Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Battle in Kiri  (Read 13396 times)

UettoSenju

• View Profile
Re: Battle in Kiri
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2014, 10:43:23 AM »

(6d3h) <霧隠> Isaribi the Great would exit from the headquarters, the intelligence agency through which he was able to send out his mass request for reinforcements, and immediately revert into his mist form. After only a few seconds, he'd join up with the others, Rinoa and  Sakuren most particularly, and stand tall to their rear. He'd use his Byakugan, hidden beneath his eye-patch, to take a scan of the gates before approaching directly; he'd notice the actions of Harou and Yohei, and of the others, and would  cross his arms in a certain displeasure over this incident. Looking to the two females and reaching into his pouch, he'd withdraw two small seeds resembling soldier pills, and say softly, "Eat these. I'm about to rain hell down onto these here children who think they can just waltz into our city and cause mayhem." After handing these seeds to the women, Isaribi would return his hand into his pouch and withdraw a rather large, blue scroll.  He'd place the body of the scroll into his mouth, holding it with his sharpened teeth, and then use his hand to unfurl it quite rapidly. He would then activate it; within moments of its activation, a large storm cloud would begin to form over the front section, the section containing the gates and current battlefield, of the village. Dropping the scroll form his mouth, he'd close his eyes. In doing so, he'd send a message through Isobu to the other Jinchuuriki of Kirigakure, while simultaneously whispering to Sakuren and Rinoa through his own lips, "Prepare for the deluge, ladies," "Prepare for the deluge, gentlemen!"

Yeah, that defiantly seems like a jutsu is being used to form these clouds which means any dojutsu or sensor could note it.

I'd say if this isn't what Isa was aiming for then he should really explain more in his post. As for now one can not judge by what he says he may have meant to post but strictly by the contents of his post and those are that this scroll activated a jutsu to summon these clouds... Although, we may not be aware what the clouds are being summoned for that has little to do to the fact it is a jutsu based gathering by the context of his post.

I don't see how anyone could think otherwise after reading the post.

No were was it noted to be a natural gathering of clouds thus you can't claim it as such now. And I know someone will argue well it wasn't bluntly noted to be done by chakra either... Well that is were the contest and flow of the words posted comes into play which leads one to think that it is chakra based. Plus the fact that saying it is not could just be a cheep attempt to not have your plains ruined, not saying it is but possible. Therefor, one must be left to assume that these clouds are indeed chakra based and can be noted.

Next subject  8)

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2014, 06:31:10 AM »

...he'd withdraw two small seeds resembling soldier pills, and say softly, "Eat these. I'm about to rain hell down onto these here children who think they can just waltz into our city and cause mayhem."

After handing these seeds to the women, Isaribi would return his hand into his pouch and withdraw a rather large, blue scroll.  He'd place the body of the scroll into his mouth, holding it with his sharpened teeth, and then use his hand to unfurl it quite rapidly. He would then activate it; within moments of its activation, a large storm cloud would begin to form over the front section, the section containing the gates and current battlefield, of the village...

This is not Yugioh, but when you activated a trap card, typically if something changes within moments of its activation, the card had some sort of effect on it.

In the context of SL, the clouds could not have gathered out of sheer coincidence; the intent is clear that the scroll either brought the clouds together, created the storm clouds and all, or manipulated them in some fashion as to create the storm.

It's beating a dead horse, but the chance of that being a coincidence in context is slim if not none.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Shadowfire

• Fly and be free, for that is what we all dream for
    • View Profile
    • Immortal Guardian Shadowfire
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2014, 02:36:35 PM »

I can understand dart's argument, however. Can you claim to see the clouds in a bank of hundreds of clouds already existent?

I mean it would be hard to see one cloud forming in a stratosphere already brimming to overfull with other clouds, right? And if the cloud comes together based on chakra, couldn't the chakra leak out to the other clouds nearby? So it would be hard as hell to dictate one cloud made for the assault when compared to a thousand others, unless you plan to literally completely clear the skies....

But as I stated in Kirigakure, I agree with the akatski.... An unnatural cloud forming tends to draw attention in this fantastical world of powers, so it seems quite genuine to me to dictate the sight of the clouds, or the chakra therein...

I see no problem with a post that dictates they move to eliminate a threat before it becomes a true threat....

However, this whole thing with the Gedo Mazo.... Can someone post here the wikia page for that so we can understand all the ramifications of the arguments to come out of that assault, and system? Also, and subsequent posts explaining the attack made by dear Hazama would be nice as well... Because I am honestly confused by the dictates that litter the kirigakure battlefield...
"Where would light exist, if Darkness didn't? One cannot exist without the other, and if one vanishes, so does the next. So by that logic, Good and Evil are the same way and if one vanished, so would the other. Thus it must be good, to be evil sometimes."

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2014, 12:08:56 AM »

Well from what I remember, for the Gedo Mazo to completely be used to its effect, it must have the tails in order, just as it did in the show.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Gedo_Mazo

Itachi Pursuit Arc
After Kisame captures Rōshi, the Four-Tails jinchūriki, he and Itachi discuss the sealing of the tailed-beasts. Itachi says that they don't need to rush to capture the Nine-Tails, since that beast is supposed to be the last one sealed, or else the statue would break apart.

Just as it states right there, in which if they plan to capture the 3 tailed beasts Kiri controls, they must have the tails in order or it will break apart. I don't know their plans though, so it may not be about capture the tailed beasts or something completely different.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2014, 12:12:10 AM »

You are mistaken, it is never said the Mazo needs the tailed beasts to work.

The only requirement was that the 9 tails be sealed last otherwise the statue would break. Because their plan was to seal all the beasts in it and they need to know that.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 12:33:23 AM »

The only requirement was that the 9 tails be sealed last otherwise the statue would break. Because their plan was to seal all the beasts in it and they need to know that.

Let me hammer the final nail in the coffin for you guys, Hazama can't summon it if he is still an Edo Tensei.

One who possesses the Rinnegan is capable of summoning and controlling the Statue; it cannot be summoned using a fake Rinnegan, although the user's Six Paths of Pain are also able to summon it. Those who possess both Uchiha and Senju DNA are also able to control it.
When summoned, the Statue bursts from the ground, emerging either partially or entirely, depending on the situation.

Then there is of course the Senju and Uchiha DNA; which is needed to control it, otherwise it'll just rampage around like Godzilla.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2014, 01:29:34 AM »

Hazama is not an Edo Tensei, he Oro body changed to another person who, you guessed it has Uchiha and Senju DNA.

Camel

• Global Moderator
  • 01010100 01100001 01100011 01101111 01110011
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2014, 01:37:55 AM »

Hazama is not an Edo Tensei, he Oro body changed to another person who, you guessed it has Uchiha and Senju DNA.

Basically he used Living Corpse Reincarnation while he was Edo Tensei to jump into another body and magically become alive? Seems legit.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2014, 01:38:49 AM »

Regarding the Gedo Mazo, the requirements to summon and claim it are below.
Resets
4x Uchiha
4x Senju
6x Rinnegan

RP-wise
EMS

And this is taken from Hazama's bio. (As of May 26)
---Kekkei Genkai(ηεεℒ)---
EMS(4/4)
Explosion Release(1/1)
Wood Release(3/3)
Rinnegan(6/6)
Shikotsumyaku(2/2)

But that does bring up some questions. Did Kyu officially give up his claim of it? Or does this fall under the category of Bocc's Akatsuki voiding the acknowledgement of summoning contracts at all?

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 27, 2014, 02:05:01 AM »

Regarding the Gedo Mazo, the requirements to summon and claim it are below.
Resets
4x Uchiha
4x Senju
6x Rinnegan

RP-wise
EMS

And this is taken from Hazama's bio. (As of May 26)
---Kekkei Genkai(ηεεℒ)---
EMS(4/4)
Explosion Release(1/1)
Wood Release(3/3)
Rinnegan(6/6)
Shikotsumyaku(2/2)

But that does bring up some questions. Did Kyu officially give up his claim of it? Or does this fall under the category of Bocc's Akatsuki voiding the acknowledgement of summoning contracts at all?

Not everyone in Bocc's Aktasuki is voiding the acknowledgement of summoning contracts, though to help answer the question, if he did not surrender his claim, then it is likely that whats-his-face has claimed it instead. Whether the justification is due to inactivity or for whatever reason, the new summoner is claiming it and attempting to use it in a fight.

It would not be the first time that a summoning contract is claimed by someone else and accepted if the previous does not challenge it, if that is the case.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Old Man Xia

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2014, 03:45:01 AM »

I never claimed it needed a tailed beast to be used in a fight, but in the show it showed to have more power when it had up to 7 tails. Considering the power of that, it would only be a vessel of the ten tails at this state as no one that I have seen yet has summoned it.

I do not completely agree to the use of the Gedo Mazo without setting specifications in which it can be used. Though I am but one person in an argument that I had tried to avoid mostly.

"Laziness is nothing more than the habit of resting before you get tired"

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2014, 03:52:02 AM »

Basically he used Living Corpse Reincarnation while he was Edo Tensei to jump into another body and magically become alive? Seems legit.
Or not. I'm calling bull crap on that one.

I don't think that a soul bound to a dead corps should be able to move to a living corps. I think if it happened the body would reject the soul and they go back to the afterlife. Sense the living body would reform to act as a medium to keep them in the living realm.

I have always gotten out of it that the dead zombie corpse is a medium for the soul to stay in the living world. If the soul leaves it to enter another vessel they would be rejected by the living realm and cast back.

I just don't agree with that working at all. Reincarnation jutsu bring souls from the dead back to being able to have living aspects not soul switching ones.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 03:53:51 AM by UettoSenju »

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2014, 03:56:11 AM »

Also who exactly did he steal the body from? Just wondering cause that person themselves had to have maxed Sharingan, Senju, & Rinnegan resets, along with EMS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L58Tev1t0N0

^ seems that according to what they are saying the Gedo does indeed have some of the tailed beast power inside when it is fighting with this much power. I noted it in Kiri to do a similar if not the same raiton attack done here so I ask would it need the tailed beast power to be able to do that? I am not saying it can not fight but would it be as strong as shown here? It is a given the more tailed beast put into it the stronger it gets correct?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2014, 04:12:00 AM by UettoSenju »

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2014, 04:50:21 AM »

^- all of the above arguments, plus some.

To go back to my cloud, Dart was wrong to argue on my behalf. He wasn't wrong to draw attention to the fact that a) if I had summoned the cloud as opposed to have gathered it, they would have been metagaming by noticing it was different b) they assumed it was Kirisame (Renkai said Kirisame in his post, and Sabu assumed it was water, both of which were not my intention.)

I talked to Bocchiball about this; got it straightened out pretty well, I think. Sabu's sealing method will fail in my post because he said it was a water sealing technique. Bocchiball tried to say it was a generic sealing technique, but... if that is the case, well, I wanna know this technique so I can go around and spam it on everyone, sucking up everyone's techniques into nice little scrolls no matter what it is made out of.

Next, Hazama. I too contest that he is even able to summon the Mazo, and I also contest that he is entitled to ignore the damage received from the twins. Even if he is a Jashinist, that doesn't mean he regenerates; further, I've seen the effects of concussive force against tempered plate steel armor on ballistic gel torso, and it isn't pretty by any means. Hemorhage and concussion (leading to delirium, confusion, and inability to focus or coordinate mentally or emotionally) are both common things I saw in the tests I conducted years back.  Bone and steel are different, sure, but Kimimaro's bones were stated to be as strong as steel. Bocchiball gave me two examples where Hidan "tanked" techniques, but neither of them were a combination technique, neither of them were point-blank, and neither of them were as focused as the twins' attack. So, that's my argument for that. I want to see Hazama either a) dodge the twins' attack somehow or b) suffer his concussion, hemorrhage, and be so confused and delirious that summoning the Mazo would be impossible anyway.

Further, now that I think about it, it was pretty clear that me, Sakuren, Rinoa, Saino, etc are all out of sight enough from the battle that only a Byakugan could be able to actually find us; but determining us as such from the civilians would be a nice try. With all the buildings and such breaking up that Sage Mode Wind, how did Hazama get blown all the way to my position in such a way as to be able to summon the Mazo and auto-find me and my merry band of manslayers?

The Mazo even being summoned is another issue. He claimed to have borrowed resets from another account, which isn't okay in my own personal book. I haven't seen him openly train his skills anywhere, though I guess you could argue I haven't looked everywhere. Further, in the Manga, there is only supposed to be one true Rinnegan, which means only one true summoner of the Mazo. Madara is the exception to this with Sasuke gaining the Rinnegan because they are both reincarnations of that one brat of the Sage.

Then there is the issue of Edo Tensei jumping into a living body. I'm in the opinion of a definite no, but technically speaking, I haven't found anything that says you can, nor anything that says you can't. Further, I wanna know the person he jumped into. I wanna see proof of it all.

I also want to know more specifics about this lightning-like chakra blasts; I have a Byakugan which would be able to identify everything about the chakra nature, type, etc of this blast and would be able to direct my countering to it, if the summoning is legal. Which I do not propose that it is.

Without certain rules over the RP of the Rinnegan revolving around recent Manga developments, I don't see how we can feasibly say that Hazama has a true Rinnegan and is able to summon the Mazo. That needed to be determined a month ago; determining it now, even in Hazama's favor, is metagaming.

Anyway. We determined that we were going to ask Takara to be the judge on the battle. She is known for her neutrality. We'll see what she says on the matter. I'll see if I can't direct her to this forum post; other people should probably do so as well, because I am incompetent when it comes to working the forum.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 27, 2014, 05:27:07 AM »

I honestly wish you'd stop posting in anything regarding me, Kage, because you seem to operate on a set of rules unique to you. I'm not even gonna bother.

I said there are things like generic seals, so maybe he did something like that. I said I did not know what specific thing he used so you should ask him. :/

Jashinist's actually DO regenerate, for one.

"Furthermore, Hidan also has impressive healing abilities, the greatest example of this is how rapidly he healed from numerous physical injuries he underwent during his battle against Asuma and Shikamaru. Mere moments after that battle he had been completely healed from all of his wounds and the damages he was subjected to such as getting his rib cage crushed by two kunai blades, piercing his leg,getting his whole body perforated by Shikamaru's shadow, stabbing his chest with his retractable spear, having his scythe piercing his abdomen and go through his back and getting his neck sliced then reattached. Even his scars seemed to heal unusually fast, his burnt scars inflicted by Asuma's Fire Release: Ash Pile Burning completely vanished mere days later."

I noted that Hidan was hit with Kakuzu's Wind Release: Pressure Damage and Chiriku's 1000 Armed Murder and just got up and continued to fight. Chiriku juggles Hidan in the air with like a 6-hit combo of fists as big as Hidan is. Nothing.

The two leaf nin run him through with kunai blades and crush his rib cage, which he completely ignores and precedes to have his fight with Asuma.

I'm pretty sure blood pumping out of a golfball sized hole in your heart would inhibit your ability to fight, what with all the blood flowing into your chest cavity, again, Hidan is fine.

Jashinist's bodies are different they are not as affected by physical damage.

There is a blanket void on everything in the Return of Madara arc as far as I am concerned. There are no "true" rinnegan because that isn't how rp worked out on SL. The 50 people that reset 6 times for it are not gonna do a battle royal to determine who has the "real" Rinnegan. It works like it always has, EMS plus Senju DNA equals Rinnegan.

You have to ask Hazama which body he took, I believe it is Neel, like his bio says. I believe he is "borrowing" the resets from the account of the character he took over.

It is surprising how many arguments start with, "There is no evidence one way or the other but..." well where are we going to go with that then? There is no reason to assume an Edo Tensei zombie cannot use a jutsu to transfer his soul to a living body. Dan was able to use his Spirit Transformation.

http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Demonic_Statue_Chakra_Blast

Is that ability. It's just very large blasts of chakra. I'm also not going to watch the whole video and look for what I think you might be referring to Kirk, please explain.

Isa, you're gonna need to understand that not everyone saves every rp they do so they can show it to the people they rp with in the future as proof of things they did. Can I see the comment lines of you training to use the jutsu you are about to do? Can I void the jutsu if you don't? It's just silly to expect people to have a saved portfolio of all they've ever done.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.