Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Questions about a few jutsu  (Read 2894 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Questions about a few jutsu
« on: October 04, 2013, 06:19:33 AM »

I had some questions about a couple jutsu that I wanted to get some opinions on, one came up again in my fight with Kamui, so I thought I should find out how people thinks this stuff works.

The one from my fight with Kamui is a I guess sort of a two part on how Hidden Mist Jutsu and Sharingan works. Kamui did Great Fire Annihilation and I cut my way through it with Samehada so I could cut him in half whilst unseen, because I said that like Kirigakure no jutsu the giant wall of fire would block Kamui's vision of me and my chakra, since it is a solid wall of chakra.

Kamui said that, no, he would see me, because the only reason hidden mist jutsu blocks the Sharingan's sight is that the mist and the user are of the same chakra so they just blend in to the thick mist and become invisible. So he would see my chakra within his and be able to react in time.

I like I said before I am under the impression that the Sharingan and the Rinnegan could not see through anything opaque and laden with chakra, like a thick Kirigakure no Jutsu or the the giant wall of fire from Gokka Mekkyaku. Mei uses Kirigakure no Jutsu against Madara and I don't think she would have done it to just hide herself, because she does not actually take advantage of it at all, leading me to believe my theory is correct.
http://www.mangapanda.com/naruto/563/11

The second question I had was how does Transformation Jutsu work when you turn into an inanimate object. Like when Naruto henge's into a Fuuma Shuriken, he clearly becomes a shuriken, it isn't an illusion, Sasuke does the Shuriken Shadow Jutsu with Naruto as the second shuriken.  So if you cut that shuriken with a sword would it bleed because it is actually Naruto? Or does he act as metal when in the form of a shuriken?

I guess the short question is do you take on the traits of whatever inanimate object you transform into? Or do you retain your normal traits, ie a shuriken that can be cut and bleed.

Eric

• View Profile
Re: Questions about a few jutsu
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 07:50:57 AM »

The Hidden Mist jutsu blocks the sharingan's sight completely; this means both the chakra coloration discerning and the minute movement portion of the dojutsu's predictive abilities. The chakra blends in and all, but the thickness of the mist prevents the sharingan from seeing the muscle movements of the user as well.

Such would be with any 'wall of chakra', albeit, at closer ranges, the sharingan could probably notice movements through the chakra wall (disturbances) and give suggestion that something is causing the disturbance. In any case, anyone masked by something like the hidden mist jutsu would probably attack the dojutsu's complete blind spot, the rear (beyond the periphials) and just avoid the trouble of worrying about close range prediction in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned, if it is thick enough, it doesn't even have to have large amounts of chakra in order to conceal the sharingan's view. Kakashi covering up his always active sharingan is the most classic example of that.

As for the transformation technique, it is most supported that the user would take on the characteristics of whatever they transform into:
http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Transformation:_Adamantine_Staff

Here, Enma uses this transformation technique to turn his fleshy, mammalian self into a diamond hard staff that can extend and stretch unreasonable far, especially considering his build prior to transforming.

Enma also noted that he could be cut by the Kusangi; it was untold whether this was blood and guts kind of cutting or cutting a hard staff kind of cutting. Many types of transformation techniques, particularly those that transform into living things, can still receive the blunt injuries and such that they would be exposed to normally.

When it comes to non-living things, chances are, if someone were to cut the shuriken naruto was hiding in, dissipation of the technique would be immediate, followed quite possibly by death. It was important story-wise that Zabuza couldn't use his sword to deflect the shuriken, as that might would have injured Naruto.

All in all, judgment on transformation technique, I say you get the properties of what you transform into, more or less.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 08:06:44 AM »

I forgot about Enma, but I have to say I agree with you 100%.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 05:38:07 AM »

From  my understanding of things the Sharingan can not see through chakra that has the properties of the thing it is being molded, formed, created, ect. into. So long as the normal eye can't see through them in their natural state.

What I mean by this is a normal eye can not see through a heavy fog; therefor a sharingan can not see through a jutsu related mist. It can see through such things as wind based jutsu though as the normal eye can see through natural wind. Fire is a bit tricky some flames the eye can see through others they can't so it depends on the degree of the flames.  Mokuton would be another good example of a 'solid' chakra that could not been seen through by the Sharingan, doton as well. I think it is clear as to what I am getting at.

However, if you used the sword to cut/absorb the flames Kamui could have probably noted the flames parting in front of him via his Sharingan, especial he host a very advanced Sharingan. So I would think he could still note it in time for a 'quick' dodge. The Sharingan could also note the flames weakening as well probably.

I would have to think that the jutsu works close to the shadow clone. Meaning nulled upon impact. The transformation ending once you were hit. Even if that is not how it works I think that is very fitting for rp standards of the jutsu.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 06:10:51 AM »

I am accepting Kamui's post, I just wanted to know how this worked for future reference.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 04:29:41 AM »

I would have to think that the jutsu works close to the shadow clone. Meaning nulled upon impact. The transformation ending once you were hit. Even if that is not how it works I think that is very fitting for rp standards of the jutsu.

The question was what happened to your person once hit, what kind of damage would you take? Smaller objects being deflected by sharp tools puncture wounds to the transformed nin that was deflected, is the nin actually spinning themselves (in a dizzy fashion) when they transform into a shuriken, and then thrown?

While the transformation would likely end, would you sustain the same damage as the object in question? Getting hit might not necessarily be the needed stress to remove certain transformation techniques.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 04:30:13 AM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 16 queries.