Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Question about the Kiba Blades  (Read 2724 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Question about the Kiba Blades
« on: July 31, 2013, 03:15:44 AM »

Are we allowing the anime only powers to be used? Because if we are Samehada has a contender for most powerful swordsmen blade.

"In the anime, they allow the user to transform and manipulate lightning freely. They also boost the user's attack power to the highest limit, which allows them to perform high-level Lightning Release techniques with a minimal cost of chakra. These blades can channel the user's own respective lightning techniques or conduct natural lightning. As long as there is natural lighting to access, the user can battle continuously without tiring and launch lightning from the sky to strike anywhere within a large area. They can also be connected at the hilts to form a larger double-bladed sword. They are able to perform various long-distance, powerful, and defensive techniques, either lightning-based or imbued with it. Even without lightning, they are very dangerous in battle, able to be used in combination with agile spinning movements, sweeping through the targets while the user also rotates."

This is another one of those kinds of arguments where I can see people say no just because they will never have the swords. Personally I think it should be changed slightly, take out the ability to control natural lightning because then you'd win every fight in two posts "make storms clouds, lightning strike." but keep the ability to manipulate chakra created lightning, so you could counter opponents attacks and throw them back at them.

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Question about the Kiba Blades
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:27:09 AM »

It seems fine, since it originally came from a filler arc and was adapted into canon. Though the whole controlling a lightning storm cloud thing would probably have the same restriction as Kirin, being that it can't be done forever and would run the lighting cloud out pretty quickly.

Further reading
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kiba_(swords)

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Kirin

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 03:35:10 AM »

That is true. It's kind of why I don't mind people picking at it a little. Without the anime powers all they can be are two Kusanagi with none of the Kusanagi's abilities beside cutting.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2013, 12:05:15 AM »

I think that the use of Kiba properly (I.e. being OP as aforementioned) requires a strong lightning affinity. All the blades were meant to be used very specifically, from what I've seen, like how Samehada likes people with lots of chakra (and how it especially likes shark-men).
The reason Kiba aren't OP to the max is because wind > lightning. Kiba are a HUGE advantage to any lightning release user, but a wind user like Naruto could still beat a Kiba-user. Since SL is full of people who claim to be wind gods (creating massive amounts of shredding wind blades with a wave of the hand) I see no problem with the swords doing what the anime claims. Save for the whole "conjuring up permanent clouds" thing which would allow spamming of Kirin-like techniques.

I really like the idea of the swords being able to redirect raiton, as that makes perfect sense with the way same-element jutsu react. (Equal level ninjutsu of the same element cancel each other out, and a stronger jutsu will over take and absorb a weaker jutsu of the same element, using it to grow stronger.)
Of course the swords made to be the pinnacle of raiton would be able to redirect other raiton techs, it's pretty much a given.

And I'm not just saying this because I plan on getting Kiba (which I never ever do), I just love all the swords of the SSM and would hate to see them nerf'd.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2013, 01:02:42 AM »

I think that the use of Kiba properly (I.e. being OP as aforementioned) requires a strong lightning affinity. All the blades were meant to be used very specifically, from what I've seen, like how Samehada likes people with lots of chakra (and how it especially likes shark-men).
The reason Kiba aren't OP to the max is because wind > lightning. Kiba are a HUGE advantage to any lightning release user, but a wind user like Naruto could still beat a Kiba-user. Since SL is full of people who claim to be wind gods (creating massive amounts of shredding wind blades with a wave of the hand) I see no problem with the swords doing what the anime claims. Save for the whole "conjuring up permanent clouds" thing which would allow spamming of Kirin-like techniques.

I really like the idea of the swords being able to redirect raiton, as that makes perfect sense with the way same-element jutsu react. (Equal level ninjutsu of the same element cancel each other out, and a stronger jutsu will over take and absorb a weaker jutsu of the same element, using it to grow stronger.)
Of course the swords made to be the pinnacle of raiton would be able to redirect other raiton techs, it's pretty much a given.

And I'm not just saying this because I plan on getting Kiba (which I never ever do), I just love all the swords of the SSM and would hate to see them nerf'd.

*Hugs* :3

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2013, 04:48:51 AM »

Today was the day Sabu made sense, yeah!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2013, 05:41:05 AM »

Today was the day Sabu made sense, yeah!

Did you finally run out of beer and drugs? xD

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2013, 07:13:50 AM »

*sigh*
Yeah.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »

*sigh*
Yeah.

-hands poor Sabu a map to Asadi's magical chest o'plenty-

D: HURRY! You're making to much sense!

Page created in 0.045 seconds with 20 queries.