Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please petition corrupted/Badnavs in game, nothing can be done from the forums.

Poll

Is the Rinnegan still legit?

Yes, it requires Rinnegan resets.
- 2 (11.8%)
Yes, it requires Mokuton, Sharingan, and Rinnegan resets.
- 8 (47.1%)
Yes, it requires mixing the chakra of Ashura & Indra.
- 0 (0%)
Mixture of option 1 and 3.
- 2 (11.8%)
Mixture of option 2 and 3
- 1 (5.9%)
No, this is getting ridiculous and the Rinnegan is for Kaguya & the So6Ps only.
- 4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 28, 2014, 03:32:13 AM

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Is the Rinnegan still legit?  (Read 7659 times)

AkiraTheLegendaryANBU

Is the Rinnegan still legit?
« on: May 14, 2014, 03:21:21 AM »

Ok guys, I realize this is probably a stupid topic to start but here goes. Now I get that we all just love our doujutsu and all the crazy powers they grant us, but I'm experiencing a sort of dilemma here in light of some of the newer in formation as revealed by the So6P in the manga. Originally we just kind of figured that the Rinnegan was just some rarely occurring doujutsu because of Nagato just having it. Then we eventually came to know that Madara ended up giving Nagato the Rinnegan without him knowing about it (probably through some genjutsu mind-wipe or something) after he mixed Hashirama's DNA with his own. Which lead us to believe that Mokuton + Sharingan = Rinnegan. After which in an attempt to lower how many people could utilize the Rinnegan on SL people started requiring maxed Mokuton and Sharingan resets along with Rinnegan resets as well to make it legit. Now what always seemed off was the fact that Danzo had multiple Sharingan, one of which being Shisui's Mangekyou Sharingan eye, and Hashirama's DNA BUT for some reason he never awakened the Rinnegan in ANY of those Sharingan eyes. Now thanks to the last couple chapters it's become relatively clear that the Rinnegan is actually more or less attained by mixing the chakra of Ashura & Indra.

For those of you who aren't familiar, those two were the sons of the So6Ps. And their powers were so great that after they died they're chakra kept getting passed down to particular individuals through the generations. Hashirama & Madara was one such rivalry where Ashura & Indra's chakras were in play, thus meaning that when Madara implanted Hashirama's DNA inside himself he had successfully mixed both chakra signatures to allow the Sharingan to awaken into the famous Rinnegan. Which is why Danzo was unable to do so, seeing as none of his Sharingans nor his own chakra signature has the necessary essence of Indra to mix with Ashura's, which he possessed through Hashirama DNA.

So here in lies my question. If Mokuton & Sharingan isn't required for the Rinnegan anymore, then how is this gonna work out on SL? Does the criteria change to needing the proper resets along with possessing the chakra of Ashura or Indra respectively (and thus being something of their incarnation) AND mixing the chakra of your friend/rival to then lay claim to this legendary KG? And if so, then exactly how many reincarnations of Ashura & Indra are going to be running around SL? Cause if we go by reincarnation as both we and the series know it, then there will only be 1 pair of individuals each generation to act as incarnations of Ashura & Indra. And a new pair will only show up after the last pair inevitably dies. So what are your thoughts?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Is the Rinnegan still legit?
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2014, 03:37:46 AM »

I say we keep doing what we have been doing. That is? Pretending the Indra/Ashura thing never happened. SL is a different world where characters from Naruto don't exist or are completely different.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2014, 04:06:29 AM »

I haven't thought about that concept in a long time however I've never used the Rinnegan in rp...yet. I suppose we should keep what we were doing...however obtaining Limbo should only be used with pure Rinnegan eyes and not implanted eyes. I've made this note before.

Also obtaining Limbo should be confirmed by other rp judges before it can be taken into effect seeing that only one thing can counter it and that is Six Sage powers.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2014, 08:45:00 AM »

I think that the whole Rinnegan thing is over played. If you have the resets for it them rp it. And I say even if you have the Rinnegan resets and not the others you should be able to use it.

What if you want to use Rinnegan only like Nagato? Why should you have to get Senju DNA and EMS in order for that? IT is just stupid.

Plus it is hardly fair that one can easily use Sage Mode upon gaining 6 resets but you have to have a much higher amount to use Rinnegan. Really Sage Mode is more OP than Rinnegan.

So I say just get the resets for it and rp with it..... or hell just rp however you damn well want to and don't worry about others. There are always people out there that will rp with you. Stop trying to please everyone else and just have fun yourself.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2014, 02:31:10 PM »

... or hell just rp however you damn well want to and don't worry about others. There are always people out there that will rp with you. Stop trying to please everyone else and just have fun yourself.

And that is why a Great Shinobi War in current SL is not possible. But I digress, I agree with that end point nonetheless, as there will always be a group to join in with.

I say we keep doing what we have been doing. That is? Pretending the Indra/Ashura thing never happened. SL is a different world where characters from Naruto don't exist or are completely different.

This is the most practical answer to this issue, as it would be impractical to try to do anything else, unless you really want to start up a storm and make most if not all of the SL population surrender their precious Rinnegan. Then we'll have even more sage mode users, and as Kirk pointed out, that can get kind of OP if you know what you're doing (and don't have the Rinnegan to compete with).

Not the answer I really like, but probably the most practical option at this point.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

AkiraTheLegendaryANBU

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2014, 10:09:58 PM »

Ok, so then just to recap the idea that the Rinnegan goes unchanged we'd have to accept convenient self-made plot-holes. Like that the Shinju, Kaguya, So6Ps, and his kids don't exist and yet the Sharingan, Byakugan, and Rinnegan all just magically exist in a world that has always been a ninja-verse. Same for the the 9 tailed beasts and the fact that they can merge into an almighty 10 tailed beast. And that we just need to mix Mokuton & Sharingan to make Rinnegan in a similar transformational way? Am I understanding the logic that's being utilized to keep the status quo?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2014, 10:55:42 PM »

Ok, so then just to recap the idea that the Rinnegan goes unchanged we'd have to accept convenient self-made plot-holes. Like that the Shinju, Kaguya, So6Ps, and his kids don't exist and yet the Sharingan, Byakugan, and Rinnegan all just magically exist in a world that has always been a ninja-verse. Same for the the 9 tailed beasts and the fact that they can merge into an almighty 10 tailed beast. And that we just need to mix Mokuton & Sharingan to make Rinnegan in a similar transformational way? Am I understanding the logic that's being utilized to keep the status quo?

Yes.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2014, 11:37:58 PM »

We have to remember that the SL-verse =/= Narutoverse in terms of history. The current Rinnegan-obtaining system is fine as it is.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2014, 04:44:06 AM »

I still don't understand why one can not just have the Rinnegan resets to use the Rinnegan? I mean what if you don't want an account with all those resets and all.

Why can you not just have those resets and rp a Nagato like character which is crippled like with six other bodies that have to be obtained via the death of some in-character characters? I honestly see nothing wrong with this.

edit in: And if you void someone who rps in that manner then you are just being an ass. Really how is a cripple that uses the Rinnegan's Six Paths of Pain Tech more OP than a person who has EMS, Mokuton, Rinnegan, and all the elements?
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 04:45:52 AM by UettoSenju »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2014, 04:47:26 AM »

Because that isn't how the Rinnegan is born. You can implant Rinnegan eyes into someone without Senju or Uchiha and they will essentially be Nagato.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 05:12:32 AM »

Because that isn't how the Rinnegan is born. You can implant Rinnegan eyes into someone without Senju or Uchiha and they will essentially be Nagato.

The Rinnegan is born by the combination of Ashura and the other guy's chakras, which would require reincarnations of them.

That's just being technical. Without that little bit, it would be relatively unimportant to have Mokuton and Uchiha backgrounds, and thus, it would make a degree of sense to have just the Rinnegan as a requirement.

Now, doing that might have more Rinnegan running around, but frankly, it hasn't stemmed the tide very much if it at all.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Angra Mainyu

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2014, 05:24:59 AM »

That's just being technical. Without that little bit, it would be relatively unimportant to have Mokuton and Uchiha backgrounds, and thus, it would make a degree of sense to have just the Rinnegan as a requirement.

Now, doing that might have more Rinnegan running around, but frankly, it hasn't stemmed the tide very much if it at all.

This is the only reason I don't have more than one character running around with the Rinnegan (right now).

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2014, 08:53:43 AM »

I just say for those who only have rinnegan make them handicap and that should be a big enough debuff.

Really not many people will want to be a cripple I think. Then again I don't see Rinnegan as being all that OP

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2014, 06:26:42 AM »

You haven't seen what it can do then. The Paths are nothing compared to users of 'pure' Rinnegan.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2014, 12:00:59 AM »

You haven't seen what it can do then. The Paths are nothing compared to users of 'pure' Rinnegan.
You do know you can make use of the Six Paths technique with just the pure Rinnegan itself?
This is not including users, whom make use of Limbo Hengoku....

I see it like this, users of Senjutsu are on par with Rinnegan users; just we have more Rinnegan users then Senjutsu users on here then anything.

Maybe we can change this in the future.
Pages: [1] 2 3

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 23 queries.