Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Diverse, SL RP  (Read 1874 times)

Eric

• View Profile
Diverse, SL RP
« on: May 12, 2014, 02:31:02 AM »

Let me start with by asking rhetorically: What did I agree to?

Now, this is premature as no definitive answer has been given yet, but it seem that the climax of the RP in Kusagakure has come. A decision has or will be hashed out. All of this after I put my heart and soul into a post.

I'm not looking for pity, but I am completely baffled at this point, as the resolution may include a 1v1 fight between the host of the two tails and one of the attacking members. If that is going to be the solution every friggen time, we might as well bring back biju challenges full swing!

As I try to keep from ranting, I will point out that the disagreements in the RP have been going on for some time now. I am guilty of helping instigate and flame the issue at times, and will not try to shy away from my responsibility towards it.

Is it really that hard to bring a large group of RPers together for a fight without things breaking down the second someone starts an attack? Posting order issues were present too, but the chief breaking point had been disagreements regarding attack-response, including the usage of sound genjutsu and someone's claim to void it.

It would have been helpful had they stated that in their bio before we started fighting, but I digress. How have other large RP fights been in the success department lately? I post this out of frustration and confusion. I thought we would go in, have a fight, have some end result. As the attacker, I had been banking on success, but had things went south, that's the way it would have been.

Instead, crap hit the spinning fan. The fan slowed for awhile, but sped back up again until it was in full blast. I am at my wits end here. What can I do to make large RP fights that I am in work, just short of selling myself out?

This started out as a rant on how the biju RP fight went, but then I thought about it; how are we supposed to have a Great Shinobi War if we can't even get through one battle? Then, it became a bit less about the biju squabble and more about what kind of scale RP I can participate in without having to fight tooth and nail for one reason or another.

I almost miss my days in Konoha where I sat around waiting for something to happen.

So back to my question: What did I get myself into?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Diverse, SL RP
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2014, 02:36:58 AM »

Does anyone but me instigate large scale rp where there can be a negative outcome?

I attacked Iwa and that finished with only minor hassle.

My attack on Oto was almost flawless argument wise. Trev and I had one small argument over a Genjutsu attack and then the later debacle with Shindo trying to void his death. Other than that it was smooth.

In Kiri now and that seems to be going well, albeit slowly, since apparently 15 people wanna join.

The Chameleon Sage

• Hmm...maybe you're right. Nah, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2014, 02:42:16 AM »

Interesting that bad huh? I was supposed to come to Kusa for about a week now. Is it really a mess? I am interested in seeing how much chaos is going down this time.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2014, 02:43:19 AM »

Interesting that bad huh? I was supposed to come to Kusa for about a week now. Is it really a mess? I am interested in seeing how much chaos is going down this time.

Yeah essentially 0 progress has been made.

The Chameleon Sage

• Hmm...maybe you're right. Nah, not really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2014, 02:51:52 AM »

I actually want to abandon my team and go there solo now. Just to laugh at the stupidity of the arguments. Then maybe I'll do something, then dramatically retreat.  :)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2014, 03:12:32 AM »

I actually want to abandon my team and go there solo now. Just to laugh at the stupidity of the arguments. Then maybe I'll do something, then dramatically retreat.  :)

Would not do you much good at this point.

Does anyone but me instigate large scale rp where there can be a negative outcome?

I attacked Iwa and that finished with only minor hassle.

My attack on Oto was almost flawless argument wise. Trev and I had one small argument over a Genjutsu attack and then the later debacle with Shindo trying to void his death. Other than that it was smooth.

In Kiri now and that seems to be going well, albeit slowly, since apparently 15 people wanna join.

You must divulge your secrets, because maybe I can still use it to salvage this Kusa thing.  :(
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2014, 11:16:05 AM »

I think the main issue in Kusa was the continuous mess of OOC posting, which very commonly seemed to even interrupt IC posting. Usually if someone has a disagreement with another person, they should take it to PMs first. If they wish to discuss it with a group, we have the forums here to discuss with the other individuals. I'm not too sure of the first taking place, but the latter was definitely not instated. In general the OOC consisted of the following:

- Posting order
- Another purposed posting order
- Comments that don't contribute to the RP at all
- Separate the RPs
- Void him
- Void her
- Void them
- Void this
- Void that

So yeah, too much OOC that got in the way. I don't think people understand that if you want an RP to work, then you can't flood it over with so much OOC banter. If you have a disagreement with someone, take it to PMs. If you can't settle between each-other, call a judge or take it to the community on the forums.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2014, 11:44:09 AM »

...So yeah, too much OOC that got in the way. I don't think people understand that if you want an RP to work, then you can't flood it over with so much OOC banter. If you have a disagreement with someone, take it to PMs. If you can't settle between each-other, call a judge or take it to the community on the forums.

Okay, so the first time I got into it with Medic I set a bad precedent that kind of screwed the rest of the RP, gotcha.

Though how would you take it to the forums when some of the participants do not even frequent the forum?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 05:54:45 PM »

...So yeah, too much OOC that got in the way. I don't think people understand that if you want an RP to work, then you can't flood it over with so much OOC banter. If you have a disagreement with someone, take it to PMs. If you can't settle between each-other, call a judge or take it to the community on the forums.

Okay, so the first time I got into it with Medic I set a bad precedent that kind of screwed the rest of the RP, gotcha.

Though how would you take it to the forums when some of the participants do not even frequent the forum?

It aint difficult to make a forum account. If you cant come to a solution any other way just tell them that they need to make an account because the only other way to decide it is on the forum.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 17 queries.