Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Tailed Beast Rules Discussion  (Read 12242 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Tailed Beast Rules Discussion
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2013, 02:21:07 AM »

Here's a little rule/suggestion that I would like to suggest.

1) If both users cannot get along despite their indifference in a Jinchuuriki fight then neither are fit to continue such a challenge until they are willing to compromise to the situation at hand. (Judges are brought in)

2) Users are only allowed to undergo one challenge per Jinchuuriki fight. (This includes alternates accounts)

3) Prior to challenges for Jinchuuriki fights, that user must state if it is IC or OOC in order to avoid confusion between the users.

These are little suggestions I came up with while observing you guys and from past experience myself as a former jinchuuriki. :oops:

As was pointed out by a clever hostess, getting multiple judges for a fight is counter-productive. As much as I would like to have my judge and the other guy have his judge, if those two judges don't agree, then we haven't gotten any farther than where we started.

But agreeing on one judge is a war all its own. Everyone is in it to win it, so obviously losing isn't on everyone's list. As Obito and Madara put it, the world is filled with winners and losers. And we'll be damned if we'll be the losers (if we can help it).

And Kamui, let's be honest, Rakudo is probably one of the few people who can assuredly be said to have multiple accounts period (myself too I suppose, but my two are related to each other anyways). In an overall sense, there is absolutely no way to know whether anyone is using an alt or not for fights. Fighting style, sometimes, is reliable, but it's a little late by the time the fight starts. Personality is too ambigious on a site like this.

While the idea has great merit, cross-checking with certainty is beyond the power of the average RPer, as, yes, you can be logged in to two accounts at the same time.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2013, 05:58:04 AM »

As long as they don't conflict IC'ly I don't think multiple challenges should be disallowed, I am doing an inhuman amount right now but that's just because I got impatient. The only IC fight I am in right now is Madara fighting Oto. My fights against Nathan, Kamui, and Fakiwan are all OOC. Though I guess you could argue that I could lose my bijuu defense when a challenge has already been started and then what happens, to I get to keep using the bijuu for that one fight? I could see the issue.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 04:01:29 PM »

As long as they don't conflict IC'ly I don't think multiple challenges should be disallowed, I am doing an inhuman amount right now but that's just because I got impatient. The only IC fight I am in right now is Madara fighting Oto. My fights against Nathan, Kamui, and Fakiwan...

I disagree with this, particularly in the case should somebody else wish to challenge any of the hosts you've just mentioned.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 07:40:35 PM »

As long as they don't conflict IC'ly I don't think multiple challenges should be disallowed, I am doing an inhuman amount right now but that's just because I got impatient. The only IC fight I am in right now is Madara fighting Oto. My fights against Nathan, Kamui, and Fakiwan...

I disagree with this, particularly in the case should somebody else wish to challenge any of the hosts you've just mentioned.

This. So, using Rakudo as an example, all of his fights aside from Fakiwan would be voided because he has challenged multiple people on both Rakudo and Madara.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2013, 09:09:57 PM »

Would once again over many times of stating such recommend a buji judge panel be formed that is of set, meaning odd number. Three or Five people I suppose.

These people would be the ones to pass judgement over all tailed beast fight... I don't understand where this is a bad idea really. Just cause the majority is a bunch of whiny ass chaps doesn't mean order does not need to be implanted.

Hell I would even run to be on this judges panel. Yeah, I can always return people.... 

Regardless I think a judge panel should be made.

I think I have always been one to not choose sides when judging a fight but tell people how I honestly felt about the subject and always for the most part brought out logical arguments to back my reasoning so yeah I'd without a doubt run for this.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2013, 10:37:32 PM »

This. So, using Rakudo as an example, all of his fights aside from Fakiwan would be voided because he has challenged multiple people on both Rakudo and Madara.

Yeah you'd like that, I'm sure. >_> Only challenged Kamui with Rakudo by the way. If we want to make it from now on you have to finish one fight before starting another I'd be fine with that.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 28, 2013, 01:22:23 AM »

If we want to make it from now on you have to finish one fight before starting another I'd be fine with that.

Awesome.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 28, 2013, 05:47:52 AM »

Would once again over many times of stating such recommend a buji judge panel be formed that is of set, meaning odd number. Three or Five people I suppose.

These people would be the ones to pass judgement over all tailed beast fight... I don't understand where this is a bad idea really. Just cause the majority is a bunch of whiny ass chaps doesn't mean order does not need to be implanted.

Hell I would even run to be on this judges panel. Yeah, I can always return people.... 

I think I have always been one to not choose sides when judging a fight but tell people how I honestly felt about the subject and always for the most part brought out logical arguments to back my reasoning so yeah I'd without a doubt run for this.

A judge panel for biju fights? Who is left to even be on such a thing and not, in one way or another, linked to the tailed beasts either via village ties or a direct host?

And I recall that being shot down some time ago because it would be like hurling coal into a fire, not to mention the most 'disorder' involved in biju fights, at the most, would be the discussion of the average SL issues.

The ones involving the biju rules come up because the rules themselves hadn't/haven't been updated in quite awhile, and there are conflicting tablets hither and fro.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »

A judge panel for biju fights? Who is left to even be on such a thing and not, in one way or another, linked to the tailed beasts either via village ties or a direct host?

And I recall that being shot down some time ago because it would be like hurling coal into a fire, not to mention the most 'disorder' involved in biju fights, at the most, would be the discussion of the average SL issues.

The ones involving the biju rules come up because the rules themselves hadn't/haven't been updated in quite awhile, and there are conflicting tablets hither and fro.

The panel could be of people that were elected that the majority felt would not take sides in there judgment. I am sure there are at least three people at SL that can be good judges and not take sides.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2013, 10:08:03 PM »

The panel could be of people that were elected that the majority felt would not take sides in there judgment. I am sure there are at least three people at SL that can be good judges and not take sides.

Overall, and regardless of the circumstances? Finding so little potential bias to satisfy anyone on the site that might want to take up the gauntlet to challenge for the tailed beast? No potential, whether frabricated or not, seeing the judge as being neither, and completely uncaring towards RP, either it be of 'mainstream', 'sidestream', 'majority', 'minority', 'fun', 'serious', 'out of character' or even 'in character'.

I know and have yet to know any such person who would fit that kind of bill, either in theory or in practice, considering the vast amount of RP styles and preferences on SL.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2013, 11:00:09 PM »

Overall, and regardless of the circumstances? Finding so little potential bias to satisfy anyone on the site that might want to take up the gauntlet to challenge for the tailed beast? No potential, whether frabricated or not, seeing the judge as being neither, and completely uncaring towards RP, either it be of 'mainstream', 'sidestream', 'majority', 'minority', 'fun', 'serious', 'out of character' or even 'in character'.

I know and have yet to know any such person who would fit that kind of bill, either in theory or in practice, considering the vast amount of RP styles and preferences on SL.

I would say Zen is not bias. Rafudo as well is he is still around... I was extremely unbiased several times I went against my friends or comrades in rulings because they were wrong. 

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 30, 2013, 12:57:59 AM »

Zen, Raifudo, yourself... All three of you belong to the same general RP group. All of you follow the same set of rules, regardless of whether they are followed by every active member of SL (it's getting that way since everyone is either heading off the radar or leaving the site). You're biased in the sense that you follow the rules established by a certain group about how to fight.

For example, some would argue that hiding is a move. Others would argue against it. Still others would say it's rather conditional. Or, some say biju challenges are outright ludicrious because they defy the logic of the series, while others have absolutely no issue with them.

Even still, while you all can say you're unbiased, do things that seem to support that and all, there is still never any telling on whether or not you, anyone, or me are not slightly biased without realizing it.

Summary: SL is still fairly large, and not everyone RP's as the most obvious canindates do. What is called legit in one language is a nonsense in another. If biju fights are explicitly for just those who want to follow the biju rules, then it's more narrowed, but at the same time, that means an entire set of the playerbase is left out in the cold. Judges with their own rules on the issue will only aide that cause with perceived bias which, in a RP environment, is grounds for not having them be a judge.

Zojin

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 01, 2013, 12:34:11 AM »

I don't really see the point of a judge panel for ruling individual fights.  It'll make more sense if the two RP'ers (challenger & defender) both speak to each other and agree on a single person to moderate and deliver final rulings for their battle.  As long as both parties agree on who this single "final say" judge is going to be, neither side can argue or ask for second opinions of a ruling that doesn't go their way.  Fights happen during challenges because when a ruling doesn't go someone's way, that person usually makes a big fuss about it and tries to get "second opinions" (aka the opinion of anyone who can form a decent sentence) and gets everyone involved to create a massive debate.  This only complicates things.

As for doing any explanations or editing of Bijuu Rules, I say we just treat those rules the same way we all got together to discuss and edit the official Edo Tensei rules.  We don't even need a bijuu council for that either in my opinion.

And with that said I'll disappear to start lurking again lol.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 01, 2013, 05:38:08 PM »

*Munches chex-mix while listening in* I suppose i give people being adults and discussing things out before hand too much credit...
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2013, 12:07:54 AM »

*Munches chex-mix while listening in* I suppose i give people being adults and discussing things out before hand too much credit...

You do, it's getting to the point where I feel like I should just save every message someone sends me during a fight, lest they try and deny or twist what they said in some way.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.