Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Addition to Bijuu Rules  (Read 4517 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Addition to Bijuu Rules
« on: April 25, 2014, 04:14:34 AM »

I remember, I think it was Kage, expressing worry about people switching through bijuu so they could have all of their passive abilities. I have an answer for that. People can claim sand release and other such abilities while they host the beast, but if they extract it before they master every tail then they will not retain the power afterwards. What do we think of that?

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Addition to Bijuu Rules
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 04:54:02 AM »

Well Shukaku's thing isn't really "Sand Release". It's just passive control over sand, with larger sand techniques requiring minimal hand seals. Though he has recently been shown to grant Magnet Release and seal creation on his body/sand as well.

But anyways, I feel that certain granted abilities such as the five basic elements can be kept. But special abilities (Extra Releases, Tailed Beast abilities, etc.) should be lost upon losing the beast. And don't bring up Gaara, because that was plot armor.

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 05:02:42 AM »

I've had Yoton for years because I've had the Yonbi thrice before. I've completely mastered him on all three occasions; I don't plan on giving up Lava Release now.

I agree with Bocc's proposal that the Bijuu needs to be completely mastered before any powers are retained.
Likewise, we should really just make sure that Bijuu don't fall into the hands of those who'd abuse their power for something as silly as keeping all the passives. Only skilled roleplayers should have the beasts in the first place, and they should pretty much stick to them unless it becomes a political matter.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 05:29:07 AM »

That's what I meant Kage :P and so we have two votes for only keeping things upon mastery, and one for never keeping the "special" abilities, beyond basic chakra affinities.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 05:32:38 AM »

I've had Yoton for years because I've had the Yonbi thrice before. I've completely mastered him on all three occasions; I don't plan on giving up Lava Release now.

I agree with Bocc's proposal that the Bijuu needs to be completely mastered before any powers are retained.
Likewise, we should really just make sure that Bijuu don't fall into the hands of those who'd abuse their power for something as silly as keeping all the passives. Only skilled roleplayers should have the beasts in the first place, and they should pretty much stick to them unless it becomes a political matter.

Eh, lets not take it that far. If Zen fights a noob and somehow loses, then that noob gets the Nine Tails. I know it's a silly example, but still. Once the Bijuu are out in RP, if you think someone who has a beast shouldn't, only way to change that is to handle it the good ol' fashion way with RP. Or, that's my opinion.

But that's not the topic. I agree that it should take full mastery to keep a skill, if a beast is ripped from the host... But, with new rules, this seems a bit unneeded... Everyone is kinda SOL once the Bijuu is taken from them o.o
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 05:36:58 AM »

I'm not saying that we make a rule where only the elite get to have a Bijuu; that's silly. It'd be impossible to determine who is and isn't elite, as we all have different opinions. I was saying that, in theory, only the skilled roleplayers will hopefully have a Bijuu.

As to hosts dying when a Bijuu's gone, there are ways around that. Do Jashinists die? Do those with extended life spans or life forces die? This additional rule could be used for certain exceptions.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 05:39:30 AM »

I'm not saying that we make a rule where only the elite get to have a Bijuu; that's silly. It'd be impossible to determine who is and isn't elite, as we all have different opinions. I was saying that, in theory, only the skilled roleplayers will hopefully have a Bijuu.

As to hosts dying when a Bijuu's gone, there are ways around that. Do Jashinists die? Do those with extended life spans or life forces die? This additional rule could be used for certain exceptions.

It is stated the you don't die if you have Senju or Uzumaki vitality or are downright immortal. Even though it was clarified that Uzumaki only get to live for a bit longer instead of dying right away, but even I'm not tough enough to mess with a whole village of gingers so I'll let that be.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 05:40:43 AM »

It is stated the you don't die if you have Senju or Uzumaki vitality or are downright immortal. Even though it was clarified that Uzumaki only get to live for a bit longer instead of dying right away, but even I'm not tough enough to mess with a whole village of gingers so I'll let that be.
Is it because you can't Human Path out what they don't have?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 05:43:57 AM »

I remember, I think it was Kage, expressing worry about people switching through bijuu so they could have all of their passive abilities. I have an answer for that. People can claim sand release and other such abilities while they host the beast, but if they extract it before they master every tail then they will not retain the power afterwards. What do we think of that?

Mastery, imho, has little to do with maintaining the abilities of the beast. I think it would be more reasonable to impose that you can only retain chakra from one previous tailed beast, and may only "stack" if you seal multiple within yourself.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 05:47:56 AM »

Mastery, imho, has little to do with maintaining the abilities of the beast. I think it would be more reasonable to impose that you can only retain chakra from one previous tailed beast, and may only "stack" if you seal multiple within yourself.

Which is impossible.

And hey Kage >.> Watch yourself.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2014, 08:15:11 AM »

Which is impossible.

And hey Kage >.> Watch yourself.

If the tailed beasts were combined in Geo Mazo or something of that sort, and then converted to ten tails, and then that single beast sealed, then in theory you could have the powers of multiple tailed beasts.

Of course, the Shinju is probably not even allowed SL-wise. Even if it were, it would be a discussion over whether you get all of the individual beast's abilities truly compounded into one.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2014, 05:48:34 PM »

I like the idea of retaining powers from bijuu and agree that you'd need complete mastery first before retaining it. However I want to add that once you lose the bijuu your power in whatever jutsu you mastered because of having the bijuu is now nerfed.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 08:28:43 PM »

I like the idea of retaining powers from bijuu and agree that you'd need complete mastery first before retaining it. However I want to add that once you lose the bijuu your power in whatever jutsu you mastered because of having the bijuu is now nerfed.

I like this but I need to ask what you mean by 'nerfed'.

Darkshinobi

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 10:15:58 PM »

As the active host of Son Gokū, one's ability to use Yōton is on a level entirely above regular users. They can create volcanoes.
 Once Son Gokū is gone, their Yōton is closer to the level of an (untrained) Yōton user. As far as I've ever known or noticed, this basic nerf has always been. It's simple common sense.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2014, 10:31:27 PM »

Also, someone correct me if I wrong here as I was reading the biju rules, but is there anyway possible to identify if a summoner has a biju. I mean, if they're a jinchuuriki, someone can sense them, but how does one figure it out if they just have it as a summon?
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 21 queries.