Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The last biju fight: Kaboom?  (Read 5531 times)

Zojin

• View Profile
Re: The last biju fight: Kaboom?
« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2013, 11:10:14 PM »

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xrpm0h_naruto-072-a-mistake-from-the-past-a-face-revealed-c-w-hq_animals

Skip to part 4:59.  Looks to me like it lasts a lot longer than a single burst of wind.

If Eric's post is invalid due to him not saying specifically that the wind was more than a single burst, then Tachi's "second wave" of raiton is invalid as well since nowhere did he state in his specific IC post that the chidori current was continuous either.

Tachi's reply which starts with the "Checkmate!" is a reply which responds to an incorrect jutsu since he was under the impression that the Dust Wind Technique was just one quick burst, and thus, RP'ed it incorrectly.  This is where the confusion is.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 01:22:35 AM »

How did my post not point out that the Raiton was not continues?

-I post getting within meters of Eric and releasing Raiton Currents
-He post getting shocked, becoming paralyzed, and Rita doing the Fuuton Jutsu and knocking up dust.
-I justify him being paralyzed by noting the shock would have been weakened by the Fuuton Jutsu so it would not have killed him 'at that instant'. I then have t Raiton Currents pick back up and flow through the dust cloud, which comes after the first shock, and light up the cloud like the Forth of July while Eric is layign within said cloud unable to move. I also note that this time it would be enough to shock is internal organs aka death.
-He post that he does indeed lay there in the dust cloud, never once does he post that the fuuton would have nulled the raiton still.. (he accepts that the dust cloud is shocked as does not deny it)
-I post that the shock kills him as it flows through the dust cloud and takes him out, jlike I said it would do.

Even in the pm I told him to ignore the explosion as the shock of the raiton in the dust cloud would 'kill' him. And before that I told him in pm that tI would keep channeling raiton chakra to send it through the dust cloud unfortunately I have no proof cause it got deleted over time.

To say that it was not clear that he would be shocked and killed is not right as my post  says so in the order of which it happens, raiton through the dust cloud, plus the pm were I told him he would be killed. My post stated death in it.

He was fine with everything but the explosion and posted which means my post was accepted which makes it legit. He should have posted in his post that the Fuuton would still be active and have keep the raiton at bay still.

How can you void something that you accepted two post ago?

All my post was was a follow up of the previous post to make clear Eric was shocked and fight over as the shock was accepted.

It doesn't matter if you say well the Fuuton Jutsu should have nulled it cause guess what it is a little to late you accepted it when you posted.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2013, 02:36:08 AM »

... It doesn't matter if you say well the Fuuton Jutsu should have nulled it cause guess what it is a little to late you accepted it when you posted.

It does matter, actually. I did not accept your post as being true, as what I accepted was clear through my post. Had I been shocked a second time, then I would have reacted as if I had been shocked a second time (albeit, the reaction would not have been as supplementary as healing).

...Of course this would happen rather fast as soon as the Fuuton collided with the ground below to pick up the particles...

This critical line from your post places the time of the 'second' shock at when the Futon collided with the ground, which was prior to my newest post. This meant that your character did not advance very far, if at all, in the timeline at the point of this conduction.

Typing in big letters does not suddenly make you right, nor does it positively contribute to this discussion. What I accepted is reflected through my post; I did not accept that there was a second threat to be dealt with, same as I did not accept that an explosion would occur.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 02:59:18 AM »

... It doesn't matter if you say well the Fuuton Jutsu should have nulled it cause guess what it is a little to late you accepted it when you posted.

It does matter, actually. I did not accept your post as being true, as what I accepted was clear through my post. Had I been shocked a second time, then I would have reacted as if I had been shocked a second time (albeit, the reaction would not have been as supplementary as healing).

...Of course this would happen rather fast as soon as the Fuuton collided with the ground below to pick up the particles...

This critical line from your post places the time of the 'second' shock at when the Futon collided with the ground, which was prior to my newest post. This meant that your character did not advance very far, if at all, in the timeline at the point of this conduction.

Typing in big letters does not suddenly make you right, nor does it positively contribute to this discussion. What I accepted is reflected through my post; I did not accept that there was a second threat to be dealt with, same as I did not accept that an explosion would occur.

Yes as in it would happen as the dust was being lifted all the dust of course it would spread out wads towards you from me and not just be everywhere at once all the sudden.

Your post didn't deny what I posted either that means it is legit. If my post was to be no accepted you would have had to posted some sort of a counter which you didn't. Even if you were going off your last jutsu you need to post that it was not being effective.

My post is legit as your post didn't deny it. Therefor in my next post I went off my post being such and the fight being over. 

I am free to type as I wish by the way.

I'm not gonna simply let this go because you want to bring up something that is in past post, if we are allowed to counter something once it is accepted and done fights will never end and there will never be a winner.

I can't help that you didn't deny my raiton currents. To say that you just didn't put it in your post is not denying it for how are we to not know you just didn't overlook it and make a mistake and now try to say otherwise so you want lose? I'm not saying you are but it is possible. After all like I said I talked to you about this in pm and you never said you didn't agree with it until after your post and my post of winning.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2013, 03:34:15 AM »

There was no second wave of Raiton, and that is why things are the way they are. Yes, post as you may, for the sake of argument, we can agree on something.

Obviously neither of us are going to let this go without a fight, this thread has surely shown that. I've made my stance rather clear. There was no second Raiton wave; I was not 'shut down to the core', which is exactly what your move would have done had it been a valid action.

That in itself  was one of the first indications that your previous move did not affect me, and in its own right, was a denial of the correctness of your post. Perhaps the only thing not elaborated on thoroughly in that post was the reason why. However, it was not entirely absent:

Despite the wingbeat of Rita's travelling at decent wind speed, Rita would not have been able to completely stop the technique from reaching Eric, (c)
(7d6h) <KT> Nara Eric and as the dust particles and wind would be kicked up at around the time Eric would have earlier hit the ground...
he would take the time Tachi braced himself from the dust/wind attack to heal himself.

That is quite literally all Eric did in that post, though Rita did a few actions of her own. I denied the validity of your previous post, and my post represents my lack of acceptance of your previous declaration of results.

This includes both the explosion and the 'extra' currents that you would have claimed to have occurred. No, rejection, denial, are all different ways of saying the same thing.

The only attack I accepted, as one could tell from my line of thinking in the post:

Eric would temporarily be on his own; despite not being shut down to his core, the man's mobility had been (c)
(7d6h) <KT> Nara Eric hindered...

was the initial chidori nagashi that was unaltered, and reached me before the wind technique did. 

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2013, 04:14:22 AM »

I know what you post said but like I said just cause you didn't post the damage doesn't mean it didn't happen sense you really didn't deny it either. Like I said my post I legit cause it was not voided or countered.

I don't think you would have time to heal yourself really plus even if you were the shock to the brain is instant death. I know you're saying the second shock isn't legit but I still think it is.

I in fact even believe if the futon jutsu wasatill in play the raiton would advance through t dust particles. Not all the time does a jutsu null another one just cause of the elemental advantage. As pure futon chakra I stated it to dull it cause I think it would once the dust particles are in ply though I don't see the futon billing it like that though cause the electricity can conduct throughout the cloud via the particles allowing it to increase in power to over come the futon dulling it.

Plus I still don't really like the idea of your summon staying around while you have been paralyzed. I just think Summons should disperse when you take damage like that. A lot of sites rp that way perhaps not here at SL not sure as never a countered it here at SL. But really by that logic Rita wouldn't have been there to make the Futon jutsu to null the first shock which would end you.

Anyways Nathan is gonna make a ruling so I am waiting on that. Don't know which way he will rule bit I wish you would have waited for it before coming here. I really hate my fights being public when I do most in private cause I generally can compromise pretty easily and don't want the attention from outside parties.

Perhaps I am wrong about that methods of fighting in rp. I'm just not gonna back down from my years of experience guiding me to think I was in the right... I just don't think one should be able the change something that happened in the past, previous post. If you would have sad in your post the second shock did not exist due to your futon jutsu I wouldn't have made a post saying I won.

I don't want people to think that I'm trying to make Eric look bad or anything I just stand by my beliefs as you do yours. We are good friends which really makes this hard for me to argue with you as my tender side does want to just say whatever and go on, plus my fighter side wants to just beat you again in a few post not saying I could but try, however my stubborn side just want let me back down when it comes to this issue.

So I'll stop my rants on what I did and how I see it legit and just let Nathan make a judgement and those here that wish to... However I ask from here on people just be frank as to what side they take.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2013, 05:53:01 AM »

I cannot WAIT to fight the winner of this.  :roll:

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2013, 09:06:10 AM »

I'm laying here in bed and still trying to get a grasp on this and understand Eric's point of view but I just can't seem to do such. So I thought maybe I'll just ask a few questions to try to understand.

Where in your post do you note that the Fuuton Jutsu would null my Riation Currents? Where did you say that the Fuuton would be mixing throughout this dust to keep the dust from conducting the electrical currents? I understand that you are saying that there is not a second current, but note due to me not posting it but rather you countered it, so where was it noted that you countered it? I rped the particles in the air allowing the currents to pass through the cloud via conduction throughout the cloud and would kill you so where is your counter post saying that the Fuuton in the cloud would null that?

I just can't grasp this logic of action out weighing content. Jutsu mean nothing but rather the content of what your jutsu is doing, so where do you say how your counter is working? If rp was not mean to be done through stating your counter and not assuming what happens then why do why type post as to what our jutsu do instead of just posting the name of jutsu and nothing else? Sense jutsu give the right to counter without having to state it why do we not rp in that fashion?
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 09:10:19 AM by UettoSenju »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2013, 04:45:21 PM »

The original workings of how my counter works was explained in the post that I used the jutsu. Your follow-up post regarding a 'second' wave ignored the fact the particles, in one way or another, are insulted by Futon jutsu.

If the particles are therefore separated by Futon, then they would not be able to improve the conductivity of the electricity at all. That's like saying that the insulated rubber on most chargers would allow weak amounts of electricity to go through it.

Jutsu does indeed matter, actually, regardless of how it is necessarily explained; if you are using the phoenix fire jutsu like the fire annihaltion technique, then something is definitely off. If I'm using the Dust cloud technique from Temari with the Dust shredder thing from Asuma, then the explanation does have to coincide with the jutsu being used.

That and visual comparison is why we cite the jutsu that we use. Sitting here in my chair, I'm about to go for another Oro kill, and I can't help but wonder why I put it in the public.

Oh wait, I did that in order to get some public opinion on this. Regardless of how Nathan voted, I wanted to see how a few others saw the issue; Zojin pretty much summed up why I put it here on the public, although she did not say it.

The confusion started with the "Checkmate" post, and resonating similarly with my fight with Rakudo, rather than the buck stopping there, things continued after a slight bit of bickering. The cause of the explosion, I presumed, was the second wave; when the explosion was removed from the equation, then the second wave was presumably removed as well.

I had originally figured that the conflict had started with you not agreeing with my latest post, but the original first conflict that we had regarding the posts apparently was not as fully resolved as we originally thought.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 31, 2013, 07:18:26 PM »

I would like to actually look at this jutsu when I can get to my laptop. And I'll point out something from what you said.

I'll show you why my actions are legit.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 08:10:25 PM »

Okay so as I thought you are countering a future or present attack with a past counter that did not in the past note that it would remain in play nor in your present post note that it was still in play. That is a flaw in your rp one that I can take advantage of to win like I did.

There are two main ways to win:
Your opponent truly uses a counter that is not effective or they make a flaw their rp. The first to capatilize on the others flaw usually wins.

As for the Futon Jutsu you used it is still invalid in multiple ways. One you didn't say that it would continue, I know you said I didn't either but I did I fact hen I state the jutsu to dull then two back up full force. Second you used a custom jutsu that is based off a cannon jutsu that does not due what you posted it to do.

In order for there to be a dust cloud one of these things must happen: the wind hits the found and disperses to knock up the dust or the wind vortex I. The area to carry the dust around I the air... The wind must either in an idol fashion linger or cease to exist.

The cannon jutsu creates a gust that streams from what it seems in the anime this means that when it hit the ground that it would span outwards or upwards or blow a hole in the ground. It wouldn't create a dust cloud cause the wind would carry the dust away as it collided with the ground and was forced outwards unless like I said on impact it disperses in order to just knock up the dust so that it can float freely in the air.

Now your post was a custom jutsu that you posted to form a cloud of dust, not send dust else where as the canon jutsu does pickin it up and carrying it to another place to settle in order to make one's footing loose. So sense it was a custom jutsu you needed to explain however thing would work which you didn't. You never said the Futon would linger in order to keep the dust in the air off the ground as the wind would have to swirl around us to do so. That means I my one other option was left, the wind hit the ground and dispersed on impact in ordero knock the dust off the ground. Which means there is no longer any futon at play to null my second raiton currents charging throughout the cloud of dust. And sense after I posted this second shocking throughout the dust and you didn't say anywhere there was still futon at play my attack was legit. Therefor as I posted you were shocked to death as you laid there in the dust cloud.

The definition of a dust cloud is particles suspended in the air. So for a cloud of dust to be around us the dust needs to be floating around not being blown away across the ground settling on stuff as the winds pass by which how the canon jutsu shows it. The canon jutsu does not create a dust cloud but rather blows dust onto a surface to collect.. From your post this cloud seems rather thick and in a fashio it will linger. The cano. Jutsu wouldn't cause dust to linger but be carried away from our location.

And the checkmate thing was a mental thought in Tachi's head. He is the typical arrogant Uchiha.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:16:12 PM by UettoSenju »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2013, 02:44:17 AM »

Temari uses her Giant Folding Fan to generate a gust of wind that layers the surrounding area in a blast of sand. This layer of sand that accumulates on the nearby trees makes it difficult for others to get a good footing. The initial gust can also temporarily blind opponents by lodging sand in their eyes.

This is the narutopedia description of the technique in question. The initial gust was the major blinding effect, as described in the first post of the jutsu being used. (Albeit, a massive smokescreen would suggest something completely unseeable through; wind release chakra, wind-dust particles, to a sharingan, that would certainly be blinding almost to that scale)

The timeframe for Tachi's next post takes place, basically, at the start of the previous post; okay, that's fine. Since the explosion did not happen, then in his post, only two things happened according to his post; the second 'shock', that occurring at the start of my previous post and was already conveniently addressed, and Tachi bracing himself, as he should have been very well blinded by the storm just as much as I had, since he didn't bother covering his eyes or anything of the sort.

That means, that the timeframe of what I would need to respond to was already covered in the previous post; by making reference to the locations of Tachi, Eric, and Rita, I made it rather clear that your initial surge of Raiton hit me only because it had been executed prior to Rita's technique.

As a result, the dust would be kicked up, with the Futon, at the same time that this so called second attack occurs. Well, if the Raiton would not be able to conduct between the particles due to the Futon, then the timing of your second attack would be terrible (a flaw in your RP) since it would occur during a time in which it would not be able to, well, occur.

Yes, from my post, the technique would certainly linger, as it had originally been generated by the beats of Rita's wings. Considering where you were on the map, it would have probably been logical that you might would have been knocked over standing where you were.

But that I overlooked, and down the road it would seem that would have solved at least one piece of this delimma.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2013, 03:00:52 PM »

For the Fuuton to be in this lingering dust it would have to be spiraling around the area or something to keep the dust in our location. If it is not there would be no dust as it would be sweep away by the winds and carried else where.

So I don't see how this Fuuton is in the dist cloud at all after knocking it up. The whole thing you argued was that you didn't have to post a counter, which is a incorrect statement in my eyes, cause there would be wind element chakra in this dust cloud. But you never noted for it to stay in the cloud.... Like I said from your post the only logic I can draw is that the futon hit the ground and dispersed meaning ot was no longer in play. Therefor my raiton was able to strike throughout the cloud, something I don't have to be able to see to do might I add.

The timing isn't thrown off my first shock was nulled by the Fuuton to then come back in full force after it throughout the dust cloud which you are laying in. You never said that this jutsu of yours would last an extended amount of time to carry overtop the next posting round nor did you note it still in effect the next round.

And if it was a gust that lasted more then just hitting the ground them there would be no dust cloud formed at this time cause the winds would hit the ground, being launched straight down from Rita, and sweep outwards across the ground or back upwards.

Not only did you no post a counter in you post or in your previous not the jutsu would carry over future rounds in some fashion. The way you rped this futon jutsu creating a dust cloud means that it had to impact the ground and then disperse or cease to exist to knock the dust up so it wouldn't be carried elsewhere by the winds. Therefor I still see it as my win.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2013, 10:30:07 PM »

What I am seeing (to put it shortly, I've had quite the day) and saying is that as long as the dust storm was existant, the technique was in effect. I noted that Futon would be present with the particles in the initial post that I started the jutsu on.

So, seeing as the dust storm continued, then the technique itself continued; no dust storm, no super shock. Dust storm, potential super shock that is prevented by the addition of Futon throughout the storm's particles.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 10:30:48 PM by Eric »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2013, 02:00:44 AM »

Code: [Select]
[code[the powerful beat of her wings kicking up the
dust and (c)
Nara Eric rubble from earlier, creating a massive smokescreen that would, if Tachi kept his eyes open for any sort of
duration, get sand, dirt, and small particles in general into his eyes, obscuring his vision and temporarily reducing his
ability to (c0
Nara Eric utilize the sharingan.

All you note was the futon wind hitting the ground to kick/knock up the dust, into the air. The dust can freely drift/float in the air from there without Futon needed so where is it noted that the futon is still in the dust?
Like I said it seem that the futon hit the ground and dispersed meaning that it did nothing more but knock up dust, or kick as you say. If it was to keep pushing about after hitting he ground it would have swept the dust off else where, but that isn't what you post says happens. And you don't seem to say that the Fuuton is moving about in a restricted area of the dust knocked up as to keep it at bay in that location.... I don't think fuuton can just sit still. It is wind not air and wind is constantly moving which isn't said to be being done here within this cloud. So the only thing I can see is that the futon gust ends upon impacting the ground and kicking up the dust to drift in the area we are in.

This is why my second raiton currents came as the dust rose from the ground cause at that point the futon was taken out of play as it was not carrying the dust elsewhere but had simply kicked it up off the ground on impact.

Also you never note that it will still be in play and linger, the gust of futon that is. Nor do you note it to be present in your next post.

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 16 queries.