Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

New members: you need admin approval, please petition *in game* if you made an account. :)

Author Topic: Yin Yang Release  (Read 2166 times)

Kobayashi Toshiro

• View Profile
Yin Yang Release
« on: May 31, 2014, 10:23:58 PM »

Regarding this topic i would appreciate it if those who seek to comment would have current, citable knowledge of: the manga, anime, narutopedia, applicable konoha library writings, RL knowledge of these concepts (Yin-Yang & Qi) and an attitude of respect in discussing this topic.

For the sake of this incarnation of my SL profile in Kobayashi Toshiro i would like to argue for the legitimacy of Kobayashi Toshiro’s background, certain developing techniques in Yin-Yang release form, and Yin-Yang release techniques being used in SL.

Background:

I am developing a writing on that originated from a subsection of the Naruto timeline. This particular section is not cannon however things are taking from non-cannon aspects of Naruto all the time and applied within the game SL. Specifically the writing covers the monk/ temple side of Naruto and how temples and shrines in could be applied in SL. I created this piece with Nara Eric as an editor (I am aware that this is a topic only vaguely covered in the manga/anime). This is because he is the most aware of Toshiro’s abilities regarding Qi; additionally, I would like this paired writing to be considered cannon within the SL universe.

As Kobayashi Toshiro, I have communicated that Yin-Yang release is Qi (for the sake of this argument these two terms will be interchangeable); this associates with his background in spirituality and spiritual philosophy applied with chakra or a physical representation of Qi as a an exclusively defensive/reflective force.

Developing:

I am currently developing a few techniques that use a physical representation of Qi but with the new manga chapters I have needed to redefine my descriptions of Qi because of the way Madara and Obito use it (#638-Current). I think most of us will agree that the manga interpretation applied to SL would be too much.

The following is the current way for which I explain QI: this Qi ability it is a force that can absolutely protect from unarmed, physical attacks or weapon attacks. It is a metaphysical force invisible to those unable to perceive the spiritual or without ninja monk art tutelage (basically a long period of temple/shrine discipline). This force in particular reacts as a natural defense to tangible physical elements like flesh, weapons, projectile objects, etc. that are not improved by a layer of chakra. Effectively nullifying Taijutsu, Bukijtsu, Shurikenjutsu, Kenjutsu etc. When concentrated one could concentrate the force to resist several of the basic elements of ninjutsu. In other words, if focused this force would could reject any number of the five basic elements of ninjutsu (as a parameter it would be limited to negating two of the five natural elements max, regardless of copied natures).

Technique usage:

I would like to suggest strict use based on defensive preservation from the aspects above and not the offensive form like Madara/Obito. If something needs to be made clear perhaps the preface of this writing needs to be reviewed or i would encourage you to PM me in SL.

This is my proposition this far subject to change with the support of a reasonable opposing or supporting argument. :) :D :?

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
Re: Yin Yang Release
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 08:01:31 AM »

So basically you want to be physically invincible? Not only to weapons and fists but chakra attacks as well?
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Kobayashi Toshiro

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 09:49:22 PM »

I was inspired by

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2TmFnDahfI 2:30 (Anime#71.)

and have adapted this particular skill to Kobayashi. Besides that, fist, tools and basic ninjutsu aren't the only ways to defeat someone in SL. Those are just the most popular ways.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:53:32 PM »

He does kinda just punch those fireballs out of the way. That is pretty weird.

Kobayashi Toshiro

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 04:56:31 AM »

I know that's what i'm saying!

I'm trying to explain that that would be Qi within the SL universe only legitimize by the character/background explanation based on a relationship to temples and shrines that I will publish additionally supported by Anime evidence.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 05:27:51 AM by Kobayashi Toshiro »

Kyutu - Super King -

• Yep.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 05:43:50 AM »

I'd be fine with heavy resistance within reason, but *Protection from damn near everything* seems... excessive for RP purposes.
>INB4 banned for opinions.

Kobayashi Toshiro

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 07:57:57 AM »

I definitely agree that this skill should be used based within exclusively strict guidelines. (Subject to change)

1.) "Based on defensive preservation from the of "Kobayashi Tosiro's" comments above and not the offensive form like Madara/Obito."

2.) "Effectively nullifying Taijutsu, Bukijtsu, Shurikenjutsu, Kenjutsu etc." Explicitly nullifying non-enhanced physical combat (use of chakra layer) and non-enhanced tools (use of chakra layer) not including flash bombs, poisons or enormous explosions. "When concentrated one could concentrate the force to resist several of the basic elements of ninjutsu. In other words, if focused this force would could reject any number of the five basic elements of ninjutsu" Those are: lightning, wind, water, earth, fire. (Need it be said that one who can utilize Qi is also able to recognize Yin release and Yang release techniques to some degree.)

3.) Qi cannot defend against advanced natures or Kekkei Genkai even at its highest level (13+ reset points).

4.) Based on the host character’s account the Qi skill can only be learn if that character maintains 13 reset points or more. The Ninja Monk Arts cannot be learned unless the account maintains 10 or more reset points on that account.

1.) Additionally, the character must be devoted to these skills so it can’t be abused by characters who claim mastery over several other styles and/or kg; preferably claiming to be a monk/priest. That being said a monk wouldn’t boast many skills and therefore could devote themselves to a few.

5.) If a player has five resets or more in sage mode then Qi will encourage the accumulation of natural energy to the host by a slight percentage.

6.) Qi can be manifest and manipulated into pseudo-dynamic, physical form into these defensive shapes variants only: sphere, plate, and column.

If you would notice from the manga that Yin and Yang release is able to manifest shape (column^) = http://naruto.wikia.com/wiki/Chakra_receiver even though in all cases it has been used by an active Rinnegan host I would like to limit its ability in SL when used without the Rinnegan.

1.)   The receivers won’t be able to control the opposing body (Not chakra receiving stakes or chakra disruption blades or chakra receiving rods in their full capacity. (Rinnegan))But will be able to “disrupt the Chakra Pathway System of anyone who touches them, preventing them from using complex techniques” including advanced natures. This would be because of the influence of Qi that when introduced to the opposing body would disturb it, fluxing between unbalanced/differentiating levels of either physical and or spiritual energy.

2.) Going back to the defensive shapes variants the sphere is the neutral state of the plate. The plate is the active defensive form that Qi would take when being manipulated to a given shape. It could be flat, curved, rounded, given shallow depth, thinned or opened.

3.) The offensive form would be like 6.-1. Above. Related to a non-Rinnegan style of use using Nagato as a the example.

7.) In-game "Alignment" must be "Lawful Good"
« Last Edit: June 11, 2014, 01:43:06 AM by Kobayashi Toshiro »

Thecurse

• Lets brush our cares away!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2014, 05:55:29 PM »

He does kinda just punch those fireballs out of the way. That is pretty weird.

With enough skill and chakra it's absolutely possible to knock fireballs out of the way akin to a Ki blast in dbz lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkoDjY_-mO4
I used to be an adventurer like you...but then I took a slap to the face and woke up >>....dragons AREN'T real.

Kobayashi Toshiro

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2014, 04:13:52 AM »

That's what I'm saying! :D

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 17 queries.