Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Tailed Beast Rules Discussion  (Read 12244 times)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Tailed Beast Rules Discussion
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2013, 07:55:08 AM »

I don't see why anyone would want to make the only option wholesale slaughter. Essentially you are gonna be forcing the whole village to deal with a bijuu challenge instead of just the hosts.

Because haphazard slaughter's fun?

Well, at least these challenges would be more dynamic and more relative to the series in that bijuu are entities treasured enough for an entire village to have to experience some war or assassination-centric arc. If the village doesn't like it, then banish/extradite the host. If the bijuu's sealed within the leader of the village, then overthrow/kill/chase them out, simple (or just leave the village until you can muster a force capable of doing the aforementioned, that works too).

But everyone hated the bijuu in the series xD villages were attacked in 2 out of 9 attempts. I don't really see the point in barring all jinchuriki, and Kamui, because screw that guy, from being able to bijuu challenge.

We gotta give everyone then more of a reason to hate them so they won't want them!

2/9 attempts is terrible. But then again the reasoning for farming them in that arc (if you can even call it one) was also terrible (because everybody virtually got theirs back). If the hunters are farming the buggers with malicious intent, I'm sure that their hosts will be much less obliged to hand theirs over (because well, they'd outright die doing so).

Personally I find that the challengers in bijuu battles should be placed at a disadvantage, distinctive or no. Don't like it? Attack the village they're hiding in. Destroyed the village and still can't find them? Who cares, you now have a village at your mercy. Challengers are being given the privilege to issue a direct challenge, bypassing God-knows-how-many-walls separate them from the host. That alone is considerably generous, so if jinchuuriki are going to be able to issue challenges when they've got their excuse for near-infinite chakra, then I daresay handicap them at will to whatever extent's remotely agreeable.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2013, 08:04:13 AM »

It's why if anyone challenges me I usually ask for it to be IC, if you are gonna challenge me I'm going to try and kill you so you won't be doing it again.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2013, 08:17:31 AM »

I don't see why anyone would want to make the only option wholesale slaughter. Essentially you are gonna be forcing the whole village to deal with a bijuu challenge instead of just the hosts.

Because haphazard slaughter's fun?

Well, at least these challenges would be more dynamic and more relative to the series in that bijuu are entities treasured enough for an entire village to have to experience some war or assassination-centric arc. If the village doesn't like it, then banish/extradite the host. If the bijuu's sealed within the leader of the village, then overthrow/kill/chase them out, simple (or just leave the village until you can muster a force capable of doing the aforementioned, that works too).

People generally do hate the biju. I mean, I became the host of one for goodness sake! Few people are climbing over each other to get the beasts in the first place, at least not in Konoha they aren't/weren't.

And no, haphazard slaugher is not fun, especially not for the victims or (if the defenders have anything to say about it) the attacker. The last time 'slaughter' took place, it was either single guy RPing the destruction or a battle broken down to a bitter OOC fight.

The 2/9 attempts is in regard to the villages in the series; Konoha and Suna are the only ones shown getting jacked up for their biju ( 1 and 9 tails respectively, which carries some irony to it I guess) while most any other shown getting captured were usually caught outside of their villages.

While making an entire village deal with biju challenges makes sense series-wise, it doesn't hold much more SL logic than outright getting rid of the pesky beasts altogether. Wait a minute... That's a great idea! Getting rid of the biju would make the world one step closer to making sense again! xD
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2013, 08:19:41 AM »

Getting rid of the biju would make the world one step closer to making sense again! xD

Let's do it.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 08:20:04 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2013, 09:20:17 AM »

I vote we remove chakra all together, since the ninja's and the fighting aspect of the game seems to only cause trouble.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2013, 02:58:32 PM »

I vote we remove organisms altogether, because they're only good at dying.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »

The whole point in not allowing the village to 'store' the Buji makes sense to me. Seal it into someone... why does it always have to be the strongest in the village?

Plus I don't say get rid of Tailed Beast but rather the Tailed Beast challenges.... honestly this is a rp site. Why not do something that will aid in building better story lines?

Making it to where you have to track down the host does create a much great rp scheme of things. And may just encourage some rp.

@Rakudo: I am still apart of the SL community. Until Neji tells me to mine my own then I will make my contribution... There are those out there that do like to hear my input regardless of how you feel about it. I am not trying to enforce rules on SL but rather present some ideas for you guys to talk over.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2013, 04:53:06 PM »

The Tailed Beasts are usually a sign of power and dominance to some villages. So of course there will be some incentive from a village to put up defenses against oncoming attackers. But that's not really the case with everyone, as some individuals have risen to be equal to the level of power of a Tailed Beast. Or even greater.

If they really matter so much to people and make a village's e-peen bigger, then I'm pretty sure that war against villages with more Tailed Beasts would have already broken out. Or will break out sometime. But this is just speculation.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2013, 06:12:16 PM »

This is getting really off topic,I just wanted to talk about whether a few things were rules or not.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2013, 06:16:47 PM »

The Tailed Beasts are usually a sign of power and dominance to some villages. So of course there will be some incentive from a village to put up defenses against oncoming attackers. But that's not really the case with everyone, as some individuals have risen to be equal to the level of power of a Tailed Beast. Or even greater.

If they really matter so much to people and make a village's e-peen bigger, then I'm pretty sure that war against villages with more Tailed Beasts would have already broken out. Or will break out sometime. But this is just speculation.

Why go to war when you can just send one person to challenge for them all? The challenging system kills story line rp.

And I know the argument that war or invasion are stupid because of the ooc bs... well I recall a time when SL had wars and village invasions that went quite well. Probably due to the rpers being accustom to how to conduct themselves in those times... this new generation doesn't understand those methods for they have never been presented with a good war or anything of the sort.

If SL could stop being assholes to each other and work together in rp regardless if you are pinned against each other or not the story lines would be much greater.

@Rakudo: I thought we were talking about the rules in general? SO would that leave it open to discuss making new rules? After all the title to the topic is 'Tailed Beast Rules Discussion'

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2013, 06:20:31 PM »

That's the title it isn't what I posted about though. My purpose is done, so we should start a new topic about new rules if we want to continue this so there isn't 3 meaningless pages in front of what we are talking about.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2013, 09:23:44 PM »

Voiding all in-game resets would be taking things a little far, even from a host standpoint, but from the way Zenaku ended his statement, it doesn't seem as if the host is obligated to fight under unfavorable conditions.

It is slightly contradictory, but this is all before the match date has even be set, so it definitely falls under the category of 'before the match begins'. And if they aren't agreed upon, it seems the challenger doesn't have to challenge the host at all if they don't want to go by the host's rules.

I think that is pretty accurate. The host can still discuss wanting to ban a dozen things and you don't have to fight them if you don't want to go through their list with them.

This. I had already been arguing with you in our previous battle so I didn't feel like stating the obvious in our PMs. Also, I did say if you don't like it then don't challenge the Jinchuriki. Just like in RP if someone, for example, voids Rinnegan despite the person having the reborns then they will most likely ignore you if you RP with them and then use it.

I don't believe I've fought you before, if I had I probably wouldn't have been surprised by you saying you could just ban the use of my jutsu in the middle of the match so I couldn't beat you, which slightly contradicts your claim that you follow the rules as Zen stated.

I said I didn't feel like explaining it to you -- the Eric situation -- because you annoyed me in our previous argument with our fight. Also, I do follow the rules. I didn't ban the use of your jutsu but I was assuming that, by allowing you to use the Sharingan Rinnegan combo, whatever version of Kamui you used first was the only one you'd get but Kyu told me otherwise.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2013, 10:34:15 PM »

Here's a little rule/suggestion that I would like to suggest.

1) If both users cannot get along despite their indifference in a Jinchuuriki fight then neither are fit to continue such a challenge until they are willing to compromise to the situation at hand. (Judges are brought in)

2) Users are only allowed to undergo one challenge per Jinchuuriki fight. (This includes alternates accounts)

3) Prior to challenges for Jinchuuriki fights, that user must state if it is IC or OOC in order to avoid confusion between the users.

These are little suggestions I came up with while observing you guys and from past experience myself as a former jinchuuriki. :oops:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2013, 10:35:20 PM by Camel »

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2013, 11:11:04 PM »

I'm not sure what you mean by #2 there.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2013, 01:52:30 AM »

I'm not sure what you mean by #2 there.

To bluntly explain it, well...if a Jinchuuriki has to defend against his challenger then it's his priority to finish up that match before taking on any other challenges.
In other words, no two "bijuu" challenges going on at once by that same user on two separate accounts.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 16 queries.