Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules  (Read 21223 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules
« on: December 04, 2013, 02:47:08 AM »

Guidelines

◾Jinchūriki are to be hunted in-character. As a requirement, knowledge as to their identity and location are mandatory to possess in order to legitimately locate them (not so much the latter if the jinchūriki is constantly roaming outside of a village).

◾Identity can be discovered if it's made common knowledge within a village and word gets around. Additionally an incredibly skilled sensor or another jinchūriki can sense and identify them if they're nearby within the same zone.

◾Location can be discovered through common knowledge similarly with identity. In the case of wandering jinchūriki, entering the zone they're in by chance and then using a sensor/jinchūriki is sufficient enough to locate them (so long as they have no safeguards preventing sensing up).

◾Jinchūriki have an obligation to roleplay, posting in a public location outside their village of residence at least once every fortnight for the length of a day, even if it's just to visit another village. Those unaffiliated with a village should either post in a village or in the zones.

◾Jinchūriki have an obligation to be active, and are stripped of their bijū if they cannot get online and do their round (1 post in public a fortnight), regardless of the reason. The leader of their clan will inherit the bijū; if the jinchūriki wasn't in a clan, then a tournament/event can be arranged to determine a suitable host.

◾Unless a jinchūriki has outstanding life force (from being either an Uzumaki, having Wood Release or from being downright immortal), they will die when stripped of their bijū. Else they will be left in a crippled state.

◾Tailed beasts must be sealed within a jinckurii within a week of capture. Tailed beasts may be captured yet still before that time since there is no grace period.

(Pending Approval) Or, a tailed beast may be treated as a summon of the user. However, control of the beast must be maintained via genjutsu, and the user is only capable of defensive moves while the beast is active. In order to lose possession of the tailed beast, the user must have their contract nullified, control lost of the tailed beast, and/or have the beast sealed by someone else.

(Pending Approval) If a host is killed while still hosting the tailed beast, then the beast also dies. The challenger, technically then, loses; however, when the beast respawns within a week's time, they are permitted to participate in the fight for the beast. In the meantime, among the challenger and the challenged, a game master must be declared to control the beast itself.
      The privilege to do so may be conceded to another party. If a decision has not been made due to a lack of choice availability, then the former host may control the tailed beast. Clear abuse of this will result in an official GM controlling the beast, the choice of which depends on availability and best two out of three for rock-paper-scisssors, with timestamps being used to limit hax.

◾The notion of real-time travel applies, where in cases a real day must elapse for one to travel from point A to B, with reductions depending on travel mode and obstacles between points. The Body Flicker Technique will not suffice as a suitable travel method, as opposed to summonings.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:13:36 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Re: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2013, 02:49:04 AM »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2013, 02:51:15 AM »

I guess.

Damn dude, that was quick... I had barely finished cleaning the post up when you replied lol.

I'll adjust the one posted here so that it's all on the same page.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2013, 02:55:39 AM »

What is the point of the grace period rule if there are no longer challenges? Or are we saying that you don't have to leave yourself available to challenge when you get a bijuu?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2013, 03:10:37 AM »

What is the point of the grace period rule if there are no longer challenges? Or are we saying that you don't have to leave yourself available to challenge when you get a bijuu?

Omitted.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2013, 03:15:39 AM »

Well that answers that question, I thought of another though. What happens if I kill a jinchuriki, lets say by decapitating them, anything other than extracting their bijuu really. What is going to happen then?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 03:17:11 AM by Akasaka Rakudo »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2013, 03:17:43 AM »

Updated.

If you kill the host, then the tailed beast dies. In a sense, you lose the challenge, so I guess the tailed beast would have to respawn, either in the village of origin or out in the wild as had been discussed during the discussion.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2013, 03:21:34 AM »

If you kill the host, then the tailed beast dies. In a sense, you lose the challenge, so I guess the tailed beast would have to respawn, either in the village of origin or out in the wild as had been discussed during the discussion.

Pretty much.

Give it a couple-few weeks to regenerate before it becomes free game.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2013, 03:23:41 AM »

Updated.

Ok so it appears in the woods somewhere. How do we determine where? Will it always be the same country in which the jinchuriki died? Could it be anywhere in the world? Who gets to rp as the bijuu? Will that be the job of certain people?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2013, 03:32:34 AM »

Ok so it appears in the woods somewhere. How do we determine where? Will it always be the same country in which the jinchuriki died? Could it be anywhere in the world? Who gets to rp as the bijuu? Will that be the job of certain people?

RP'r: One of the game mods if and only if there are multiple parties participating, else whoever gets to the location first gains the rights to perform their own and the beast's actions at their discretion (meaning that they shouldn't make it a cakewalk if they're only at a Genin-level, though even then it'd probably be better for a more senior RP'r to coordinate the strings), seeing they'd likely have the skills to take it down on their lonesome or in a group that's already mutually selected somebody to host it.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2013, 03:35:19 AM »

RP'r: One of the game mods if and only if there are multiple parties participating, else whoever gets to the location first gains the rights to perform their own and the beast's actions at their discretion (meaning that they shouldn't make it a cakewalk if they're only at a Genin-level, though even then it'd probably be better for a more senior RP'r to coordinate the strings), seeing they'd likely have the skills to take it down on their lonesome or in a group that's already mutually selected somebody to host it.

Updated, more or less, with a clear twist regarding ownership.

It can always be changed, but I reasoned it fair to first give a chance for someone to be selected to host it from the two; if they can't agree, then the challenged gets one last chance to see where the beast goes off to. However, if they clearly abuse it by allowing someone to easily take it, or doesn't attempt to negotiate at all, then an official GM takes over.

Doesn't sound all that rough. That addition, of course, will have to be pending approval.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2013, 03:42:57 AM »

I'm alright with Eric's version there. I'm just trying to think of every loop hole that could be abused, and I know we won't get them all until someone does just that.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2013, 03:46:50 AM »

Seems fair.

Maybe the past host (assuming their character's dead) could control it if a GM is unable to do so if they've managed to master more than half of its tails when they were alive?
I'd think that if 50%> tails are mastered, then there'd be a somewhat friendly relationship between beast and host, enough for the beast to hold a grudge against those who partook in their death and favor towards those allied with the ex-host (meaning there'd be contextual bias depending on the deceased host's relationships).

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2013, 03:48:38 AM »

Seems fair.

Maybe the past host (assuming their character's dead) could control it if a GM is unable to do so if they've managed to master more than half of its tails when they were alive?
I'd think that if 50%> tails are mastered, then there'd be a somewhat friendly relationship between beast and host, enough for the beast to hold a grudge against those who partook in their death and favor towards those allied with the ex-host (meaning there'd be contextual bias depending on the deceased host's relationships).

Makes sense, at this point Gyuki would be pissed at anyone that killed Bee, but PTS Kurama would have probably thanked anyone that got him out of Naruto.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2013, 03:57:58 AM »

Seems fair.

Challenged and host are all the same. Anyways, the point of it is, a GM would only be required to control it if either the host abused their privilege or if the host and the challenger could not decide on someone to control the beast.

Controlling and mastering the tails is different than bonding with the beast. The latter is very subjective, but the former can be done without ever really bonding personally with the beast.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.