Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Author Topic: Dwelling Renovations  (Read 2520 times)

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
Dwelling Renovations
« on: December 09, 2013, 07:47:23 AM »

Seeing how we don't have the option to build castles in the major villages, would it be possible to gain the ability to renovate them for a sum of turns, gold and gems? (Or just make them available for purchase/building?)

As an aside, would it be possible to gain the option to construct extensions in the form of additional comment areas in the form of extra rooms? Such as Dwelling Conversation Room #1 and so forth?

If that's not so great an idea, then how about gaining the ability to have utilities installed so that if a player were to rest in the dwelling, on the next game day they'd gain certain buffs (i.e. installing a kitchen can give a 'Hunger Satisfied' buff, or a bed(room) giving a 'Rested' buff)?

Akasaka Rakudo

Re: Dwelling Renovations
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2013, 08:12:01 AM »

Wouldn't hurt, and it sounds like a nice addition to have to boot.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2013, 07:04:00 PM »

Seeing how we don't have the option to build castles in the major villages, would it be possible to gain the ability to renovate them for a sum of turns, gold and gems? (Or just make them available for purchase/building?)

As an aside, would it be possible to gain the option to construct extensions in the form of additional comment areas in the form of extra rooms? Such as Dwelling Conversation Room #1 and so forth?

If that's not so great an idea, then how about gaining the ability to have utilities installed so that if a player were to rest in the dwelling, on the next game day they'd gain certain buffs (i.e. installing a kitchen can give a 'Hunger Satisfied' buff, or a bed(room) giving a 'Rested' buff)?

Kumo and Iwa allow castles I believe.

I think allowing more commentary areas is completely unnecessary. While I don't know what goes on behind your closed doors, it is unlikely that so much goes on that more commentary areas would be needed. If it is a privatizing the private sort of issues, then I think it should be minded what goes on in dwellings anyways.

Buffs for having utilities installed? I'd rather have manual control over trap/security setting, but I can see some sense in the idea. However, these buffs wouldn't be accessible (if you're meaning only in castle) till 25 kills or something.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2013, 10:25:24 PM »

I think allowing more commentary areas is completely unnecessary. While I don't know what goes on behind your closed doors, it is unlikely that so much goes on that more commentary areas would be needed. If it is a privatizing the private sort of issues, then I think it should be minded what goes on in dwellings anyways.

Buffs for having utilities installed? I'd rather have manual control over trap/security setting, but I can see some sense in the idea. However, these buffs wouldn't be accessible (if you're meaning only in castle) till 25 kills or something.

That'd make 2/5, not 5/5 however. There's no reason that they should have castles and the others shouldn't, just because they were publicly implemented later.

As for the buff-giving utilities, the option to construct each of them could probably open up every 5 or 10 DK's, starting from perhaps as you suggest, 25 DK's.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 01:33:40 AM »

That'd make 2/5, not 5/5 however. There's no reason that they should have castles and the others shouldn't, just because they were publicly implemented later.

As for the buff-giving utilities, the option to construct each of them could probably open up every 5 or 10 DK's, starting from perhaps as you suggest, 25 DK's.

I 'unno, cause they're special? Your previous comment had implied that there were no castles period. Anyways, if every village has castles, the specialness of the castles diminishes just a bit more. Hoshi used to be one of the few if not only places you could build one, and that worked just fine.

I think the utilities idea is cool, but what about paying the water bill? Gold is about inflated as dollars are atm... Even moreso actually.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 01:42:47 AM »

I 'unno, cause they're special? Your previous comment had implied that there were no castles period. Anyways, if every village has castles, the specialness of the castles diminishes just a bit more. Hoshi used to be one of the few if not only places you could build one, and that worked just fine.

I think the utilities idea is cool, but what about paying the water bill? Gold is about inflated as dollars are atm... Even moreso actually.

Just how are Iwa and Kumo so special that the other main villages can't have castles? Sure enough, adding more castles may diminish their 'value', though letting Kumo and Iwa have them for no unique reason is a flaw in itself. They could probably be made more expensive to construct in turns, gold and gems as opposed to Hoshi, but other than that aside from the value-ridden sentiment, there's no reason to not make castles available in the other 3 main villages.

If it's about sustainability, then players should probably have to create their own means of providing the energy for utilizing certain utilities, such as constructing solar panels  or wind turbines to provide electricity for the kitchen, and maybe constructing a well and a filter for a fresh supply of water for the kitchen and perhaps the bathroom ('Squeaky Clean' buff anyone?). Of course in doing it this way, certain utilities won't be available to all dwellings.

Then again it'd be easier to just make a weekly or fortnightly tax with figures based on the number of utilities owned rather than making dwellings self-sustainable.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 08:52:31 AM by Angra Mainyu »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2013, 05:33:45 PM »

Just how are Iwa and Kumo so special that the other main villages can't have castles? Sure enough, adding more castles may diminish their 'value', though letting Kumo and Iwa have them for no unique reason is a flaw in itself. They could probably be made more expensive to construct in turns, gold and gems as opposed to Hoshi, but other than that aside from the value-ridden sentiment, there's no reason to not make castles available in the other 3 main villages.

If it's about sustainability, then players should probably have to create their own means of providing the energy for utilizing certain utilities, such as constructing solar panels  or wind turbines to provide electricity for the kitchen, and maybe constructing a well and a filter for a fresh supply of water for the kitchen and perhaps the bathroom ('Squeaky Clean' buff anyone?). Of course in doing it this way, certain utilities won't be available to all dwellings.

Then again it'd be easier to just make a weekly or fortnightly tax with figures based on the number of utilities owned rather than making dwellings self-sustainable.

They have very few dwellings, having these specials within them might would make them more attractive. Most of the other villages have been around for much longer, and thus have a lot more dwellings (just look at Konoha and its pages).

And I think a tax every new day would be somewhat easier, since already you can get gold subtracted for Ak stuff.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2013, 07:38:52 AM »

They have very few dwellings, having these specials within them might would make them more attractive. Most of the other villages have been around for much longer, and thus have a lot more dwellings (just look at Konoha and its pages).

That isn't much of a solid justification. Just how many pages of dwellings would be necessary for these later implemented villages to possess before the other villages can make castles build-able?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2013, 04:13:01 PM »

Just how many is subjective to the time Neji has. XP

Just kidding, I don't know an exact number, but I'd say five pages wouldn't hurt imho.

Neji

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2013, 08:44:33 PM »

I'd give extra use for RP, but the RP faction didn't ask for new rooms really.

Of course we could make dwellings more interesting with stuff ^^
Never judge a cow by its udder.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2013, 09:08:29 PM »

I'd give extra use for RP, but the RP faction didn't ask for new rooms really.

Of course we could make dwellings more interesting with stuff ^^

Mini-bar? Ichiraku's with the convenience of home! Making resturuants obsolete style...  :twisted:

KayentaMoenkopi

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2013, 10:02:11 PM »

I like the buff options idea. I mean you lose turns if you stand guard. Why not have things like feeding your mount gains it X whatevers, or a rest buff, hunger satisfied buff...detriments could be too...so it is not without some risk.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 16 queries.