Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules  (Read 21276 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2013, 02:26:48 AM »

I was always under the impression that if you won an OOC Biju match then the Biju is yours. There is no need to do the unsealing of the Biju or whatever for it is OOC after all.

Really it is like fighting someone who is defending their village's Biju while the Biju is not sealed within them but within an object or something in the village. If you beat them then the Biju is yours otherwise after beating them OOCly you would have to go to the village in character wise and get the object... which beats the point of the OOC fight to start with.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2013, 03:31:37 AM »

Kamui brought up a point in our thankfully OOC fight that would have been a large pain had it been IC. He sealed the Nibi in his Kamui pocket dimension and I killed him, he was an Edo Tensei so his body just crumbled. The heck would happen then? Just say the Bijuu arbitrarily appears somewhere?
I don't think I grasp, are you saying that a tailed beast is in the pocket dimension?
Yes >.>

Just to elaborate...I don't have any usage to the "Kamui" technique.
I basically did what Kabutomaru was planning on doing and that was sealing the beast into the KoH. ( Naraka Path )
Well the point still stands and that is really no different. Though Kabuto was going to store B and Naruto in the KoH and then revive them to extract the beasts, he was not going to somehow stuff the whole bijuu in there.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2013, 04:47:37 AM »

I basically did what Kabutomaru was planning on doing and that was sealing the beast into the KoH. ( Naraka Path )

How should anything be treated when stored in the KoH? Deceased? If the fight was OOC, then Kamui wasn't dead...dead, so he'd be able to retrieve it afterwards wouldn't he? Hence if unless Rakudo could somehow coerce Kamui into getting it out, then he wouldn't be counted as 'dead', and hence the Nibi wouldn't spawn outside right?

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2013, 05:03:09 AM »

Honestly, I don't see what is actually stopping Rakudo from claiming that it spawned outside due to the OOC death of Kamui.
I mean take your prize, it's right there in front of you. :roll:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 05:04:48 AM by Camel »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 18, 2013, 05:05:44 AM »

Honestly, I don't see what is actually stopping Rakudo from claiming that it spawned outside due to the OOC death of Kamui.

I was sure that there was a fixed period, say a week or so that had to elapse before a beast could respawn, though if you don't really mind it respawning in that instance, then whatever works I guess.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 18, 2013, 06:04:45 AM »

Rakudo wins!!!! Rakudo magically without an explanation has the biju!!! End of story!!!

It was OOC that isn't to hard to understand... or is it  :o

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #36 on: December 18, 2013, 06:13:03 AM »

Rakudo wins!!!! Rakudo magically without an explanation has the biju!!! End of story!!!

We know, that is not the argument. I was asking what would we do in the future if such a thing occurred IC. That is having the bijuu locked in a pocket dimension or the KoH and having the "owner" die.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2013, 06:19:59 AM »

We know, that is not the argument. I was asking what would we do in the future if such a thing occurred IC. That is having the bijuu locked in a pocket dimension or the KoH and having the "owner" die.

Magically claim it still, lol.

Anyways what as ever decided about making the biju thing being all IC hunting or whatever.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 18, 2013, 04:51:29 PM »

Sounds like that would count as 'abuse' of the system, and appropriate measures would have to be taken. Depending on where it happens and all.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2013, 04:35:41 PM »

There is a question I would like to ask regarding the summoning of a biju (semi off topic with the current conversation but it's been bugging me) What if one does not wish to become a jinchuuriki, but instead decided to summon it through say the usage of Sharingan's Genjutsu, Gedo mazo, sheer "friendliness", etc. How would that work in relation to the new rules of being sealed within a "proper host"? Could one simply have a summoning seal upon them or some realm dedicated to their captured biju and that would count as proper or what?
Lol I'm hungry.

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2013, 06:50:22 PM »

I already brought up the whole 'having to leave the village' thing. It doesn't make much sense since, if Rakudo is any example, you can just go and attack the village.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2013, 08:16:49 PM »

I already brought up the whole 'having to leave the village' thing. It doesn't make much sense since, if Rakudo is any example, you can just go and attack the village.

And you'll get meta-gamed into oblivion if my case is worth any note. It's exactly what I thought would happen and it is exactly what's happening.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2013, 08:40:54 PM »

Well you don't really have to leave on a huge travel. You could just rp some training in zone one stating to be in nearby out skirts. Like 15 minute hick from Suna.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2013, 03:06:38 AM »

Nathan, the whole point of that was to avoid having the fight in the village itself. Even know, some RP (not a whole lot) is kinked because of what is going on right now in Konoha. Had Rakudo brought a force of Mist ninja, then we'd be talking a full scale war in the village board.

Which technically shouldn't be happening anyways per Neji's rules, but irregardless, a location outside the village would facilitate a zone transfer. Yeah, you can still attack the village if you want to (or even need to) but if people want to hoard the beast at the center of the village at every waking moment, they will have to have them go off on a stroll, even if it is still within sight of the village walls (relatively, abuse will be noted).

◾Jinchūriki have an obligation to roleplay, posting in a public location outside their village of residence at least once every fortnight for the length of a day, even if it's just to visit another village. Those unaffiliated with a village should either post in a village or in the zones.

Why does it makes sense for  person to have to leave their village at least once a week in RP? Especially a Kage? I might not leave a village for months on end. It'[s not like we are jet setting about the world. WE have to walk everywhere. Most people do. I am going to cross the desert one a week? It's huge and should take me a week to do.

◾(Pending Approval) If a host is killed while still hosting the tailed beast, then the beast also dies. The challenger, technically then, loses; however, when the beast respawns within a week's time, they are permitted to participate in the fight for the beast. In the meantime, among the challenger and the challenged, a game master must be declared to control the beast itself.
      The privilege to do so may be conceded to another party. If a decision has not been made due to a lack of choice availability, then the former host may control the tailed beast. Clear abuse of this will result in an official GM controlling the beast, the choice of which depends on availability and best two out of three for rock-paper-scisssors, with timestamps being used to limit hax.

I feel that at no time should a hopeful for the beast be the one permitted to control it during their own fight to claim it. Meaning, no alts controlling the beast.
Participate in the fight for the free biju was not supposed to imply that one could control the beast in their efforts to control it. Alts would have to fall under abuse; people can and will find a way to get around this stuff, and it would be easier to just consider 'abuse' very broadly.

And while I don't want to cause a fuss, I will plainly state this: If you don't want your Kage having to deal with these issues, then either don't have the Kage host it, or we make a loophole that Kages are exempt. And a fortnight is two weeks if I recall correctly.

There is a question I would like to ask regarding the summoning of a biju (semi off topic with the current conversation but it's been bugging me) What if one does not wish to become a jinchuuriki, but instead decided to summon it through say the usage of Sharingan's Genjutsu, Gedo mazo, sheer "friendliness", etc. How would that work in relation to the new rules of being sealed within a "proper host"? Could one simply have a summoning seal upon them or some realm dedicated to their captured biju and that would count as proper or what?

The main reason that beasts are supposed to be in a host is somewhat carrying over the biju challenge concept of no biju companions. I mean, this can be changed if people really want that storm, but I soundly object to allowing that at this time.

Why? Again, abuse. You have contract, you lose fight, someone else summons beast, now you gotta fight a whole new war. The whole concept would have to be reworked to fit a system that allows that.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Tsuyo

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2013, 05:11:13 AM »

The main reason that beasts are supposed to be in a host is somewhat carrying over the biju challenge concept of no biju companions. I mean, this can be changed if people really want that storm, but I soundly object to allowing that at this time.

Why? Again, abuse. You have contract, you lose fight, someone else summons beast, now you gotta fight a whole new war. The whole concept would have to be reworked to fit a system that allows that.

It would essentially be the same as any old jinchuuriki dying and losing the beast, just that the character loses summoning rights to their biju(summoning seals/storage seals dedicated to the biju included), and it goes wherever according to how a normal jinchuuriki loses the beast. One contract per biju so people don't end up 'sharing'. I don't see how that can be abused.
Lol I'm hungry.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 20 queries.