Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: An idea I have been having  (Read 15611 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: An idea I have been having
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2013, 02:46:44 AM »

I am distraught at the claiming that this site will merely be an alternative. Unlike SLS, with all of these aforementioned limitations, it will actually be a challenge to get powerful, which is something many of the new players (and veterans alike) seem pleased with. Given enough time, this will replace SL RP in its entirety except for playful stuff.

Not that that is a terrible thing. I mean, Gyru could hand over the reigns to SLS, since it's already linked right on the home page anyways, but I digress.

To support your idea, and encourage creativity, make this a time right after the Sage of Six Paths introduced jutsu (or some time shortly thereafter) and the shinobi world is just getting started. No villages, few jutsu-oriented clans as of yet, still plenty of samurai (maybe NPC) running around doing their thing.

That's how the story can start. Once some people reach a decent enough level of power, then we can enter a sort of alliance formation thing, where clan creation is not only highly encouraged, but even rewarded in the form of boards and organization.

Next, if it hadn't already begun, have the clans start to go to war almost by defacto.

Next, unban the creation of hidden villages. This would in theory take a long time to get to, since hidden villages in themselves require a variety of clans to come together for the sake of mutual benefit.

Finally, a Great shinobi War. From there, things just... go. A complete list of 'dos' and 'donts' is required.

How will custom techniques be handled? I am addicted to customizing things when it comes to RP, and would like to know what kind of stance would be taken on that.

Even more important than the storyline is how it will be treated. SLS was probably supposed to contain a lot of the hardcore RP of SL into one, so SL itself would be a little lighter, but that didn't quite work out for some reason, and from that we get to about what my char came back to.

Who will the moderators eventually turn out to be? Likely those who start with the project from the get-go and are not on Kirk's shit list (if he even has one).

How much from SL can be ported over if at all? Is it a complete, fresh start? No lineages, no previous histories, not even summoning contracts previously created?

If I am to make a site then nothing will be carried over from SL. The site will be related to SL by no means... just another random forum I guess you could say.

And there would have to be many systems put into place to assure everything was covered. For example a custom jutsu template would be made. Creativity would not be frowned upon but be closely looked over as to assure no one was to slip by with any OP in terms of what I would like to set the site to be.

For the time being I would like to spend sometime to get use to Raifudo's site and his systems in order to fully understand his forums style and see if I would like to buy into his ways... So far the system he had presented seems rather interesting.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2013, 02:52:49 AM »

"Legend of Raifudo", anyone?

On a serious note, this is an example of my stat system:

Stat-point System
Brief Summary:
The stat system is based on a “hard work pays off” process. To guarantee players will have an advantage from dedicated work, they will gain perks for beginning at a lower stage than the highest allowed rank. To do so, there is an established list that allots a certain amount of stat-points (SP) per rank located [here]; each rank, on the basis of which is higher, increases in SP available for use.
Going by the system, once a character ranks up, they will be given the base points of 10 plus 2 more for their work (the +2 accumulates with prior awarded rank-ups).
Example:
Academy Student – 10 SP
Jounin – 40 SP
The above is the SP-base system for Academy Students and Jounin, meaning beginning at that rank will allot you that many points. Now, assuming one begins at Jounin (Player B), they are given 40 SP to spend as they wish. Now if one were to begin at Academy Student (Player A), they’d be given 10. As they progressed to genin, they would acquire 12 SP (10 for rank-up and 2 for role-play bonus); once they reach Jounin, A would have 46 SP (10 from the beginning, 30 from rank-up, and 6 from accumulated role-play bonus).  Although it may seem miniscule, those 6 points can greatly make a difference in combat between B and A.
Extended Summary:
Stat Descriptions
When a player chooses their [rank], they will be given a set amount of points to distribute along their stats as they see fit.
Ninjutsu: Ninja techniques; placing points into this stat increases the power of your ninja art techniques and increases the ranking of jutsu you can use.
Taijutsu: Body techniques; placing points into this stat increases the strength of your physical offensive and defensive abilities.
Genjutsu: Illusionary techniques; placing points into this stat increases the capabilities of your jutsu and how well they can fool your opponents – likewise, increase the difficulty of breaking out of them.
Intelligence: One’s mental capabilities; placing points into this stat increases the adaptability and perception of a player; it also advocates the ability to learn at a faster pace.
Stamina: Endurance; stamina points exist to extend your chakra pool. It is the key source to durability and execution.
Hand Seals: Molding and precision; hand seals are the foundation for chakra formation and manipulation. Usage of the hand seals stat increases manipulation of chakra as well as the ability to form it into techniques. Likewise, this attribute allows the player to weave through hand seals faster and, eventually, use only one hand for techniques.
Speed: dexterity; the speed in which a player can maneuver. Reflexes and perception of physical motion is also augmented by this stat.
Fuuinjutsu: Sealing; sealing techniques, which includes summoning, is used to augment the type of sealing you can do, which can range from basic weapon scrolls to chakra capacity.
Base SP and Stat Caps
Each attribute above can have a maximum of ten points placed into it; however, ranking also plays an important role within them. A cap (listed below) is set in order to prevent a player from matching abilities with someone of a much higher rank (I.E. An Academy Student placing ten points into speed and matching that of a Kage).
In order to avoid everyone choosing the higher rank right off the bat, a system has been made that awards more for the effort of ranking up than simply choosing the higher title. To go about this, after a player has chosen their ranking, one will progress through means of [missions] and [role-play bonuses] that help advance a player to reach the needed [Experience Points] in order to rank up. Here is the list of base SP and their stat caps.
Academy Student – 10; Cap is 4/10
Genin – 20; Cap is 5/10
Chuunin – 30; Cap is 6/10
Jounin – 40; Cap is 7/10
Anbu – 50; Cap is 8/10
Kage: 65; – Cap is 10/10
After a rank up, a player receives 10 Stat points [SP] as a minimal number to properly advance to the abilities of the higher; because they successfully ranked up via role-play, they will be awarded 2 SP more (which [accumulates] with ranking) which tally’s up to 12 per rank-up via role-play. Although two may seem insignificant, it’s the combined effort of the rank-ups that make it worthwhile. Simply said, no matter what, ranking up by means of role-play will make you stronger than your higher, default-ranked, peers.
Jutsu Clashes

Conclusion
One can begin at any rank, except for prestigious ranks such as Anbu or Kage, and excel through means of role-play. As stated above, a significant number of times, beginning at a lower tier allows you more possibilities in your character’s prowess.

By the way, @Eric: I already have a "time frame" kind of story. Two, actually. One that proceeds with the canon story after the sage of the six and everything is just clans right now in certain regions of the world, and the second where it's a sort of spin-off from Naruto where the tailed beasts are actually legendary weapons and the sage is known as the Constellation's Blacksmith; essentially a man who was known to even be the ones who molded the stars themselves and so on -- pure legend.

This is certainly all something I could buy into.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #32 on: August 14, 2013, 03:07:49 AM »

I'm pretty hyped right now, not gonna lie.

Snap

• "I'll take my clothes off, just for you. <3"
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2013, 07:42:55 PM »

While I don't RP anymore I'd say you'd limit the amounts of Kekkei Genkai the players can get. Kekkei Genkai isn't something easy to get in a sudden poof in the Naruto manga. It is limited to quite a few people. Take Kimimaro, Haku, Sakon and so on as an example. Nobody likes a RP Forum with a bunch of Mary Sues/Marty Stus.

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 14, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »

Aye I agree mostly.  Strict limit of one KG max per character (not what SL does with the 1 dojutsu and one elemental.  And sometimes more)

I'd say bar the Rinnegan completely except to one user perhaps.  Though with a chakra system it would limit it's devastating power a bit.

I do say that a timeline that takes place before established villages would be fun.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 14, 2013, 08:30:46 PM »

Most of the sites I have been involved with had a cap on Clan Member counts. For example only 3 Uchiha at the whole site, 5 Nara, ect.

This was to limit to many people being of one class and KG were never allowed to be stacked.

For characters that had other special traits such as Sage Mode they were not allowed to be of any clan nor host any form of KG or Hidden Jutsu.

I'm not gonna go into details about Rai's site as I feel it is not my place but from what he has told me I think everyone who joins will find it interesting. And I am most certain he will keep the rp fun and fair for all.

I myself have already started to develop a character, which I hope will fit into the plot of the site once it is chosen and what not.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2013, 08:32:30 PM by UettoSenju »

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 14, 2013, 08:52:17 PM »

What about summoning contracts, in SL you have people hogging the animal summons by having two contracts and not letting people sign it all too often. Will there be some way to where you have summoning contracts but also avoid people keeping it for themselves.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2013, 09:00:05 PM »

What about summoning contracts, in SL you have people hogging the animal summons by having two contracts and not letting people sign it all too often. Will there be some way to where you have summoning contracts but also avoid people keeping it for themselves.

Just have it be realistic where the animals hold the contracts? I don't see why we don't do that on SL, I could understand if you invented the blooper shloop creature yourself but it's not like anyone here invented snakes or monkeys.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2013, 10:01:05 PM »

I might see myself being able to help with that as well.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 17, 2013, 08:22:31 PM »

Most of the sites I have been involved with had a cap on Clan Member counts. For example only 3 Uchiha at the whole site, 5 Nara, ect.

This was to limit to many people being of one class and KG were never allowed to be stacked.

For characters that had other special traits such as Sage Mode they were not allowed to be of any clan nor host any form of KG or Hidden Jutsu.

I'm not gonna go into details about Rai's site as I feel it is not my place but from what he has told me I think everyone who joins will find it interesting. And I am most certain he will keep the rp fun and fair for all.

I myself have already started to develop a character, which I hope will fit into the plot of the site once it is chosen and what not.

I like how this was your idea and now you're bowing to Raifudo's way of doing things~

At any right, seems like fun. I can be game for this.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2013, 05:39:21 AM »

I like how this was your idea and now you're bowing to Raifudo's way of doing things~

At any right, seems like fun. I can be game for this.

I'm not bowing to anyone. I just will be lacking the time to do this protect and all due to recent RL issues I am having... this is also the same reason I am handing the rank of sixth Hokage over to Nathan. I lack the ability to juggle all these things that have been thrown at me in RL right not along with creating a forum and stuff of that sort.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2013, 02:17:47 AM »

So I wrote up this system this morning. Lemme know what you guys think; it was on my to-do list from before, but until now did I really see it needed:

Chakra Points = Stamina * 150.

You can only use jutsu if it is within your chakra pool count.
(P.S. I'm thinking of making it so each rank of jutsu that falls within a range [I.E. C ranks are 4-5] can be the difference between a regular jutsu, and an "upgraded" version of that jutsu. For example: Fireball is 4 points. Great Fireball is 5 points. Dunno how it'll work for rank S which is from 7-10 I guess they can pool together and cost 200 each.)

I also have to work on a system for how jutsu can cancel or defeat another. I know elemental affinity will play a part in the formula I'm making. I also have to work on defense and offense jutsu and stats on 'em. Such as using an Earth Wall (rank 4) and then using a great fireball (rank 5). Will it shatter the wall and keep going? Or just shatter the wall. But for now, this:

Stamina needed for jutsu rank:
S: 7-10 (Counts as an 8 for jutsu cost)
A: 7-10
B: 6-10
C: 4-10
D: 2-10
E: 1-10

Chakra Cost = Jutsu Rank * 100 / 4.
E 25
D 50
C 100
B 150
A 175
S 200

(Which means Jounin can crank out 5 S-Rank jutsu total [while using no other jutsu] before collapsing)

If primary element = Jutsu Rank * 100 / 5
E: 20
D: 40
C: 80
B: 120
A: 140
S: 160

(Which means maxed Jounin can crank out 6.5 S-Rank jutsu total [while using no other jutsu] before collapsing)

The scaling seems a bit difficult to balance, but this one - so far - looks pretty good.

I also just realized this goes well with Kakashi who can use his Raikiri (an S-Rank jutsu) six times or more a day before he was done.

Thoughts on the system?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 02:20:10 AM by Raifudo, the Raifudo »

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2013, 03:22:33 AM »

Narutopedia thankfully ranks most techniques for us that are canon, but what are the guidelines for ranking custom techniques and the few non-ranked canon techniques?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »

system seems good but what of countiues jutsu?
They usually coast a certain amount then a fraction of that per post afterwards.

For example [note not using you scale here but a random one]:

Shadow Possession Jutsu is usually C-rank at most sites and coast like 8 chakra points to start using, then every post after that the Nara still uses said shadow is coast 2 chakra points to maintain.

Your scale on points is just a little larger then I'm use to is all that is why I'm asking how it would work. I'm sure it can easily be made like

C-Rank: 100 points to start the jutsu, 25 points to keep it going.

Really that works well as we saw in the chuunin exam Shikamaru had close to that amount of chakra supply consider a post is generally a few seconds and his fight didn't really last that long.

A Genin that would have two points placed in Stamina would get 300 chakra points if I am reading this correctly. So that would be 9 post of using the standard Nara Jutsu before collapsing.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 20, 2013, 05:55:10 AM »

In addition to the above mentioned points, Jutsu from Kekkei Genkai are never given a ranking.
Also, since it was being talked about recently, summons. The size of the summon is limited by the amount of chakra put in, as Jiraiya, when drugged, couldn't gather enough chakra together to summon Gamabunta. Summons need ranks.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 20 queries.