Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Role Playing Ideas  (Read 4645 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Role Playing Ideas
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2013, 06:09:22 AM »

I know a certain Dragon Android I would possibly be interested in teaming up with and perhaps the fastest man every could join as well....

Lets paint the world red. And black. And blue. And green, purple, brown, pink, violet, indigo, aqua and orange. But not yellow, yellow looks terrible.

He's right, yellow does look terrible.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 06:46:04 AM »

What do you mean, yellow is perfect! Just reference all of these smiles:

:roll: :evil: :cool: :) :D :?: :-x :) ;) :eek: :-? :cry: :twisted: :shock: ;) :D :( :o 8) :P

More on topic, the suggestion on nerfing of characters, that thread, I remember commenting in it. I don't recall where it went though. Was it rejected or something?

Nerfing characters is one thing, changing the way we play and work is another, since that seems to be what puts us in the spotlight. Minato + Hashirama + Madara vs the world would have probably meant the end of the manga by now.

Small things intertwined with larger things would keep things SL-wide without having everyone post dependant on each other. Post orders are sometimes necessary but somewhat cumbersome, since you can't just move on in the RP when you're waiting for the other guy to post. On the other hand, posting hell ensues if there is none and there are more than 3 people RPing.

Nevertheless (forgive me ladies if any offense) I say we just get three baths, put some good ladies and booze in there, and just see what kind of RP flocks to it. Do it late at night when the creeps and horn dogs get on and just maybe the moderators might have to actually tone down content in the village boards. :D

Make it steamy. Make it scandalous. Or, make it silly, make it fun. Or just make it serious and hammer filled. Diversify the RP in the boards, like, Minto's book RP that I think is still going on. Some entertaining bits like that. If it starts with 1 then evolves, who knows, maybe Konoha can be as fun as Suna, and we get Kay and her peeps to come to our village for a change.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2013, 03:49:52 AM »

Had planned to go to Kiri for their festival but then all the RL stuff took place and I haven't rped sense and probably want rp at SL for awhile (with the exception or my biju match and if I should be needed to defend Konoha) . I really hate that I missed it... I love parties...

And I have never liked the backflash rp... just my persinal taste though.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:54:32 AM by UettoSenju »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2013, 11:18:51 AM »

We do have quite some catching up to do don't we... I didn't go to Kiri since I was a bit RP locked for the time being. The past-present thing is fun in measures, but to have everyone start doing it on the boards might convolute things a little bit.

I suppose I could have sent someone in my stead, I mean, it's not like I don't have a rep or anything... I dunno, Eric has never been a fan of Mist ninja anyways, though I guess that's not the greatest excuse in the world for the situation.

Past-Present thing, in hindsight, would actually be rather convenient if you have two characters. One to RP the past, one to RP the present.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Keito Uzumaki

• "Your opinion means very little to me."
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 02:08:16 PM »

Well that would promote great character development, keep in mind one doesn't try to add in an OP jutsu learning way back when they were a child, to be able to master it in their current state or something to such extent.
Though it would surly be great for people to start actually Role-Playing their characters life rather than mostly making a profile suited for all out zone slaying, unless that is what one wishes their character to be. Either way why deny someone whom truly wishes to rp their character fully, from birth to death given the time frame of our human lives and the many creative minds it is possible.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 06:22:46 PM »

Nevertheless (forgive me ladies if any offense) I say we just get three baths, put some good ladies and booze in there, and just see what kind of RP flocks to it. Do it late at night when the creeps and horn dogs get on and just maybe the moderators might have to actually tone down content in the village boards. :D

Lets have an Oiroke no Jutsu contest between all the villages.  I'll be judge ;D

But besides that point, I have to agree.  I don't necessarily believe that village(s) vs village(s) war is a constructive way to produce activity.  Yes I'm sure people will RP more than they do now, but it'll also increase OOC arguments exponentially.  I have yet to be around during a large war, but by judging how people behave during small organized battles...It won't be good.

I think this is probably because nobody here wants to actually be on a "losing team".   When you have two people who refuse to lose, you get an OOC fight.  I can completely understand this mentality because on SL if you lose a fight you lose not just pride, but jutsu, eyes, body parts, or even the rights to RP your own character.  Anyone can see how that encourages bumping characters past the OP level just to protect themselves and their creative rights.

I would suggest starting off with a trial run by having a short site-wide event.  However, it'll be more of an event where we all plot together to come up with a common NPC "bad guy" that can force the villages to either fight together or defend themselves solo from armies of "attackers".  We pretty much make up our own version of Madara/Obito as NPCs.

This will require work though since some of us would have to volunteer to control these NPCs (can't bring all the work down on the GMs).  Not only would this spur activity as most village attacks do, but when IC fights start, there will also be no eminent feelings of "if I lose, so and so will take my stuff, so I'll make a big OOC argument and have the fight voided."  Bad guys can be scaled to the level of the people fighting, which also allows younger RPers to participate instead of watching the big kids from the sidelines.  The way these kind of multiple NPC mini-events work also encourages RPs between maybe 3-4 people instead of an entire village focusing on one single attacker (RP between 6+).

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2013, 05:21:19 AM »

Clan wars were so much better..... just saying.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #22 on: August 23, 2013, 06:46:45 AM »

Morgoth Bauglir

• Am i the only whom will kill for fried chicken -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 23, 2013, 07:44:58 PM »

Yay!!! My book

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 23, 2013, 07:59:22 PM »

I'm sure also during those clan wars (least when I had been around for them) it wasn't a requirement to die if you died ya know. As Zojin said, nobody wants to be the loser and pay the piper, cause the piper demands blood half the time.

I like Zojin's idea of NPC's. Clan wars is gone till we get rid of the village system again, and this idea works with the system we already have in place, more or less.

The main question is who is to play the NPC's? Playing the NPC's for your own village would be difficult if not somewhat controversial, since your character kind of lives there and all. If anything, RPers from different villages should RP the NPC's to make it somewhat reasonable. I already got an idea or two for Kiri.  :twisted:

Of course, this all would take time to complete, and we've lost most if not all of the summertime to do it at.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 02, 2013, 03:24:27 AM »

I'm sure also during those clan wars (least when I had been around for them) it wasn't a requirement to die if you died ya know. As Zojin said, nobody wants to be the loser and pay the piper, cause the piper demands blood half the time.

I like Zojin's idea of NPC's. Clan wars is gone till we get rid of the village system again, and this idea works with the system we already have in place, more or less.

The main question is who is to play the NPC's? Playing the NPC's for your own village would be difficult if not somewhat controversial, since your character kind of lives there and all. If anything, RPers from different villages should RP the NPC's to make it somewhat reasonable. I already got an idea or two for Kiri.  :twisted:

Of course, this all would take time to complete, and we've lost most if not all of the summertime to do it at.

I honestly don't get the whole reason people hate to see their characters die... I know I know you work hard on them. I have heard that line. Hell I have spent years on Uetto but his whole purpose is to die in battle.

Character death should be natural in my opinion.... just like birth. And this is rp so you can always create a new character.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2013, 04:13:46 AM »

I honestly don't get the whole reason people hate to see their characters die... I know I know you work hard on them. I have heard that line. Hell I have spent years on Uetto but his whole purpose is to die in battle.

Character death should be natural in my opinion.... just like birth. And this is rp so you can always create a new character.

But that new character is not the same. It will never be the same. I came back to this site and created a different character, but... It just wasn't the same as my original. And recently, I've sadly had to admit that it will never again be the same even now that I'm RPing as my old character.

It's like having children that you mold and manipulate all their lives. They're not just disposable, they're a sort of investment of time and resources, of ideas and creative flow. Maybe it's because you 've been RPing on many different forum based games so you might not fully get it.

This was my first RP site, and even now, I don't exactly have a large list of other RP sites that are not MMOs. The few characters I have here... They're my RPing bunch tied in a knot really. If they have to die, so be it, but if they don't have to, then I won't put them down.
Pages: 1 [2]

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 16 queries.