Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP  (Read 35218 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Perma Ban Bijuu Pls, Bijuu OP
« Reply #150 on: November 15, 2013, 07:16:42 AM »

I think we should all keep in mind meta-gaming as well. Lets say I am a host and step out of my village to train for a day to follow this rule. An attacker can't just leave somewhere like Kiri and make it to my in time... No random attacks in other words. If we are to promote good rp then these hunters need to scout, locate the host village then buy time waiting for them to step outside.

Also what about if the host is to locked with the village or somewhere else. Lets face it it is not uncommon to get rp locked for two weeks or even a month.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 15, 2013, 07:23:17 AM »

I think we should all keep in mind meta-gaming as well. Lets say I am a host and step out of my village to train for a day to follow this rule. An attacker can't just leave somewhere like Kiri and make it to my in time... No random attacks in other words. If we are to promote good rp then these hunters need to scout, locate the host village then buy time waiting for them to step outside.

Also what about if the host is to locked with the village or somewhere else. Lets face it it is not uncommon to get rp locked for two weeks or even a month.

If the jinchuuriki left their village and say headed into the zones, then it wouldn't be entirely uncanny for a hunter to leave theirs and wind up in the exact same zone as they. Of course, if the jinchuuriki just kept posting in their village area (while generally being a fair distance away from it), then it'd be uncanny for a hunter to leave their village at the same time and make it there within a day (unless they have a mode of transportation capable of getting them there within one, like some Space-Time Ninjutsu or an extremely fast summon). It'd be better for the hunters though to just camp it out in the wilderness/zones so that the moment the jinchuuriki leaves their village, they'd be ready to intercept them (though of course, that would take effort in keeping active long enough to discover the exact day this will occur).

If there's an RP lock that goes for longer than two weeks, theen I say the jinchuuriki be given the right to ditch whatever they were participating in as long as it wasn't targeting/affecting them directly to go take their day-long trip, return the next day and assuming they aren't encountered by a hunter, resume being locked in RP (seeing as it'd be unlikely the RP would resume the moment they leave it if it hasn't budged for that long).
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 07:23:55 AM by Angra Mainyu »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 15, 2013, 07:57:13 AM »

If the jinchuuriki left their village and say headed into the zones, then it wouldn't be entirely uncanny for a hunter to leave theirs and wind up in the exact same zone as they. Of course, if the jinchuuriki just kept posting in their village area (while generally being a fair distance away from it), then it'd be uncanny for a hunter to leave their village at the same time and make it there within a day (unless they have a mode of transportation capable of getting them there within one, like some Space-Time Ninjutsu or an extremely fast summon). It'd be better for the hunters though to just camp it out in the wilderness/zones so that the moment the jinchuuriki leaves their village, they'd be ready to intercept them (though of course, that would take effort in keeping active long enough to discover the exact day this will occur).

If there's an RP lock that goes for longer than two weeks, theen I say the jinchuuriki be given the right to ditch whatever they were participating in as long as it wasn't targeting/affecting them directly to go take their day-long trip, return the next day and assuming they aren't encountered by a hunter, resume being locked in RP (seeing as it'd be unlikely the RP would resume the moment they leave it if it hasn't budged for that long).

Well often we rp the zones as being our village's outskirts so that's what I was getting at. For instance zone 5 if Konoha's outskirts about a mike out if so I guess. Good distance from the village itself but still far from other villages. Even from like Suna where one would have to travel through a desert then plans then the Forrest to reach zone 5. That's a pretty good hike. Those coming from Kiri have to sail across an ocean. Kumo is days away ect.
I was just saying this should play an effect of course there are space time and such by how would you magically know I left the village if you are all the way in another village with out some inside works with long distant communication or just straight up meta-gaming?

That seems far enough. I just wanted to make that issue known as I'm sure it will occur.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 15, 2013, 08:10:45 AM »

how would you magically know I left the village if you are all the way in another village with out some inside works with long distant communication or just straight up meta-gaming?

Visiting the same a location out of pure coincidence can't really be considered metagaming if the hunter claims to have been there pursuing prey or whatever without making indication that they knew the jinchuuriki would be there in the first place.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 15, 2013, 03:49:17 PM »

how would you magically know I left the village if you are all the way in another village with out some inside works with long distant communication or just straight up meta-gaming?

Visiting the same a location out of pure coincidence can't really be considered metagaming if the hunter claims to have been there pursuing prey or whatever without making indication that they knew the jinchuuriki would be there in the first place.

I was getting at you are talking to someone in Kiri for example and see ooc wise that the host is out of the village so you randomly leave Kiri to go get the for some odd reason without you chara yet even knowing that they are out or if they are a host perhaps. That makes no logically sense as the time it would take to travel would be to great.

Now if you aren't rping in a village then yes you can say that your character was randomly in the location. Although I still find it to he meta-gaming I suppose it is allowed.

Truthfully in my mind the only people who should be able to just be in a random location like that would be wondering rogue shinobi. If you rp in a village then your character should be in that village and you have to rp leaving and traveling. Not oh my character is a Kumo Shinobi who has been in Kumo this whole week but is randomly in Konoha's outskirts today.

I still like the idea of hunters gathering intel, scouting, and waiting/hunting for their prey. Just appearing out of the blue is not hunting by any means. Plus you still have to gain the knowledge the person is a host.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 15, 2013, 05:02:38 PM »

I was getting at you are talking to someone in Kiri for example and see ooc wise that the host is out of the village so you randomly leave Kiri to go get the for some odd reason without you chara yet even knowing that they are out or if they are a host perhaps. That makes no logically sense as the time it would take to travel would be to great.

Now if you aren't rping in a village then yes you can say that your character was randomly in the location. Although I still find it to he meta-gaming I suppose it is allowed.

Truthfully in my mind the only people who should be able to just be in a random location like that would be wondering rogue shinobi. If you rp in a village then your character should be in that village and you have to rp leaving and traveling. Not oh my character is a Kumo Shinobi who has been in Kumo this whole week but is randomly in Konoha's outskirts today.

I still like the idea of hunters gathering intel, scouting, and waiting/hunting for their prey. Just appearing out of the blue is not hunting by any means. Plus you still have to gain the knowledge the person is a host.

The last part shouldn't be too difficult, as many of the hosts I have met are normally not too secretive about their status' as hosts. I think I"ve only met one or two exceptions to that. Chakra isn't always a great measure either, as, who doesn't have a large chakra pool nowadays?

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say that potential hunters and pray alike (in other words, almost anyone) would need to RP the travel between their home and their destination again? I remember that used to be there, but it got pretty lax cause of how tedious it got over time.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 15, 2013, 05:19:28 PM »

The last part shouldn't be too difficult, as many of the hosts I have met are normally not too secretive about their status' as hosts. I think I"ve only met one or two exceptions to that. Chakra isn't always a great measure either, as, who doesn't have a large chakra pool nowadays?

Wouldn't it have been easier to just say that potential hunters and pray alike (in other words, almost anyone) would need to RP the travel between their home and their destination again? I remember that used to be there, but it got pretty lax cause of how tedious it got over time.

Yeah the travel issue should apply to all. It's like when a village request back up from another village. The back up usually can't come right away. When Iwa was invaded everyone had to wait for a rp day to pass until getting there rp wise.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 16, 2013, 05:35:01 AM »

Yeah the travel issue should apply to all. It's like when a village request back up from another village. The back up usually can't come right away. When Iwa was invaded everyone had to wait for a rp day to pass until getting there rp wise.

That'd be great.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #158 on: November 16, 2013, 05:48:16 AM »

That'd be great.

Maybe we could set up a handy little chart if we wanted to make it official. Something like,
Turns for reinforcements to arrive
Same zone: 0 turns
Same area (like within Konoha's forest or something): 1-2 turns

I suppose that gets a little unwieldy the farther away we get, since it to be realistic it would be like

Opposite end of the country: 125 turns (since that would probably translate into an hour, tops)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 16, 2013, 06:09:21 AM »

Maybe we could set up a handy little chart if we wanted to make it official. Something like,

I suppose that gets a little unwieldy the farther away we get, since it to be realistic it would be like

Opposite end of the country: 125 turns (since that would probably translate into an hour, tops)

Seeing people have been using real time for determining travel (for instance, a 24 hour day to travel from one village to another), it may be better to stick to that (because really, who'd want to keep count of 125, or even 40 posts?) and instead establish potential time cuts depending on transportation (it'd be a less intricate alternative). Like using a ground-based summon to cut it by 25% (/3 hours) and aerial summon by say 40-50% (less obstacles, can fly across large bodies of water).

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #160 on: November 16, 2013, 06:16:53 AM »

Seeing people have been using real time for determining travel (for instance, a 24 hour day to travel from one village to another), it may be better to stick to that (because really, who'd want to keep count of 125, or even 40 posts?) and instead establish potential time cuts depending on transportation (it'd be a less intricate alternative). Like using a ground-based summon to cut it by 25% (/3 hours) and aerial summon by say 40-50% (less obstacles, can fly across large bodies of water).

Yeah that seems a lot more... possible. xD

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 16, 2013, 04:17:40 PM »

Why don't we just, you know, do the same thing everyone usually does in SL and go Village > Zone > Zone > Other Village. Simple as that. There doesn't need to be any time limits placed on it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 16, 2013, 05:20:11 PM »

Why don't we just, you know, do the same thing everyone usually does in SL and go Village > Zone > Zone > Other Village. Simple as that. There doesn't need to be any time limits placed on it.

Then the hunters would post leaving in the same turn that they arrive in intermittent steps.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2013, 06:58:43 PM »

Then the hunters would post leaving in the same turn that they arrive in intermittent steps.

And? It's traveling and doesn't take long by SL standards. Not to mention that it wouldn't matter if the person was camping out and waiting for them. If they tried to leave on the same post then the person would just intercept them.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 16, 2013, 07:25:24 PM »

If you are in Kiri and want to go aid in an attack in Konoha you have to wait for some time to pass for your travel. It makes no logic sense to travel there in a matter a seconds just cause you can post that fast. Rp wise it takes you character time.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.