Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules  (Read 21916 times)

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
Re: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2013, 03:22:32 PM »

So example the argument Magic ears is sorted out Rakudo wins blabla (I'm not saying that will be so) if then attacks Yujo  can we as leaf shinobi team up with Yujo and beat the crap out of him?

That'd be fine.

Cool.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2013, 05:16:59 PM »

So what about folks that decide to fight the beast rather than the player? Or if the player summons the beast right in the middle of places? If the beast were to be called into battle, say, middle of a village, that would practically be insta-hit on much of the village's infrastructure, and at least some of the shinobi would be devoted to fighting the beast alone, not to mention their likely well powered master..

All that aside, if you can have the tailed beast there by your side while you fight, there would be no point in there being jinckurii anymore, as most interested parties are strong enough to manipulate/befriend a tailed beaset on their own.

I think my final begrudgement would have to be the fact that, well, it's a fricken tailed beast. I know there are summons rivaling their strength, but having to fight a tailed beast and its Madara companion? Might as well go screw Sakura, get punched in the throat, and call it a day. It's not impossible, but the amount of damage that one could do with a tailed beast, legitimately, is just too considerable in my opinion.

There is no measurement of affection/manipulation or even tails mastery. Capture beast, make it do your bidding, and flatten a zone with a single swipe of blood and some handsigns.

My only response to this is that there are far more OP techniques out there that can annihilate villages.(Grand shinra tensei, Chibaku Tensei, elemental techniques tuned to max strength, etc.) Not only this, but what about those jinchuuriki who simply uses the full transformation of a biju? Welp, there goes the entire argument there.

Also, there is a point to being a jinchuuriki; near limitless and constant supply of chakra and extra abilities to boot. That is far more incentive than simply controlling a biju. I'm just saying that if we're going to have Biju be a tool to be hunted down, let it be the entire tool set instead of a simple hammer. Such is the power of a biju after all, and in my opinion it should be fully unleashed, or one should have the option of doing such without having the title "jinchuuriki" shoved down their throat. It is rather unfair to those who want a biju, but does not want to be a jinchuuriki, is it not?

Not to mention, would this not open a window for all of the biju hunters who are solitary? Allowing them to use the biju they acquire aside from the one within them instead of having to relinquish it right after due to not having a "proper host"? (Unless we can seal multiple biju within ourselves...That would be boss.)

I can't argue against that (except that multi-biju host idea, which is like a minefield with how things are now) so for the most part, I don't have much to say on that.

Regarding the rules and everything. The rules had been rather weakly enforced along with that lack of widespread knowledge (at least, I didn't really enforce them) so it never really dawned on me to start spamming the link into village board chats and PMs.

The original thread, in fact, had many of the ideas that are listed here. While you are still not gonna find a horde of people the size of a small town having posted comments, the original thread had been summarized and re-posted for the sake of convenience.

As such convenience, it failed to hit the mark that the hosts, new and old, were completely clueless that this had even happened a month or so ago.

http://forum.shinobilegends.com/index.php/topic,7846.165.html

There is the original thread. People want summaries so a summary was given sometime later. Reposted, anyways, to clean everything up. The fact that there were so many hits on the original made it seem like the new list was already at least read. The proposed section obviously was not apart of the original discussion, which is why it is still labeled proposed.

There are shady things going on, but the community not having some input on this is not one of those things. :P
Regarding this little topic. This is exactly what I did with the Rokubi when it was in my possession. Went through the RP process of putting it under a genjutsu with my Mangekyou to tame it, en-caged it within a Wood Dragon-based cage, took a part of  it's chakra and sealed it into a big scroll to create a summoning contract for it to be bound to.

This wasn't really a problem at all with the old rules of mixed OOC/IC stuff when Bijuu were either listed as "sealed" somewhere ambiguous, or was sealed within a host. It's not much of a problem with the new rules that make everything IC either, since it's pretty much the same ordeal of sealing and such. Now the only time when this could be a problem, is if a Bijuu becomes rampant due to a village not sealing it within someone in a week's time. But even then, it's open game to whoever can get it calmed down or sealed first. Or when there is a host, and the summoner causes bodily pain to them every time they try to summon the Bijuu.

Now here's what I'm wondering: Can I pull a Madara and do this?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2013, 06:47:19 PM »

Summoning a biju right out of a host? I would like to think not.

Letting the biju be companions, okay, but summoning beasts right out of their hosts? I can see a "host" of problems with that one. If you're talking about just the Mazou, then I don't see the harm.

So remove the bit about it has to be in a host?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2013, 07:28:21 PM »

So example the argument Magic ears is sorted out Rakudo wins blabla (I'm not saying that will be so) if then attacks Yujo  can we as leaf shinobi team up with Yujo and join him in dying horribly?

Why yes, yes you can.

Lazy Oogakari, Steel

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 20, 2013, 07:45:20 PM »

So example the argument Magic ears is sorted out Rakudo wins blabla (I'm not saying that will be so) if then attacks Yujo  can we as leaf shinobi team up with Yujo and join him in dying horribly?

Why yes, yes you can.
Wow.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 20, 2013, 08:07:19 PM »

Why yes, yes you can.
Wow.

But, Rakudo could do the same if he so chose. It's a potential double edged sword.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2013, 06:03:12 AM »

I'm not typically a fan of just controlling the tailed beast. With all the rinnegan, mokuton, and sharingans about it's just too simple. I mean you can instantly just start biju bombing villages and still attack yourself. At least if its sealed in someone, it takes a bit before they can do everything and can't double attack.

If your going to have the biju just be controlled, some new guidelines should be drawn up, it's too easy nowadays.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2013, 06:07:41 AM »

I'm not typically a fan of just controlling the tailed beast. With all the rinnegan, mokuton, and sharingans about it's just too simple. I mean you can instantly just start biju bombing villages and still attack yourself. At least if its sealed in someone, it takes a bit before they can do everything and can't double attack.

If your going to have the biju just be controlled, some new guidelines should be drawn up, it's too easy nowadays.

I find myself leaning toward this as well.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2013, 11:02:46 PM »

Actually I wouldn't mind if some sort of guidelines were drawn up for users that decided to use the Bijuu as a summon; as oppose to sealing them in a person.

Maybe we could treat it how we do with one of the Edo Tensei's rules...if that user happened to summon that specific beast into battle, well they themselves are only to post in defense-like manner.
No offensive maneuvers when you're atop the beast. (This means no Susano'o-enhanced Bijuudama)

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2013, 11:34:44 PM »

Good ideas Kamui, perhaps borrow some Edo rules. Like the no offensive maneuvers and add a tax percentage rate for summoning the beast like with Edos.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 22, 2013, 12:25:35 AM »

If there's going to be a Madara-like approach to this, then I say use the circumstances which applied to him (Madara); make it so that you'd need to have the beast under the influence of a powerful genjutsu to control it, you lose an action (meaning you can only make one action, offensive or defensive per post) while the beast is out with there being a fairly big chakra cost to summon it (if not having an ongoing taxation to keep the genjutsu active), and the beast will always contain a distinct hatred towards the one(s) that had it under a genjutsu. The genjutsu is also breakable via whatever weaknesses it may specifically have, and unless anything is done afterwards the beast will immediately lash out at its previous captor regardless of the presence of other parties.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 22, 2013, 01:31:53 AM »

If there's going to be a Madara-like approach to this, then I say use the circumstances which applied to him (Madara); make it so that you'd need to have the beast under the influence of a powerful genjutsu to control it, you lose an action (meaning you can only make one action, offensive or defensive per post) while the beast is out with there being a fairly big chakra cost to summon it (if not having an ongoing taxation to keep the genjutsu active), and the beast will always contain a distinct hatred towards the one(s) that had it under a genjutsu. The genjutsu is also breakable via whatever weaknesses it may specifically have, and unless anything is done afterwards the beast will immediately lash out at its previous captor regardless of the presence of other parties.

With so many Uchiha around, I'm sure many will just choose Tsuykiomi or something of the sort. Since you specifically said genjutsu, then I doubt Mokuton will help much unless putting the beast to sleep is a start.

So only defensive actions, a percentage of chakra constantly taken while the beast is active, etc.

So, in order to lose the tailed beast, would you have to have the contract broken, lose hypnotic control of the beast, have it sealed away, or all of the above?

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 22, 2013, 01:53:27 AM »

So, in order to lose the tailed beast, would you have to have the contract broken, lose hypnotic control of the beast, have it sealed away, or all of the above?

All of the above, I'd say. it should in no way be any less riskier than having the beast stored in oneself (which raises a death flag for the duration of having it). Sure enough, one wouldn't be killed if their control was lost, though they could very well perish within the following few minutes.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2013, 02:03:48 AM »

A chakra-draining tax would be overall useless, since the summoner can just make the Bijuu transfer their chakra to them if they choose to stand upon it (which will most-likely be the case 90% of the time).

Losing control of a Bijuu would be a little tricky in itself, since breaking a contract entails using the Contract Seal (which is claimed technique). Losing hypnotic control isn't a problem at all for Uchihas with their Mangekyou, and it becomes a non-existent problem for EMS users. Though sealing/restraining would be the most effective manner, especially with Mokuton techniques.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 22, 2013, 02:07:56 AM »

A chakra-draining tax would be overall useless, since the summoner can just make the Bijuu transfer their chakra to them if they choose to stand upon it (which will most-likely be the case 90% of the time).

Prohibit chakra transferring from a manipulated beast then?

Losing control of a Bijuu would be a little tricky in itself, since breaking a contract entails using the Contract Seal (which is claimed technique). Losing hypnotic control isn't a problem at all for Uchihas with their Mangekyou, and it becomes a non-existent problem for EMS users. Though sealing/restraining would be the most effective manner, especially with Mokuton techniques.

It all depends on the genjutsu. There's no reason that an existing genjutsu can't be overridden by a stronger one, or be outright cancelled (if all else fails, kill the manipulator). Minato had no means of doing either without a KG, hence he was forced to use the Contract Seal.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 02:09:56 AM by Angra Mainyu »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Page created in 0.089 seconds with 19 queries.