Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Monster Deathmatches  (Read 3093 times)

Sabumaru

• Justin Trudeau will vouch for me
    • View Profile
Monster Deathmatches
« on: May 29, 2014, 04:23:30 PM »

Hey gang.
With my alts, Tom and Yoshira, I'm gonna host a monster-hunting tournament if anyone is interested. Most everything you'll be fighting is non-canon, I'm thinking Demons, Chupacabras, stuff like that. All OOC so I'll actually hopefully be able to partake as well.
Anyone is welcome to join, just post in the thread if you wanna register.

What I really need is a few volunteers to help me RP the monsters. I was thinking that anyone RPing as a monster would do so anonymously so if you want that job, please PM me instead of posting it on here (unless you don't care). I'll either judge myself or have a mutually respected judge on hold to keep things rolling, and anyone can drop out at any time.

It won't be for a while yet, I'm just seeing if anyone would be interested in something like this. Unfortunately I have little to offer as a reward unless someone wants me to make them a weapon or jutsu or something. <_<
Anyways, let me know if you think this would be fun. If nobody is interested I'm not going to waste my time on it.

Trying to set a new record for number of toddlers fought off simultaneously

Hades

• View Profile
Re: Monster Deathmatches
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2014, 05:37:29 PM »

This sounds like a unique idea, I'm definitely interested.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2014, 05:59:31 PM »

I'm gonna have a bracket, but instead of fighting each other you'll first have a 1v1 fight with a monster, then (if you win) you'll ascend in the bracket and have a 2v2 fight with someone else who already won there 1v1. So together, you'll fight two monsters. Eventually everyone who survived will be pitted against a secret final boss.

If you die, it's OOC, but you will be removed from the tournament. That means someone or a few people will end up at a disadvantage later on. For example, you die in round one, someone has to fight two monsters alone. You die in round two, three people have to fight four monsters. Etc. At least this way nobody will be against other players, and that's part of the reason I'm hoping to keep the people who are RPing as the monsters anonymous.

This tournament is purely fun, so anyone being rude IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM will be removed. This includes but is not limited to:
Unnecessary sass or backtalk to your fellow RPers
Poor Sportsmanship
Insulting the quality anyone's RP
Attempting to kill your own teammates (unless they want it or something weird)
Interrupting other fights

I'm really sick of everyone being all mean and stuff so I'm gonna be almost excessively strict about this. Besides that, most of the fights are going to be stacked in the favor or the characters, not the monsters, unless someone dies. Ideally I can pull off this whole tourney wihhiut any large disputes.

I also decided that I will personally judge alongside someone else who I haven't selected yet. (It could be you! Apply in my mailbox!)
If anyone had questions, ask em.

Edit: I've decided to officially name this tournament Shinobis Against Monsters, or the SAM tourney. Some people have shown interest but I still need more shinobi to take down these beasts. You can be any skill level, it's strictly fun RP. Tell your friends, yo kids, yo wives.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 08:23:09 PM by Sabumaru »

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 02:30:30 AM »

This tournament is purely fun, so anyone being rude IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM will be removed. This includes but is not limited to:
Poor Sportsmanship...

Seems rather subjective. What would count as "backtalk"? I get poor sportsmanship, but what is this "backtalk" that you speak of?
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2014, 03:01:00 AM »

Poor Sportsmanship...

Seems rather subjective. What would count as "backtalk"? I get poor sportsmanship, but what is this "backtalk" that you speak of?

Okay you know how people are really rude on here but sometimes try and do it in subtle ways? Like they'll put winky faces and give someone a backhanded compliment. I'll try and find an example of some to show you Eric.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2014, 04:18:34 AM »

Poor Sportsmanship...

Okay you know how people are really rude on here but sometimes try and do it in subtle ways? Like they'll put winky faces and give someone a backhanded compliment. I'll try and find an example of some to show you Eric.

Like any time me and Kamui are on the same village board.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2014, 05:34:48 AM »

Like any time me and Kamui are on the same village board.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2014, 01:42:05 PM »

Poor Sportsmanship...

It stops being subtle when people do it so often, though I know what you mean as I believe I have done it before myself. I am normally courteous, but with no idea of the kind of competition I'm faced with, I don't want to obligate myself and hold myself to that.

Especially when the prize is still very much in the air.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Raifudo Oppa

• ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2014, 04:40:28 PM »

Sign me up as the sassy monster who attacks you with whispered insults and giving you a false sense of confidence.

Isaribi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 03:11:37 AM »

I too like this idea. It is unique and interesting. As long as everyone participating can be courteous, it would be fun. Talking to/about you, Bocchiball.
If you think you can, you can.
If you think you can't, you're right.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 07:49:44 AM »

I too like this idea. It is unique and interesting. As long as everyone participating can be courteous, it would be fun. Talking to/about you, Bocchiball.

Says Kimura "This wouldn't be taking so long if all of your posts weren't so utterly horrible" Isaribi.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2014, 04:08:51 AM »

I'm guessing Susanoo-users aren't going to be allowed to enter for obvious reasons?

Zenaku

• Godaime Raikage
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2014, 04:41:00 PM »

Hahaha, leave it to Sab...
Zenaku is a Godaime Raikage
Title: Grand Raikage
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Born as Warlord of the Kaguya Ichizoku
Born as Child of Prophecy to the Toads of Myōbokuzan.
Born as Senji of the Forest
Born as Grand Master of the Uchiha Ichizoku
Orochimaru Kills: 234

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2014, 04:46:06 AM »

The SAM (Shinobi's Against Monsters) Tournament is a thing I made up so that I could run a really big RP for you guys. Maybe you'll make new friends, maybe you'll earn fabulous prizes, but I promise you'll have fun!

This tournament is PURELY FUN, made to help us enjoy RPing with each other and by no means should result in heated arguments or angry participants (unless you're just angry to be angry in which case you're gonna get kicked out).
To prevent unnecessary forum posts I've selected 6 judges, all of whom I respect and trust, though I've chosen to keep them anonymous from the participants and each other. So if there is an issue that requires judging, I will bring it to my judges individually and as quickly as possible, and have them give their opinion on the problem. If there is a tie I will be the breaker. Once all the opinions have been collected by me I will present them to the participants. I ask that you do not try and argue the final verdict once it has been presented, and will remove anyone who continuously questions the rulings not because I'm some overbearing power-hungry maniac, but because I'm not putting as much work as this will require into a tournament only to have you incessantly bitch and moan about it. So if you do I'll have no problem removing you. :)
The event will be styled like a tournament, sorta. Everyone will start with a match that is them alone versus one monster.
IF YOU WIN, you will advance to fight alongside another shinobi who won their first match against two monsters. So on and so forth until everyone who survives is pitted against one final boss.
IF YOU LOSE then you suck and will be removed from the tournament obviously. More importantly, say you lose in round one, whoever you were supposed to fight alongside will now have to fight two monsters alone. Basically if you die it makes it harder for everyone else eventually.

The first few rounds will be pretty easy, depending on the final number of participants. Each fight will actually be scaled to your characters power level, so to answer your question Kage, you are more than welcome to join even as a Susanoo user. The best part about "monsters" is I can make up whatever I want to fight you guys, so all your OP powers are gonna actually be 100% necessary by the time you get to the third of fourth round, depending.
Once 4 or more people are fighting together, I'm gonna make it EXTREMELY hard to beat these monsters so you guys are forced to work as a team. These things are going to be insanely overpowered, so just keep that in mind. However, ideally, we'll have a good enough variety of characters, godlike or otherwise, so that weaker characters can still fight insanely powerful monsters, just as long as they have someone like Kage on their team.

I have about 20 RP items I never ended up using, so I plan to give them away as prizes. But since some of you won't want my petty toys I am trying to find something that will satisfy ya'll OP ninjas. So please feel free to shoot me ideas for that. DP has also been considered but I think it's kinda worthless. But I could be wrong.
The point is fun, so ideally there won't be any sass from anyone. (i'm looking at you, EVERYBODY.)

I know there's more stuff I need to cover, so if I missed something please feel free to ask me about it.

Sabumaru

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2014, 10:48:19 PM »

Okay so uh I'd like to get the ball rolling on this but too many people have only said "maybe" or "if enough people are interested"
Well plenty of ya'll have said that so the interest is there.

THEREFORE, IF YOU ARE INTERESTED, PLEASE POST "I would like to join" IN THIS THREAD SO I CAN DO THIS. I can't keep having people say "maybe" so if you do not tell me you want to then you will not get to. END OF STORY.
NO LATE ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED AND THE OPPORTUNITY TO SIGN UP ENDS ON MONDAY, JULY 9TH.
Thanks ya jerks.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 17 queries.