Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules  (Read 21338 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Another Biju Topic: This time, new Rules
« Reply #90 on: December 22, 2013, 08:35:06 AM »

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 22, 2013, 09:20:22 AM »

And then some. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioCsijlkSRo

Bugger that.
Well of course the combined Bijuudama explosion of 27.5 tails would do something that big. Counting Naruto as 4.5, since Minato has the other half. But Kishimoto kinda stopped caring about making the Bijuu even by that point.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 22, 2013, 09:57:46 AM »

And if a Susanoo-enhanced anything is capable of anywhere beyond a fifth of that, then it should be indisputably prohibited.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 22, 2013, 04:09:17 PM »

So, in order to lose the tailed beast, would you have to have the contract broken, lose hypnotic control of the beast, have it sealed away, or all of the above?

All of the above, I'd say. it should in no way be any less riskier than having the beast stored in oneself (which raises a death flag for the duration of having it). Sure enough, one wouldn't be killed if their control was lost, though they could very well perish within the following few minutes.

Screw that, it would be easier just to kill the controller. Unlike Edo Tensei, the death of the controller would free the beast and render them unable to return summon until their eventual revival.

Now, as for dealing with the tailed beast after that, take it under your control and you're pretty much done. Still, I wonder what would happen if the master did not summon their tailed beast, and yet, they're still defeated in battle.

The contract immedietaly switch over?

*Updated, did I miss anything on the front page?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2013, 04:13:58 PM by Eric »
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 22, 2013, 11:34:05 PM »

So, in order to lose the tailed beast, would you have to have the contract broken, lose hypnotic control of the beast, have it sealed away, or all of the above?

All of the above, I'd say. it should in no way be any less riskier than having the beast stored in oneself (which raises a death flag for the duration of having it). Sure enough, one wouldn't be killed if their control was lost, though they could very well perish within the following few minutes.

Screw that, it would be easier just to kill the controller. Unlike Edo Tensei, the death of the controller would free the beast and render them unable to return summon until their eventual revival.

Now, as for dealing with the tailed beast after that, take it under your control and you're pretty much done. Still, I wonder what would happen if the master did not summon their tailed beast, and yet, they're still defeated in battle.

It would be the same situation as killing a host. No Bijuu for the person to take.

And if a Susanoo-enhanced anything is capable of anywhere beyond a fifth of that, then it should be indisputably prohibited.
http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-621-page-18.html

Susanoo and a Wood Human have enough power to just block/catch one.

And let's not forget about this, which is able to just punch not just one, but tons of Susanoo-enhanced Bijuudama out of existence.

http://www.mangastream.to/naruto-chapter-627-page-6.html

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 22, 2013, 11:50:47 PM »

And let's not forget about this, which is able to just punch not just one, but tons of Susanoo-enhanced Bijuudama out of existence.

Not so funnily enough, you'd be claiming to use both of them if you could (though unfortunately for now you're just stuck with the Senjutsu Wood Release one).

I don't see how you can justify that it'd be better to wipe out one OP technique with one inarguably more OP one. If one bomb can raze a mountain (if not more), then what would those fists be capable of given the wood buddha's height which dwarves a mountain?

Just prohibit the Susanoo enhancement occur to prevent the onset of more crappy situations in the future.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 23, 2013, 12:03:31 AM »

Allow everything :cool:

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 23, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »

A rampant Exdeath is a scary Exdeath.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:04:52 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 23, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »

Not so funnily enough, you'd be claiming to use both of them if you could (though unfortunately for now you're just stuck with the Senjutsu Wood Release one).

I don't see how you can justify that it'd be better to wipe out one OP technique with one inarguably more OP one. If one bomb can raze a mountain (if not more), then what would those fists be capable of given the wood buddha's height which dwarves a mountain?

Just prohibit the Susanoo enhancement occur to prevent the onset of more crappy situations in the future.
There's that word: OP

What determines if something is OP though? Is there some kind of ratio between difficulty to attain and power that have to be even for something to not be OP? The giant buddha only requires ten resets to use (4x Mokuton, 6x Sage Mode). A Bijuudama requires none, and a Susanoo Bijuudama requires only four. Heck, the power to restrain and combat Bijuu one on one only requires four resets (4x Uchiha or 4x Mokuton).

This seems like the only option.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 23, 2013, 12:13:11 AM »

There's that word: OP

What determines if something is OP though? Is there some kind of ratio between difficulty to attain and power that have to be even for something to not be OP? The giant buddha only requires ten resets to use (4x Mokuton, 6x Sage Mode). A Bijuudama requires none, and a Susanoo Bijuudama requires only four. Heck, the power to restrain and combat Bijuu one on one only requires four resets (4x Uchiha or 4x Mokuton).

I'm talking village-erasing-in-one-technique-and-annihilating-everybody OP. Sure enough we have a grand Shinra Tensei , though that isn't necessarily going to kill any player characters, only instead convert it into a battlefield. A beast bomb spares no one, and sure enough an enhanced one won't be doing anybody any favors either.

Anyway as stated before, it's going to be worthless to have this and then justify that the giant wood buddha-probably-capable-of-wiping-out-a-village-in-one-post-itself is a generic counter to this, because that would require claiming that, and potentially using it to a similar extent. if anybody thinks that a Rinnegan + Sage Mode combo power-wise is unacceptable, then they sure as hell should rethink their stance on this as well.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 12:14:45 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 23, 2013, 04:35:44 AM »

It would be the same situation as killing a host. No Bijuu for the person to take...

It was a suggestion about a scenario regarding what happens, BUT, the tailed beast would eventually be revived, and be up for grabs again. What route is taken for that I've already made a proposal for.

And I agree with Angra all the way, allowing enhanced tailed beast bomb/ susano'o biju is opening a can of worms. I'm not saying dumb it down to where everyone stands a chance, but if the only counter is to have the most powerful wood release techniques (or use space-time ninjutsu to dodge, but even then, you can't teleport an entire village without a squad), that rival Perfect Susano'o (if not greater in strength), then  we are begging for village-wide destruction in a single post.

Combine this with perfect senninka, and you have two tailed beasts and a susano'o betwixt the lot of you. Overpowered can be relative, either through extreme convenience or overwhelming power to the point that it is a royal flush. But, many of us are on different levels and opinions, so while OP to me is even something like hiraishin, others would find it just fine.

And to be technical, the power to restrain and catch a biju could be done with no resets, if you don't count secret techniques as resets, which most don't.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 23, 2013, 10:59:41 PM »

It would be the same situation as killing a host. No Bijuu for the person to take...

It was a suggestion about a scenario regarding what happens, BUT, the tailed beast would eventually be revived, and be up for grabs again. What route is taken for that I've already made a proposal for.

And I agree with Angra all the way, allowing enhanced tailed beast bomb/ susano'o biju is opening a can of worms. I'm not saying dumb it down to where everyone stands a chance, but if the only counter is to have the most powerful wood release techniques (or use space-time ninjutsu to dodge, but even then, you can't teleport an entire village without a squad), that rival Perfect Susano'o (if not greater in strength), then  we are begging for village-wide destruction in a single post.

Combine this with perfect senninka, and you have two tailed beasts and a susano'o betwixt the lot of you. Overpowered can be relative, either through extreme convenience or overwhelming power to the point that it is a royal flush. But, many of us are on different levels and opinions, so while OP to me is even something like hiraishin, others would find it just fine.

And to be technical, the power to restrain and catch a biju could be done with no resets, if you don't count secret techniques as resets, which most don't.
Village-wide destruction is already guaranteed with any Bijuu to be honest. It's part of the deal of defending/fighting for it in the first place. The only thing you can really do is pick someone that is strong to be the host, or have strong people stay around your hosts at all times. That's always been the case in the series. People are going to take advantage of using their Biju in however way they want, since it's their's in the first place. Who's to say that someone can't seal a Biju in the Gedo Mazo and create a small portion of a White Zetsu army? Last I checked, people were allowed to do anything they want with their own Biju, so long as it doesn't clash with the Tampering of the Biju rule.

Also, when did these rules become agreed-upon as official?
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Tailed_Beasts#Guidelines

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 23, 2013, 11:39:36 PM »

Village-wide destruction is already guaranteed with any Bijuu to be honest. It's part of the deal of defending/fighting for it in the first place. The only thing you can really do is pick someone that is strong to be the host, or have strong people stay around your hosts at all times. That's always been the case in the series. People are going to take advantage of using their Biju in however way they want, since it's their's in the first place. Who's to say that someone can't seal a Biju in the Gedo Mazo and create a small portion of a White Zetsu army? Last I checked, people were allowed to do anything they want with their own Biju, so long as it doesn't clash with the Tampering of the Biju rule.

At the very least it'd be (far) easier to repel an unenhanced beast than an enhanced one. So what about a White Zetsu army? Aren't you claiming to have Susanoo-shrouded wood clone guards in Amegakure? Anyway, that White Zetsu army wasn't created on a whim; it took a considerable amount of time to produce a decently sized faction, and besides they aren't considerably powerful either.

Those 'rules' are just there so I don't have to add them in later (because I'm not here at everybody's convenience and all), they're prone to changes and whatever in this thread (figured somebody would ask).

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 24, 2013, 06:04:40 AM »

At the very least it'd be (far) easier to repel an unenhanced beast than an enhanced one. So what about a White Zetsu army? Aren't you claiming to have Susanoo-shrouded wood clone guards in Amegakure? Anyway, that White Zetsu army wasn't created on a whim; it took a considerable amount of time to produce a decently sized faction, and besides they aren't considerably powerful either.

Those 'rules' are just there so I don't have to add them in later (because I'm not here at everybody's convenience and all), they're prone to changes and whatever in this thread (figured somebody would ask).

Has a white zetsu like army.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.