Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Tailed Beast Rules Discussion  (Read 12245 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Tailed Beast Rules Discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 06:48:28 AM »

Yeah so far we need to decide if any of these are rules.

#1 Once the two combatants decide on a judge that person must be used as the judge for that fight from then on, barring extenuating circumstances.

#2 The Host of the bijuu can set rules for the match that the challenger must follow, apparently even in the middle of the match such as no KG, banned jutsu, etc etc.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 12:25:16 PM »

Having played a part in the creating of the bijuu rules and being a jinchuuriki i'd have to speak from my experience in the past. For one, a host can establish rules for their bijuu match as long as

A) They don't conflict with the established rules already in play. Things such as changing the overall makeup of the bijuu. Example being creating a four tailed bat bijuu or something outrageous like that.

B) They are discussed and agreed upon by both parties BEFORE the match. Such as my rule of all challenges against me be in character and i reserve the right to make it a death match should i be the victor.

We purposely left certain parts open for the challenger and the host to discuss allowing a degree of creative control. That being said, the bijuu matches have always been with the understanding that if you have the resets for said claims then you can use said claims. If you want to bar those uses then again, that fall under the discussion between the two of you BEFORE the match begins. If you don't like the hosts rules then nobody is making you challenge them.

:D
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2013, 09:53:07 PM »

Ok you kinda contradicted yourself there Zen. You said that it is supposed to be discussed during the pre-match stuff like I thought but then if you don't like them not to challenge them. So which is it? Do they get to make up rules on their own or not?

edit: JK, I read it again and understand it now.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2013, 10:16:10 PM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2013, 12:59:11 AM »

So if I did not want them to use their in-game resets, such as Rinnegan, then if they don't agree to it, then I don't have to fight them?  :-?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2013, 01:49:16 AM »

Nooooooo. >>

Ratatosk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2013, 02:28:50 AM »

From the way I see how these "rules" are set. It gives the jinchuuriki a major advantage as they can void all in-game resets to the challeneger and yet they can use their own if they have any. Sounds pretty unfair to me.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 02:45:51 AM »

From the way I see how these "rules" are set. It gives the jinchuuriki a major advantage as they can void all in-game resets to the challeneger and yet they can use their own if they have any. Sounds pretty unfair to me.

Zenaku did explain this. As long as the Host's rules don't conflict with established in game rules and they are discussed and agreed upon they can do it. So no you can't force someone to follow rules.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 06:50:06 PM »

Voiding all in-game resets would be taking things a little far, even from a host standpoint, but from the way Zenaku ended his statement, it doesn't seem as if the host is obligated to fight under unfavorable conditions.

It is slightly contradictory, but this is all before the match date has even be set, so it definitely falls under the category of 'before the match begins'. And if they aren't agreed upon, it seems the challenger doesn't have to challenge the host at all if they don't want to go by the host's rules.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2013, 07:25:45 PM »

Having played a part in the creating of the bijuu rules and being a jinchuuriki i'd have to speak from my experience in the past. For one, a host can establish rules for their bijuu match as long as

A) They don't conflict with the established rules already in play. Things such as changing the overall makeup of the bijuu. Example being creating a four tailed bat bijuu or something outrageous like that.

B) They are discussed and agreed upon by both parties BEFORE the match. Such as my rule of all challenges against me be in character and i reserve the right to make it a death match should i be the victor.

We purposely left certain parts open for the challenger and the host to discuss allowing a degree of creative control. That being said, the bijuu matches have always been with the understanding that if you have the resets for said claims then you can use said claims. If you want to bar those uses then again, that fall under the discussion between the two of you BEFORE the match begins. If you don't like the hosts rules then nobody is making you challenge them.

:D

This. I had already been arguing with you in our previous battle so I didn't feel like stating the obvious in our PMs. Also, I did say if you don't like it then don't challenge the Jinchuriki. Just like in RP if someone, for example, voids Rinnegan despite the person having the reborns then they will most likely ignore you if you RP with them and then use it.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2013, 10:30:11 PM »

Voiding all in-game resets would be taking things a little far, even from a host standpoint, but from the way Zenaku ended his statement, it doesn't seem as if the host is obligated to fight under unfavorable conditions.

It is slightly contradictory, but this is all before the match date has even be set, so it definitely falls under the category of 'before the match begins'. And if they aren't agreed upon, it seems the challenger doesn't have to challenge the host at all if they don't want to go by the host's rules.

I think that is pretty accurate. The host can still discuss wanting to ban a dozen things and you don't have to fight them if you don't want to go through their list with them.

This. I had already been arguing with you in our previous battle so I didn't feel like stating the obvious in our PMs. Also, I did say if you don't like it then don't challenge the Jinchuriki. Just like in RP if someone, for example, voids Rinnegan despite the person having the reborns then they will most likely ignore you if you RP with them and then use it.

I don't believe I've fought you before, if I had I probably wouldn't have been surprised by you saying you could just ban the use of my jutsu in the middle of the match so I couldn't beat you, which slightly contradicts your claim that you follow the rules as Zen stated.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2013, 12:55:51 AM »

I always found it stupid that a host can challenge another host.

If you ask me three new rules need to constructed to prevent OP BS from occurring like in the manga:
1. No current host can challenge for another tailed beast... hell I'd even say they shouldn't be able to with an alt. I just think it stupid, bluntly.

2. If you can not host a tailed beast then you can not challenge... like in the case of Kamui. No offence to you my friend I just feel that who ever if fighting for the beast should have to host it if they win not store it away or give it to another.

3. Tailed Beast can not be stored/ sealed into anything but a playable character at SL. Meaning no village can hold a tailed beast in a jar of sorts or anything like that.... really it is just dumb.

Placing those three rules into play would make the tailed beast thing more interesting as it opens up a slot for perhaps the lesser skilled rpers to have a chance at obtaining one of the beast. Plus it prevents them from being hogged.... I don't care about some great plan to get them all to take over the world. If you want to do that then start a criminal organization with nine members in it that can each go out and obtain the beast. 

As for hat rules the host can make in pertaining to there matches. I think you should have to follow all legit claims and allow it. You are a host, an elite, you should be able to handle it. How can you become better if you do not allow yourself to be challenged fully?

It is like when I heard so much bickering about how I let Kamui claim all his stuff in our match because some was suppose to be void due to his time of death and edo zombie rules, blablabla... I even allowed him to level and gain a mastery in Mokuton after the battle had begun.

Rakudo if I am not mistaken you were one to keep pointing this out to me and make a fuss over it so funny how you turn sides when it is pointed at you now.... the sheer fact of the matter is the more you allow your opponent to claim the more fun it is for you.

I allowed Kamui to have all that and I think the two of us rather enjoyed our battle quite well. *thumbs up to the last man to fight Uetto ever*

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2013, 05:08:35 AM »

Fighting Rakduo (or even me on occasion) is not fun. It is a part-time job, a duty of sorts.  8)

Nevertheless, that third rule is somewhat unconventional due to the activity of players and all. Granted, yes, a jar, a glass jar or pottery one, like, seriously? But to have it be forced to be in a player is a bit much, especially since we're back into the fall-winter season.

The first rule I have no qualms about, especially since it combines with rule two, as you cannot host two tailed beasts at a time unless you combine them in some shape or form.

Becoming better is done during spars/zone fights. Biju battles (from what I've gathered) is more like a mundane task that has to be done in order to keep the beast, not something you really enjoy doing or seek to use as an improvement tool (unless that's the only way you find yourself challenged, like in your case Kirk).

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2013, 06:44:19 AM »

I didn't know you were letting Kamui do it in spite of the rules till you told me Kirk, I thought you didn't know he was doing that.

I don't like this idea obviously, nor do I see the logic behind it. Kirk you say "You are a host, an elite, you should be able to handle it. How can you become better if you do not allow yourself to be challenged fully?" but then want it so they don't have to fight any of the other "elites". So if I can't challenge with my main who has a bijuu or any alts then my only option is to attack the village in rp with a group of people. I don't see why anyone would want to make the only option wholesale slaughter. Essentially you are gonna be forcing the whole village to deal with a bijuu challenge instead of just the hosts.

I also feel kind of odd hearing new rules we should follow proposed by someone who quit the game and therefor will never have to deal with them, but maybe that is just me.  :-?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2013, 07:32:39 AM »

I don't see why anyone would want to make the only option wholesale slaughter. Essentially you are gonna be forcing the whole village to deal with a bijuu challenge instead of just the hosts.

Because haphazard slaughter's fun?

Well, at least these challenges would be more dynamic and more relative to the series in that bijuu are entities treasured enough for an entire village to have to experience some war or assassination-centric arc. If the village doesn't like it, then banish/extradite the host. If the bijuu's sealed within the leader of the village, then overthrow/kill/chase them out, simple (or just leave the village until you can muster a force capable of doing the aforementioned, that works too).

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2013, 07:38:23 AM »

I don't see why anyone would want to make the only option wholesale slaughter. Essentially you are gonna be forcing the whole village to deal with a bijuu challenge instead of just the hosts.

Because haphazard slaughter's fun?

Well, at least these challenges would be more dynamic and more relative to the series in that bijuu are entities treasured enough for an entire village to have to experience some war or assassination-centric arc. If the village doesn't like it, then banish/extradite the host. If the bijuu's sealed within the leader of the village, then overthrow/kill/chase them out, simple (or just leave the village until you can muster a force capable of doing the aforementioned, that works too).

But everyone hated the bijuu in the series xD villages were attacked in 2 out of 9 attempts. I don't really see the point in barring all jinchuriki, and Kamui, because screw that guy, from being able to bijuu challenge.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.