Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Author Topic: Opinions on Jiongu  (Read 1706 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Opinions on Jiongu
« on: April 25, 2014, 02:50:41 AM »

I wanted to ask what you guys think about Earth Grudge Fear. Someone asked me about it today and a lot of the details are sketchy.

I read one forum topic before arguing that Kakuzu is literally just skin, threads, eyes, and hearts. Nothing else. They pointed out that Sasori is just that heart core, so it's been shown that you don't need a brain. He could just be his heart controlling the thread body with eyes to see with.

I thought it would make sense that he doesn't have bones at least, since his arms extend like that.  I personally always claimed to just replace the musculature of my chest with threads to have the extra hearts but still keep my Kaguya powers.

The person asking me questions also posed that if he is just threads controlled by chakra and doesn't have a brain or nervous system then he wouldn't be stunned by raiton. What do you guys think? I'm not sure I agree with that part, because he does feel pain, which would suggest he has a nervous system, but is it just woven into the threads since he has no muscles? Very confusing. o~o

Hazama

• View Profile
Re: Opinions on Jiongu
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2014, 03:01:26 AM »

Back when I had Jiongu, I kept it nice and simple; I had no bones, so Kaguya was out of the question. But I also had no muscles, which meant no Gates.
I also assumed that being Jiongu meant just that, no bones or muscles, but you'd still have everything else.

On the Earth Grudge Fear wikia page, it states about how Kakuzu used the technique to replace any part of his body, especially his organs. This is why Hidan and Kakuzu were considered immortal.

So, I like to think that with Jiongu you still have your organs but can easily replace them if need be, hell, maybe even skin.

And as for the whole not having a brain thing... I don't think we really need to go into details that far, right? It's obvious that Kakuzu, at the least, has a brain because he shows that he can feel pain.

For using Sasori as a reference, Sasori couldn't feel pain. His heart was pretty much his whole chakra system, hence why he was able hope from one to the next. But he never showed any emotion, or any type of understanding for pain. So, by that logic, Kakuzu has to have a brain.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Trev

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2014, 04:43:19 AM »

Pretty much what Hazama said, just threads. Hell I doubt even Kaguya's could receive the surgery for it.

To say that they are immune to raiton stuns.....is a stretch.
Don't say f*ck any more because f*ck is the worst word that you can say

So just use the word mmmkay!

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2014, 05:15:50 AM »

Well, if he is JUST threads and hearts, then it can be argued that he can't be paraylzed by messing with the communication of things like muscles using Raiton.

Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2014, 05:26:17 AM »

Well, if he is JUST threads and hearts, then it can be argued that he can't be paraylzed by messing with the communication of things like muscles using Raiton.

That was the point someone was making.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2014, 05:41:00 AM »

That was the point someone was making.

I do not believe that to be the case, personally. I feel that the threads replace certain things in the body, but it isn't the entire consistency of the body.

"The Earth Grudge Fear is a secret kinjutsu of Takigakure which transforms the user's body into something similar to that of a rag-doll's, held together by hundreds of thick black threads."

Straight from narutopedia. The body is held together by thick, black threads, but it is not necesarily consisting of only those threads.

"...to tear into a victim's body, steal their still functioning organs, and integrate them into his own body, thus extending his life."

Also straight from the wiki. It implies that he has the ability to steal not just hearts, but other organs as well; eyes, noses, genitals, spleens, kidneys, transplant to the max basically.

Now, my interpretation is that his body is held together by the black threads, but does not necessarily function without other portions. The chemical communication of the nervous system could probably still be affected by a Raiton strike under this interpreation.

That's my take on it.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2014, 05:53:58 AM »

Personally I have always said the musculature of the body is replaced with the threads, as there seems to be a lot in there when Kakuzu extends his limbs. I think it's fair to say that is the case.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2014, 07:16:54 AM »

The limbs perhaps, but the torso which is the chamber for the body's organs? I lean more toward Eric's take on this. however, we know logic and this manga do not jive. Are there any instances of Raiton working upon Kazuma? Even if it don't make sense?

In the anime ys, but it was a tacked on thing for more cool fight scenes. So it's not "canon". Like I mentioned earlier he does feel pain though, which leads me to think he has a nervous system and a brain.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2014, 07:42:55 AM »

I kinda think everything.

What I'm thinking is that, as Bocch said, how the muscles are replaced with the thread and all, bones removed, ect...

But I also think that's all. All other organs should present still, because he still feels pain. Hell, even the Immortal Jashinist needs to eat, so what would make Kakuzu special?

Now, as for Raiton attacks... If the Raiton attack is something that effects the muscles, then I don't think it should have an effect... Like someone gets stabbed with Raikiri, the lightning paralyze would only work on muscles, right? I could be wrong, kinda tired xD

But, if it directly affects the functioning of an organ or of the brain, then the Jiongu user would then be able to be damaged? Or something along those lines?
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2014, 08:12:40 AM »

I do not believe that to be the case, personally. I feel that the threads replace certain things in the body, but it isn't the entire consistency of the body...

...my interpretation is that his body is held together by the black threads, but does not necessarily function without other portions. The chemical communication of the nervous system could probably still be affected by a Raiton strike under this interpreation.

That's my take on it.

Besides, the heart is, though an organ, also considered a muscle of sorts, and we know that that is not replaced by threads.

AkiraTheLegendaryANBU

« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2014, 02:51:38 AM »

In the case of raiton, I'd guess that you can try to restrain an opponent with electricity since anime is well known for making electricity a cross between matter and energy. So it could behave something like a zapping straight-jacket if used as such, but otherwise not sure if you could induce numbness/paralysis through raiton.

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.