Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Tailed Beast Rules Discussion  (Read 12239 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Tailed Beast Rules Discussion
« on: September 21, 2013, 07:44:42 AM »

So I am having some problems with recent Bijuu Battles, and things that are claimed to be rules are being brought up, and none of them are on the rules list. I'm in a fight with Nathan and I will be in one with Eric and both of them are doing this. The main issue here is that every Leaf nin I've challenged, now Jolt, Nathan, and Eric, have told me that the host can pretty much make/add any rules they want, before and during the fight. I just had this exchange with Nathan.

---Original Message from Lazy Hokage, Nathan(2013-09-21 05:26:37)---
Jinchuriki make the rules. If they don't like things like Rinnegan and void it then you have to abide by it or don't challenge them.
---Original Message from Madara Uchiha(2013-09-21 05:19:44)---
I'm really missing the part in the bijuu rules where it says "And the host cant set any and all rules they like, no questions asked."
---Original Message from Lazy Hokage, Nathan(2013-09-21 05:18:38)---
Well, he can. If he voids Mangekyo and Rinnegan then there isn't any thing you can do about it because you're challenging him.
---Original Message from Madara Uchiha(2013-09-21 05:17:22)---
And my fight with Eric has not started yet and we already need a judge. He says I can't use my Mangekyo or Rinnegan resets because he just doesn't like them.

Like that exchange says Eric is currently getting judges to make a call on whether I can use my Rinnegan and Mangekyo Sharingan, because he thinks they are OP and doesn't want me to use them. He isn't offering to give up something in exchange because he wants to power down our characters, he is saying "No, I don't like those, they're too strong, you can't fight me unless you drop them."

My fight with Nathan has had plenty as well. After agreeing to me having Kamui, Nathan told me that if I used it to avoid his attack it would count as fleeing and I would instantly lose the fight. Neither Kamui doing that or the rule about fleeing were brought up before. Nathan is also saying that Kyu is automatically the judge for the fight now and I can't use anyone else because once you have someone make a decision they are the judge for the rest of the fight, again I was never told this and it is not in the rules.

I'm well aware these specific people do not like me, so maybe it is just that, but if they can just make rules to make it as hard as possible for anyone they don't like to beat them that is a problem anyway. I'm asking the rules be updated if things like the judge being locked in is actually a rule, and to deal with this idea that exists that the host just gets to make any rules they want. I was certainly given the idea that anything beyond the normal "No god-modding, no auto-hitting." was to be decided between the two combatants or with a judges help not, "I'm the host I can make you do whatever I want."

Tldr: The rules need to be updated and/or Konoha hosts need to take a chill pill.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Tailed Beast Rules Discussion
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2013, 08:10:47 AM »

A chill pill? I'd say I at least was rather chill and civil in our conversation, even if I did seem rather blunt on the issue.

I was told this is how things work, so I figured, no need to not take advantage of it. Before you start blantly going on about how I wouldn't 'give up anything', there are two obvious reasons for why I didn't offer anything of my own:

FIrst of all, except maybe my summoning technique, I don't have anything substantial to surrender that wouldn't cripple my character. You said it yourself that you have won fights before without using Rinnegan or Mangekyou sharingan. I, however, can't say the same for my Nara techniques.

Second of all, I reasoned you would come up with something audacious for me to surrender in order to convince me to reconsider; instead, we come back to the Oto Tounrey crisis before our fight even gets scheduled.

I'm not going to lie, Rakudo has it near on the mark that I don't like Rinnegan + Mangekyou sharingan. I personally think the combination is broken, and the canon hasn't done much to refute the viewpoint.

The only reason Naruto beat Pain in the Invasion arc had at least part to do with the fact that Nagato was using the Paths; it split up his abilities, allowing Naruto to take out one ability at a time (and as we see, he mostly only fought them one at a time, thanks to the Deva Path's earlier overuse requiring cooldown and the early takeout of the machine one).

Later, Nagato still almost beat Bee and Naruto (despite related biju masteries), with Itachi's intervention being their saving grace.

Don't even get me started on Madara vs the Kage. Obito wasn't as overpowered with it though, I will say that.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2013, 08:30:36 AM »

That is what I am here to find out,  if it really is like that where the hosts can make up rules to suit them, then I think that needs to be changed. I could see if I was using implanted eyes or something but I have all the proper resets, so I would think you should have to deal with them. To be fair you were civil Eric.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2013, 11:49:19 AM »

If you have the resets for something and have gone through the proper procedures to unlock it, then you can use it. Although it can get complicated pretty quickly if certain things are pirated. We seem to have brought up eyes here, so this is what I have gathered from the rulings on each when they are pirated and stuck into someone who is not of the original or of any special bloodline.

Byakugan
- Can be activated and deactivated
- Hand seal is required to activate it
- Chakra consumption is higher than normal
- Jyuken, does not come standard with it; must be taught by someone

Sharingan
- Always active
- Must be covered to preserve chakra
- Chakra consumption is noticeably much higher than normal when not covered
- Mangekyou and it's techniques consumes tons of chakra

Rinnegan
- Always active
- Cannot be reverted to it's Sharingan/Mangekyou form
- No noticeable chakra consumption when not using any of the Six Paths techniques
- Six Paths techniques eat a higher amount of chakra than normal
- Paths available is dependent on the source-user's original mastery/unlocking (Ex. Two Path Rinnegan will only yield the Deva, Naraka and Outer Path.)

And let's not forget: 2 of the same eyes > 1 eye.

But yeah, Bijuu defenders/Jinchurikki can choose to void certain things if the proper resets are not there/proper items are not actually attained/jutsu/etc. Though Elemental KG and Stand-alone Elemental KG can be subbed with any resets, except for Mokuton and Hyouton. This would bring up the dilemma of a hold/lock on challengers if the current challenger cannot agree with the defender. But that's usually circumvented by just skipping over them if they continue to be resilient.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2013, 11:57:33 AM »

I guess I should have specified, I am challenging Eric with my Madara account, who is Honored Member, Senji, and So6P. So I have the resets this time, nothing is implanted

Rinn

• Sharingan
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 05:53:34 PM »

That is what I am here to find out,  if it really is like that where the hosts can make up rules to suit them, then I think that needs to be changed. I could see if I was using implanted eyes or something but I have all the proper resets, so I would think you should have to deal with them. To be fair you were civil Eric.

"I have all the proper resets, so I would think you should have to deal with them." - I agree with this, to an extent

I say I agree because the game in iteself is a challenge, if you don't think so create a brand new account and start from academy student. It takes a while to rise up and get in a position to have these things albeit some of us haven't been through all of that still its something that must be earnt.

That being said, I say "to some extent" because be that the case, I think anyone has the right to accept or reject whatever they want. That said, it is unfair but from what I understand that's the way SL work me, personally I'd allow anything in a fight, no matter how ridiculously outmatched I may be. I'd do anything except allow my char's perma-death right now.

I'm saying all that to say this, honestly, I think it's unfair to restrict someone for adcantages that they may have that have been earned. Being in a jinchuriki the tailed beast you hold could be anybody's server wide, choosing to accept the jinchuriki you should choose to defend it with honor no matter the opponent or their resets.

(Personally not fan boying I think Madara fight's practically and fair and I often marvel at his fights-okay maybe a little fanboying xD but it's not like hes un-beatable.  JS)

Overall though I'm seeing Rakudo's view on this.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 06:23:14 PM »

I guess I should have specified, I am challenging Eric with my Madara account, who is Honored Member, Senji, and So6P. So I have the resets this time, nothing is implanted

On your Madara account, you have Grand Master Uchiha, Senji, and the Paths of Sixth (whether you claim any of the other resets in Kaguya on there is beyond me at this point). I can't argue that you don't have the proper resets to use Rinnegan and Sharingan.

I still have my reasons for not allowing them, particularly as I don't accept them both being used at the same time. Since he has no implants, then both eyes would have to be on the same level of dojutsu as far as I'm concerned, though I"ve noticed it isn't always played that way.

Is this an irrevelent issue, however, until the actual match itself, or something I need to go ahead and get squared away while the discussion board is open?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 07:20:57 PM »

Honestly I don't think those who host a tailed beast already should be able to challenge other host. That way SL never ends up like the manga went.

I'm just saying... plus this allows more chances at other obtaining the tailed best and makes it more interesting. I also think that a village should not be able to 'store' a buji but rather have to seal it in someone.

Just my thoughts but I guess they mater little to none.

As far you account having all that I simply ask where did he get EMS from in order to have Rinnagen? I can't look at your cahracter's resets but do understand if you get EMS before maxing the Uchiha resets you can not obtain the powers of the next rest... meaning if you only have two and get it you will never be able to use Susano'o. This was established way back but I don't know if it still holds up or is practiced... it was to make people have to work towards having an EMS that would grant them the full powers of the Grand Master level.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2013, 10:41:55 PM »

The character was Shadow's, I asked him where he got EMS but he just said people would trust him that he got it legitly, so we'd have to ask. I'm using him as a Kamui character anyway so he won't have Susano'o regardless.

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2013, 11:18:12 PM »

I'm too busy with school work to wait on here all day for you guys to bomb me with questions, however I can on the actual SL site, you can come and PM me there.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2013, 02:25:34 AM »

I'm too busy with school work to wait on here all day for you guys to bomb me with questions, however I can on the actual SL site, you can come and PM me there.

Then don't wait all you day. Check back every evening your time and I'm sure we'll get this all sorted out.  :twisted:

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2013, 02:38:29 AM »

Shadow did tell me who it was he got it from. now I guess he just wants to know who dares question him. >>

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2013, 02:42:55 AM »

Shadow did tell me who it was he got it from. now I guess he just wants to know who dares question him. >>

:cool: :) What the heck, we have the time. I challenge the defender in the case of Uchiha Madara's birth right. Currently, the man is charged of piracy and sexual assault in unclean places. The defendant pleads innocent, and this is not an American court, so you are not innocent before proven guilty. :P

My joke RP aside, who did Shadow Ursala style to get eternal?

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2013, 12:04:09 AM »

Apparently they are from someone called Skiddals/Narutard, and Shadow had his eyes for a while before giving them to Madara.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2013, 03:17:46 AM »

Apparently they are from someone called Skiddals/Narutard, and Shadow had his eyes for a while before giving them to Madara.

That's some creative naming there, I'll give him that. Must have been a long while, can't find either names in the warrior's list.

Jokes aside though, I think the main topic at hand was the updating of the biju rules?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 20 queries.