Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please report outages in the thread "messages/server outages", Thanks.

Poll

Is the Rinnegan still legit?

Yes, it requires Rinnegan resets.
- 2 (11.8%)
Yes, it requires Mokuton, Sharingan, and Rinnegan resets.
- 8 (47.1%)
Yes, it requires mixing the chakra of Ashura & Indra.
- 0 (0%)
Mixture of option 1 and 3.
- 2 (11.8%)
Mixture of option 2 and 3
- 1 (5.9%)
No, this is getting ridiculous and the Rinnegan is for Kaguya & the So6Ps only.
- 4 (23.5%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Voting closed: May 28, 2014, 03:32:13 AM

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Is the Rinnegan still legit?  (Read 7708 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Is the Rinnegan still legit?
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2014, 04:16:30 AM »

You haven't seen what it can do then. The Paths are nothing compared to users of 'pure' Rinnegan.
You do know you can make use of the Six Paths technique with just the pure Rinnegan itself?
This is not including users, whom make use of Limbo Hengoku....

I see it like this, users of Senjutsu are on par with Rinnegan users; just we have more Rinnegan users then Senjutsu users on here then anything.

Maybe we can change this in the future.

I feel it is slowly shifting.

Also if you know how to counter it then it is all well. And as for this Limbo BS are we allowing that at SL cause come on really it is to OP. No one here has the SoSP super gift to be able to sense it or see it. Unless we make it to where all Senjutsu users can sense them and all Dojutsu can see them. I think it should be buffed to were sensors can sense them and any dojutsu see them.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2014, 06:25:38 AM »

Quote from: UettoSenju

Also if you know how to counter it then it is all well. And as for this Limbo BS are we allowing that at SL cause come on really it is to OP. No one here has the SoSP super gift to be able to sense it or see it. Unless we make it to where all Senjutsu users can sense them and all Dojutsu can see them. I think it should be buffed to were sensors can sense them and any dojutsu see them.

Well...in the canon manga only users of the Rinnegan see the full corporeal from of that users shadow and Sage of the Six Paths Senjutsu can only sense it as well as hurt them with Senjutsu-based attacks.

SL-wise?
I feel that Rinnegan-users can see it and Senjutsu users can sense but also hurt them.
Byakugan? Well...I don't think it would be able to see something corporeal as described from Limbo; if it's chakra well perhaps it could be seen by all doujutsu but this hasn't been explained fully yet if the shadows derive from the user's chakra.

It could be though since any damage done in corporeal from is reflected to the original, so it's plausible that maybe certain doujustu that can see chakra will see or sense the corporeal shadows.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 07:14:07 AM »

Or we could just use it like a long range Shinra Tensei like it seemed to be before it was "explained". Like me. Because invisible alternate dimension ghosts are veeeeeeeeeeeeeery dumb.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2014, 09:03:48 AM »

Well...in the canon manga only users of the Rinnegan see the full corporeal from of that users shadow and Sage of the Six Paths Senjutsu can only sense it as well as hurt them with Senjutsu-based attacks.

SL-wise?
I feel that Rinnegan-users can see it and Senjutsu users can sense but also hurt them.
Byakugan? Well...I don't think it would be able to see something corporeal as described from Limbo; if it's chakra well perhaps it could be seen by all doujutsu but this hasn't been explained fully yet if the shadows derive from the user's chakra.

It could be though since any damage done in corporeal from is reflected to the original, so it's plausible that maybe certain doujustu that can see chakra will see or sense the corporeal shadows.

I'm aware of how it works canon wise but for rp purposes it should be a thing that requires chakra and the shadows should be chakra based. Other wise spamming will take place and such... really anyone without Rinnegan or Sage Art by that logic can't defend against it and would be auto-hit worthy in terms of rp. Sense auto-hitting is against the rules it wouldn't be allowed to be used.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2014, 11:31:27 PM »

SL-wise?

...it [shouldn't] be allowed to be used.

There we go, now I agree with this part of the discussion. ^_^

Limbo as it is in the canon should not be used/permitted here on SL.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2014, 12:17:34 AM »

SL-wise?

...it [shouldn't] be allowed to be used.

There we go, now I agree with this part of the discussion. ^_^

Limbo as it is in the canon should not be used/permitted here on SL.

I agree with Eric.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2014, 12:21:55 AM »

I agree with Eric as well.

AkiraTheLegendaryANBU

« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2014, 08:14:51 PM »

I'd have to agree with the agreement. Limbo seems like you need to have particular resets to even have a chance dealing with the nonsense that is the Limbo technique. In response to Bocc's concerns I'd just say drop Limbo and just say you're good enough with the Deva path's gravity powers to perform precise gravity bitch-slaps and call it a day. XD

Suishou Koji

• Site Staff (Game Master)
  • Elder of Shinobi Legends
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2014, 10:02:07 PM »

Exactly. Do some of you guys really need Limbo? If you have the Rinnegan already, the paths are plenty.

Bocchi couldn't have said it better.
Current Raikage and Wikia Mod.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2014, 12:35:50 AM »

Exactly. Do some of you guys really need Limbo? If you have the Rinnegan already, the paths are plenty.

Awwww, then how am I gonna have a guy's night out with my shadows?  :P
I planned a Poker Night and everything...

But really...their are more OP things then Rinnegan such as Mokuton, Shakuton, Bakuton, Jiton, Some but not all Custom KT/KG or any of those other Immortality techniques. (Living Corpse Reincarnation, Jashinism, Jiongu, ETC)

Since Limbo is actually derived from the Deva Path then you can actually just make it less powerful; as you said and make in a rather long-range Shinra Tensei.

However what about the shadows' physical capabilities that they inflict upon their opponent; like keeping them afloat or taking the brunt of an attack? How would this be worked upon?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:40:03 AM by Camel »

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2014, 02:20:29 AM »

That was my point. No ghosts. At all. You look at a point (ah la Kamui) and from there an omni-directional Shinra Tensei is launched. That's how I will be using it.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2014, 08:44:46 AM »

But really...their are more OP things then Rinnegan such as Mokuton, Shakuton, Bakuton, Jiton, Some but not all Custom KT/KG or any of those other Immortality techniques. (Living Corpse Reincarnation, Jashinism, Jiongu, ETC)

Since Limbo is actually derived from the Deva Path then you can actually just make it less powerful; as you said and make in a rather long-range Shinra Tensei.

However what about the shadows' physical capabilities that they inflict upon their opponent; like keeping them afloat or taking the brunt of an attack? How would this be worked upon?

Just make them invisible shadow clones >.>

Styx

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2014, 09:10:01 AM »

So would clones of your shadow be shadow shadow clones?

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »

So would clones of your shadow be shadow shadow clones?

Dying right now. xD

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2014, 08:32:03 PM »

Yeah, the KG and KT that you listed can be absorbed by Rinnegan techniques. Living Corpse Reincarnation, last time I checked, only brought back zombies that could not use their full strength. Even if they could use their full strength, they are not Edo Tensei on the level of being able to regenerate and limitless stamina and all.

On its own, Jiongu and Jashinism are not OP. Combine them together, and you got a different story, but on its own the Rinnegan is plenty powerful. The only legitimate comparison to a fully decked out Rinnegan (plus EMS) is perfect sage mode or a custom Hyugan setup.

And Limbo cannot be derived from the Deva Path unless the controlling of gravity is the shadow doing all the pulling and pushing (with the planet creation tech being an exception). Otherwise, it is clearly a "Creation of all things" type of technique that does not necessarily fall under the Six Paths. If it does, it would have to be the Outer Path due to its power over life and death (and presumably a thing or two inbetween).

They use "shadow", but honestly, it is the creation of a clone in a different dimension/world that can affect this current world, more like a ghost than anything else.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 22 queries.