Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: RIP Claims List?  (Read 10911 times)

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
Re: RIP Claims List?
« Reply #45 on: August 20, 2013, 07:28:41 AM »

I also called for more legit moderating...I personally don't think everyone should have the ability to summon meteors on their enemies. That's just me of course. ^^

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 20, 2013, 10:55:48 AM »

I also called for more legit moderating...I personally don't think everyone should have the ability to summon meteors on their enemies. That's just me of course. ^^

There are a few arguments people have against being moderated in their RP though. (And let's remember these are not my opinions but what I have read about here and on SL itself)

Some people do not believe that this rule making process here on the forums is open enough and that it winds up becoming a simple handful of people who wind up creating new rules for many on SL who have no idea a new rule was made.

Some people just want a more free-form RP style free from people telling them what they're doing is wrong, no matter what the rules are.  They just don't want anyone to have the opportunity to tell them "you're doing this wrong, gtfo." (although granted that can still happen without official rules based on what people find acceptable)

And then there are the other half of people who DO want regulation, set rules, and people to hold others to those values and whatnot.  And they typically say 'let those who don't want to follow our rules just go RP with themselves, we're not stopping them.' 

And the other half goes 'but you're limiting our RP options by changing how villages and everything works.'

Etc, etc.  It goes on and on forever and ever as I've noticed.  And to tell you the truth, neither of them are 'correct' in wanting their version of SL to be dominant.  SL was not intended to be an RP site, there are no official SL rules to RP by and even us GM's are simply here to help start new RP's, not to regulate or uphold any rules in place.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 20, 2013, 04:07:44 PM »

...SL was not intended to be an RP site, there are no official SL rules to RP by and even us GM's are simply here to help start new RP's, not to regulate or uphold any rules in place.

If I may make a joke here, is this suggesting that the GM's are not doing their jobs anyways?  ;)

But jokes aside, removing the claims list was supposed to allow more free borne claiming; it is not going to remove the glass ceiling. If anything, it'll raise it to where we have far more people claiming (or creating) more.

Not a terrible thing, but if your goal was to stop everyone from claiming a bunch of stuff, then this thread is heading in the wrong direction. I thought we were removing the list to make it easier for people to get stuff.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #48 on: August 20, 2013, 07:34:13 PM »

The point of the thread is not to make people more OP, if I saw some claim everything that was on the claims list after it got removed I would punt them into the sun. We all have common sense when it comes to extremes like that, it's why there did not need to be a rule saying that you can't have Rinnegan and Sage Mode.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 20, 2013, 08:21:42 PM »

Because the resets don't work like that. I'm willing to bet someone would have claimed both sage mode and rinnegan were they given the chance.

And one person claiming everything is ludicrious anyways. Zenaku would be the only one who could defend all that stuff from challengers. xD

I would say most of us have the courtesy to not go to extremes like that.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 20, 2013, 09:31:30 PM »

Soul removal on a Child of Prophecy, what now!? >:3

Actually contributing to the topic, well... Kyu is right. As far as the rules of Shinobi Legends goes, there is not space for having RP moderated except for content that breaks site rules.

Even things that all of us know are not kosher, like autohitting, what does Neji say about autohitting in the rules? "You can do it, but other people probably won't want to play with you."

Since there's no room 'officially' for moderation of any kind, all we can really do is agree on something and try to lead by example for the rest of the community. Regardless of how we go about that, it needs to be made public knowledge.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 20, 2013, 11:31:50 PM »

I'm willing to bet someone would have claimed both sage mode and rinnegan were they given the chance.

Still waiting on that one.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 21, 2013, 11:30:20 AM »

I'm willing to bet someone would have claimed both sage mode and rinnegan were they given the chance.

They can't currently do it even semi-legitly because of how the resets are set up.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 21, 2013, 11:49:45 PM »

They can't currently do it even semi-legitly because of how the resets are set up.

Claim Sage Mode on a character and then get a Rinnegan implant from another character; how isn't that even remotely-legit (aside from being well, OP)? The majority apparently decided that Rinnegan resets weren't necessary for one to be able to use an implanted Rinnegan, so this should be 'legit' (still not allowed, though).

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2013, 12:19:55 AM »

Claim Sage Mode on a character and then get a Rinnegan implant from another character; how isn't that even remotely-legit (aside from being well, OP)? The majority apparently decided that Rinnegan resets weren't necessary for one to be able to use an implanted Rinnegan, so this should be 'legit' (still not allowed, though).

You could claim that since your eyes change with most Sage Modes doujutsu wouldn't work.

Luka

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2013, 12:38:38 AM »

Naruto's Kyuubi mode pupils mixed with Sage Mode eyes to  make those weird plus sign things. So,  who knows?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2013, 12:59:56 AM »

You could claim that since your eyes change with most Sage Modes doujutsu wouldn't work.

Should probably tell that to every else who's been using Sage Mode + Sharingan.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2013, 01:27:42 AM »

I personally don't care, I'm just pointing it out.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2013, 05:31:42 AM »

I suppose it's a possible thought. Sage Mode user getting Rinnegan implants, I guess that wouldn't exactly be completely out of line, though they would suffer deficets if they didn't have the proper body to handle it (use more chakra is all).

So while I guess it's possible to legitly do it, that only reinforces the point that someone would attempt to claim it at some point, especially since we've had this little discussion. xD

sploofmoof

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 22, 2013, 06:16:02 AM »

I suppose it's a possible thought. Sage Mode user getting Rinnegan implants, I guess that wouldn't exactly be completely out of line, though they would suffer deficets if they didn't have the proper body to handle it (use more chakra is all).

So while I guess it's possible to legitly do it, that only reinforces the point that someone would attempt to claim it at some point, especially since we've had this little discussion. xD

I highly doubt this is the first time anyone's ever thought about that happening >.>

I like to believe someone hasn't tried to seriously do it yet because they know that literally no one would take them seriously.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.083 seconds with 21 queries.