Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Author Topic: Battle in Kiri  (Read 13962 times)

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Battle in Kiri
« on: May 24, 2014, 09:36:44 PM »

Here's a topic for any discussions and/or arguments about the current attack on Kiri.

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
Re: Battle in Kiri
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 09:49:17 PM »

A cloud made of chakra that my partner informed me of was not impossibly difficult to find, nor was finding it cheating.
That's all there is to say about that.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 11:44:36 PM »

A cloud made of chakra that my partner informed me of was not impossibly difficult to find, nor was finding it cheating.

Except Dart claims it was a natural storm cloud that formed seconds before Isa's jutsu to act as a medium for it.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 11:52:31 PM »

Except Dart claims it was a natural storm cloud that formed seconds before Isa's jutsu to act as a medium for it.

That ^

Lolz from Dart;

Except you cannot without causing a jutsu to occur as this is our village~
Just like none of you can control the NPCs of Kiri.
Same exact thing~

And I already know English so I don't know why you'd send me a dedinition?
---Original Message from Hiraishin God, Shadow(2014-05-24 21:36:37)---
~~~~~Totally. #Right

Next turn we'll post the sky becoming clear. So, nice try.~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We can't alter the weather without a jutsu, but they can cause they live there.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 11:53:17 PM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2014, 12:09:29 AM »

Well, I'm happy to hear that talk is about a cloud, and not myself.
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 12:11:25 AM »

Well, I'm happy to hear that talk is about a cloud, and not myself.

You're next.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Hazama

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 12:19:29 AM »

I'm so happy that I'm after a cloud   :evil:

Shows that people aren't really concerned about me!  :twisted:
I don't always make sense, but that's kind of the point.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2014, 04:22:06 AM »

Here's a topic for any discussions and/or arguments about the current attack on Kiri.

:roll: This is going to be one of those threads hm? Has a serious issue even come up that has halted the RP as of yet, other than congestion?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2014, 05:03:38 AM »

:roll: This is going to be one of those threads hm? Has a serious issue even come up that has halted the RP as of yet, other than congestion?

Oh, no, there's an argument currently happening so I made this. Dart just refused to make a forum account because it's much more efficient to fill the place we are rping with arguments so everyone can see them, according to Dart.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2014, 05:07:25 AM »

I think this is why I do not do surprise attacks and stuff and explain everything in detail in my post. Like the whole performing hand seals for a jutsu in the next posting round. It sets up your character the ability to be able to do any jutsu that you can think of in order to counter your opponents move. Basically you have a escape-goat. That to me is meta-gaming. Having the ability to dodge any move that comes at you cause you could say the hand seals were for this jutsu or that jutsu depending on what your opponent uses.

I know Isa does these things this is why I say this. To me is is just a cowardly way to rp, no offense. You are setting yourself up to have the upper hand. I prefer to just present my opponent with a situation they can not think of a way to avoid instead of surprise attack. Truly that is what rp fighting is. It is a game of wits. Who can outsmart the other. Who can create a situation to were their opponent can't think of a way to get out of it. RP fights should be played like a game of chess your moves follow each other trying to create a mental trap on your opponent.

On to another issue, I think from what I read it is safe to say that these clouds were indeed intended to be used for a jutsu. Whether they had chakra in them or not is still up to debate I suppose. It seems that Kiri says they had not yet been chakra added to them which would mean they couldn't be detected true and thus make the Akatsuki meta-gaming. However, I thought that only Game-Masters could control the environment. That is how it is done at most sites and even then they can't misuse their powers to aid in fights for 'anyone'. 'God' has the power to control the weather and such things. For a person to randomly post the weather is changing in order to aid them in battle, be honest that is what happened here, that is using 'God's' power aka God-Mod. So I see flaw on both sides really, Kiri and Akatsuki.

Now if the Mist of Kiri has a mystic power to act on its own to protect the village then that is another thing. The Kiri-nin could indeed post this happening. Much like the plants outside Konoha is a living forest and can attack someone if it feel threatened. However, this should be noted in the post that the mist is acting upon this mystic power and it shouldn't be done in a person's post but yet be done in a separate post were it is noted the person is posting on behalf the mist.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2014, 05:58:23 AM »

Isa has not gotten back to me but if that is what he intended to do he did not make it very clear.

His post is literally, "I unfurl my scroll and activate it, within seconds of its activation a storm cloud begins to form over the battlefield."

So I do not see how that could be taken in any other way then he used the scroll to form this cloud. I know it is what Dart is saying but there is nothing in Isa's post that implies it is a natural cloud formation. 

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 07:19:34 AM »

Isa has not gotten back to me but if that is what he intended to do he did not make it very clear.

His post is literally, "I unfurl my scroll and activate it, within seconds of its activation a storm cloud begins to form over the battlefield."

So I do not see how that could be taken in any other way then he used the scroll to form this cloud. I know it is what Dart is saying but there is nothing in Isa's post that implies it is a natural cloud formation.

By chance could you present Isa's post to use here on the form? I for one don't feel like filtering through the madness.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 08:05:58 AM »

(6d3h) <霧隠> Isaribi the Great would exit from the headquarters, the intelligence agency through which he was able to send out his mass request for reinforcements, and immediately revert into his mist form. After only a few seconds, he'd join up with the others, Rinoa and  Sakuren most particularly, and stand tall to their rear. He'd use his Byakugan, hidden beneath his eye-patch, to take a scan of the gates before approaching directly; he'd notice the actions of Harou and Yohei, and of the others, and would  cross his arms in a certain displeasure over this incident. Looking to the two females and reaching into his pouch, he'd withdraw two small seeds resembling soldier pills, and say softly, "Eat these. I'm about to rain hell down onto these here children who think they can just waltz into our city and cause mayhem." After handing these seeds to the women, Isaribi would return his hand into his pouch and withdraw a rather large, blue scroll.  He'd place the body of the scroll into his mouth, holding it with his sharpened teeth, and then use his hand to unfurl it quite rapidly. He would then activate it; within moments of its activation, a large storm cloud would begin to form over the front section, the section containing the gates and current battlefield, of the village. Dropping the scroll form his mouth, he'd close his eyes. In doing so, he'd send a message through Isobu to the other Jinchuuriki of Kirigakure, while simultaneously whispering to Sakuren and Rinoa through his own lips, "Prepare for the deluge, ladies," "Prepare for the deluge, gentlemen!"

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 08:22:19 AM »

(6d3h) <霧隠> Isaribi the Great would exit from the headquarters, the intelligence agency through which he was able to send out his mass request for reinforcements, and immediately revert into his mist form. After only a few seconds, he'd join up with the others, Rinoa and  Sakuren most particularly, and stand tall to their rear. He'd use his Byakugan, hidden beneath his eye-patch, to take a scan of the gates before approaching directly; he'd notice the actions of Harou and Yohei, and of the others, and would  cross his arms in a certain displeasure over this incident. Looking to the two females and reaching into his pouch, he'd withdraw two small seeds resembling soldier pills, and say softly, "Eat these. I'm about to rain hell down onto these here children who think they can just waltz into our city and cause mayhem." After handing these seeds to the women, Isaribi would return his hand into his pouch and withdraw a rather large, blue scroll.  He'd place the body of the scroll into his mouth, holding it with his sharpened teeth, and then use his hand to unfurl it quite rapidly. He would then activate it; within moments of its activation, a large storm cloud would begin to form over the front section, the section containing the gates and current battlefield, of the village. Dropping the scroll form his mouth, he'd close his eyes. In doing so, he'd send a message through Isobu to the other Jinchuuriki of Kirigakure, while simultaneously whispering to Sakuren and Rinoa through his own lips, "Prepare for the deluge, ladies," "Prepare for the deluge, gentlemen!"

Yeah, that defiantly seems like a jutsu is being used to form these clouds which means any dojutsu or sensor could note it.

I'd say if this isn't what Isa was aiming for then he should really explain more in his post. As for now one can not judge by what he says he may have meant to post but strictly by the contents of his post and those are that this scroll activated a jutsu to summon these clouds... Although, we may not be aware what the clouds are being summoned for that has little to do to the fact it is a jutsu based gathering by the context of his post.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 09:02:32 AM »

Yeah, that defiantly seems like a jutsu is being used to form these clouds which means any dojutsu or sensor could note it.

I'd say if this isn't what Isa was aiming for then he should really explain more in his post. As for now one can not judge by what he says he may have meant to post but strictly by the contents of his post and those are that this scroll activated a jutsu to summon these clouds... Although, we may not be aware what the clouds are being summoned for that has little to do to the fact it is a jutsu based gathering by the context of his post.

I don't see how anyone could think otherwise after reading the post.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 21 queries.