP than the Totsuka Sword. >> Also it says "Along with the Yata Mirror, the Sword of Totsuka is a weapon Itachi equipped to his Susanoo with the gourd being held by a third hand" it says he equipped them to his Susano'o, inferring that he found the two items and then picked them up for his Susano'o to use. They're not Susano'o items.

Something being a one hit kill isn't even a good basis to limit something anymore. You know what else is a one hit kill? Either Sage Art. You can claim to kill someone with one Frog Kata punch and break their neck or touch them and rip their soul out with the Rinnegan. The Totsuka Sword WAS OP, it no longer is.

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2013, 06:31:56 PM »

Naruto Shippuden Episode 214 - Sasuke's Susanoo was erroneously depicted with a gourd in its secondary right hand. Note that this was before Sasuke transplanted Itachi's eyes.

Now, with the information that I've provided, one can argue that the Totsuka Sword could be a default weapon of Susanoo's final form. Frankly, I think we should wait a little more until Sasuke reveals all of his Susanoo's powers. I'm sure something about Totsuka will be shown.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:36:29 PM by Shinro »
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 07:19:31 PM »

Sasuke's whole Blaze Release sword was simply an extension of Blaze Release: Kagutsuchi, the manipulation of Amaterasu's flames via his eye. Not exactly a special item or tool if anyone with Amaterasu and training can do it.

The Sword of Totsuka is still pretty powerful when compared with the other mentioned items and techniques. Justification by comparison isn't going to make it seem legitly wield-able for  everyone. But this does bring up the question, if it's even claimable by someone without Susanoo. It's kinda like claiming to be able to use Rasenshuriken without having Rasengan and/or Wind Release.

Naruto Shippuden Episode 214 - Sasuke's Susanoo was erroneously depicted with a gourd in its secondary right hand. Note that this was before Sasuke transplanted Itachi's eyes.
Might want to take a look at this: http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/The_Burden#Trivia
Studio Pierrot has a tendency to incorrectly add in a bunch of things to make the show more watchable, or just to keep up with pumping out one whole animated episode a week.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.