Shinobi Legends Forum - Shinobi Legends Game Site

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Ever wondered if your ideas have been talked about in the forum already? Well, try out the "search" option, where all your questions can be answered.

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Just a statement out here.  (Read 3491 times)

Kage

• View Profile
Just a statement out here.
« on: June 07, 2014, 07:40:19 PM »

Was busy yesterday and I only now was able to check out the thread with a 17 hour posting window about Ototon stuff and the broken discussion about it.

But yeah, this had me thinking on if the claims to other such village-specific or clan-specific techniques would fall under the same deal. I mean, my own village has it's very protective and secretive techniques that we try our best to keep under wraps to only specific individuals (Paper Ninjutsu), which has been shown to be a set of canon techniques, with a few custom ones thrown in with it that we claim. There have been one or two individuals which had it before, but they were cool with it and we made room for them under the blanket with us.

But we've made it specific that just because someone joins our village, it doesn't mean that they are automatically GRANTED permission to use our techniques. Same goes for people who "claim" that they used to be Amegakure shinobi and because of that, know how to use Paper Ninjutsu in their history.

We've even gone as far as to make a list of official users of our Paper Ninjutsu techniques, which we've classified as an Amegakure Hiden. But this other thread concerning Ototon has me concerned about it's safety in Hiden-ness, and other techniques from other villages and clans. I'm sure a few Uzumaki from the Uzumaki Clan would be a bit ticked too if it turns out that certain canon seals/techniques turned Hiden were to be out in the open too.

So yeah, what's up with that?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
Re: Just a statement out here.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 07:52:05 PM »

I like to think of it like this. All of you are going to lose to me regardless, so why worry about what jutsu people have?

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 08:02:11 PM »

I like to think of it like this. All of you are going to lose to me regardless, so why worry about what jutsu people have?
Because at that point, everyone can basically become a copy you with a different name. What happens when the unstoppable force meets with the immovable object?

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 08:05:57 PM »

Because at that point, everyone can basically become a copy you with a different name. What happens when the unstoppable force meets with the immovable object?
I'm still me, so logic dictates I win regardless.

Genesis

• Characters: Genesis, Synthesis, Vagabond, Yukio
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 08:50:08 PM »

Since I wasn't really here yesterday, I didn't get a chance to look at that thread and when I did it was an utter shit show.

I think a village has the ability to claim hiden stuff...like, that's what makes it hiden. And to learn the hiden, you actually have to go that village, and get this, actually rp WITH people and rp learning it.

Oto and Ame, are to my knowledge, open to teaching Ototon and paper ninjutsu. The only catch to learning these techs is that your character has to do their duties and stay loyal to that village...not hard.

If Oto and Ame are claiming whores and choose not to teach anyone, then by all means, claim that shit. As an Uzumaki, if one were to prove their loyalness and do their duty to the Uzumaki clan, then hell yes, I'll teach it to you...Hell, I'd love to.

I came to this site to RP with people, not claim things to myself...hence lets rp. All that hiden will be yours eventually.

If there is one thing I disagree with Oto on, it's that people who rp'd with Ototon in the past and who aren't on that list. If you can prove it in your history, by all means, it's yours.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 09:21:12 PM »

I don't think you should be able to claim paper ninjutsu because it is an Akatsuki member's ability and only a #dickbutt would claim those... wait...

The only reason I could see saying no to it being hiden is that it is just known to be a thing Konan does, not Ame as a whole but on SL it has kinda been made Ame's thing so I say go for it.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 09:56:40 PM »

F*** if you can keep it under wraps then go for it. Oto obviously has failed in doing such.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 12:25:02 AM by Shadowxx »
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

Bocchiere

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 11:56:50 PM »

Fuck if you can keep it under wraps then go for it. Oto obviously has failed in doing such.

Same ol same ol there.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 06:17:23 AM »

I had no idea that paper thing was claimed. I guess I'll remove it from my alt now. I hate wiki so we should really make a claims topic here to list this stuff.

Asadi

• Site Staff (Game Master)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2014, 07:01:14 AM »

I had no idea that paper thing was claimed. I guess I'll remove it from my alt now. I hate wiki so we should really make a claims topic here to list this stuff.

You're old school, Kirk. Just keep it.  ;)

Hades

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2014, 07:35:59 AM »

With claims shifting; people being added and removed, creating a forum thread for it wouldn't be very productive. The additions and removals, along with the various disputes, would make a forum thread for claims painstaking to try to follow. The wiki actually makes that really easy. Granted, rules could always be expanded upon further, but all the rules are there, as well as the claims, and records of the history of claims and disputes. Plus the navigation is easier.

Don't get me wrong, I totally understand some people just not even wanting to bother with the wiki, but the forum isn't automatically better for all things either.

Eric

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2014, 01:11:21 PM »

Was busy yesterday and I only now was able to check out the thread with a 17 hour posting window about Ototon stuff and the broken discussion about it.

But yeah, this had me thinking on if the claims to other such village-specific or clan-specific techniques would fall under the same deal. I mean, my own village has it's very protective and secretive techniques that we try our best to keep under wraps to only specific individuals (Paper Ninjutsu), which has been shown to be a set of canon techniques, with a few custom ones thrown in with it that we claim. There have been one or two individuals which had it before, but they were cool with it and we made room for them under the blanket with us.

But we've made it specific that just because someone joins our village, it doesn't mean that they are automatically GRANTED permission to use our techniques. Same goes for people who "claim" that they used to be Amegakure shinobi and because of that, know how to use Paper Ninjutsu in their history.

We've even gone as far as to make a list of official users of our Paper Ninjutsu techniques, which we've classified as an Amegakure Hiden. But this other thread concerning Ototon has me concerned about it's safety in Hiden-ness, and other techniques from other villages and clans. I'm sure a few Uzumaki from the Uzumaki Clan would be a bit ticked too if it turns out that certain canon seals/techniques turned Hiden were to be out in the open too.

So yeah, what's up with that?

Well now, does that also mean that you have to go to a certain Uchiha in order to learn Izanami or Izangi? The rest of the Uchiha "hiden" (which go along with their KG, but still are techs that the clan holds) are probably too spread out to even comment on.

What about the gentle fist? Do resets truly give you the ability to use them right off the bat? The byakugan is natural, but the gentle fist is a learned fighting style, unless your character re-invented the wheel with that one.

The gates are close to hiden as well, since not everyone can just pop 'em open. Resets grant that too.

Hiden associated with KG (dust release, storm release, etc.) what about those? You may state "just learn 'em cause you have the ability" but that would technically be the same for most hiden techniques in the SL-verse if we were to go by that logic.

A claims list for every hiden out there (even Uzumaki ones), I doubt, will work as intended.

...I came to this site to RP with people, not claim things to myself...hence lets rp. All that hiden will be yours eventually...

You may have been talking specifically to Bocc, but in any case, if all of the hiden are nothing more than collectables to be stacked like KG, then limiting access to it is kind of gimmicky. Those who already have it are in the clear, but anyone new who wants it is going to have to go through some red tape in order to obtain it.

Yes, I would actually call RP red tape, in comparison to KG which have been accepted to be obtainable via resets. It is not an "all bad" red tape, but it is red tape nonetheless. If I were to switch to Uzumaki tomorrow and claim chakra chains and some of the shown Uzumaki fuinjutsu (canon) then I see no reason why I should be voided, as my character would be an Uzumaki (with a backstory fabricated for the ocassion no doubt) who learned the techniques in some shape or fashion.

...So yeah, what's up with that?

As far as I am concerned, canon Hiden cannot really be restricted to a specific group, only the custom techniques built off of it (if there are any). By now, I am sure both Amegakure and the Uzumaki have quite the set of custom techniques. If someone invents a technique very very close to your custom one, then it is reasonable to let them know about it and come to an agreement about further proceeding.

As I am a Nara (one of the few, but the living) for the most part, if people wanna RP Naras then so be it. If they want to start RPing with my custom techs, they have to go through the red tape, which can be very extensive, especially when a certain curse plagues Konoha Board every time I try to focus on clan building extensively.

I have run into a few folks who have very similar versions of shadow migration; I discuss it with them and, for the most part, I'm cool with their usage as long as they can explain it well enough for it to be passable in a fight.
Anything you can think of I can't think of, let me know; that's how the sharing circle works.

Kage

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2014, 05:22:12 PM »

Well for one when regarding Uchiha-related techs, it's been somewhat of an unspoken rule about only Uchihas being able to learn them right off the bat or something. Usually the canon ones are up for free claims for any Uchiha.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Gunbai_Barrier_Technique
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Manipulating_Windmill_Triple_Blades
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Uchiha_Flame_Formation
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Uchiha_Return

And then there are a few custom ones that are free claims too.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Gunbai_Fanned_Wind
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Gunbai_Sword_Technique

Finally, there's this certain custom technique that are only learn-able by loyalty to the Uchiha Clan itself.
http://narutoprofile.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_Release_Armour

For the Senju Clan, just about all of their special techniques are custom and fall under the same loyalty rule. And from the way I see it for Hyuugas, Jyuken comes standard with their Byakugan since it's an in-game reset. Though it is contestable as to whether people who have the reset but claim for their Byakugan to be implants should be able to automatically know Jyuken right off the spot. Same goes for non-Uchiha with Sharingan implants, but that's a whole other discussion.

But I do believe it would be unfair for someone to automatically know of another clan's Hiden (Nara's Shadow Imitation, Akimichi's Multi-Size, Yamanaka's Mind-Body Switch, Aburame's Kikaichu, etc.) without being of their clan in the first place.

Ѕhadow

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2014, 08:16:52 PM »

Hiden claims on SL are no longer in effect, people will learn them regardless. You can only claim advanced moves you make.
I'm going to agree with you on some things and disagree with you on some things.

Something that can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence.

UettoSenju

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2014, 02:56:48 AM »

You're old school, Kirk. Just keep it.  ;)

I'd actual rather use my LeafNinjutsu as it is more fitting.
Pages: [1] 2

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 17 queries.