Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Role Playing Ideas  (Read 4686 times)

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
Role Playing Ideas
« on: August 18, 2013, 09:59:36 AM »

« Last Edit: June 01, 2015, 09:07:47 PM by KayentaMoenkopi »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Role Playing Ideas
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2013, 04:27:04 PM »

World War?

I know it's a touchy subject, but you can not argue that during times of war rp is at its greatest height.

Other then that perhaps the villages can start interacting more... you know missions and such where village A goes to help village B. I handed the position of Hokage over to Nathan cause I will be lacking the time to do much of anything for awhile but I could be interested into helping out with this idea the best I could.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2013, 05:14:15 PM »

World War, as great as that would be, wouldn't work in hindsight. Kay made an interesting point in another thread, and it would be hard to have a real world war with two major separate RPing styles clashing constantly. 

It would be easier to, yeah, have missions between the villages, though we'll kind of need GM's to help with that. Some random celebrations would be nice too. We've had celebrations before, but in order to have one to stimulate overall RP, we'd need to break down some barriers first, both literal and figuratively.

No world war is going to be breaking out anytime soon, not with the way things are going with all main villages allying and all that. So, how about a celebration in Jisiegakure, where we don't bring on the usual rules of engagement and RP with us? Auto-entry, random stuff, and all could even be allowed.

And since it's Jisiegakure, no major compromise will have to be made at this point regarding village securities other than maybe having your shinobi leave the village or whatever. Hosting the event could be the active GM's and/or Kages of the realm.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2013, 07:02:46 PM »

I handed the position of Hokage over to Nathan

RIP Konoha.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2013, 08:56:50 PM »

Haven't we already tried the war idea? I think all it leads to is more rp stall and fighting. How about you take out the 'vs' part between each village? Make it cooperative, like said.

Have village A and village B collaborate ninja's to go after objective 1. Then to maybe spice up this little unity you have a squad of rouge ninja attack? (Rouges being controlled by others)

We could even dwell into creating our own back stories for things such as the Kaguya clan. That clan has very little show time in Naruto and since a lot use it we could plop it in or something?
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2013, 09:29:50 PM »

I'm trying to keep Oto busy as much as possible. With the whole tournament and a planned npc war.

If there was a major war arc, it'd have to be pretty darn organized. Plus more creative, wars are pretty boring if you siege the village right off the back. If there was a war arc, I'd like to see more npc fodder involvement, instead of five op people fighting a village. But wars are hard due to inactivity and such.

Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2013, 10:14:17 PM »

Sounds like there is a suggestion to break down the village-clans of the major nations for the sake of convenience. I think I like that idea.  :twisted:  :P
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2013, 10:45:30 PM »

I think everyone should come together and nerf themselves. Everyone doesn't need to know every element and  everyone certainly does not have massive chakra, things of the latter. People sign and/or obtain a summoning scroll and immediately have dozens if not tons of summons within the same hour of doing such...seems things like this keeps disorder and these constant arguments.

It's obvious some of us that focus on village-clan rp will be stronger than others in terms of KG's, Items, jutsu knowledge. This doesn't mean you cannot beat someone of Kage level being a mere Chūnin, anything is possible. If you doubt your skills, take your time and rp getting stronger physically or increase your durability or chakra control. Maybe if we can get the few that enjoy village-clan rp to nerf their characters and actually have a legit Chūnin or Jōnin level shinobi we can begin to control our side of rp more precisely. Knowing when someone's chakra will run out or having to find out your opponents weakness mid-fight if not found out earlier IC. I know a few who would search for a weakness to someone in their bio then implement something into theirs just so they could gain the advantage and 'somehow' just happen to use the right element or moves.

Element wise, not everyone knows a extensive amount of jutsu even though some of us create jutsu on the spot, it would be nice if we could limit this. There would be no efficient way to control this though since there's always one who will claim to know 100 techniques of one element...sad, but it can't be controlled.

I guess my post is to say if we got our kind (Village-clan roleplayers) to actually stop being op just because they see someone claiming massive chakra and they don't want to run out before them so they claim it too, then maybe we can get to a start of getting this ideal roleplay we would like to have.
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2013, 02:41:38 AM »

Jolt I feel your post was meant for another topic rather than this one...might just be me. >>;

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2013, 03:20:38 AM »

Fine speech Jolt, but the only nerf that would do the trick would either involve numbers or revert us back to pre-shippuden era. And that's a lot of backtracking we'd have to do. xD

Jolt

• Warning: HIGH VOLTAGE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2013, 04:00:48 AM »

Fine speech Jolt, but the only nerf that would do the trick would either involve numbers or revert us back to pre-shippuden era. And that's a lot of backtracking we'd have to do. xD

Would be nice anyway.  :D
Ever wonder how 10,000,000 watts through your whole body felt? I can demonstrate that for you.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2013, 04:05:37 AM »

Slightly off topic, Shadow introduced a method to give a people of SL a MINOR nerf, but it was shot down and utterly obliterated. If that couldn't get passed, no way is going back to pre-shippuden.

On topic: Kay has a point, small group rp's generally work out better. I know everyone wants that massive roleplay of numerous individuals, but in most cases it is unrealistic.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2013, 04:43:04 AM »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2013, 05:46:10 AM »

It is hard to get everyone of board for this nerfing of characters ordeal for the simple reason we are free to make our characters as we wish. I am not saying that those who have done such are in the wrong because I myself have made Uetto a man of many talents... although I tried to stick to making him more of a refined OPness by limiting him in several ways.

I do recall that thread and would love to see it put into play were people started submitting their character profiles here on the forum. A template for character creation and such could be made..... and we could perhaps vote of having some moderators of these profiles to look after abasement and such.  But like I said this is hard to start doing...

Anyways, once I can start rping more frequently I may just spice up the world a bit by making Uetto go rouge and such... throw a few of my own twist into things. I know a certain Dragon Android I would possibly be interested in teaming up with and perhaps the fastest man every could join as well....

Edit in: Maybe instead of trying to create a forum in the future I should invest time into create a system here at SL for those who wish to follow... and try to promote less OPness. It would maybe be a lost cause but hey if I could just reach 10-15 people that would do some good would it not?
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:52:09 AM by UettoSenju »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2013, 05:51:13 AM »

I know a certain Dragon Android I would possibly be interested in teaming up with and perhaps the fastest man every could join as well....

Lets paint the world red. And black. And blue. And green, purple, brown, pink, violet, indigo, aqua and orange. But not yellow, yellow looks terrible.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 21 queries.