Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Author Topic: Magic Ears  (Read 30003 times)

Akasaka Rakudo

Magic Ears
« on: December 18, 2013, 06:12:03 AM »

So yeah, Magic Ears. I walk in the gates of Konoha, and say a few sentences. Yujo, in the Hokage mansion in the center of the village, can clearly hear me. Just because his ears are that amazing. So by that logic he must be able to hear pretty much the whole village, since you cannot selectively hear things, unless Yujo really is claiming Super Man's, Super Hearing.

He also says that me shunshining with Raiton no Yoroi would not dodge the baseball sized Kamui he was about to launch at my head. I did say I did the shunshin as he looked out the window, meaning just before he launched the Kamui, I really don't think there is even an argument for that one.

So Yujo needs to explain his god ears, and I guess people need to chime in on the fastest man alive's ability to be fast.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Magic Ears
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2013, 06:28:57 AM »

I honestly don't get how he did it without knowing you were entering the village and focused upon listening to you. I'm not saying that he can not hear to that degree as with the right training in SL terms I'm sure you can achieve such but I do think the person would have to be focusing to use some skill that blocks out all other sounds to focus in on the one they are trying to pick up on.

For instance Kirk learned how to use the Silent Killing Tech as on of his first skills on SL. He can literally hear the beating of one's heart. However, he has to focus on listening for those faint sounds such as the heart beat and small breaths. Its not just that he can walk around listening to everyone's heart beat. Later he want on to be able to tell if one is lying by listening for the heart to shit and to watch the body actions... but still he had to focus for the hearing part.

Yujo should be side tracked at the moment and not focused on listening for Rakudo. Sense he would have to filter through many sounds to do so and is currently talking with people.... now if he would have noted to sense Rakudo then listen in on him I could see where that would be more reasonable. Like how Nathan used the sensory barrier, that stretches like a quarter to half mile out into the nearby outskirts, to note Rakudo entering Konoha.

Hitler-Chan

• Moshi Moshi Adolf Desu~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2013, 06:31:14 AM »

"So by Rakudo's logic". I believe pulling this out of what he called a post would be nice to preface all of this.

To begin: The hearing, quite plain and simple is his only defense against not dying. What he tried to do is character control me, by first off, straight up saying 6 months of RL training equates to nothing, my ears are accustomed to this, as I have trained it. If this is the logic we are going by, Rakudo is not only not the fastest man alive, but the man with least amount of logic. What everyone trains for means nothing, no rinnegan, no KG mastery, no nothing which is quite silly. If training means nothing, then pie is cake, and cake is pizza, because this makes no sense.

Second: Moving out of a space time barrier is not possible, have you seen the technique? First off, I posted that as soon as I looked out the window, the kamui was shot. Your post as stated, "I did say I did the shunshin as he looked out the window", instant attack, happened at the same time. Hmm...

Lastly: Hush Kirk, you just want the Sword.
They say there is a strength in numbers, well, tell that to 6 Million Jews.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:40:59 AM »

I have good reason to want that sword... I need it for something.

And I still don't get how Rakudo is the fastest man in the world... that's BS just saying. I rped for like six years of physical training and for two of those years I rped nothing but it really posting training rp like three times a day, everyday. So yeah fastest...

But anyways, I am not saying there were not flaws in the rp I was commenting on the topic at hand which is the hearing. I still think one would have to focus to a degree for that.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 06:43:16 AM »

I said one of, and Rakudo no doubt trained for it too.

As Kirk said even with it being possible there is no reason for you to have been listening right there for me. If you can tune things out and then focus in it would make sense, you can't be listening to every sound at the same time and somehow process it all into individual noises. That would make no sense.

"As you looked out the window" you wouldn't know what you are aiming at. You don't know I am there, you'd have to look down at me where ever I am and then arbitrarily choose to kill me, which would give me enough time to Raiton Shunshin away. Though if your super hearing was fair like Kirk suggests you'd have no reason to decide I am the person coming to kill you.

About the barrier, I read that page and it says this "It is directly linked to a sphere of water under the Hokage's mansion and shows enemies and Konoha shinobi/villagers all the same. The sphere of water projects the entire village within and Green dots resemble Allies (Konoha shinobi or visitors that have been given the all clear from the sensory team and guards) while the Red dots resemble enemies (those without the all clear). "

But the gates are open all the time, EVERYONE is allowed to walk in, so how would the barrier be differentiating people? Maybe Kirk can explain that one.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2013, 06:55:18 AM »

Yes yes but I am not sure if any have trained it to the point that I have. I can't really say if they have or not but I trained the hell out of my character in terms of speed to the point it spanned over RL years of actually daily posting.

Well if the barrier is still like it was back when I was there and all. It actually picks up on chakra signatures, with the aid of sensory working along with the barrier team, to see if the chakra source is on file and to tell who the person is.  The info is then telepathically instantly sent to the higher ups of Konoha, along with relaid to the ANBU, Patrol Guards, and Root from there it spreads to the ranks. But the Hokage and a few others have a link to the barrier which allows them to pick up on someone the moment they enter.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2013, 06:57:25 AM »

Yes yes but I am not sure if any have trained it to the point that I have. I can't really say if they have or not but I trained the hell out of my character in terms of speed to the point it spanned over RL years of actually daily posting.

Well if the barrier is still like it was back when I was there and all. It actually picks up on chakra signatures, with the aid of sensory working along with the barrier team, to see if the chakra source is on file and to tell who the person is.  The info is then telepathically instantly sent to the higher ups of Konoha, along with relaid to the ANBU, Patrol Guards, and Root from there it spreads to the ranks. But the Hokage and a few others have a link to the barrier which allows them to pick up on someone the moment they enter.

Well I don't know then, has Rakudo ever been to Konoha before? I would assume he has. Since the gates remain open I would assume you would be getting pinged with new people on a relatively frequent basis, since they can come in any ol time they please.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2013, 07:07:11 AM »

Well I don't know then, has Rakudo ever been to Konoha before? I would assume he has. Since the gates remain open I would assume you would be getting pinged with new people on a relatively frequent basis, since they can come in any ol time they please.

It is linked to a huge data base that handles all the filtration and such like that. And at the time you were the only one entering  :P Even still I am just saying how it works to my knowledge.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2013, 07:07:37 AM »

Arbitrarily? No need to want to kill people. Jiongu user- Collects body parts. Kirk simply does not know how ototon works, at least not as well as I do, or some of the Otokage. I trained to be able to hear as I please, which is the main point of contention here, if you are refuting that, you refute all type of RP training so all of us are scrawny adults who know nothing about anything because you are refuting the results of years worth of RP time training. At this point, being as all of the old Otokage are gone or inactive, and since I have constantly trained those skills, I could claim to have the best hearing capabilities in all of SL. 

The barrier works like this: If you aren't a Shinobi of the Village, it will alert anyone who is connected to the barrier of anyone who is not recognized in the village. You are not. I am connected to the barrier as most higher-ups are.

And who the heck says you can just waltz out of a space time barrier like kamui is? If you are figuring in time, Kamui is instant, as soon as I say you, made the decision to shoot and kill. Instant, no premeditation. You were by the barriers jurisdiction a foreigner, so as soon as you entered the village you were marked by the barrier, I took two steps out the window, and shot immediately. You had no time to even figure out what was going on before you had a hole in your skull. No sensing abilities, no nothing, you were a sitting duck and got sniped, deal with it.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2013, 07:28:14 AM »

Ok so based on that your post is completely void worthy since you are meta-gaming SUPER hard.

You just said you can hear stuff as you want, meaning you do have to focus like Kirk said, so you didn't hear me. If you can focus your hearing on a random point of the village for no reason I can sneeze and accidentally dodge your Kamui.

By your logic with the barrier every villager is marked as an enemy, since none of them are Shinobi. You have not killed every person who has visited Konoha, doing so to the only person coming to fight you is again obvious meta gaming.

In short, your hearing is out due to meta gaming as is the barrier, since I'd be the dozenth odd person pinged as a foreigner.

Also you want to make Kamui even more god mod. It is cast in a micro second and cannot be escaped, the description is one of the most god mod things I have ever heard, and I've fought you before. Due to my Raiton shunshin the barrier would miss, I said that since it was so small avoiding it would only require a small movement. So the point of you wanting to buff Kamui is moot since it didn't hit.

Hitler-Chan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2013, 07:36:07 AM »

Go read the description of the barrier. Also, I am done arguing with you, the point of coming to the forums was to solve this with opinions other than ours. And to be honest, you are simply too ignorant, or whiner to speak with. So, I'm just gonna go, I'll post again when you say something that makes sense. Have a nice night.

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 18, 2013, 07:40:28 AM »

Agreed.

To have heard that, you would have had to be focused on Rakudo as he was saying it to hear it. Simple as that. If you were, that was meta-gaming, as why would someone in the middle of a conversation simply focus on a random area, where a random person walked in, a great distance away? There is no reason.

Second, Kamui is not instantaneous as shown multiple times in the series. The bigger, and further away the target, the longer it takes to use. Plus you'd have to be focused on the target also, this doesn't happen as soon as you look out a window, especially at such a distance. I mean, you could barely make out a person at the distance without some sort of telescopic vision, which sadly the Sharingan doesn't give.

Also, as shown again, it gets avoided plenty of times! So Rakudo avoiding it, even if he did move when it was activited, which is impossible as it would have taken time for Yujo to focus, he was still able to avoid it.

Just my two cents.

Akasaka Rakudo

« Reply #12 on: December 18, 2013, 07:44:08 AM »

I posted the description of the barrier earlier and just explained my point on it, once again your response is "You're stupid." If shooting holes through your arguments like a machine gun through wet tissue paper is whining then I guess I am whining. Everything you have said is contradictory at best, flat out god modding at the worst. You've got nothing. Kaito just summed up.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2013, 07:50:21 AM »

Go read the description of the barrier. Also, I am done arguing with you, the point of coming to the forums was to solve this with opinions other than ours. And to be honest, you are simply too ignorant, or whiner to speak with. So, I'm just gonna go, I'll post again when you say something that makes sense. Have a nice night.

Are you done arguing because you don't have any more points, you know you lost and your now gonna sulk? Because it seems to me like the case is you lost the argument and have left to sulk. Also ignorance is thinking you can have unavoidable techniques on a roleplay site and that people will agree to them.

And who the heck says you can just waltz out of a space time barrier like kamui is? If you are figuring in time, Kamui is instant, as soon as I say you, made the decision to shoot and kill. Instant, no premeditation.

Academy Student Example throws a shuriken, hitting the enemy in the shoulder, cutting through their veins, and disabling their arms. (Or as I'd like to say, Academy Student Idiot uses a one hit kill move to kill you dead because you weren't moving when I used it so your dead.)
That's auto-hitting. You're saying that you automatically hit the enemy and already state the outcomes.
You need to give the enemy a chance to react.

From the "How to Zone Fight" page of the wikia. It's got a lot of great stuff on how to actually RP fairly and not leave in a huff at the end of every argument.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 07:55:22 AM by Sabumaru »

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

ShinobiIceSlayer

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2013, 07:55:24 AM »

Agrees with Sabu on both points, realising he forgot to mention the auto-hit part in his own post.

But it's exactly right, you're basically telling Rakudo he can't avoid your attack? That's an auto-hit, and a meta-game in the one post! New record!!!! Someone give this man a reward!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 13

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 17 queries.