Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: An idea I have been having  (Read 15859 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: An idea I have been having
« Reply #15 on: August 13, 2013, 06:22:30 AM »

Do eeeeet. Free us from this hell. D:

If confused... Aren't you one of the ones aiming to make SL a bigger hell for rp by learning a bunch of stuff to be very OP and what not?  :smt017

I just want the bijuu, I only wanted Edo Tensei to use the Totsuka Sword. People just keep giving me stuff. >> You are one to talk with your one turn Sage Mode and instant Daikodan with no water anywhere. :P

Shinro

• Your withering eyes will be remembered.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 13, 2013, 06:27:42 AM »

You people are silly.  :oops:

But I like this idea, Uetto. No more OP crap.
In a mad world, only the mad are sane.
En un mundo loco, sólo los locos están cuerdos.
Dans un monde fou, seuls les fous sont sains d'esprit.
狂ったこの世で狂うなら気は確かだ。

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 13, 2013, 06:30:32 AM »

If confused... Aren't you one of the ones aiming to make SL a bigger hell for rp by learning a bunch of stuff to be very OP and what not?  :smt017

I just want the bijuu, I only wanted Edo Tensei to use the Totsuka Sword. People just keep giving me stuff. >> You are one to talk with your one turn Sage Mode and instant Daikodan with no water anywhere. :P

I wasn't saying that my character does not push the limits lol. I was simply saying you act to innocent in the matter lol. It was more of a joke than anything. Meh, take it as you wish.

Also I never entered Sage Mode in one post... I summoned my mounts and started to merge then in the next post I entered Sage Mode. That is totally legit as Pervy Sage entered it the second he had his summons. I ran this by several others that have used Sage Mode for a long time and what not and they all agreed it was legit..... of topic but this is the spam section so blablablablabla

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 13, 2013, 06:32:11 AM »

You people are silly.  :oops:

But I like this idea, Uetto. No more OP crap.

Thank you. I hope I can actually find time to do it and all. Plus running a forum is a chore in itself if I recall correctly... regardless I posted it here so that others could take the lead or aid in on it.

As we can see Rai already has a sight and all. The question is what interest would he have in all of this.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2013, 06:32:30 AM »

I wasn't saying that my character does not push the limits lol. I was simply saying you act to innocent in the matter lol. It was more of a joke than anything. Meh, take it as you wish.

Also I never entered Sage Mode in one post... I summoned my mounts and started to merge then in the next post I entered Sage Mode. That is totally legit as Pervy Sage entered it the second he had his summons. I ran this by several others that have used Sage Mode for a long time and what not and they all agreed it was legit..... of topic but this is the spam section so blablablablabla

I just think your logic for why it is fair is dumb." You just got to knock them off my shoulders and I instantly exit, go ahead and try, NOT LIKE I'M IN SAGE MODE OR ANYTHING." I personally don't agree with it. *bounces a tennis ball off your head* I would still like a site where people are not forced to be OP to be top tier.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2013, 06:34:58 AM »

I just think your logic for why it is fair is dumb." You just got to knock them off my shoulders and I instantly exit, go ahead and try, NOT LIKE I'M IN SAGE MODE OR ANYTHING." I personally don't agree with it. *bounces a tennis ball off your head* I would still like a site where people are not forced to be OP to be top tier.

Really that is the whole point of banning jutsu and limiting characters as to not being able to stack. Plus the Chakra System actaully helps a ton when it comes to no more spamming... and it makes you actually think about how to use your jutsu more wisely.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2013, 06:43:34 AM »

And that is good. With SL you can say you are going to do that, but you can't stop the people who want to be OP, so you'll lose. It's just an un-winnable war. A fresh start would be good.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2013, 06:50:02 AM »

I would just like to point out that I am not trying to replace SL or anything of the sort. I simply want to start up a forum again and get back into that rp.... I just don't want that to get confused.

I plan to still rp here at SL and all as well.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2013, 06:51:37 AM »

I would just like to point out that I am not trying to replace SL or anything of the sort. I simply want to start up a forum again and get back into that rp.... I just don't want that to get confused.

I plan to still rp here at SL and all as well.

So would I. This would just be an alternative not a replacement.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2013, 06:42:50 PM »

Okay so until I hear back from Raifudo let me just get a count on those that could possibly start aiding in building a site within the next few days.

Of course we will need someone that is experienced with building and designing forums. Someone that can work the layout and add in all t cool pics and what not.... it has been to long sense I have done it... I'd probably get lost if I went at it solo.

Also we will need a someone to proof read things and rewrite stuff so that is is more readable and to check for grammar issues.

Really I'm just searching for a few people to help me get this thing going.

It shouldn't take long to get a site up and running if we can get a good team to working on one. As we go more systems can be put in and what not.

Oh it wouldn't hurt to have someone that could do a really good plot as well....

... and of course the thing I am worst at, naming the site.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2013, 07:08:09 PM »

Oh it wouldn't hurt to have someone that could do a really good plot as well....

Plot: There's a bad guy who starts screwing around with countries one by one and eventually does a big thing to kill everyone! D:

the site's name should be...
Something.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2013, 07:12:31 PM »

Plot: There's a bad guy who starts screwing around with countries one by one and eventually does a big thing to kill everyone! D:

Something.

Legend of Something, I like it.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2013, 01:22:50 AM »

Something.
*writes all this down* This is some good stuff

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2013, 02:33:11 AM »

I am distraught at the claiming that this site will merely be an alternative. Unlike SLS, with all of these aforementioned limitations, it will actually be a challenge to get powerful, which is something many of the new players (and veterans alike) seem pleased with. Given enough time, this will replace SL RP in its entirety except for playful stuff.

Not that that is a terrible thing. I mean, Gyru could hand over the reigns to SLS, since it's already linked right on the home page anyways, but I digress.

To support your idea, and encourage creativity, make this a time right after the Sage of Six Paths introduced jutsu (or some time shortly thereafter) and the shinobi world is just getting started. No villages, few jutsu-oriented clans as of yet, still plenty of samurai (maybe NPC) running around doing their thing.

That's how the story can start. Once some people reach a decent enough level of power, then we can enter a sort of alliance formation thing, where clan creation is not only highly encouraged, but even rewarded in the form of boards and organization.

Next, if it hadn't already begun, have the clans start to go to war almost by defacto.

Next, unban the creation of hidden villages. This would in theory take a long time to get to, since hidden villages in themselves require a variety of clans to come together for the sake of mutual benefit.

Finally, a Great shinobi War. From there, things just... go. A complete list of 'dos' and 'donts' is required.

How will custom techniques be handled? I am addicted to customizing things when it comes to RP, and would like to know what kind of stance would be taken on that.

Even more important than the storyline is how it will be treated. SLS was probably supposed to contain a lot of the hardcore RP of SL into one, so SL itself would be a little lighter, but that didn't quite work out for some reason, and from that we get to about what my char came back to.

Who will the moderators eventually turn out to be? Likely those who start with the project from the get-go and are not on Kirk's shit list (if he even has one).

How much from SL can be ported over if at all? Is it a complete, fresh start? No lineages, no previous histories, not even summoning contracts previously created?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2013, 02:33:56 AM »

"Legend of Raifudo", anyone?

On a serious note, this is an example of my stat system:

Stat-point System
Brief Summary:
The stat system is based on a “hard work pays off” process. To guarantee players will have an advantage from dedicated work, they will gain perks for beginning at a lower stage than the highest allowed rank. To do so, there is an established list that allots a certain amount of stat-points (SP) per rank located [here]; each rank, on the basis of which is higher, increases in SP available for use.
Going by the system, once a character ranks up, they will be given the base points of 10 plus 2 more for their work (the +2 accumulates with prior awarded rank-ups).
Example:
Academy Student – 10 SP
Jounin – 40 SP
The above is the SP-base system for Academy Students and Jounin, meaning beginning at that rank will allot you that many points. Now, assuming one begins at Jounin (Player B), they are given 40 SP to spend as they wish. Now if one were to begin at Academy Student (Player A), they’d be given 10. As they progressed to genin, they would acquire 12 SP (10 for rank-up and 2 for role-play bonus); once they reach Jounin, A would have 46 SP (10 from the beginning, 30 from rank-up, and 6 from accumulated role-play bonus).  Although it may seem miniscule, those 6 points can greatly make a difference in combat between B and A.
Extended Summary:
Stat Descriptions
When a player chooses their [rank], they will be given a set amount of points to distribute along their stats as they see fit.
Ninjutsu: Ninja techniques; placing points into this stat increases the power of your ninja art techniques and increases the ranking of jutsu you can use.
Taijutsu: Body techniques; placing points into this stat increases the strength of your physical offensive and defensive abilities.
Genjutsu: Illusionary techniques; placing points into this stat increases the capabilities of your jutsu and how well they can fool your opponents – likewise, increase the difficulty of breaking out of them.
Intelligence: One’s mental capabilities; placing points into this stat increases the adaptability and perception of a player; it also advocates the ability to learn at a faster pace.
Stamina: Endurance; stamina points exist to extend your chakra pool. It is the key source to durability and execution.
Hand Seals: Molding and precision; hand seals are the foundation for chakra formation and manipulation. Usage of the hand seals stat increases manipulation of chakra as well as the ability to form it into techniques. Likewise, this attribute allows the player to weave through hand seals faster and, eventually, use only one hand for techniques.
Speed: dexterity; the speed in which a player can maneuver. Reflexes and perception of physical motion is also augmented by this stat.
Fuuinjutsu: Sealing; sealing techniques, which includes summoning, is used to augment the type of sealing you can do, which can range from basic weapon scrolls to chakra capacity.
Base SP and Stat Caps
Each attribute above can have a maximum of ten points placed into it; however, ranking also plays an important role within them. A cap (listed below) is set in order to prevent a player from matching abilities with someone of a much higher rank (I.E. An Academy Student placing ten points into speed and matching that of a Kage).
In order to avoid everyone choosing the higher rank right off the bat, a system has been made that awards more for the effort of ranking up than simply choosing the higher title. To go about this, after a player has chosen their ranking, one will progress through means of [missions] and [role-play bonuses] that help advance a player to reach the needed [Experience Points] in order to rank up. Here is the list of base SP and their stat caps.
Academy Student – 10; Cap is 4/10
Genin – 20; Cap is 5/10
Chuunin – 30; Cap is 6/10
Jounin – 40; Cap is 7/10
Anbu – 50; Cap is 8/10
Kage: 65; – Cap is 10/10
After a rank up, a player receives 10 Stat points [SP] as a minimal number to properly advance to the abilities of the higher; because they successfully ranked up via role-play, they will be awarded 2 SP more (which [accumulates] with ranking) which tally’s up to 12 per rank-up via role-play. Although two may seem insignificant, it’s the combined effort of the rank-ups that make it worthwhile. Simply said, no matter what, ranking up by means of role-play will make you stronger than your higher, default-ranked, peers.
Jutsu Clashes

Conclusion
One can begin at any rank, except for prestigious ranks such as Anbu or Kage, and excel through means of role-play. As stated above, a significant number of times, beginning at a lower tier allows you more possibilities in your character’s prowess.

By the way, @Eric: I already have a "time frame" kind of story. Two, actually. One that proceeds with the canon story after the sage of the six and everything is just clans right now in certain regions of the world, and the second where it's a sort of spin-off from Naruto where the tailed beasts are actually legendary weapons and the sage is known as the Constellation's Blacksmith; essentially a man who was known to even be the ones who molded the stars themselves and so on -- pure legend.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 02:36:44 AM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 14 queries.