Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: An idea I have been having  (Read 15609 times)

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
Re: An idea I have been having
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 06:11:18 AM »

Narutopedia thankfully ranks most techniques for us that are canon, but what are the guidelines for ranking custom techniques and the few non-ranked canon techniques?

I'm sure we can agree on something on our own. For instance, no one would call a Kirin-like jutsu B rank or C rank considering the requirements and drawbacks.

Also, if the jutsu seems similar to another jutsu that's canon, we can incorporate that rank.

system seems good but what of countiues jutsu?
They usually coast a certain amount then a fraction of that per post afterwards.

For example [note not using you scale here but a random one]:

Shadow Possession Jutsu is usually C-rank at most sites and coast like 8 chakra points to start using, then every post after that the Nara still uses said shadow is coast 2 chakra points to maintain.

Your scale on points is just a little larger then I'm use to is all that is why I'm asking how it would work. I'm sure it can easily be made like

C-Rank: 100 points to start the jutsu, 25 points to keep it going.

Really that works well as we saw in the chuunin exam Shikamaru had close to that amount of chakra supply consider a post is generally a few seconds and his fight didn't really last that long.

A Genin that would have two points placed in Stamina would get 300 chakra points if I am reading this correctly. So that would be 9 post of using the standard Nara Jutsu before collapsing.

We can do the formula still but it might need to scale higher or lower based on the continued jutsu rank.

I.E. an S-rank continued would cost 50 instead of 20 for a C rank.

In addition to the above mentioned points, Jutsu from Kekkei Genkai are never given a ranking.
Also, since it was being talked about recently, summons. The size of the summon is limited by the amount of chakra put in, as Jiraiya, when drugged, couldn't gather enough chakra together to summon Gamabunta. Summons need ranks.

We can give KG jutsu a certain chakra cost based on use.

Rank system of boss summons, troop summons, support summons, and so on to determine chakra cost.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 06:15:28 AM »

In addition to the above mentioned points, Jutsu from Kekkei Genkai are never given a ranking.
Also, since it was being talked about recently, summons. The size of the summon is limited by the amount of chakra put in, as Jiraiya, when drugged, couldn't gather enough chakra together to summon Gamabunta. Summons need ranks.

At forums everything is generally given a rank so that it can fit into play by terms of chakra coast and what ranks can use the jutsu... it is just something I feel that will have to be done.

Also there are always a few jutsu that as all ranks the summoning tech is generally one of them. Depending on the size and rank of what is being summoned determines what rank of a summon it is and therefor how much chakra is used.... plus a Genin can only usually summon up to a c-rank creature or item, which cost them the standard chakra coast of a c-rank jutsu; while a Kage can summon up to an A-rank summon like the Chief Toad... which would coast them the amount of charka to perform the standard A rank jutsu.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2013, 06:20:46 AM »

system seems good but what of countiues jutsu?
They usually coast a certain amount then a fraction of that per post afterwards.

For example [note not using you scale here but a random one]:

Shadow Possession Jutsu is usually C-rank at most sites and coast like 8 chakra points to start using, then every post after that the Nara still uses said shadow is coast 2 chakra points to maintain.

Your scale on points is just a little larger then I'm use to is all that is why I'm asking how it would work. I'm sure it can easily be made like

C-Rank: 100 points to start the jutsu, 25 points to keep it going.

Really that works well as we saw in the chuunin exam Shikamaru had close to that amount of chakra supply consider a post is generally a few seconds and his fight didn't really last that long.

A Genin that would have two points placed in Stamina would get 300 chakra points if I am reading this correctly. So that would be 9 post of using the standard Nara Jutsu before collapsing.

We can do the formula still but it might need to scale higher or lower based on the continued jutsu rank.

I.E. an S-rank continued would cost 50 instead of 20 for a C rank.

That's what I as getting at make it 1/4 or 1/5 the original chakra coast for ever post it stays in play.... also note these post should be followed up in order.

If you were to be using the jutsu and it got cancled then you had to use it again that means you have to start from scratch and it coast the original amount to perform and ever post after goes to the 1/4 or 1/5 coast.

Simply put you can't use Shadow Possession for three post then not use it for four post then use it again for a discount coast without not once again paying the full amount for the jutsu to be used.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 06:22:14 AM by UettoSenju »

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2013, 06:22:17 PM »

I can help out with graphics like banners and icons =]

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2013, 07:06:22 PM »

I'm so frkn down with this.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 09:06:55 PM »

I love you. Just saying.

I'm really liking all this feedback.

Right now I'm overwhelmed with some machines to fix (IT) so I'm lagging it a bit to start up the site. It should be up and running by the end of this week at most, though.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2013, 03:01:03 AM »

I love you. Just saying.

I'm really liking all this feedback.

Right now I'm overwhelmed with some machines to fix (IT) so I'm lagging it a bit to start up the site. It should be up and running by the end of this week at most, though.

By the end of this week?! That's pretty amazing when it comes to making something in your free time. Good looks.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 05:48:25 AM »

Keep us in the loop Rai, we are all look forward to a virgin site to mess up. xD

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2013, 05:53:05 AM »

I might do what Neji does and incorporate a twitter page for the site with updates and stuff.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #54 on: August 21, 2013, 06:31:35 AM »

I might do what Neji does and incorporate a twitter page for the site with updates and stuff.

I don't think I've ever met someone with a twitter.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2013, 03:11:22 AM »

Hi
Someone please e-mail me the website address when it's done.
Thanks.

Ps. My brother is a little bastard but I taught him a bunch of swear words. And I haven't drunken nothin' since he moved in and started mooching off me. He won't even pay for the food he eats, and he eatd a lot.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 25, 2013, 07:16:21 PM »

My flash drive containing the work for the forum is at my mom's house. I won't be visiting her for a few days so I'll launch the site by itself with just the guidelines and the template for what I gotta fill in. That way you guys can work on your characters while I get my info back.

Sorry 'bout that.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2013, 12:51:11 AM »

Could we get a link?

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2013, 02:42:49 AM »

Hey-o.

http://origins.freeforums.org/

Gonna copypasta some template and let you guys work on that until I get my own rolling.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2013, 09:04:32 AM »

Is the RP called "origins"?  Also, if you'd like for me to throw together some GFX for the site, let me know the banner/icon dimensions so I can see what I have to work with 8)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 17 queries.