Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP  (Read 34326 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP
« Reply #45 on: October 28, 2013, 10:58:46 PM »

If I were to make an overall suggestion about Bijuu and RP relations,

1. Remove challenges - This is something many a people have said, and it makes sense. If the bijuu are there to stimulate RP, then challenges which are outside of RP don't help at all. The only point I could see to them in the first place is that it gives someone without sealing techniques the ability to obtain a bijuu. To solve this particular point people could get over it. If more seal-type characters need to get involved, then that's good, it's just more stimulation for RP. Whether or not people just randomly add sealing to their characters... well, that's not something we can deal with with any more than a slap on the wrist.

2. Responsibility- I believe if you take on a bijuu, you are assuming the responsibility to the site and others to roleplay. In that sense, any large leave of absence for any reason should result in a bijuu being removed, as otherwise it isn't fair or fun for the other players. I would say that 2 week inactivity would be the limit here, without really good reason. Real life was busy is not a  good reason, as I guarantee you that anyone could find at least a minute or two to log on within 2 weeks.
   So what do you do if you got your bijuu taken away and you want it back? RP it back, go take it from the person who got it. Shouldn't be too hard, right?

3. Ownership in case of absence -
      If the participant was in a battle when he went absent, the challenger receives the bijuu.
      If the owner was not in a battle, then the leader in his CLAN, which may or may not be the village, receives the bijuu. A clan will be the assumed as the clan they are listed as in game, which will usually be the village -- this is to keep any retroactive decisions from arising if they were part of a separate "internal clan" or something. If that were the case, then they  should have just made their own clan and gave it affiliation with the village.
     If the absentee was not part of any clan, then the beast is in a free for all position, the specifications of which (tournament, mission, war, etc.) is to be decided on by majority rules within a one week time period after confirmed removal of the bijuu, and to be acted out within a week after the decision.

Do these make sense?

Holy shit, this guy frkn nailed it.

The only bad thing I see here is someone meta-gaming their way out of a bijuu fight.

Challenger: Enters the village where the host lives.
Host: Coincidentally, leaves the village and goes on a coast to coast adventure that will span ALL of NarutoLand(?) and the course of many, many, months. He'll be all over the place. Derp.

*Coincidentally stumbles upon Genesis as he leaves for his vacation* Two can play at that game.

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 28, 2013, 11:09:55 PM »

You can't exactly stop people from cheating like that by adding rules or anything. If they cheat and it's obvious that they've cheated, then the community will naturally add a penalty to that and they will be punished on a case by case basis.

As Rakudo just said, it could simple resolve by deus as simply as it would have the other way of the would be escapee, if the community were to agree with such an action.

This doesn't really need to be said, but it is reasonable to note that--like any community--SL is primarily defined by the players, not the rule makers. Things which a majority agrees should happen are the things that should happen. In that vain, I'm certain that any player found guilty of being, to be frank, an asshat, will be dealt with as naturally as breathing. Rules just set guidelines for people to follow, they do not in and of themselves carry weight, but rather the people themselves have the power. To that note, we shouldn't have to define every possible event and consequence before any arise. 

-Soapbox over-
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 28, 2013, 11:12:34 PM »

The only bad thing I see here is someone meta-gaming their way out of a bijuu fight.

Host: Coincidentally, leaves the village and goes on a coast to coast adventure that will span ALL of NarutoLand(?) and the course of many, many, months. He'll be all over the place. Derp.

In some other, long buried thread I proposed that to counter this the challenger should declare that they're after the host, and either apply a x-post restriction to when the host can flee the village, or restrict them from doing so altogether and permit them to flee to an inner sanctum (within the village). In the meantime the challenger is free to attack the village in some form or another (you don't need to be destroying random buildings; also excluding any casual roleplayers and others who'd rather not participate) in order to draw out the host due to some duty of theirs to protect the village, or excessive criticism from other villagers/clansmen.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 29, 2013, 12:26:07 AM »

In some other, long buried thread I proposed that to counter this the challenger should declare that they're after the host, and either apply a x-post restriction to when the host can flee the village, or restrict them from doing so altogether and permit them to flee to an inner sanctum (within the village). In the meantime the challenger is free to attack the village in some form or another (you don't need to be destroying random buildings; also excluding any casual roleplayers and others who'd rather not participate) in order to draw out the host due to some duty of theirs to protect the village, or excessive criticism from other villagers/clansmen.

That's assuming the host is apart of a village. What would you do if he/she is a rouge ninja or is apart of a terrorist organization that has a hidden hq (think Akatsuki)?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2013, 12:30:15 AM »

So I am guessing we should also shed the grace period ordeal as well?

Also I'd like to request the mastering of tails be reworked as it should take longer to do. I'd say at least a month per tail maybe longer. And I don't think resets should effect the time.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 29, 2013, 01:04:21 AM »

Grace period? Well, it was apart of the biju challenges, so by defacto it could be.

And hey, the biju times are fine, except people exploit them ludicriously. I should be on 2 tails by now, but I haven't exactly done much training with Kokuo since my visit to Suna, which has considerably slowed me down.

I know people who have mastered the beast in one day and claim otherwise. Not always are there people to check up on these things. >_>

If the organization has a host, then that host has to eventually leave it's nest. Seriously, other than maybe Genesis, how many organizations out there would actually bother with holding onto a biju and stashing it?

Wait... We're all asshats to each other, so I retract that statement and see a new light. If they got a host, either the host gotta come outta the fox hole at least one or twice a month, or put some work into infiltration and find out where the base is. Use underground alts if you have to.

Can't have everything as easy as walk here and start fighting. xD
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 29, 2013, 01:50:05 AM »

That's assuming the host is apart of a village. What would you do if he/she is a rouge ninja or is apart of a terrorist organization that has a hidden hq (think Akatsuki)?
If the organization has a host, then that host has to eventually leave it's nest. Seriously, other than maybe Genesis, how many organizations out there would actually bother with holding onto a biju and stashing it?

Wait... We're all asshats to each other, so I retract that statement and see a new light. If they got a host, either the host gotta come outta the fox hole at least one or twice a month, or put some work into infiltration and find out where the base is. Use underground alts if you have to.

Can't have everything as easy as walk here and start fighting. xD

For an organization (which I believe should have some established HQ), I'd think that they'd need to create conditions which can be met by non-members of it to locate their hideout. For instance, Tenryuuji (The current Genesis HQ) can be located by dragon summoners. Though if one were to tail residents who go out traveling occasionally (such as Teuchi/Ramen Guy) they'd be able to locate the place without having to meet the first condition. So yes, creating trails and leads every now and again should occur were an organization to possess a bijuu.

As for a rogue nin, well they probably should be moving from one accessible location to the next, or holed up in some little box fort in an accessible region (say, a forest or cavern). If an exit restriction were imposed, they'd be forced to remain within their region until the countdown's finished before even considering escape. And even then, there's nothing much stopping the hunter(s) from pursuing them to wheresoever they flee.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2013, 01:14:23 PM »

Activity isn't an issue for me. Just because i don't post every single second of every day doesn't mean i'm inactive at all. It just means i don't post. Except for weekends, there isn't not one situation that i'm away from SL longer than a couple of days. Proof of that can be seen by how many petitions i end up having to deal with at any given time. Whatever the case, these "rules" that you guys are proposing aren't doing anything to deal with OP claims. It's just making sure those who claim such things with Bijuu are active 8)
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2013, 02:13:30 PM »

Activity isn't an issue for me. Just because i don't post every single second of every day doesn't mean i'm inactive at all. It just means i don't post. Except for weekends, there isn't not one situation that i'm away from SL longer than a couple of days. Proof of that can be seen by how many petitions i end up having to deal with at any given time. Whatever the case, these "rules" that you guys are proposing aren't doing anything to deal with OP claims. It's just making sure those who claim such things with Bijuu are active 8)

The titles just a joke, since I thought the idea of voiding the bijuu was ridiculous.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2013, 02:24:09 PM »

So, we are getting somewhere? :D Yes!

My apologies Zenaku for mistaking such as inactivity.

And Kayenta, who drags people around nowadays? It's all about that space-time ninjutsu, bodybag over shoulder kind of thing. Maybe bring some acad just so that they can carry the load (no pun intended) and hoist the new prize off to be extracted.

And said person can hide out, for a small while, they just need to leave the village at some point at a reasonable interval. Like what, once a week someone said? That seems to compensate for grace period to some degree.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 29, 2013, 02:46:41 PM »

And Kayenta, who drags people around nowadays? It's all about that space-time ninjutsu, bodybag over shoulder kind of thing. Maybe bring some acad just so that they can carry the load (no pun intended) and hoist the new prize off to be extracted.

And said person can hide out, for a small while, they just need to leave the village at some point at a reasonable interval. Like what, once a week someone said? That seems to compensate for grace period to some degree.

Why do they need to leave the village? Just post once a week. I mean in Naruto a lot of time the go to extents to keep Naruto in the village so he will be protected... I see nothing wrong with this.

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 29, 2013, 03:17:00 PM »

As i have no interest in any of the other bijuu i'm perfectly fine with people who want to challenge me having to find me especially as at this point quite a few people don't really know what my character looks like. To be honest my character travels around as a strange older man that many wouldn't suspect had my past. Whatever works
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 29, 2013, 06:55:38 PM »

Why do they need to leave the village? Just post once a week. I mean in Naruto a lot of time the go to extents to keep Naruto in the village so he will be protected... I see nothing wrong with this.

They need to leave the village at some point because shortly after becoming a ninja, Naruto went out on a mission with his teammates to the Land of Waves.

Then he went off with Jiriaya, and ever since coming back, he's been leaving the village more and more frequently.

While fighting an entire village may be your idea of fun, some others would rather have a wild chase through Konoha Forest to the gates. Requiring anyone who wants to get a biju to always go through an entire village is both unrealistic and almost just as bad as the biju challenges.

The more people you get involved, the more of a headache it is going to be, especially if something is on the line. Making the jinck take a walk around their country (be it Konoha Forest or Emerald Coast over in Kiri) is not asking that much. You're acting as if they're required to leave absolutely any support they have.

And it's not even for that long at a time either! I'm not saying let them leave in one post and come back in the next, but unless the host is a Village Head, there is hardly an IC reason to stay cooped up in the village all day, every day for the rest of their hosting careers.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 29, 2013, 09:20:30 PM »

And it's not even for that long at a time either! I'm not saying let them leave in one post and come back in the next, but unless the host is a Village Head, there is hardly an IC reason to stay cooped up in the village all day, every day for the rest of their hosting careers.

And if they are?

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 29, 2013, 09:47:37 PM »

They need to leave the village at some point because shortly after becoming a ninja, Naruto went out on a mission with his teammates to the Land of Waves.

Then he went off with Jiriaya, and ever since coming back, he's been leaving the village more and more frequently.

While fighting an entire village may be your idea of fun, some others would rather have a wild chase through Konoha Forest to the gates. Requiring anyone who wants to get a biju to always go through an entire village is both unrealistic and almost just as bad as the biju challenges.

The more people you get involved, the more of a headache it is going to be, especially if something is on the line. Making the jinck take a walk around their country (be it Konoha Forest or Emerald Coast over in Kiri) is not asking that much. You're acting as if they're required to leave absolutely any support they have.

The Kage could always assign them body guards as well. Be it npc annu or just some body woul would want to be there if an attack should occur.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 17 queries.