Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: A Shinobi Legend  (Read 11522 times)

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
A Shinobi Legend
« on: February 27, 2014, 06:27:23 PM »

Recently I was talking to someone about the large number of extremely powerful (See: OP) characters on SL. They're everywhere, and some people say I'm one of them! *blush*
But that got me thinking: I like all the OP characters. If people ever actually fought, or there was actual RP, it would probably be really cool RP.
Kishimoto didn't show us all the OP Madara/Rinnegan/Wood Release/Etc. stuf until the end of the comic. Even the wood release used by the first in the Oro vs. Hiruzen fight paled in comparison to the stuff we're seeing now.
Why?
Well probably because Kishi was making shit up as he went along. BUT, now the series is climaxing (teehee) an the action is INTENSIFIED so as to keep readers interested. So our OP characters should be capable of stirring up some really interesting stuff. The problem is nobody has any goals. Even the "evil" clans like Mortuus Vivus don't seem to be doing anything. I haven't seen a single "Mukuro" in any village besides OOC posts.
Nobody is doing anything, probably because nobody's characters have long-term goals.
If your character has one, feel free to tell me off and explain it. I can only speak for what I am seeing, obviously.

Anyways, what/who do you guys think defines what a "Shinobi Legend" is? I vote Raifudo because it's the obvious choice.

The second half of this post was paid for by the "Raifudo is God" corperation.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Isaribi

• View Profile
Re: A Shinobi Legend
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 11:53:18 PM »

I totally agree that the significant lack of goals is a serious problem on SL currently.

Upon my return, I've been trying to instill this same notion of goal-oriented RP back into Kirigakure. I'm curious as to what was going on before me, because I've introduced a lot to a system that was able to absorb much.

As for who a Shinobi Legend might be, I might agree with you on Raifudo. Since he is still around, though, I tend to think the "legend" part doesn't really fit. In that case, I almost would rather direct attention to the people who are no longer around but whose name still is known by many on SL. Like... Taumaster, Baluski, KBoogi, or Lebis. If the legend part doesn't bother you, though, I definitely would say Raifudo; I'd also say Shigeo.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 02:54:38 AM »

Goals... Pass chem 2, be in a three way, and drink till I pass out in a parking lot.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 03:02:40 AM »

Goals... Pass chem 2, be in a three way, and drink till I pass out in a parking lot.

If those were my goals, I'd have succeeded a couple years ago. <<;
You ought to expand a little, mate.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 03:17:37 AM »

If those were my goals, I'd have succeeded a couple years ago. <<;
You ought to expand a little, mate.

I set out a year from college so yeah I'm begin on classes, I'm loyal to my girl so I have to talk her into it, and the nearest parking lot to where I love is like twenty miles away lol.

Eric

• Roleplay Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 10:23:32 AM »

Recently I was talking to someone about the large number of extremely powerful (See: OP) characters on SL. They're everywhere, and some people say I'm one of them! *blush*
But that got me thinking: I like all the OP characters. If people ever actually fought, or there was actual RP, it would probably be really cool RP.
Kishimoto didn't show us all the OP Madara/Rinnegan/Wood Release/Etc. stuf until the end of the comic. Even the wood release used by the first in the Oro vs. Hiruzen fight paled in comparison to the stuff we're seeing now.
Why?
Well probably because Kishi was making shit up as he went along. BUT, now the series is climaxing (teehee) an the action is INTENSIFIED so as to keep readers interested. So our OP characters should be capable of stirring up some really interesting stuff. The problem is nobody has any goals. Even the "evil" clans like Mortuus Vivus don't seem to be doing anything. I haven't seen a single "Mukuro" in any village besides OOC posts.
Nobody is doing anything, probably because nobody's characters have long-term goals.
If your character has one, feel free to tell me off and explain it. I can only speak for what I am seeing, obviously.

Anyways, what/who do you guys think defines what a "Shinobi Legend" is? I vote Raifudo because it's the obvious choice.

The second half of this post was paid for by the "Raifudo is God" corperation.

The question might not be what are people's long-term goals for their character, but more of why there are relatively few long-term goals. Getting stronger was a pretty standard goal early on in the series, but now it's more like "stop the bad guys". As for SL, it is hard to make a call for where we're headed.

Now, as for shinobi legends... Well, rather than rattle off some "who's", since I could probably not rattle off many, I'd say it those who are not just remembered, but remembered specifically for contributions/addition to the system/RP.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 04:49:12 AM »

If I where an evil kinda guy I'd make a plot for SL but I just can't rp that kinda stuff, simply not in my nature. I do agree we need to get something stirred up though.

I may see what I can do.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2014, 02:20:39 AM »

If I where an evil kinda guy I'd make a plot for SL but I just can't rp that kinda stuff, simply not in my nature. I do agree we need to get something stirred up though.

I may see what I can do.

Evil is very subjective. What you call evil I call heroic, and vice versa. Just RP something that goes against the general flow and all.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2014, 04:43:28 PM »

I may see what I can do.

Evil is very subjective. What you call evil I call heroic, and vice versa. Just RP something that goes against the general flow and all.

I rp random drunk wondering about does that count?

Shadow

• Shadow's alternate first account.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2014, 07:45:21 AM »

''Rp against the flow.'' ''Stirred up'' You guys are precious. The same issue is always going to be there forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and......
If you don't know what I'm talking about look at everyone. All dem kg's and errbody unkillable yo.

People like normal rp and all, but then they want war and conflicts to spice it up, but it never happens because we've imposed a paradox.

You want a war where nobody dies.
Look at that smite number. Boy was I disliked a lot more back in the day.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2014, 06:47:20 PM »

''Rp against the flow.'' ''Stirred up'' You guys are precious. The same issue is always going to be there forever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and ever and......
If you don't know what I'm talking about look at everyone. All dem kg's and errbody unkillable yo.

People like normal rp and all, but then they want war and conflicts to spice it up, but it never happens because we've imposed a paradox.

You want a war where nobody dies.

It's a Catch 22, not a Paradox.

Also, your post has a significantly low quantity of "Raifudo for Shinobi Legend" propaganda, so it's flawed.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2014, 08:47:58 PM »

Raifudo for Shinobi Legend. ''Catch 22 is a much better example.'' Raifudo for Shinobi Legend. 

Nathan

• Site Staff (Moderator)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2014, 08:49:45 PM »

To become the Hokage and I did so. I never sought out popularity or to become the next Rai' or Zenaku, but it happened. Albeit, Nathan > Raifudo.

Shadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2014, 09:04:53 PM »

How long has this site been out now? Like 8-9 years. Those of us who've been on the site for a long time have achieved any long term goals we've sought out.

I'll go more into this 'Catch 22' scenario.

A group of extremely powerful exiled shinobi attack a village. The village sends out the normal and mundane jonin or anbu, they are quickly overcome.

Step 2, you send out the op of the village and the kage themselves. The intruders already blew up the wall and a few buildings.

Then what you want the two op groups to fight? I've seen enough bijuu fights to know the outcome already.

Unfortunately the only things I can see happening is a group attacking and then running away without a serious breakout of fighting.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2014, 09:23:54 PM »

How long has this site been out now? Like 8-9 years. Those of us who've been on the site for a long time have achieved any long term goals we've sought out.

I'll go more into this 'Catch 22' scenario.

A group of extremely powerful exiled shinobi attack a village. The village sends out the normal and mundane jonin or anbu, they are quickly overcome.

Step 2, you send out the op of the village and the kage themselves. The intruders already blew up the wall and a few buildings.

Then what you want the two op groups to fight? I've seen enough bijuu fights to know the outcome already.

Unfortunately the only things I can see happening is a group attacking and then running away without a serious breakout of fighting.

Can't fight an entire war like that, no not at all. But that is the "flow of RP", as that is just how things have been done for a couple years now. I haven't noted any major exceptions to that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 20 queries.