Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Actions per Turn  (Read 3364 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Actions per Turn
« on: May 08, 2014, 05:37:57 AM »

I have seen an interesting trend lately, that being 3 actions being done in a single turn. Now, if this were a single person doing this, then I would not be as confused, but as I browse around on the site, I see it with a little more frequency than that.

Did that update to 3 moves a turn instead of 2 without my noticing of it? It's quite possible, but if I am able to do 3 moves a turn, I don't want to keep wasting that extra move.  :(
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
Re: Actions per Turn
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 06:07:26 AM »

The "3 actions per turn" usually refers to the three actions you can do: an offensive, defensive and support action in one post. Though there are some exceptions to this, and performing certain techniques usually takes up an action in two separate posts. Which includes, but is not limited to the following.

Susanoo - one action per advancing form. In other words, you can form the skeletal on your first post with it, complete with the second, full with the third and perfect on the fourth. (Note: Perfect usually refers to just an additional/more composed form of Susanoo, instead of the gargantuan behemoth that Madara was shown to use. But even then, using it at all is still debated upon.)

Sage Mode - If you have Perfect Sage Mode (six resets into it) then you only need one action in gathering enough natural energy to go Sage Mode in your next posting. (I've been seeing this get skipped quite a bit recently.) Anything lower (3-5 resets) usually takes longer.

But when it comes to clones and summons, it can get really iffy and messy. I would like to ask, do clones and summons count as separate entities and get their own three actions, or do their actions count for the poster's actions as well? And what about the number of actions a person is allowed when dealing with multiple attacks on them alone?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 03:47:38 PM »

The "3 actions per turn" usually refers to the three actions you can do: an offensive, defensive and support action in one post. Though there are some exceptions to this, and performing certain techniques usually takes up an action in two separate posts. Which includes, but is not limited to the following.

Susanoo - one action per advancing form. In other words, you can form the skeletal on your first post with it, complete with the second, full with the third and perfect on the fourth. (Note: Perfect usually refers to just an additional/more composed form of Susanoo, instead of the gargantuan behemoth that Madara was shown to use. But even then, using it at all is still debated upon.)

Sage Mode - If you have Perfect Sage Mode (six resets into it) then you only need one action in gathering enough natural energy to go Sage Mode in your next posting. (I've been seeing this get skipped quite a bit recently.) Anything lower (3-5 resets) usually takes longer.

But when it comes to clones and summons, it can get really iffy and messy. I would like to ask, do clones and summons count as separate entities and get their own three actions, or do their actions count for the poster's actions as well? And what about the number of actions a person is allowed when dealing with multiple attacks on them alone?

That's strange, I had always been taught offense-defense and then done. But I guess times change, and it is high time that I catch up.

What I do know hasn't changed is that summons and clones are included in your action limit, even when dealing with multiple attacks one your person from various sources. Again, I could be wrong, as it seems there was a shift in things that I missed the boat on.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 05:36:53 PM »

I've just been saying three actions a post in general. They don't need to be offensive or defensive or whatever.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 09:23:58 PM »

I only say 3 actions in general because if for whatever reason my opponent does not attack me why would I not use that time I would be defending with to launch a second attack? Within reason. When I think of this I mean like throw exploding tags then following it up with a fireball.

The Chameleon Sage

• Hmm...maybe you're right. Nah, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2014, 09:33:19 PM »

Eh that could become troublesome because some will not hesitate to abuse them. Usually making their three actions three nearly impossible to block\evade attacks. That or have a few bunshins or something use three attacks simultaneously. It's just not right. I usually follow the one attack/support/defense system. If I summon a Chameleon to whip out its tongue and catch an opponent at a lightning fast speed, I'm not gonna be launching a Rasenshuriken at the same time (not just because I can't use Rasenshuriken)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2014, 10:32:17 PM »

It just doesn't make any sense to me any other way. You should be able to not do any defensive or supplementary actions to put forth greater offense.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2014, 11:16:44 PM »

It is starting to seem like I am the only one who has just used attack-defense for most of my time here. O_o Man have I been wasting my turns. 

Kay, I think you forgot to mention summons/companions, unless that falls under personal NPC.  :-? Cause I and Rita fight alot together, for good reason.

The Chameleon Sage

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2014, 01:06:41 AM »

Eh, to be honest I rarely use supplementary unless Kuchiyose no Jutsu counts (which I bet it does, since there is no attack nor defense involved in that).  :)

Anyway, Bocch, I see where you're coming from but if your opponent is starting off the fight with three S-Rank Techniques fired off simultaneously, which I know is stupid strategy wise, then that starts the battle off in an.... "interesting" way I should say. When Kay said that each turn is six seconds IC wise, then that leaves you with limited reaction time to dodge three techniques. It just isn't fair. Fire off one offensive jutsu at a time. No need to have a backup jutsu already fired and a backup jutsu  for the backup jutsu.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 01:08:46 AM »

If someone did that I'd just absorb them or Hiraishin out of the way. :D

The Chameleon Sage

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 01:16:04 AM »

For me, depends on the kind of jutsu. I could block and crush their hand with Iron Sand or something related. I would use that against them or something  :)

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 01:29:40 AM »

Sl as a whole doenst have any official rules besides those of the bijuu and kage, ect.

Everything else is based on who you rp with.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

The Chameleon Sage

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 09, 2014, 01:45:38 AM »

Well in a major RP event like an invasion or a tournament, Chuunin Exams (where did those go?  :?:) and so on, I can just imagine the arguments that may appear if a person does like three wide scale Shinra Tenseis in one post. Since they count as "offenses" they are legit, if you have the chakra for it. That's why I prefer the offense/defense/supplementary rule in zones, to prevent whole village destruction techniques being spammed in one post.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 09, 2014, 01:54:01 AM »

Well in a major RP event like an invasion or a tournament, Chuunin Exams (where did those go?  :?:) and so on, I can just imagine the arguments that may appear if a person does like three wide scale Shinra Tenseis in one post. Since they count as "offenses" they are legit, if you have the chakra for it. That's why I prefer the offense/defense/supplementary rule in zones, to prevent whole village destruction techniques being spammed in one post.

It would not be legit because at the very least Shinra Tensei has a 5 second cool down.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2014, 03:47:08 AM »

It would not be legit because at the very least Shinra Tensei has a 5 second cool down.

The point is that three very powerful techniques used in succession, on one turn, that require very little preparation time might would cause some controversy.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 21 queries.