Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Author Topic: An idea I have been having  (Read 15865 times)

Zikeus Hōzuki

• View Profile
Re: An idea I have been having
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2013, 09:17:49 PM »

I see.. Can't say I justify people's opinions, but that don't matter anyway. Better not to dig up this topic any further. ^^

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2013, 10:34:05 PM »

I see.. Can't say I justify people's opinions, but that don't matter anyway. Better not to dig up this topic any further. ^^

Agreed #AntiSLS

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2013, 01:30:39 AM »

The opinions are a bit over the top,  but a breathe of fresh air shouldn't have hurt anything. That's why Kirk is going to do some Spring cleaning with his forum thingy, I think.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2013, 04:07:23 AM »

I would have to disagree with Eric' synopsis a bit on a select point here and there. Konoha tried to bring SLS to SL. The rest of us did not.

As rules go on SL I am not  fan. It kills creativity and cannot be determined in a fair manner due to a minority trying to bring order to the masses. If the owner ever laid the law down, well that would be different.

Many of the clans used to have their own forums for members to RP in. and some still do.

Personally? I like to wing it. Grb whoever is around and start something. And I like to finish it in one night too.
I am not  a fan of making a post and then waiting all week long for my partner to make a post and then so on and so forth. But that is the fad these days.

What is wrong with this? You get hung up in RP doing something that should take about two hours in real time and ends up lasting over  month to conclude...or more likely...the participants get bored and drop out and it is never resolved.

I have tried to get people to be in more than one place at one time. This is not  big deal save for village defence rps. If I am Rping myself in Kumo then I am not available to defend SUna. Too sad, too bad.

However...if lets say, I am in Iwa training with a sporing partner in the morning...why can I not rp having dinner with someone else even though that spar rp is not done? in game time I am only going to train for 1-2 hours. It only figures I would have dinner later on. I see no reason to be tied up in the training session for a whole month and be out of action for everything else when in the storyline...I was only busy in the morning of such and such a day.

And is the world turned upside down if I go to dinner and spar?
hardly...

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2013, 06:23:23 PM »

I would have to disagree with Eric' synopsis a bit on a select point here and there. Konoha tried to bring SLS to SL. The rest of us did not.

As rules go on SL I am not  fan. It kills creativity and cannot be determined in a fair manner due to a minority trying to bring order to the masses. If the owner ever laid the law down, well that would be different.

Many of the clans used to have their own forums for members to RP in. and some still do.

Personally? I like to wing it. Grb whoever is around and start something. And I like to finish it in one night too.
I am not  a fan of making a post and then waiting all week long for my partner to make a post and then so on and so forth. But that is the fad these days.

What is wrong with this? You get hung up in RP doing something that should take about two hours in real time and ends up lasting over  month to conclude...or more likely...the participants get bored and drop out and it is never resolved.

I have tried to get people to be in more than one place at one time. This is not  big deal save for village defence rps. If I am Rping myself in Kumo then I am not available to defend SUna. Too sad, too bad.

However...if lets say, I am in Iwa training with a sporing partner in the morning...why can I not rp having dinner with someone else even though that spar rp is not done? in game time I am only going to train for 1-2 hours. It only figures I would have dinner later on. I see no reason to be tied up in the training session for a whole month and be out of action for everything else when in the storyline...I was only busy in the morning of such and such a day.

And is the world turned upside down if I go to dinner and spar?
hardly...

It called trying to apply forum rules to a non-forum game. Which is why SLS failed as it should have just separated itself from SL all together. Regardless I don't think we need to dig up old arguments.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 12, 2013, 04:12:31 PM »

http://origins.freeforums.org/

This is not the site is it?

Because there is almost nothing on it.

Uetto when will your site be online?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 12, 2013, 04:39:02 PM »

Not for some time. Months maybe year or so.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 12, 2013, 05:15:46 PM »

Not for some time. Months maybe year or so.
Will it be a free forum hosting site like  freeforums.org?
I don't like such long and stupid urls.
I'm googling a few sites that offer free hosting and I came up with this:
http://www.biz.nf/
http://www.freehostingeu.com/
http://www.biz.ly/
http://www.000webhost.com/
FreeDomain.co.nr
Dot.tk
Dot.cf

So I hope they work if you use them.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2013, 01:59:27 AM »

I already got some of the site constructed. I just need my laptop to look it up as I have forgotten lol. Got it booked marked on chrome.

But really guys I don't have e-net so this want be happening for some time. Just keep that in mind.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 14 queries.